Major news: OilersNation signs 'The Godfather of the Blogosphere'

Wanye
September 04 2008 02:29PM

We've said it many times in many different articles:

“We are not Lowetide, but here are some numbers…” “We don’t want to get all Lowetide on your behinds but…” “Sorry for the late post, we got into a knife fight. We were this close to losing, but fortunately Lowetide showed up with his karate skills. The thugs were dispatched in short order, and Lowetide was kind enough to carry us home on his muscle bound back.”

Yep, we aren’t Lowetide and we will never be. But you know who is Lowetide? Lowetide. And you know who has joined the OilersNation team?

Lowetide.

A man who has labeled four separate posts with reference to Grace Kelly in the past year. A man who once single handedly beat Big Blue –- that super smart computer -– in a best-of-seven chess match. A man so revered that he has been placed in charge of “all NHL history” for the coming 25 years on the entire internet.

Lowetide.

(cheers and applause)

What say you sir?

"I was approached by the men of OilersNation to write for their blog. I have been promised beer, women with legs to the sky and as much Elmer's glue as I require. Since those three items constitute most of my annual 'spending money' budget, it seemed like a no-brainer. They're also doing all the artwork, handling my legal problems and all of my relatives are going to their house for major holidays. I've never met the men of OilersNation and they have refused all of my reqests for any kind of meeting or any kind of contract agreement specifying my rights. This is going to turn out fine. -- Lowetide."

Discuss.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Mother Pucker
September 04 2008, 02:31PM

Very cool... will the original lowetide blog hang around, or will all efforts be focused here?

#2 DJ Spyn Cycle
September 04 2008, 02:33PM

@ Mother Pucker

We'll be transitioning Lowetide over the next few months. Once we have our new site version up around October, Lowetide will have his very own portal here at the Nation, from where he will post multitudinous baseball references. For now, Lowetide's home site will remain.

Enjoy!

#3 The Towel Boy
September 04 2008, 02:44PM

I NEED STATS! What does this all mean!? What are lowetide's EV/60? What's a Corsi!?

...but seriously...I read lowetide everyday...and days when there is no new post...I re-read the previous day's entry to try and comprehend.

Good form runners of Oilersnation....good form.

I welcome mr. lowetide graciously.

On a side note...my favorites list is slowly shrinking. You guys keep adding my regular oiler news/info/analysis sites. Keep it up!

#4 Ed
September 04 2008, 02:54PM

Wow! That's great news. I learned about lowtide through this site and I like his stuff. Good job

#5 Tony Romo
September 04 2008, 03:11PM

When do the Oilers get renamed the OilersNations?

#6 Joe
September 04 2008, 03:43PM

Awesome news! I read Lowetide every day too.

#7 RobinB
September 04 2008, 04:07PM

Lowetide: Welcome. It's comforting to know the 17-year-olds who run this site see some value in utilizing those of us, as Wanye would say, who are 105.

I look forward to your analysis of the 1979 playoffs. I still say Lafleur deserved the Conn Smyth, not Gainey. Let's do lunch -- it will be Wanye's treat.

#8 jayoilfan
September 04 2008, 04:11PM

Wow, one stop shopping for everything oilers, good. Hope the beer is good Alberta stuff, not that cheapo, waterdown american slop like coors or what ever.

I too, have been reading lowetide everday since I found it at the end of the last season.

#9 Tommy
September 04 2008, 04:15PM

I concur - my favourites list has been shrinking. Nice concept you have going on here - a far cry for when I came here to laugh at a picture of a fat girl going down a rollercoaster.

You remember the post.

#10 kish
September 04 2008, 04:18PM

rufkm? awesome.

#11 Doogie2K
September 04 2008, 06:17PM

While this is very interesting news, it distracts from the real question:

Who are the four jokers that voted Roloson? Seriously, people.

#12 PunjabiOil
September 04 2008, 06:36PM

Congrats to both parties. Hopefully Oilersnation becomes a money making machine, and Lowetide gets compensated for all the terrific hard work he's put in over the years.

#13 Hemmer
September 04 2008, 06:54PM

lean mean money makin' machine?

#14 Hanson#4
September 04 2008, 07:28PM

This is good news. I visit LT's site every day first thing over lunch break.

I actually found Oilersnation through HIS site !

#15 Showerhead
September 04 2008, 07:39PM

Dammit, why do I have to be THAT guy?

Oh well, here goes:

It was Deep Blue, IIRC, and not Big Blue who beat Kasparov in Chess.

That is all :)

-SH

PS: Women like me, I swear! I'm not nerdy, I'm just, um, cultured.

#16 PunjabiOil
September 04 2008, 07:41PM

So Lowetide is the Godfather of the Oilogosphere.

Robin Brownlee is the Scarface of the Oilogosphere.

What is Jonathan Willis?

#17 DJ Spyn Cycle
September 04 2008, 07:59PM

He's like the Tiny Tim of the Oilogosphere. He walks with a limp, but you know he'll get better if only that terrible Mr Scrooge (aka Wanye Gretz) will take him out from under his boot heel.

#18 DJ Spyn Cycle
September 04 2008, 08:01PM

PS: I love Jonathan Willis.

#19 IceDragoon
September 04 2008, 08:13PM

Good day.

Lain... you are one crazy... and you know I know. ;-D

Good on ya, pal. I don't know how much the world deserves you, but you certainly deserve all that the world has to offer.

Please, tell me that I didn't say this when you started your blog. So many neuropathways to search... and they're all old. ;-p

L8r Louise

#20 Chef Boyd
September 04 2008, 09:50PM

I don't have to spend hours searching the web reading my favourite blogs, cause now they are all here. Now I can spend more of my time with my loving wife. No really, thanks so much. Could you ask Mirtle to join so all my alone time is gone? Seriously you have a great site, and it just got better with Lowetide. I read his blog everyday after this one. Maybe you could also get Dr Gregg to contribute since he is so overwhelmingly popular on this site. Also when are you going to make t shirts with the nations logo?

#21 B.C.B.
September 04 2008, 09:52PM

I just hope the comments here stay as good as those on Lowetide's site.

The only thing that comes close to Lowetide's analysis is that of his intelligent and funny followers.

oh . . . and willis. (Oilers nation should be paying them EACH more the Brownlee)

#22 alittleoff plumbovich
September 04 2008, 10:21PM

Now I just need hot women that taste like beer!

#23 Robert
September 05 2008, 06:38AM

I am getting a bit concerned that there is going to be too much content now.

I was away for 15 hours and all of a sudden I'm 4 stories behind...

#24 jdrevenge
September 05 2008, 10:38AM

There goes Robin B offering off some of Waynes moo lah.

I tolds yous.

#25 Fiveandagame
September 05 2008, 02:07PM

Jonathan Willis is like that guy in any wicked heist movie that always knows what's happening, ALWAYS, and ALWAYS knows how to blow the bad guys up even when the loud mouthed courageous somewhat dimwitted star *cough waynegretz* cough** can't figure out what the hell is going on. Willis is how you say "The Brains".

Oh yeah and awesome that lowetide is here, cause he know his Sh*t. he's like the Gandolf of Oilersnation.