Featured Citizen: Milli from Golden, BC

bingofuel
April 04 2008 09:00AM

oilers-006.jpg

One of our most loyal readers and commenters is a man named Milli. Milli lives and works in Golden BC, at the Race Trac Gas Station, and in the comments of this post a few days ago had this to say:

"Today all of my OILERS flags still fly with pride. I thought for sure the gods where on our side. We’d overcome so much, and then it was over. Well, the bar is set pretty high for next season and that’ll make this summer a hell of a lot more enjoyable than last. I’m here in Golden BC, sandwiched between Calgary and Vancouver, loving it, finally knowing we have more talent, more heart, more passion on one line than they [Calgary & Vancouver] have on both there teams combined!!!!! So any OILERS fan or player, stop in at RACE TRAC GAS, I’ll buy you a coffee and we’ll talk about how bright the future has become. ps: you can’t miss it, it’s the one with all the OILERS FLAGS!!!!"

We decided to get in touch with Milli via e-mail to see how he's doing. Some of the Nation crew are going skiing in Kicking Horse this weekend, and our schedule is such that we won't make it down to the gas station for that promised cup of coffee, but Milli's invitation stands for whenever. Here's his response to our e-mail:

"Awesome man, here are some pics for you, love the site. Have a great weekend skiing... Hope there is some good spring snow as it is supposed to warm up. And here's hoping to knocking the 'Nucks out tonight [and knock 'em out we did, Milli]. It sucks, but it'll do as a consolation prize this year. When you're through next, stop in for a brew!!!! Thanks for the plug. If God Had A Team, It'd Be The OILERS!!!!"

oilers-011.jpg

Here's to you, Milli, on behalf of all the folks here at HQ. God's team has time to regroup and tackle the league next season. And tackle it they will.

"Featured Citizen" is a semi-regular feature of the OilersNation. If you're an Oilers fan residing outside of Edmonton, send some pictures and your story to oilersnation@gmail.com . We'll profile you right here for the entire Nation of fans to see.

243fa199ff6efc362bf29a17e950b47e
Bingofuel is the handsome cyborg who pulls all the levers behind the curtains of the OilersNation. When he isn't running the site, he's plugged into a wall socket, recharging. Or Brownlee and Wanye are playing "keep away" with him. He gets little to no respect.
#1 TonyRomo
April 04 2008, 09:14AM

Good for him. Way to keep the spirit alive.

#2 TerryF
April 04 2008, 09:23AM

I have seen this flag outside of the station in Golden many a time and wondered about it. Cool!

#3 1011011
April 04 2008, 11:21AM

I will drive all the way out to Golden now for all of my petroleum needs. Lets see, thats a six hour drive, times it by 4 tanks of gas.

yup! I will spend 4 tanks of gas to get 1 tank of gas from a Pro Oilers gas station. THAT is my level of dediciation to this team

#4 Wanye Gretz
April 04 2008, 01:25PM

Good on you Milli! We should name you an Official Embassy Of The OilersNation. People can come to you if they need passports or protection from the local authorities.

#5 Oilersninja
April 04 2008, 01:52PM

Milli I resoect your Loilty to the team. And for that I will buy you a coffee when I stop by for a visit.

Good on you sir.

If you ever decide to run for Mayor of Golden I will purchase voting rights for which i will cast in your name.

Mayor Milli in 2010

#6 milli
April 04 2008, 04:57PM

Thanks alot!!!! Man am I having fun with the Nuckle heads today, WAY TO GO OILERS!!!! Milli Ps. Oh ya, at my store, coffee usually means ICE COLD CANADIAN>

#7 Muller
April 04 2008, 11:14PM

I tip my hat to you Milli. As another Oiler fan living in B.C.{Terrace} today was good day indeed.

#8 wanyerocks
April 05 2008, 08:29PM

Milli, you are a beauty!!! keep on keepin' on!!!