'Blogroll? Huh?'

bingofuel
June 12 2008 11:13AM

blognerd.jpg

I’ve alluded to this in previous comments sections, but a blogroll for this site is forthcoming once our new design is completed. For now, just because we don’t have a blogroll doesn’t mean we aren’t reading other sites (to put it another way, we’re fans of quite a few Oilers bloggers).

Since things are more or less quite on the Western Conference, and other, fronts, at least for the next few days, I thought I’d round-up a few choice cuts from the Oilers blogging world. And yes, I’m borrowing this from Cult of Hockey blogger David Staples. David, if this troubles you, I can forward you the number for my attourney.

Outta nowhere

I’m not sure where he came from, but Jonathan over at The Copper & Blue is easily one of best bloggers out there: great analysis, topical posts and excellent, concise writing. Check out one of J’s more recent posts in defence of Raffi Torres.

Working for the Man

The title you see above is completely in jest. Cult of Hockey blogger and journalist David Staples takes more than his share of shit from a small minority of other Oilers bloggers. Wanye and I had the chance to meet up with him for lunch awhile ago, and David is anything but the "MSM enemy" some make him out to be. David’s coverage of the CBC HNIC gaffe was good, and his perspective refreshing. He managed to change my mind on the CBC’s position, that for sure.

The turning tide

Lowetide is easily the most prolific blogger in the ‘sphere. This guy writes at least daily, and he’s always got great analysis. I liked his post on Kevin Lowe’s summer road maps from 2007 and this year (and thanks for quoting Robin Brownlee in there, Lowetide).

These are three blogs that linked to us without even being asked. The Nation really appreciates the props and hits being sent our way. We read lots of other blogs, but these are among our favourites.

Stay tuned for a site relaunch soon! And, as always, more hilarious content from Wanye when he gets back from his conquests in DC...

243fa199ff6efc362bf29a17e950b47e
Bingofuel is the handsome cyborg who pulls all the levers behind the curtains of the OilersNation. When he isn't running the site, he's plugged into a wall socket, recharging. Or Brownlee and Wanye are playing "keep away" with him. He gets little to no respect.
#1 RobinB
June 12 2008, 04:14PM

BJSpynCycle: Lowetide is easily the most prolific blogger out there? Did he post 34 items in three weeks in April before you explained it actually had to be good stuff? Nooooooooooooo. Jackass.

#2 DJ Spyn Cycle
June 12 2008, 04:16PM

Sorry, I should have clarified that "prolific" was loaded with the assumption that the posts "add value," but I think you caught that. Also, I'm going to go ahead and assume that you typed BJ instead of DJ on purpose. Which makes you my co-jackass.

Sucks being associated with the likes of Wanye and I, don't it?

#3 Rick
June 12 2008, 04:26PM

Robin: There is an old proverb that goes something like;

If no one read a blog did it actually get written?

#4 RobinB
June 12 2008, 04:47PM

Rick101: I get more traffic than most bloggers out there if I even fart in the direction of my keyboard. You'll have to hit closer to home, like bringing up my brilliant decision to leave the Journal for the Sun in 2000, if you want to leave a mark.

#5 Rick
June 12 2008, 06:22PM

If farting is enough to generate traffic you clearly brought the Sun demographic over to the blog with you.

#6 fyvmvv
June 13 2008, 03:36PM

R.B- Recently on the Spin, I believe it was Al Strachan was saying that in an upcoming league meeting Bettman is headed for some choppy waters. He has the NHL have's and have-not's on his case over the growing salary cap and other issues. The bottom end is apparently now $40 mil and the top is $56 mil and change.

They cited John Ziegler's demise as somewhat the same scenario where all factions got fed up with him Any thoughts on his possible life span?

#7 RobinB
June 13 2008, 06:27PM

fyv: The floor is now higher than the cap was when we came out of the lockout. Is that growth the NHL can sustain? I don't think so. There are questions -- or choppy waters -- ahead.