At a loss for words...

Wanye
April 02 2008 09:29AM

sad.jpg

We’re sure that in the days, weeks and months to come we’ll find silver linings to discuss. Rookies, powerplay, Glencross blah blah blah. But to be honest, Nation, we just don’t have it in us today. All three Calgary goals were such crap. Owen Nolan is lucky he didn’t die of old age during the third period, and that gift goal that put away the win was one of the most heartbreaking goals we’ve seen in a long time.

So help your ol’ pal Wanye out. Tell us your thoughts on the crushing defeat.

We’re going to hide under a pile of coats, but will be checking the site lots to see if anyone has anything interesting to say.

The Honourable W Gretz III

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Teddy
April 02 2008, 09:48AM

Is there room under that pile of coats for me Wanye?

#2 cgrey
April 02 2008, 09:52AM

will be another long summer. but i haven't been feeling this optimistic about a new season in a long time.

#3 Aaron
April 02 2008, 09:53AM

Take solace in the fact the Flames will make another 1st round exit. Was at the game and I concur that all three goals by the Flames were of the 'sh!t' variety (especially the first 2).

Their defence is slow (Aucoin/Sarich are brutal), the don't create enough offence other than lucky bounces.

Fear not! The mighty Oil is on the right path!

#4 Oilersninja
April 02 2008, 10:10AM

Well as I set in my cubicle with my head on my desk I begin to think:

-Man I am sad the Oil lost last night -Man that was an energetic past month of hockey we had (felt almost like the early rouonds of the 05/06 cup run) - Man I should have taken a run at Deb from HR at our work xmas party. -Man I cant wait to see how on fire we come out of the gates next season. -Man do the flames suck with their garbage goals and lack of finesse. _Man does Kristian Huselius look like a bird

I guess I am sad, but excited for next year. Good effort boys!!! Thank you

Hoot Hoot

Kristian?

#5 Rev
April 02 2008, 10:53AM

Let's hope they derail the Canucks tomorrow. We do not deserve to suffer alone....

#6 1011011
April 02 2008, 12:16PM

I agree with Aaron. Things are going to be awesome next year. I can't wait to see you guys rip on everyone some more in the new season!

I love this site!!!

#7 charlie
April 02 2008, 02:58PM

I just want to say that I f'n love the Oilers.

If the Shames lost their star forward, d, and starting goalie (aka instead of Horcs, Shelly, and Mat, it was Iginla, Phagoof, and Kipper) they would be chasing LA for Stamkos.

#8 TonyRomo
April 02 2008, 04:26PM

This is a good hockey team any way you slice it. They are the second best team in the league for the past 6 weeks.

#9 milli
April 02 2008, 06:03PM

Man did that suck.....But today all of my OILERS flags still fly with pride. I thought for sure the gods where on our side, we'd overcome so much, and then it was over. Well, the bar is set pretty high for next season and that'll make this summer a hell of a lot more enjoyable than last. I'm here in Golden BC, sandwiched between Calgary and Vancouver, loving it, finally knowing we have more talent, more heart, more passion on one line than they have on both there teams combined!!!!! So, any OILERS fan or player, stop in at RACE TRAC GAS, I'll buy you a coffee and we'll talk about how bright the future has become. ps. you can't miss it, it's the one with all the OILERS FLAGS!!!!

#10 fyvmvv
April 03 2008, 03:49PM

What is a little different this year is the way the team has carried itself over the last 30-35 games. What I would like to see come to an end is having our playoffs during the last 15 games of the regular season. It has been inspiring to say the least to see these guys do what they have and how they have done it. How the heck have guys like Glencross and Brodziak remained under the NHL's radar? I agree with a previous poster who asked, "what kind of a stable of hockey flesh would we have here if the Oil management could pick in the 1st round the way they have in the 5th?