GDB 63: Oilers vs Preds

Jason Gregor
March 03 2009 04:01PM

predator

The only thing busier than the OilersNation as trade deadline approaches is me as I write a GDB while I do my show.  That damn Wanye, how can I do two things at once? Oh yeah, the the Oilers play the Predators tonight too.

Liam Reddox draws in on the 1st line and Penner is slotted on the 3rd line with Cogliano and Pisani. Wow this won’t upset the NATION in the least will it? I like Reddox’s energy, but unless he proves me wrong I just wonder why he is there.

It is interesting, though, that yesterday Steve Ludzik said in my show "Penner’s abilities don’t fit on the first line. He isn’t fast enough nor does he makes the quick little plays. He isn’t a fit on the first line.” But I will put it out to the Nation: is Reddox that much better? I guess we will see tonight. Remember the first time he replaced Hemsky on that line not Penner, so that line will have an entirely different look against the Preds. J.F Jacques is in tonight on the 4th line and Pouliot will stay on the second line. Nilsson sits again it looks like -- trade bait or dog house? Only time will tell.

I understand putting Jacques in because of size, but Pouliot over Nilsson again is perplexing. Granted Nilsson has done nothing lately, but neither has Pouliot, and in my mind Nilsson still offers more than Pouliot, especially when neither are bringing much to the ice right now.

Ddf3e2ba09069c465299f3c416e43eae
#101 longtimefan
March 03 2009, 08:28PM

We just can't enjoy any type of success, can we?

#102 Cory Dakin
March 03 2009, 08:30PM

I think they need to take a picture of MacT at any time during a game and place that picture beside the word "bewilderment" in the dictionary.. No definition would be required.

#103 longtimefan
March 03 2009, 08:31PM

Unf'ing believable!

#104 Harlie Chuddy
March 03 2009, 08:31PM

Roloson you *** damn pussy! F you and the damn point you just gave away.

#105 jeanshorts
March 03 2009, 08:32PM

uhhh.....fudge. Just fudging great. Rolli hurts himself AND we lose the game. Donna Roloson better cover her face tonight with some kind of full face mask because she's going to get worked over.

#106 SeanS
March 03 2009, 08:33PM

Harlie Chuddy wrote:

Roloson you *** damn pussy! F you and the damn point you just gave away.

I hope thats a joke, otherwise its obvious you never played hockey in your entire life and you need to stfu.

#107 David S
March 03 2009, 08:33PM

That was a sad, sad way to lose a game.

#108 longtimefan
March 03 2009, 08:35PM

Somebody remind me why we gave up on arnott, seems to me we do that ocassionally

#109 Harlie Chuddy
March 03 2009, 08:35PM

@ SeanS:

ain't no joke. Rolli once again drops his stick, flops like a fish, and cries for a penalty, then rips his mask off. If you haven't seen this movie before you haven't watched a game.

#110 David S
March 03 2009, 08:35PM

Sam with the first star. Nice for the kid. He's been playing his nutz off lately. And yeah Chuddy, not cool man.

#111 longtimefan
March 03 2009, 08:37PM

Somebody remind me why we gave up on arnott, another exoiler scoring a big goal on us

#112 David S
March 03 2009, 08:37PM

Harlie Chuddy wrote:

@ SeanS: ain’t no joke. Rolli once again drops his stick, flops like a fish, and cries for a penalty, then rips his mask off. If you haven’t seen this movie before you haven’t watched a game.

He took a puck to the clavicle. You'd better hope it isn't broken because 19 games of JDD would make most of us here suicidal.

#113 SeanS
March 03 2009, 08:38PM

Harlie Chuddy wrote:

1) learn to skate 2) go to an outdoor rink and take a shot off any part of your body 3) then pretend that shot was 60mph harder from an nhl player. 4) when you actually have played hockey and know what a shot feels like maybe you will grow up and realize roli is human too. 5) Its very easy to sit on your couch and bitch that hes a pussy.

#114 Poo Czar
March 03 2009, 08:39PM

Lordy. Based on that game alone, I still don't know if this team should be buyers or sellers.

#115 SeanS
March 03 2009, 08:39PM

AND. he wasn't bitching for a penalty and he dropped his stick because he took a shot off the collar bone. Maybe YOU should be the one watching the game

#116 Harlie Chuddy
March 03 2009, 08:39PM

@ SeanS:

thanks tips. Have any extra tissues I can borrow for Roli?

#117 Poo Czar
March 03 2009, 08:40PM

Any chance we could get Garon for Sabourin???

#118 SeanS
March 03 2009, 08:40PM

lol says the one who has never played hockey in his live, probably not even a sport.

#119 jeanshorts
March 03 2009, 08:44PM

Poo Czar wrote:

Any chance we could get Garon for Sabourin???

Has Sabourin even played in Springfield yet? Anyone know how he's doing? WILLIS???

And Garon is just as crappy in Pittsburgh as he was here. People need to get over him. He had one good season last year.

#120 Poo Czar
March 03 2009, 08:48PM

@ jeanshorts:

Well in that case I vote for signing Bill Ranford.

@WE STILL LOVE YOU BILLY!!!:

#121 David S
March 03 2009, 08:55PM

Harlie Chuddy wrote:

@ SeanS: thanks tips. Have any extra tissues I can borrow for Roli?

If he took one on the clavicle and he dropped his stick, it's very possible he broke it. At the very least, hurts like a b*tch.

#122 Bruno
March 03 2009, 08:57PM

Harlie Chuddy wrote:

Roloson you *** damn pussy! F you and the damn point you just gave away.

Your a joke! SeanS is already eating you for a snack so I wont go there. Why dont you ask your self why Souray never went down to block ,or attempt to block! or why even struds was on the F N ice in O.T.! there where many factors that contributed to the loss............ IF YOUR EVEN AN OILER FAN!!!you better hope his collar is in one peice!! Think before you burp a fart!!!Harlie

#123 Harlie Chuddy
March 03 2009, 09:16PM

@ David S: @ Bruno: @ SeanS:

if he was as hurt as you all think then why in the hell didn't he just lay on the ice? instead he gets up and displays excellent lateral movement and then gets scored on and rips off his mask and tosses it 30 feet and THEN clutches his shoulder. If he is/was legitimately hurt in that play then why did he just NOT get up? Thats the part I'm bitching about. Why get up? Seriously?? If he doesn't get up the Ref calls the play we're still in the game.

#124 longtimefan
March 03 2009, 09:22PM

Pros play to the end of the play and regardless of what many people say, you can't deny that has conducted himself as a pro since he arrived. Its in their make up

#125 SeanS
March 03 2009, 09:23PM

@ Harlie Chuddy:

Because if you ever played a sport you would know this, you never give up on anything if you have anything left in you then you try and play... All thats going through his mind in that split second is f*ck that hurt oh sh*t they are shooting again I need to make a save.

Lots of examples in sports of people playing with broken, dislocated, big time injuries... Its called adrenaline.

#126 longtimefan
March 03 2009, 09:27PM

Us old guys remember bobby baun playing with a broken leg in 67, last time the leafs won the cup I believe, now that I have dated myself time for my nap

#127 David S
March 03 2009, 09:31PM

SeanS wrote:

Exhibit A: Tiger Woods

FYI - Roli threw his mask in disgust, AFTER the goal.

The refs shoulda called the play dead when he was doubled over, after he got hit. My guess is that's half the reason he was so ripped afterwards. Half mad at himself and half mad at the refs for not blowing the play dead on the spot.

BTW - It's not instinctive for any high-level athlete to give up. You'd know that if you ever were one.

#128 David S
March 03 2009, 09:32PM

"You'd know that Harlie..." (not Sean)

#129 Kevin "Let's the shot go!" Quinn
March 03 2009, 10:04PM

stupid Arnott

#130 Kevin "Lets the shot go!" Quinn
March 03 2009, 10:04PM

we suck

#131 THEBIGD
March 04 2009, 01:53AM

@ mjsh: Are you serious he is the best we have. Sorry but he is a over paid floater. D

#132 Bob Cob
March 04 2009, 08:57AM

Harlie Chuddy wrote:

#133 Bob Cob
March 04 2009, 08:58AM

Bob Cob wrote:

Harlie Chuddy wrote: if he was as hurt as you all think then why in the hell didn’t he just lay on the ice? instead he gets up and displays excellent lateral movement and then gets scored on and rips off his mask and tosses it 30 feet and THEN clutches his shoulder. If he is/was legitimately hurt in that play then why did he just NOT get up? Thats the part I’m bitching about. Why get up? Seriously?? If he doesn’t get up the Ref calls the play we’re still in the game. You sir, are an idiot. Get a clue, watch a game and dont just talk like you know what your talking about. How many time has Rollie asved our ass this year? He needs a break, and JDD BETTER be in for the rest of the trip.

I have to learn how to spell, I meant "saved", my bad.