GDB 65: Fallen Leafs and a Moreau update

Jason Gregor
March 07 2009 09:58AM

MOreau in the penalty box

In his first interview since taking a stick in his eye last Saturday, Oiler captain Ethan Moreau discussed everything from his eye, to leadership, to his discipline to an overrated offence.

You can listen to the entire interview at www.justagame.ca, but I have taken out a few key points...

JG: How is the eye?

EM: I’m lucky that I had started with good eyesight, and right now my eyesight is about 80% back to normal. Even if it doesn’t improve anymore I would be able to come back and play, but I’m expecting a full recovery. I’ve had some damage to the eye itself, but that is mostly cosmetic, and once the blood from the back of the eye clears I should be fine.

JG: When do you expect to return?

EM: I hope to skate next week, but I have an appointment Monday and they are being really cautious with activity right now. Hopefully I can start some activity Monday with a light bike ride, and then hopefully I can get on the ice next week. Ideally two full practices would be enough to get me back in condition since I haven’t been able to do anything up until now.

JG: Will you wear a visor when you return?

EM: I won’t have a choice; I think I’ll have to wear one for a number of reasons. It is unfortunate that you have to go through an incident like this to wear one. I lost total vision and couldn’t see the day after it happened so it puts things into perspective. I’ve been through some pretty significant injuries with a broken leg, broken hand, broken mouth, but all those things are superficial and they will heal. This was the scariest moment of my career and definitely for the short term --the rest of the year-- I won’t be able to play without one.

JG: Since you’ve been an Oiler you had lots of guys who had more effort and less talent, and now it is reversed. Is it hard to get these guys to understand that effort is still the most important facet of a player’s game?

EM: It should come naturally. I think our skill, and not be negative, is overrated. Outside of Hemsky and Visnovsky were not tremendously skilled or talented. We don’t have guys who are 30 or even 20 goal scorers. I think the identity of our team has changed a lot, and try to shift to a more skilled, puck moving team, but that hasn’t translated to the offence that we thought it would. We have to find a way to get back to playing an energetic and more physical game. And that is up to the guys in the lineup. If they want to stay in the lineup and in the NHL they have to find a way to contribute.

JG: As a player who relies on emotion you realized early in your career that you had to play balls to the wall to stay in the league, how do you relate to players who have more skill aren’t the same type of player as you?

EM: That is a really good question. Sometimes it is hard for me. Sometimes I get frustrated and what to say certain things, but I catch myself because I realize the game is different. It’s not the mid-90s when I came in or Stevie (Staios) or Shelly (Souray) came in. We came in literally fighting for jobs but the game has changed now. There is more emphasis on skill and puck movement. I don’t think it is productive for me to tell a supposedly skilled, smaller guy to go out and run around and get his ice that way because that is not who they are, or the player they are, or the reason we drafted them.

Sometimes it is hard to relate, but I also play offensively at times as well, so I can help them in that sense. Knowing where goals are scored in the NHL, not many are scored on the perimeter; most of them are scored from in front of the net. Look at the best players in the world; a lot of their goals come from getting to the net like Iginla. I guess Ovechkin is an exception to that because he can score from the outside. A lot of the really good young players are getting to the net and scoring goals, and I thought that was lacking in our game last night, we were on the perimeter too much.

JG: Compared to what you got away with early in your career, do you have to change your style of slashing and being physical to avoid taking so many penalties?

EM: Yeah I do, that is something I have to work on. I have to maintain my physical play and I do a lot of checking with my stick. I think referees look at physical guys who play that style and for some reason we get more penalties than other guys would. I went through a tough stretch where I was taking too many penalties, and when I get back I will work on that, but I can’t let it take away from my physical play.

JG: Were those penalties out of frustration?

EM: I don’t really get frustrated. I think everybody has a switch. I mean sometimes when the game is out of hand and you are losing, and you know it isn’t going to hurt your team, that is frustration and not caring if you are going to get a penalty because it won’t affect the outcome of the game. Some of it is error in judgment, or putting yourself in a bad position while some were bad calls, but I always take responsibility for the penalties that I get.

JG: Is it hard for married new players to bring their families to Edmonton and get acclimatized, and does that concern you?

There is no reason why they can’t. I’ve raised my family here, and it is a lot like the childhood I had growing up in Canada. My son plays hockey like everyone else, and they are involved in activities and we are involved in the community. It’s what you make of it. The number one thing is if the hockey is good then everything else is good. When things are going well on the ice and your team is doing well, that makes the city that much better to play in.

JG: As Captain of the team, your team has had more nights this year than in previous years where you didn’t have the same compete level as the opposition. Do garbage cans get thrown around still? Can you chastise guys individually, or do you have to do that in a calmer manner?

EM: A little bit of both. You have to assess the situation. You can’t do that every game, and be breaking stuff and yelling at guys every game. You’re not going to get a good response. But there are times for that and there are times to call guys out and times to be calm and supportive and help your teammates that way.

I wish I had the answer for you. There have been a lot of nights where we haven’t had the same level of competitiveness as we’ve had in the past, and a lot of that is because we have changed our team. I think the problem this year is that some of the skill and offensive guys we’ve had haven’t put up the numbers we’ve anticipated. And when that (not scoring) happens the other part of the game doesn’t look very good, and it looks like the effort level isn’t there.

In the past we had guys who had an aggressive style of play, skated and hit, but now it is a different brand of hockey. And sometimes it translates into a product that appears we aren’t working as hard as we should. The positive is in the backend we move the puck a lot better and it has been a noticeable change and that has been a huge positive. I think the problem lies in our forwards and our inability to forecheck and win battles and to provide offence that way.

This league is extremely hard to do that in. You have to be an elite player to be able to put up points strictly on the rush and to capitalize on the powerplay. You have to find a way to be able to score five-on-five, and a lot of times that is through cycling or getting in and winning one-on-one battles.

It is a learning process for a lot of guys and hopefully we can figure it out. You can change your game even if you are a skilled guy that has relied on his skill or powerplay time in the past. There is always time to change, if you want to change, and become a different player and produce offence in a different way.

Moreau did talk give his thoughts on the trades and a few other things as well, so if you want to hear the entire interview go to www.justagame.ca.

When Moreau skated off the ice many wondered how serious his injury would be, but, thankfully for him, it sounds like he will be back on the ice very soon.

Ddf3e2ba09069c465299f3c416e43eae
#1 Amber McCormick
March 07 2009, 10:08AM

Great interview, Jason! Were you, by chance, holding hands throughout your chat?!

#2 airbag
March 07 2009, 10:24AM

Moreau looks a lot like willie mitchell in that picture.

#3 Jason Gregor
March 07 2009, 10:26AM

Amber McCormick wrote:

I have zen powers but since it was over the phone there was no hand touching. I have no idea where you rank him on your hot scale, but I'm sorry you won't be able to visualize us together.

#4 Cheezyclips
March 07 2009, 10:35AM

Jason do you know the lineup for the game tonight? Is it unchanged?

#5 OilW30
March 07 2009, 10:54AM

That was a great interview.

He seems to think that the lack of offensive production is the biggest problem with the team. Hard to argue with that, especially lately.

#6 Mike
March 07 2009, 11:04AM

"I don’t think it is productive for me to tell a supposedly skilled, smaller guy to go out and run around"

So which of our forwards would Captain 2 Minutes feel is "supposedly skilled"? I'm not seeing a ton of respect there.

#7 David S
March 07 2009, 11:05AM

Nice job Jason. I was listening to this last night on the way home from work. I actually pulled into a gas station to hear the interview better.

I think the biggest problem players have today is the fact that they're much more insulated from the public than in the past. The fans end up making assumptions about them and the team because they so rarely hear or see the athletes themselves anymore. As much as I hate Ethan's on-ice play sometimes, hearing his interview last night very much humanized the player, in my eyes anyways.

#8 B.C.B.
March 07 2009, 11:11AM

Well some of those comments are correct, but is Moreau trying to piss me (and some of his teammates) off:

1) "Outside of Hemsky and Visnovsky were not tremendously skilled or talented. We don’t have guys who are 30 or even 20 goal scorers." - What is Souray and Penner chopped liver, both these players have had more productive years, (Penner with two 20+ goal season in two full season, and likely another one this year; Souray one 20+ goal season, and most likely another one this year).

2) on penalties: " I have to maintain my physical play and I do a lot of checking with my stick. I think referees look at physical guys who play that style and for some reason we get more penalties than other guys would . . . Some of it is error in judgment, or putting yourself in a bad position while some were bad calls, but I always take responsibility for the penalties that I get." - we that sounds like he is rationalizing his penalties on the refs and his 'switch' that goes on when the game gets out of hand: NOT taking responsibility for those 2nd period mistakes that have cost us games (think last game in Dallas). This is a complete lie, because as fans we watch most (or all) of the games and we see him taking bad stick infractions 200 ft from our own net, when that player doesn't have the puck. I almost throw up on my boots when I read this.

3) "To simplify your game is a lot to ask of some guys, because they are coming out of junior or coming from different teams where they were offensive players, and they got a lot of their points on the powerplay or they could score on the rush. . . You have to find a way to be able to score five-on-five, and a lot of times that is through cycling or getting in and winning one-on-one battles." - like Moreau, he came in a 1st round draft choice and now is a grinder, so if he is preaching changing our game, why does he still skate around the outside, never passing, waiting for his perfect shot to open up (does he think he is elite, because it seem hypocritical to say this and play the way he does).

#9 Harlie Chuddy
March 07 2009, 11:58AM

even Moreau says we are too small up front with too many tweeners. Everyone automatically kisses Tambellini's ass after making two moves at the deadline only to bring in two more tweeners who play soft games. I am doubting we'll make the playoffs. Should be some good drama over the next while.

#10 Robin Brownlee
March 07 2009, 12:04PM

B.C.B. wrote:

"Correct?" Moreau is giving his opinions. Whether what he says falls into line with what you think doesn't make them correct or incorrect. Like, you're the standard? I never understand it when a guy comes out with more than pat answers and gets criticized for it.

Jason: Grade A stuff and you were first out of the blocks, to boot. That was good radio.

#11 tommy
March 07 2009, 12:47PM

I thought is was a great interview. IMO the kiss(es) of death to this hockey club were some media publications picking them to win the NW, MacT's comments about quelling optimism and his teams skill level. It should have been cautious optimism. This team missed the playoffs last year, they have a very young line up, transitioning to a puck possession game (what is detroit's average age?) which is probably a difficult game to pull off consistently with a young line up. Making the playoff should have been the goal, and for the team to be in the hunt is progress (like it or not).

#12 W.T.
March 07 2009, 12:49PM

W.T. thinks it's sad that Cal steps down. He bleeds Oilers but because he is also fighting to keep the airport downtown, Katz(?) thinks thats bad for the image to get a new hockey rink downtown??? Wow, thanks Cal but see ya later cause you making me look bad. What does that say about the new owner of the Oil? So, it is o.k. for KLowe to ice a poor product but because revenues are strong you can stay KLowe, but Cal, you have been the heart and sole to keep Oilers in Edmonton but you making me look bad and I won't get my new rink so you gotta go!!! Wow, way to go Edmonton.

#13 BUCK75 - FMNF
March 07 2009, 12:57PM

I didn't have a chance to listen to the interview, but reading the transcript provided above it appears he was being really honest & candid. Not something Moreau gets a ton of credit for, because you usually hear him after games doing the cliche post game interview.

Many posters on here want to hear the dirt, yet they are quick to chastise Moreau for not sugar coating his opinions. As much as watching him get penalties pisses me off, there isn't many nights you can say he didn't show up. Not many other players on this team that fall into that category.

As an aside thank-you for not making another side bet with the Pension Plan Puppets...

#14 Archaeologuy
March 07 2009, 01:00PM

@ Robin Brownlee: Robin, I'm new to follwing the blogs on this site, but I've noticed that you've been a little touchy about some subjects. How's that quiting smoking thing going for you? Seriously though, Alex Trebek is the standard by which all things are measured. That goes for opinions, trivia, and facial at least. Good interview Gregor.

#15 Archaeologuy
March 07 2009, 01:01PM

er. i meant to say facial hair

#16 B.C.B.
March 07 2009, 01:02PM

Brownlee: I am allowed to make judgments about what I see as as correct or not (so are you, actual this is what you did in criticizing me). Is any opinion correct? If you think so, I disagree. What is meaningful is backing up your position, not just the authority that opinion is spoken from. Did I claim I am a standard? I don't think so.

What I did was point out the internal inconsistencies: like blaming refs for targeting players like himself and then saying he took full responsibility for his actions, or claiming that we don't have any 20 or 30 goal scores when Penners numbers demonstrate he is.

I am not criticizing Moreau for giving a good interview, with more then the cliques, but I am criticizing what he is saying. That is more then you did, Brownlee, with me. You didn't address the points I pick out, but instead went off on a choice of a word, in which I was trying to sympathic to Moreau.

#17 Jenga66
March 07 2009, 01:40PM

Very good interview. As a fan it is good to know that the players (or at least the Captain) recognize some of the problems.

WT. Jenga thinks that it is not that much of a surprise that the ties between the old owners and the new owner would eventually be cut. Jenga suggests that this might be seen as a positive thing. Jenga thinks that this might be another necessary step towards the new owner starting to make this team his. Jenga says that just as we will see Tambo start to put his mark on this team, so too will we see see Katz start to be an Owner.

Of course just like WT and Deep Oil, Jenga doesn't really know F all about what goes on behind the curtain in the Land of Oil.

#18 The Towel Boy
March 07 2009, 01:48PM

Pretty much what I assume Moreau is saying is that the young "skilled" kids need to play with a little more crash n' bang instead of trying to make fancy plays around the perimeter or off the rush. Less fancy schmancy and more hockey. Funnel to the net and get'er done!

It's working lately for Stortini and Reddox type players...but the other kids don't seem to quite see that yet. When was the last time you saw Cogliano or Nilsson in a mosh pit in front of the net?

(When was the last time you saw Nilsson period? hahaha...ahha...ahhh...ahem....sorry)

#19 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 02:03PM

Great intereview Jason. I am a huge Moreau booster and I get frustrated at some of the negativity that the nation displays towards him at times, and although I personally don't feel he needs to explain to anybody how some of the penalties against him are called, it's great to see that he's a genuine guy who takes responsibitly for his actions on the ice. There is plenty of leadership in that lockeroom with Staios and Souray along with Moreau and I'm sure being the captain in Edmonton isn't always an easy task, but at least we know we got plenty of quality guys to shoilder the load. Good job.

#20 Deep Oil
March 07 2009, 02:05PM

W.T. wrote:

W.T. suggests that was a strong effor J.G.. Maybe the Oilers can learn from you. W.T. thinks it’s sad that Cal steps down. He bleeds Oilers but because he is also fighting to keep the airport downtown, Katz(?) thinks thats bad for the image to get a new hockey rink downtown??? Wow, thanks Cal but see ya later cause you making me look bad. What does that say about the new owner of the Oil? So, it is o.k. for KLowe to ice a poor product but because revenues are strong you can stay KLowe, but Cal, you have been the heart and sole to keep Oilers in Edmonton but you making me look bad and I won’t get my new rink so you gotta go!!! Wow, way to go Edmonton.

McKesson summoned it's figurehead and told him the rules.

1) Nicholls has to make a choice - airport or Rexall Sports.

2) Lowprofile of all contract employee's - Nicholls is a gunslinger - adios.

3) Northlands needs the airport for the Indy - need to distance DARK KNIGHT and contract employee's from Northlands due to their access of lottery dollars during this time period.

CN departure was front page news yesterday and today, forgotten by Sunday. KLOWE the most reasonable option to move into Chair - as DOHO and GM decisions are irrepairable, but must keep LOWE onboard due to stanley cup connection and HOPE.

Need to review and evaluate post season playoff ticket purhases - very worried - low renewal rate for some reason. 2009 - 2010 looks shakey.

#21 Deep Oil
March 07 2009, 02:09PM

Why is it that the local media jumped on Nilsson when he slept in and missed the optional practise at home... and when the oil are on the edge of 8th, Penner takes a powder and MACT gives him a pass, with a fluffer comment that he just has to show up for the games.....

Hasn't MACT been present for Penner's performance the last 8 games...... read between the lines - try something different with this head case making lottery money on a burger and fries diet - something's gotta stick eventaully.

Just goes to show that the LOCAL media had access to the Penner story and stroked....while on the road, less optics while in hogtown - take what MACT says as gospel and move on - a double standard indeed.

This shows indirectly that MACT is either beside himself or has tossed in the towel - again for all the NATION that claim my non winning attitude was off base.

#22 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 02:13PM

@ B.C.B.: B.C.B, you bring up some good points, and I can't speak for Brownlee here, but what it seems to me is all he was saying was that we all come here daily, we critisize, ask questions and inquires about the team, we question leadership and skill levels. Gregor has a fantastic interview with the most reputable lockeroom source and we get some of the answers to the questions we always ask. Before this we had very little information about what happens behind closed doors. If Moreau answered all Gregors questions the pc way, he would be chastised by everyone. He gave honest answers. Mad love to the captain

#23 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 02:17PM

Also Browlee, maybe you should stop smoking cigars and switch to something a little more.....mellow. You seem a little edgy.

#24 Jorge
March 07 2009, 02:19PM

@ Deep Oil: You are always trying to convince us that Rexall will soon be an empty building on game nights. I'm willing to bet that wont ever happen in my lifetime. And I'm a young buck.

#25 Robin Brownlee
March 07 2009, 02:30PM

B.C.B. wrote:

Brownlee: I am allowed to make judgments about what I see as as correct or not

Yes, you are -- even if they're ill-informed and not very well thought out.

B.C.B. wrote:

Yes, he's trying to piss off some of his teammates. And you? I'm doubting he knows you exist, let alone gives two squirts about whether or not he pisses you off. You started with a hamd-handed entry into this thing and it didn't get better as we went along.

B.C.B. wrote:

You didn’t address the points I pick out, but instead went off

No I didn't go off, but I can if you'd like. I haven't gone off when I'm HYPNOTIZED before. It might be fun.

#26 Robin Brownlee
March 07 2009, 02:36PM

Hoodlum wrote:

Also Browlee, maybe you should stop smoking cigars and switch to something a little more…..mellow. You seem a little edgy.

And we don't want edgy. We want ring-around-the-facking-rosy, right? Yes, people who say what I consider to be stupid things make me "edgy." If that happens more times that you like, so be it. I don't spend all my waking hours trying to get over with posters who come here. That's how it is.

#27 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 02:40PM

@ Robin Brownlee: Dude, I don't give, how you put it "2 squirts". I think it's funny. I appreciate your posts and all the insider information you provide. You are a very intelligent, strong asset to the nation, but not everyone is entitled to YOUR opinion, and god forbid someone disagree with you. Stop hanging out with Bryan Hall, you act too much like him.

#28 Deep Oil
March 07 2009, 02:43PM

Jorge wrote:

@ Deep Oil: You are always trying to convince us that Rexall will soon be an empty building on game nights. I’m willing to bet that wont ever happen in my lifetime. And I’m a young buck.

$40 dollar oil combined with unemployment and a non playoff team = lower season ticket base - schmoooozing a client to a dud of a game gets old fast.....

#29 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 02:43PM

Browlnee, regardless, I think your solid and let's drop it and talk hockey

#30 Robin Brownlee
March 07 2009, 02:48PM

@ Hoodlum: I might be HYPNOTIZED, but I don't hang out with Hallsy. Second, I stole "two squirts" from Wanye. He is far hipper than I.

And my opinion -- right or wrong -- is why I'm here.

#31 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 02:49PM

@ Robin Brownlee: Hahahaha, right on man. Don't sell yourself short, your probably hipper than you think....maybe

#32 Jason Gregor
March 07 2009, 03:02PM

B.C.B. wrote:

He was talking about their offensive skill, and Souray would admit he isn't a dangler. He is a ripper. He and Moreau are super tight, trust me he wasn't slagging Souray. As for Penner, his goals aren't top notch skill goals. Do you put Penner in the category of Hemsky or Visnovsky when it comes to skill? I doubt it.

B.C.B. wrote:

You have to find a way to be able to score five-on-five, and a lot of times that is through cycling or getting in and winning one-on-one battles.” - like Moreau, he came in a 1st round draft choice and now is a grinder, so if he is preaching changing our game, why does he still skate around the outside, never passing, waiting for his perfect shot to open up (does he think he is elite, because it seem hypocritical to say this and play the way he does).

\

Do you think before you wrote your retort. Yes he adapted his game, and guess what so do many other players. Did you read where he said MOST skilled guys still score from in close. He didn't suggest they stop being skilled, he said even skilled guys go to the tough areas to get goals. He also pointed out that Ovechkin is the rarity and scores from the outside.

Considering that none of the so-called skilled guys have put up any numbers they might try to go to the tough areas a bit more.

It was refreshing to hear a player give an honest assessment of his team, their chemistry and their system. If you think Moreau is the problem for their inconsistency then you are grossly mistaken. He admitted he went through a bad stretch of penalties and while rectify it when he gets back. We'll see when he returns if it happens.

#33 Jason Gregor
March 07 2009, 03:03PM

Cheezyclips wrote:

Jason do you know the lineup for the game tonight? Is it unchanged?

They didn't run a lot of lines at the morning skate today I was told. Looks like Gagner and Horcoff will switch lines to start. Nilsson is game time decision to come in for Pouliot.

#34 Lawndemon
March 07 2009, 03:37PM

The only way that interview could have been better is if Moreau had punched Pouliot in the neck halway through. Nice work.

#35 Archaeologuy
March 07 2009, 04:13PM

Oh man, Gregor and Brownlee have their teeth out today.

Ethan answered the questions he was asked and it didnt sound like he was dodging or giving stock BS.

Gregor, it was a very good interview, as you hone your mad skillz (the z is optional) you might even be able to get one of these guys to break down and cry one day. Until then you will need to be sated by the tears of the posters on Oilersnation.com

#36 socaldave
March 07 2009, 04:20PM

i think everyone's edgy 'cause we cannot WAIT to hand it to those egomaniancal, overblown, windbag f***ing douchebag laff fans!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOILERS!! ~breaks out the Cap'n Morgan at 3.20pm~

#37 Librarian Mike
March 07 2009, 04:28PM

I read/heard something yesterday that 2 coaches this year have been fired after losing to the Leafs. While I know that my birthday is still 7 months away so MacT isn't going anywhere, I have to say what a burn on your team that losing to them means you need to make a major change.

Leafs suck. C'mon Oilers, you'd better beat these clowns tonight (unless my birthday's coming early KLowe...wink wink).

#38 Jason Gregor
March 07 2009, 04:33PM

Under the who would have thunk it category???..Dwayne Roloson will set an Oiler record today with his 21st straight start...Ranford and Fuhr owned the record with 20 straight.

Right now it looks like the Colossal Fossil will start at least 25 in a row, and then we will see if he gets a break in Colorado or Chicago on back-to-back nights.

#39 APE - FMNF
March 07 2009, 04:38PM

The Oilers will get to witness a team work hard tonite. Should be interesting..

#40 Robin Brownlee
March 07 2009, 05:07PM

Archaeologuy wrote:

Oh man, Gregor and Brownlee have their teeth out today.

I've had my teeth "out" sice Morris Davidson made it so with three or four unanswered right hands during a scrap back in 1972. The big galoot always had my number and smoked me five or six times between bantam and junior, but never to the extent of the painkiller-free extractions he did in midget.

#41 Dennis
March 07 2009, 05:08PM

Great interview, Gregor. Thought I might disagree with some of it - and I'll get to that shortly - good on you for getting some insightful answers.

I think 18's slowly going into a 'get off my lawn' phrase where he doesn't like that things aren't the way they used be.

You have to remember that he became a vital part of this club pretty much from Day 1 - I know his first game was a home match on HNIC vs Van and I think he played with Marchant-Grier right off the bat. So there was that line and 39 and 94 and it was their team and by extension his. And, yeah, we only had one line that was offensive so forwards 4-through-12 went out and dumped and chased and mucked and they liked it and they loved it and that's the way it was.

Well, now the Oilers are trying to win with skill and 18 isn't fitting in. And for all the things that he said that were bang-on, the fact that he doesn't realize what damage his stupid penalties inflict says a lot to me. As for the fact he's going to try and fix that when he gets back, it's not just that had a bad stretch of penalties because he's been doing that for as long as I've watched.

The funniest thing about reading all this is when he talks about where you have to go in order to score goals. Of course everyone knows this is true. And while we all spend way too much time discussing this and that, it can all be summed up by who wants to go to the tough areas and who's really good at defending those tough areas.

That's what it all comes down to; the other thing that factors in is how much skill you have to finish when you make it To these areas.

Anyway, good stuff, Gregor. I'm looking forward to a similar effort when Rick Rypien comes back to town:D

#42 nutsandgum
March 07 2009, 05:12PM

Good to see this game is at least in HD...

#43 nutsandgum
March 07 2009, 05:14PM

Fitting tribute to Colleen Howe at the start of the CBC broadcast...I wonder what they'll show when Janet passes on?

Probably clips of her talking w/ Tocchet about the over/under...

#44 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 05:14PM

OH GOD....EVEN THIER ANTHEM SINGER IS GAY

#45 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 05:17PM

1 leaf down, 17 to go

#46 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 05:18PM

Karma is a bitch

#47 Word
March 07 2009, 05:31PM

Does anyone know a way I can watch the game online?

#48 Hoodlum
March 07 2009, 05:34PM

good 1st line shift

#49 David S
March 07 2009, 05:34PM

Horcoff. *facepalm*

#50 Amber McCormick
March 07 2009, 05:36PM

Jason Gregor wrote:

I have no idea where you rank him on your hot scale, but I’m sorry you won’t be able to visualize us together.

Who says I can't visualize you and Moreau together? My mind is a wonderful and magical place.