Research that sets us apart...

bingofuel
August 04 2008 10:14AM

In order to better understand the Man We Are Now Calling Tambo (apparently), I’ve gone out and done some critical research.

It would appear the Mighty Oil’s new GM has a celebrity doppelgänger, one some of you may recognize. Think back to the late ‘90s, when Katie Holmes wasn’t a brainwashed husk of her former self. Think back to songs like “I Don’t Want To Wait” by Dido. Think back to Dawson’s Creek.

Yes, lambs, it would seem that Steve Tambellini shares his rugged good looks with some baby-faced punk from a now-forgotten TV show. We were able to determine this scientifically, using the link to the first Google search result for “who do i look like?” Steve Tambellini is the visual equivalent of Joshua Jackson (Pacey Witter to you shameful fools who watched Dawson’s Creek), a Vancouver-born actor who got his start hawking Keebler’s potato chips on TV.

But what does this mean for Oil fans? It could mean nothing. Or it could mean we’re in for a bumpy season, as each and every original Dawson’s Creek cast member is body-checked into oblivion. Repeatedly. While Dido weeps in the audience. That, my friends, is justice.

243fa199ff6efc362bf29a17e950b47e
Bingofuel is the handsome cyborg who pulls all the levers behind the curtains of the OilersNation. When he isn't running the site, he's plugged into a wall socket, recharging. Or Brownlee and Wanye are playing "keep away" with him. He gets little to no respect.
#1 Ted Saskin
August 04 2008, 11:30AM

Don't you have anything better to do or are you just looking for hits?

#2 James
August 04 2008, 01:00PM

Shows you how desperate we are for any off-season news when I waste my time with an article like this. I'm happy to admit that I've never seen an episode of Dawson's Creek and less happy to admit that I've spent a lot of time in Dawson Creek the place....what a crap hole.

#3 DJ Spyn Cycle
August 04 2008, 01:21PM

@ Ted

Hey man, you should know if you've read the Nation for any length of time that sometimes we post stuff like this. In fact, we often post stuff like this. Don't like it? There's an entire internet expanse out there for you to become frustrated by.

@ James

I once had to sit through an episode of Dawson's Creek. It was for an ex-girl friend. It didn't end up scoring me any points, and now I'll never have that time back.

#4 RobinB
August 04 2008, 03:10PM

DJ: For crying out loud, a guy gets laid up in a car wreck and he's got to read insipid hog stool like this? "WE'RE going to call him Tambo. WE'RE going to give him a nickname." Tambellini's been "Tambi" since before he broke into the NHL, so let's cut all the "Tambo" and "T-Bell" stuff. If all else fails, you can call him Mr. Tambellini just before he mows you down at the entrance to the Rexall Place parking lot when you jump in front of his Navigator looking for an autograph. And I look more like Tambi than Joshua Jackson, whoever the hell that is. Have him come to the entrance of the A lot as well.

#5 Travis Dakin
August 04 2008, 04:41PM

I don't know what is worse.... This article or me actually pointing out that it was Paula Cole who sang that song. Ok, that was worse.

Car wreck? You ok Robin?

#6 DJ Spyn Cycle
August 04 2008, 04:46PM

Travis, I think I can say with some certainty that your pointing out that Paula Cole does the song is MUCH worse than the article.

#7 Unknown Author
August 04 2008, 05:13PM

I’m happy to admit that I’ve never seen an episode of Dawson’s Creek and less happy to admit that I’ve spent a lot of time in Dawson Creek the place….what a crap hole.

Agreed. It certainly doesn't compare to the oasis that is Fort St. John ;)

For crying out loud, a guy gets laid up in a car wreck and he’s got to read insipid hog stool like this?

I'll second the "you OK, Robin?" question.

#8 k
August 04 2008, 06:24PM

whats worse is they are vancouver fans up here... i live near by.

Thanks for the article DJ, i'd rather read this then sit around waiting for the score of the first game. I for one am not PMSing and enjoy the humor. Love the site

#9 RobinB
August 04 2008, 07:35PM

Travis/Anon: Thanks for asking. It'll take some time before my wife and I are OK again, but we'll get there. I'm back writing a bit and doing some radio. I'd feel better if she did.

#10 Ted Saskin
August 05 2008, 01:37AM

Hey RobinB, sorry man I didn't know. Hope all is well.

#11 Eugene Monias
August 05 2008, 01:38AM

I read this and the comments are better than the article.

#12 Nick
August 05 2008, 07:57AM

I think he looks more like TIM ALLEN.