Monday morning meow meow

Wanye
November 03 2008 11:25AM

There’s a game coming up against the Penguins on Nov 6. We’re excited because:

1. We only get to see Eastern Conference teams every seven years thanks to the schedule makers in NYC;
  2. We’re always excited; and,
  3. Because of all that nonsense with the pensblog, a win would mean getting to chirp the hell out of them. A loss, the inevitable backlash and name calling. Either way, good times.

You remember Pensblog right? The dirt squirrels who started telling off Brownlee and Gregor and were later engaged by jeanshortsandbaggedmilk at Wolf 359? We didn't really know what to do about the matter. It wasn't really our fight, but we do ever so love picking on people. At the same time we are trying to be on our best behaviour these days. You know, for the children.

So your ol' pal Wanye—the Minister of Defence of the OilersNation—decided to email these pensblog people personally and said basically the following:

"Yeah, yeah everyone started telling each other off and it’s all so clever. Tell you what: why don't we place a bet on the game? If the Pens beat the Oilers we will personally buy two of your site's T-shirts and you can give them away as a gift from the OilersNation. Oilers win—you can have the honour of paying for the first two NationGear shirts—coming in Dec 2008."

Basically we called them out. But we did it in a gentlemanly fashion via e-mail, not in a classy post like this. "Put a little walk in that talk, son. Or you can keep running your mouth all over the net. You pick."

We tried to lay a wager, even though the Oil hadn't been playing well enough to beat the Stockton Thunder let alone an actual NHL team.

Why would we do it? To separate the men from the boys, we suppose. Just like when one of your buddies starts running his mouth about how many goals Ryan Smyth will score vs Joffrey Lupul a few seasons back. You bet him $50 on the matter because you are a MAN.*

So all you pensblog fans and the writers themselves can know this. Sure "anyone can start a blog" and any jackass can go around calling people names and being so cute. But when push came to shove and someone asked you to put a teeny tiny little bit of money where your mouth is what do we get?

Dead silence.

So when the Oil beat the Pens on Thursday we can celebrate in the OilersNation with a clear conscience. If they should happen to lose (unlikely) all the people that stood with their mighty pensblog can revel in the fact that they are associated with complete... Well...

Meow meow pensblog. You know what you are.

*True story, you still owe me that money Foote.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Fiveandagame
November 03 2008, 11:35AM

MEOW MEOW!

#2 New Guy
November 03 2008, 11:45AM

NATION GEAR COMING DEC 2008?????

Meow meow LOL

#3 BUCK75
November 03 2008, 12:00PM

Nice - I would like to put my name on some Nation gear as well. Those guys at the pensblog should take that bet, after all they would only have to spend like $10 yankee buck to get couple of shirts with exchange now...but they would probably have to skip their interest only mortgage payment to do so.

I am collecting beer bottles from the side of highway 13 right now...

#4 MJ
November 03 2008, 12:05PM

They would have matched your wager, but they already spent their allowance this week. And mommy is not giving an advance again.

#5 jayoilfan
November 03 2008, 12:25PM

Oilers nation shirts, I gotta get me one, just in time for Christmas right?

You know, Oil kills Penguins. Nasty stuff for them...

Buck75, Highway 13! man do I have good memories of that road. Wetaskiwin to Camrose to Killam ... ahh, the road trips, fun times fellow nation member.

Incidentally, how do we prove we are a member of ON? I faithfully read every blog but rarely comment...

#6 baggedmilk
November 03 2008, 12:34PM

I will second that this is a true story. Wanye told me about it and much to my dismay the babies at thepensblog didn't not want any of it. Embarrassing really.

#7 Antony Ta
November 03 2008, 12:34PM

NationGear > PensBlog merchandise

#8 Antony Ta
November 03 2008, 12:35PM

yes, jean shorts was quite the lone ranger in a sea of angry pensblog DB's

#9 tricksnard
November 03 2008, 01:07PM

That's weak... A bet would have been fun.

On the bright side, tshirts, hell yes!

#10 The Towel Boy
November 03 2008, 01:37PM

I saw a "Justice League" t-shirt in the mall the other day. I chuckled to myself.

#11 thepensblog
November 03 2008, 01:45PM

We'd love to do the bet, we never got this so-called email though.

-Derek

#12 BUCK75
November 03 2008, 01:56PM

We’d love to do the bet, we never got this so-called email though. -Derek

You still read this without African-Americans and Asians in the banner?

Hypocrite...

Have fun watching your boy Goddard getting mopped up by a on Thursday.

#13 tricksnard
November 03 2008, 02:09PM

It's not too late, "BlogWars 2008" can still be a reality! :)

#14 freeze
November 03 2008, 02:14PM

this is all very exciting, good show.

#15 baggedmilk
November 03 2008, 02:18PM

I tried to start blogwars but they're not really that clever at thepensblog and it was far too easy. Burns about Mounties and our health care system were really lame and over done.

#16 DJ Spyn Cycle
November 03 2008, 02:23PM

I'd prefer if our healthcare was actually delivered by Mounties. On horseback.

But, lambs, Derek has accepted the bet! It's now, officially, on. Thursday night will determine the best team in the NHL: The Oil or the Pens. Well, the best team in the NHL according to me. And let's face it, whatever the outcome, I'll always back the Oil.

It's on D-rock!

#17 jeanshorts
November 03 2008, 02:25PM

But they did call us gay a bunch of times. So that has to count for something right?

#18 The Towel Boy
November 03 2008, 02:26PM

Ohhhh man! GOILERS!

#19 tricksnard
November 03 2008, 02:55PM

GOILERS!

I say we add a 'logo + blog link on the front page' stipulation for extra shits and giggles.

#20 BUCK75
November 03 2008, 02:57PM

Eric Cole on Jim Rome today...

enjoy, I just wasted 2 hours at work doing this...

#21 jdrevenge
November 03 2008, 03:08PM

o man that really burns my biscuits. Whats up with the "Canada is responsible for Nickleback" shit? They didnt once tell all those ignant yanks where Lover Boy was from?

#22 Jerry MacWire
November 03 2008, 03:11PM

I am gonna get on the horn to MacT. If anyone can motivate the troops for a win, that's the dude. -30-

#23 Ali Quippa
November 03 2008, 03:42PM

#24 DJ Spyn Cycle
November 03 2008, 03:45PM

Oooooooh... Ali, that trash talk won't go unnoticed.

I expect after Thursday you will begrudgingly wear a hand-made "oilers rule" name tag the whole day with that kind of talk!

#25 Robert
November 03 2008, 03:48PM

Ali said.. "Oh sorry. I stopped by and was looking for a well-written blog and Oilers fans and see I have found neither. Go Pens!"

That would have been funnier if you said...

"a well written blog about a hockey team and I have found neither"

#26 The Towel Boy
November 03 2008, 04:00PM

Ali Quippa....you so funny.

#27 akus
November 03 2008, 04:13PM

Maybe the bet should have been bagged milk, at least that is available before December 2008.

#28 Pensblog
November 03 2008, 04:23PM

Tell Wanye we take the bet. We didn’t even get an e-mail. thepensblog@gmail.com. Actually e-mail us this time.

#29 baggedmilk
November 03 2008, 04:26PM

Believe me I am no prize. Once I get in your house and won't leave you'd have to reconsider I assure you.

#30 DJ Spyn Cycle
November 03 2008, 04:27PM

Pensblog boys: I've emailed Wanye (currently touring the countryside for some unknown reason). I've told him it's time for me to show him how to use email as well. It's a life skill, like juggling.

#31 akus
November 03 2008, 04:37PM

So what we have here is........

Pensblog T-s>> I.O.U' T's??

I think those IOU's should compound interest!!

--- Who is this Goddard that you speak of? He must be a mop salesman. or a member of M.O.P

Go Pens.

#32 akus
November 03 2008, 04:53PM

Sorry baggedmilk,didn't mean the one half of the tag team , jeanshorts and baggedmilk.

I meant bagged milk. Something us ignant yanks do not have.

So who wants to wear Charlie on their manly chest?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

#33 Smokin' Ray Burnt
November 03 2008, 05:53PM

akus Says: November 3rd, 2008 at 4:37 pm So what we have here is……..

Pensblog T-s>> I.O.U’ T’s??

I think those IOU’s should compound interest!!

— Who is this Goddard that you speak of? He must be a mop salesman. or a member of M.O.P

Go Pens.

Umm Excuse me.

Can you translate this for me? I only speak english.

#34 jeanshorts
November 03 2008, 06:18PM

Sorry akus, I couldn't hear you over the sound MacIntyre smashing Goddard's orbital bone into the back of his skull.

#35 Fiveandagame
November 03 2008, 10:21PM

What Crosby will look like after Thursday's tilt.

#36 Fiveandagame
November 03 2008, 10:31PM

The one thing the Penguin team has is a lot of love for each other....a lot of love......

#37 adam
November 04 2008, 01:55AM

the pensblog is a joke... what an amateurish, crap-looking site.

i highly doubt they can boast the writing staff like the nation has got. even their 'funny' images are below par for a homebrew blog.

i really hope the oil win against the pens, though i doubt this very much as the team will probably coast the next couple of games on the heels of their recent victories.

#38 BUCK75
November 04 2008, 07:28AM

In a cringe-worthy segue from one of the most solid human beings in America to a blogwar being battled between dudes on opposites sides of the continent, we have some interesting news. We know the Blogger/MSM stuff was good for a day, then it's whatev. But now if you want to get up a little more for the Oilers game on Thursday, here's your chance. OILERSNATION invited us to partake in a wager. The loser of Thursday's game has to buy two shirts from the other blog's "store." What's better is that those shirts will then be handed out to people from the winning blog. So if the Pens win, OILERS NATION will buy two shirts from us. They'll give them to us to give away. We will try to come up with a contest that isn't a joke. This pretty much will be the culmination of the saga with OILERS NATION. Until the Pens trade Jordan Staal to Edmonton for Grant Fuhr.

Sounds like sour grapes from a bunch of jerk-offs who close their site down because of smack talk.

I would take that trade - Cocoa for JStaal is a a steal. We will throw in the goat too.

#39 BUCK75
November 04 2008, 07:29AM

PS - Go out & vote in your new socialist president - America will be out of debt sometime in the next million years.

#40 Malkamania 71
November 04 2008, 07:50AM

OIL is goin DOWN! Brooks Orpik's gonna be handing out some free candy to you pansys and Bing is gonna bury it!!!!

LETS GO PENS! LETS GO PENS! LETS GO PENS!

Mike Lange 4 Prez!

#41 BUCK75
November 04 2008, 08:04AM

Mike Lange has nothing on Bobby Clobber, or for that fact our Hall of Fame play-by-play man Rod Phillips.

Loser - go elect Ron Paul - make democracy work.

#42 Ender the Dragon
November 04 2008, 08:06AM

Fiveandagame; your Sidney pic . . . priceless. Good job.

#43 Malkamania 71
November 04 2008, 08:14AM

HA JOKES ON YOU Democracy doesn't work!! LMAO! and as for your Mike Lange comment Nobody has the announcing style that he has NOONE! tune him in on WXDX.COM baby all you'll be hearing is "HEEEEEE SHOOTS AND SCORES!" "Slap me silly Sidney!"

#44 BUCK75
November 04 2008, 08:23AM

Democracy doesn’t work

The only reason that democracy DOESN'T work in the US is that all of the unemployed auto workers in OHIO who want a welfare cheque WILL get to decide that you get a socialist president...

Have fun with higher taxes & more social programs - joke is on you.

#45 jeanshorts
November 04 2008, 08:58AM

"Scratch my back with a chainsaw!"

I'm not going to lie, Rod the Bod is a badass, but that's pretty hard to top.

#46 Malkamania 71
November 04 2008, 12:44PM

Hey Its not my fault that our government sucks...if it were my choice I would be living in Canada! (I'd still be a Pens fan tho)...oh and its Checks here not Cheque :-P

#47 milli
November 05 2008, 11:00AM

hahah, this is great. And, for the record, I'm with Semin on that Crosby dude.....guys way way over hyped, just like Pittsburg's tourism industry!!!!

#48 Ali Quippa