OilersNation turns one!

Wanye
November 17 2008 07:02AM

Ah the vagueries of the internet.

November 16, 2007: Decide to start Oilers fan site. Buy domain name. Give GoDaddy our credit number and select "auto renew domain."

November 16, 2008: After a long night of tomfoolery, get woken up to blackberry going crazy with people asking why the Nation is down. Mentally accuse slowest web developers ever of somehow botching this too.

Stumble to laptop, read yesterday's email from GoDaddy stating that the credit card used to purchase domain name has expired and cannot auto-renew domain. Remember new credit card tucked safely in wallet.

Curse blueberry vodka and Red Bull. Renew domain name. Wait patiently for Nation to comeback online. Write apologetic post to Citizens of the Nation.

Crack open beer and go to beach.

Happy birthday Nation!

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Robert
November 17 2008, 07:06AM

Thank god your back. I had a boring yesterday...

#2 Jerry MacWire
November 17 2008, 07:20AM

Fire the manager and coach of this site who let the domain registration expire! LOL

#3 The Towel Boy
November 17 2008, 07:24AM

...I think it's time to mix up the line combos. Somebody is not pulling their weight.

#4 RobinB
November 17 2008, 07:26AM

What? It's just like a one-year-old to sh*t its pants on its birthday.

#5 Travis Dakin
November 17 2008, 07:41AM

I thought someboy hacked the site. Welcome back and happy Birthday Nation.

#6 baggedmilk
November 17 2008, 09:05AM

I thought that since the Oilers were playing so badly the website imploded on itself.

ON is bringing all the sex appeal of a real one year old. Mmmm inappropriate.

#7 mab47
November 17 2008, 02:25PM

yea i thought someone from pensblog or ppp decided to mess wit us

#8 Zippy
November 17 2008, 03:21PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATION! Keep it coming!

#9 David S
November 17 2008, 05:06PM

A quick check on Go Daddy told me the story. Things like that happen more than you think. Every time its part comedy and part tragedy. The ensuing scramble to get things back on line is always entertaining and it really shows who has their blood pressure med prescription up to date.

#10 Amber McCormick
November 18 2008, 08:22PM

I feel like a proud momma. I can't wait till I start weening it off the teat.