"????????"???????? ???????? ? ???????? ?????

Wanye
July 04 2008 08:58AM

jagr_returns.jpg

Yes, yes you read the title right Lambs. Jaromir Jagr has signed with Avangard-Omsk, a two year deal worth as much as $35 million dollars. Either that, or orders for Soviet Iron have been totaled at $35 Million over the next 2 years, and the Russian Government announced the news through the Avangard-Omsk website. The Russian Language is a finicky mistress.

Bah, who cares. As much as it would have been intersting to watch Jagr suit up for the Oil, he is old as hell. The Oil might as well sign Kevin Stevens to a 2 year deal while we are at it. Jagr played in Avangard-Omsk during the lockout and must have liked something about the long nights and the bulletproof cars. You remember the NHL lockout right? The year of hockey we all lost so that salaries wouldn't spiral out of control?

You remember don't you Jeff Finger? How much do you make again?

Sweet.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Tony Romo
July 04 2008, 09:44AM

I don't really care that he didn't sign here. I think it would have been little more than a publicity stunt, and an experiment to see if he is capable of growing that lame playoff moustache again.

#2 Brian Fellows
July 04 2008, 09:54AM

I think that Jags knew he has about 2 or 3 years left and just wanted to collect the cheque. And fair enough, he has been underpaid for so long.

HAAHAHAHAHA

#3 1011011
July 04 2008, 10:56AM

Good riddance to another free agent bullet the team has dodged. Imagine what a crap team the Oilers would be if Vanek, Nylander or Jagr had actually taken the bait and signed here?

We get it Lowe. You are one of the richest GMs in the league now. Take it easy, don't waste your dough Glen Sather Jr.

#4 AndrewB
July 04 2008, 01:37PM

I disagree, A top 6 consisting of Nylander Horcoff Vanek Hemsky Jagr Cole is pretty strong.

All that being said, I am not surprised, that after the Rangers sent him packing, that he went back to Russia, that's alot of money to be leaving on the table.

#5 Jonathan
July 04 2008, 03:39PM

Russian is such a pretty language.

And thank God we have the salary cap to keep spending controlled.

#6 Milli