NationDraft Update: Hello There

The Towel Boy
January 20 2010 04:34PM

Oh, hello there.

I am currently busy in my study enjoying a thorough read-through of one of the many great works of one of my favorite authors of classic literature. Yes, I know, how did Ann Rule write so many riveting novels? She truly does have a keen grasp on telling the story of true crimes.

Now, how are you doing? That’s good to hear. I suppose you’re here to inquire about the goings on in the Team 1260 NationDraft.  Well I believe I could oblige and give you an update as to how things are looking.

Let’s sally forth, shall we?

Team 1260 NationDraft Update as of Jan 19/10

The Top Ten

Team Name Points Points behind
1. Young Guns 679 0
2. Calgary Sucks 675 -4
3. The G.O.A.T 675 -4
4. Peniuk Pukes 674 -5
5. R Kenny's Killers 668 -11
6. Inverno76 Oilers 668 -11
7. Kevo91 668 -11
8. FTC 668 -11
9. Subaru Shooters 668 -11
10. MoOsEkNuCkLe 668 -11

Lookie here!  We have some slight changes in the top ten since our last update.  “Peniuk Pukes” shimmied their way into the top ten and kicked “empaul” out into the ranks of the common folk beyond the top ten.  “Kevo91” gave up their third place spot to “The G.O.A.T.” and slid down to seventh.  It’s always good to see some movement in the top ten.  “Young Guns” and “Calgary Sucks” better hope their picks hold up.

The Nation Crew

Speaking of great people, I would imagine you are vibrating in excitement to see how your draft picks stack up to the fine folks that bring you Oilersnation.com.  Well, vibrate no longer my friend.  I happen to have a list right here:

Team Name Points Points behind
120. Robin Brownlee 639 -40
341. RossCreek Renegades 612 -67
435. Jason Gregor 601 -78
521. Towel Boy Vs. Mothra 590 -89
709. The Pacinos 562 -117
744. Bonsignore Citizens Brigade 556 -123
868. Lord Wanye's Steeds 508 -171

Woah, nicely done me.  *pats self on back*

Gregor & Brownlee:  I’m truly sorry to see your rankings slip so hard.  It would be a shame if they were to slip any further.  (insert evil laughter here)

Who’s Hot?

I had Evgeni Malkin slated for a Not Hot spot, but it would seem that he came out of his funk last night with a hat trick.  I also see that Crosby had a small night in the points department last night.  Ok…he had six freakin’ points!  Yeesh.

Who’s Not?

Iginla, where are you dude?   With one point over the past five games he’s not helping anyone’s NationDraft team too much.  Maybe the Olympics will help his confidence?  *crosses fingers for Team Canada*

Honorable Mention

717. The Flyin' Seamen 561 -118

Don't seamen use boats?

747. Team Ogden Jr. 556 -123

I figured this site needed more mention of the word "Ogden".

872. Vancouver sucks 502 -177

We'll see tonight I guess!  (oh boy.)

This concludes the latest edition of the Team 1260 NationDraft Update.  I hope your team isn't sucking as hard as mine.

Yours truly,

The Towel Boy

This message was written in accordance with the guidelines and rules set forth in the Charter of The Ministry of Drafts and is approved by the Minister of Draft.

56616bc412a09c53607f8b0162de222b
William (Towel) H. Boy is chairman of TB Corporation, the worldwide leader in internet usage, poker playing, hockey watching, video gaming, and beer drinking. TB Co. helps people and businesses realize their full potential. TB Co. had revenues of US$0.053 cents for the fiscal year ending June 2009, and employs more than 0.5 people in 1 country and/or region. He also enjoys the sexy ladies. Follow me on Twitter, if you dare: TheTowelBoy
#1 Robin Brownlee
January 20 2010, 04:42PM

Brownlee still leading the ON crew despite the loss of that slacker Spezza? Is there nothing new in these updates?

#2 Ender
January 20 2010, 04:56PM

Team Dragon 809?

But . . . but . . . I picked 5 Oilers, including Hemsky and Comrie . . . how could things have gone so wrong? . . .

[hugs knees to chest and rocks back and forth]

#3 SirFozz
January 20 2010, 04:59PM

244 isn't too shabby. And once Mr.Duff comes back, look out.

Also, I think that photo is fake. Someone clearly photo-shopped the beverage out of your hand.

#4 Ender
January 20 2010, 05:00PM

ronaldo wrote:

Of course it's fake; the real Darth Vader's voice bubble sounds much deeper. Amateurs . . .

#5 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
January 20 2010, 05:09PM

233. Team Discovery Channel 625 -54

Brownlee, I'm moving up on you (or you're moving down to the point where I might catch you...)

#6 Robin Brownlee
January 20 2010, 05:22PM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

233. Team Discovery Channel 625 -54

No chance. I've threatened the team with a bag skate and that Nancy Boy Spezza is going to stop milking the injury.

#7 Eddie Shore
January 20 2010, 05:31PM

ahhhemm..

211. JohnnyDrama 627 -52

#8 Skidplate
January 20 2010, 05:46PM

391. Skidplate 606 pts. -73 behind

My best team is in the Beerhunter

28. 639 pts -35 behind

Comrie, Stotini and Savard are killing me. I think Bourque was a choice instead of Comrie, who would of thunk Bourque would pan out the way he is this year.....

#9 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
January 20 2010, 05:51PM

If only I chose this well in my office pool...

Chara and Comrie are really the only guys that are underperforming with this draft.

#10 OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F
January 20 2010, 06:26PM

The more Ogden the merrier

#11 john
January 20 2010, 07:35PM

WTF are you talking about????

#12 SirFozz
January 20 2010, 07:38PM
john wrote:

WTF are you talking about????

NO, WTF are YOU talking about???? Seriously though, what are you responding too?

#14 The Mook
January 20 2010, 11:13PM

The great Carlo Gambino ruled New York's Mafia, and i thought i was ruling the draft to the point i was planning my schedule around going to that game against Philly. But, as with Brownlee, Jason Spezza seems to be my bane. Falling faster than NBC's ratings in the great Leno experiment.

#92 Carlo Gambino 644 (-35)

#15 Travis Dakin
January 21 2010, 02:58AM

Ok I just noticed the old MacTavish hair on fire picture up in the corner. Well done Le Towel Boy. Well done.

#18 Travis Dakin
January 21 2010, 07:58AM
The Towel Boy wrote:

Why thank you, kind sir.

I am thoroughly impressed.

#19 BUCK75
January 21 2010, 09:48AM

@Travis Dakin

Great eye!It's just like a where's Waldo book.

193. Sarah Jessica Parker's Face 631 -49

Marc Savard is more fragile than an origami dove this year. Handle with care.

Also - maybe next year for the Zack Stortini's of the world maybe PIMS should count...

#20 I'm a Scientist!
January 21 2010, 10:21AM

767. The Lab Rats 552 -128

Wow, i suck. In order to climb back in this thing, I think i am going to take off my tinted visor. Obviously it has been holding me back all this time. Watch out Nation, train wreck coming through!

#21 Librarian Mike
January 21 2010, 12:46PM

@I'm a Scientist!

I'm 760. Looks like we've got a nice little battle going here.

It's like the last 2 players in Mario Kart who are racing to not be last. Actually, it's like the Oilers and Hurricanes this year, too. ha.

#22 I'm a Scientist!
January 21 2010, 12:51PM

@Librarian Mike

Excellent... so according to your analogy, i am currently the Hurricanes. Wow, i just went from suck to blow!

#23 Librarian Mike
January 21 2010, 12:58PM

@I'm a Scientist!

At least you have a decent captain.

Just sayin'.

#25 Librarian Mike
January 21 2010, 01:07PM

@The Towel Boy

Mario Kart 64 was the one my friends and I played the most. There are few feelings of malicious satisfaction as launching a red shell at the dude in front of you.

#27 I'm a Scientist!
January 21 2010, 01:13PM

@The Towel Boy

err...first place? You must be GOOOOD!

Mario Kart is the reason I was kicked out of first year university. True story.

#28 Librarian Mike
January 21 2010, 01:20PM

@I'm a Scientist!

I lost an entire summer of my life to Goldeneye. To this day, every time I go into a bathroom stall with blue doors I instinctively look up.

#30 I'm a Scientist!
January 21 2010, 01:39PM

@The Towel Boy

Excessive everything...except calculus.

@Librarian Mike

YES! Big head mode was the best. I love how you could see when people were walking behind doors. Just like real life.

#31 ChiliChunk
January 21 2010, 02:00PM

So now 2 events in the past week have confirmed beyond a doubt that I am getting old...

First - the guys on my line during shinny were both younger than the skates I was wearing.

Second - I have never seen much less played Mario Kart or Goldeneye.

Sigh...

*goes to store to buy a cardigan. falls and breaks a hip*