OilersNation signs Jason 'The Truth' Gregor

Wanye
September 12 2008 03:01PM

The funny thing about the internet is that you never know who’s reading your site. One day it’s the Pope, the next day it’s the Pope’s brother Gary. Hopefully it’s never the legal department of the NHL right? Ha ha ha...

*nervous cough*

Anyways, we were contacted awhile back by one Jason Gregor who basically told us, “I like your site, but other than Brownlee everyone there is garbage.” Now bear in mind that this was before Lowetide and Willis joined—so basically he was dissing yours truly.

Easily the most photographed member of the Edmonton sports media community, his words stung. But as a direct descendant of the 15th Archduke of Austria-Hungary, we don’t care much about what anyone thinks. Still, it did lead to a conversation and handing Gregor off to the ONPDD (OilersNation Personnel Development Department™) here at the OilersNation World Headquarters™.

From what we’ve been told, approximately 300 meetings ensued and one of the tensest negotiations of all time was conducted. We had one thing working for us: we are on the internet and we told Gregor we receive approximately 30 million hits per day.

*nervous cough*

Gregor had one thing working for him: being the host of the biggest sports radio show in Edmonton.

So it was basically a tie.

*nervous cough*

Gregor is in Atlantic City for the HDNet Fights but luckily sent us this before our self imposed 3 PM deadline:

I started reading this site when it first started and let’s be honest, it was junk. But it has come a long way since and I think that this site is the future. This isn't some blog - it's a hockey website and these guys have a lot more coming soon. I am very happy to be joining the Nation team and I’m looking forward to bringing lots of hockey coverage to the table in the years to come. I’m also looking forward to putting this idiot “Wanye Gretz” in his place. I can tell that Brownlee has had his hands full here holding back all of the rumours and speculation that go around on the internet but the cavalry has now arrived. I am going to start off the season on Sunday when I will be covering the Oilers Rookie Game for the Nation. Until then, it’s fight night here in Atlantic City. DING DING! —Gregor

And this won't be radio Jason Gregor either. This is unedited and non CRTC regulated internet Gregor.

The team is now complete.

Love, Baron Wanye von Gretz VIII, MD

—Wanye Gretz was in charge of the Nation from 230-3 PM today and it didn't crash. He be reached at wanyegretz@gmail.com.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Fiveandagame
September 12 2008, 03:06PM

//We had one thing working for us: we are on the internet//

YOU GUYS ARE ON THE INTERNET NOW! wow!

Nice addition OILERNATION TEAM!

Now post some sexy pics of your female blogger and someone other than the lonely and unemployable might visit the site.

#2 Moony
September 12 2008, 03:07PM

WOW!!! That is awesome! I listen to Gregor almost everyday and I have to say this is a very good pick-up for the Oilers' nation.

#3 Unleaded
September 12 2008, 03:08PM

I still think you need to go out and sign Matt Greene.

#4 Jonathan
September 12 2008, 03:24PM

I still think you need to go out and sign Matt Greene.

Unfortunately, with both Matt Greene and Marty Reasoner playing for the opposition (lousy opposition, but still), their comedic stylings fall outside the self-imposed boundaries of ON.

#5 Oilersninja
September 12 2008, 03:34PM

Well done nation!! I think Gregor will be great !!!!

I enjoy is views on hockey, lacrosse, football, dog fighting and female water polo.

Wayne you are in trouble you have the powers of Gregor and Brownlee fighting against you. Now all they need is wind and they will summon Captain Power...then you definitly hooped

#6 triscksnard
September 12 2008, 03:37PM

Another great pickup guys... Lowe would be proud.

#7 socaldave
September 12 2008, 03:49PM

wowzers... Gretz, the next MOTU?? well done, lads!

#8 The Towel Boy
September 12 2008, 03:56PM

clap - clap - clap

Good form.

#9 Ed
September 12 2008, 04:05PM

Wow. Good work fellas!!!!!!!!

Socialdave -

What is an MOTU?

Does it mean Mother of Three Unicorns? I bet it is.....

#10 bebop
September 12 2008, 05:49PM

MOTU = Master of the Universe = K Lowe

#11 charlie
September 12 2008, 06:15PM

...Ok, this is pretty sweet,but boys I gotta be honest. A lot of the appeal for this site (as a guy who's been checking this site since it was just a coming soon icon) is that it's entertaining, not just informative.

with all of the 'legitimate' talent you boys are bringing in, PLEASE don't get too serious.

Sincerely,

Charlie and Dr. Randy Gregg

#12 Joe
September 12 2008, 06:52PM

Well, with the recent pickups, I can say that you've earned a place in my bookmark toolbar.

Well played Oilersnation

#13 Hanson#4
September 12 2008, 08:27PM

Thanks ! Really great to have this forum for fans. Lots of insightful guys here and this Wayne Gretz guy too ! :)

#14 oilman
September 12 2008, 08:39PM

It's only a matter of time before Bryan Hall turns this place into a Tony Roma's ;o)

#15 Sean
September 12 2008, 08:56PM

Who?

Haha just kiddin but someone should really tell Gregor the Bears vs Oilers game is on Monday ;)

#16 Doufus
September 12 2008, 09:49PM

Sure, I look forward to reading Gregor on here. Unless, of course he is writing about MMA. Please, please, please Jason, I really think you are knowledgeable about hockey, football, etc. but in MMA you really show your lack of what is going on in the cage. Otherwise, I love ya bud.

#17 Fiveandagame
September 12 2008, 10:32PM

//It’s only a matter of time before Bryan Hall turns this place into a Tony Roma’s ;o)//

Oilman- you know what's really gross? Just picture Brian Hall wrist deep in a full order of baby backs...every time I hear those commercials it makes me want to projectile vomit on my radio.

Seniors eating ribs = gross

#18 Mr.Bugg
September 12 2008, 11:20PM

terrible...

Randy Gregg... Bugg... and you pick this guy? What the F Nation?

#19 Mr.Bugg
September 12 2008, 11:25PM

could we possibly get hotter girls on the the Nation banner?

Also, hurry up and get a message board already

#20 el_greato_hokey_fano
September 12 2008, 11:41PM

excellent, i can just almost read the rib sauce

#21 Hemmer
September 13 2008, 04:09AM

this is awesome. nice moves nation!

#22 BUCK75
September 13 2008, 08:26AM

Sean: Oilers vs Heartless Flames on Sunday in Camrose, Bears on Monday, Canucks on Tuesday in Camrose.

Great pick-up, now we need a new website with some padded bios of the personalties including fish wrap writer, local radio diva, oilfield instrument bitch, radio sales guy, everyday female fan with hair fetish, & decendant of Austrian Royalty/foot doctor.

#23 Mr.Bugg
September 13 2008, 04:06PM

This website is like the International House of Sausage.

I think we need more women up in here. Can i get a what? what?

#24 Wanye Gretz
September 13 2008, 05:58PM

What What!!

We have Amber don't we? She represents 100% of the females that come to the site I think. I hope that isn't the case. Wanye love the ladies.

#25 mAD~mOD
September 13 2008, 08:46PM

Gregor? meh, Since he took over the 3 till 6 I'm, listening to less and less 1260. I really hope he gets a full time MMA announcing gig soon and just goes away.

#26 Call me Bill
September 14 2008, 03:13AM

Mad Mod,

At some point you need to get over your man crush of Stauffer. I'd listened to his show for years and heard your emails praising everything he did. I guess you don't like Gregor because he doesn't beat the Oilers into our head when there is nothing to talk about. I never listened to him often at night due to my kids, but I think his show is great. I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings here and on the TEAM.

#27 coprnblue
September 14 2008, 10:55AM

So, when are you going to get Bob to join up?

#28 wildman134
September 16 2008, 10:46AM

I miss Bob beating the Oilers into our heads. However he has moved on.... any thoughts on creating a photo contest on hottest Oiler girl.. voting buttons and all.. decked out in copper and blue.

#29 mAD~mOD
September 22 2008, 09:45PM

Bill, not that I have a man crush on Bob. I have had a long time dislike for Gregor, I would have been happier if 1260 had put anyone but JG in the 3-6 slot. But they didn't and that's their option. Mine is not to listen.