Another Sign of the Apocolypse: Comrie to marry Duff?

Wanye
August 18 2008 03:49PM

Great Odin's beard! Sweet hammer of Thor! Someone please tell us that this isn't true. Perezhilton.com is reporting that Hillary Duff was sporting some finger bling-er outside some restaurant recently, and that a little fella—you know, the guy who no one will sign to a multi-year deal—was walking behind looking pleased as punch.

Is Aaron Carter completely out of chances? Isn't there anyone who can stop this marriage between good and evil? Can't someone introduce her to Sam Gagner? He is more her age, and sweet as maple syrup. If Comrie marries Hillary Duff, there is only one thing we can do: train an army of Orc warriors to defend society from the forces of evil, who clearly seem to be winning—particularly with Project GANHLPTBAWHC, or Get Annoying NHL Players To Bed and Wed Hot Celebs.

These Orcs will be put through the rigors of complete martial arts and small munitions training deep deep below the North Saskatchewan River. And then, when the time is right, we will release them where they’ll fly in a direct line towards the wedding as they go down, slaughtering the groom upon landing. Then they will bring the now-saved Duff back to Edmonton, where we will auction her off to you—the good readers of the Nation.

Proceeds shall go to the Stollery, and the Orcs will return to their underground training complex until needed again.

Still, its better than this, we suppose.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 1011011
August 18 2008, 04:53PM

WHAT??

#2 Greg MC
August 18 2008, 05:08PM

Relax Wayne, it is just a corporate merger between The Brick and Hillary Duff Inc.

#3 C-Bass
August 18 2008, 05:16PM

Nice outfit clown-rie

#4 mjsh
August 18 2008, 08:59PM

Good for little Mikey. I think Edmontonians are far too hard on him. Yes, he and K-Lowe had their differences and he left town. His father was an Oil King and has made many great contributions to the city. I watched Comrie in St. Albert as well as with the Oilers and give him great credit for what he has accomplished with such a small stature. Lets boo Pronger but not Comrie.!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Q
August 19 2008, 01:50AM

clown-rie? really?

#6 DJ Spyn Cycle
August 19 2008, 08:17AM

There HAS to be a better name than "clown-rie." Anyone?

#7 count on it
August 19 2008, 09:03AM

I can't believe Edmontonians on this. You crapped all over Comrie when he couldn't fill the void left by Weight and so he moved on. The way he was treated (from the outside looking in) ranked as one of the low (Lowe?) points in Oilers history. So he wasn't the next great leader for the team, the continual bombardment makes us look really petty.

#8 Trevor Teed
August 19 2008, 12:30PM

Personally, I enjoyed Comrie with the OILERS. I believe he would have been a better player had he remained. I'm not sure what happened but it's too bad.

I hope he is happy with his ne life.

#9 OregonStateFan
August 19 2008, 12:46PM

I can still remember little Mikey sitting beside Paul in my Sunday school, or scrimmaging at the neighbourhood rink.

She's too good for him, but good on him for making the catch. Congratulations Mikey!

#10 OilDude
August 20 2008, 04:56PM

jesus learn how to dress Comrie you look like a goof. nice receeding hairline or is that extra face to wash

#11 doritogrande
August 20 2008, 10:24PM

"There HAS to be a better name than “clown-rie.” Anyone?"

I'd personally go with douchebag, but that's just me.

In regards to the Sam Gagner comment, I disagree. Robert Nilsson's got the same fashion sense as Ms. Duff. Maybe she'd like to go back to Stockholm in the off-season and brush up on her hot-swedish maid routine?

And besides, Andrew's more her age than Samwise.

#12 jeff
August 21 2008, 12:35PM

Why do Oiler fans hate Comrie?

Something to do with cocaine party's, Tommy Salo's wife, and an attitude problem. If Comrie could have kept his junk to himself instead of putting it in Salo's wife, he likely would have been around a little longer. But alas, he's a slut, and him and Salo got shipped off to different places....problem solved!

#13 Amber McCormick
August 21 2008, 08:56PM

Jeff, in all fairness, who *hasn't* stuck it Mrs. Salo?

#14 jeanshorts
October 08 2009, 05:42PM

Oh man, can you guys imagine what it would be like if Comrie ever returned to the Oilers? I bet hell would freeze over and fans would boycott the franchise! It's not like he would get 8 points in 4 pre season games, get into a scrap, and have 17,000 people cheering his name.......

*returns to the future in a puff of smoke*