NationDraft Update: New Year. New Leaders!

The Towel Boy
January 04 2010 12:20PM

Me oh me oh my.  First off, I must apologize for the lack of Team 1260 NationDraft updates of late.  The sparse updates are just the unfortunate product of the crazy holiday season and its seemingly never ending onslaught of food, friends, cheer and Oiler losses.  I mean, this is important stuff here.  Without these updates, none of you would know where you stand.  You wouldn’t have the terrific comment section below to rejoice in your triumphs and give it to Wanye for his Oilercentric draft picks and, as a result of said picks, poor performance in the draft standings.  So let’s get down to this, shall we?

Team 1260 NationDraft Upate (as of Jan 3/10)

The Top Ten

1. Young Guns 561 0
2. Calgary Sucks 560 -1
3. Kevo91 560 -1
4. The G.O.A.T 560 -1
5. R Kenny's Killers 556 -5
6. Inverno76 Oilers 556 -5
7. FTC 556 -5
8. Subaru Shooters 556 -5
9. MoOsEkNuCkLe 556 -5
10. empaul 556 -5

What do we have here?  Doth mine eyes deceive me?!?  After weeks of total domination by a select few, we seem to have a new collection of leaders in the Top Ten!  Who saw this coming!?!

It would seem that “Wiltonclan”, “Sage11” and “Carlo Gambino” have taken a page from the Edmonton Oilers’ playbook and have turned a good start into an out-of-the-playoffs-by-Christmas-epic-fail.

By taking a quick look at the picks for the new Top Ten vs. the old Top Ten, it would look as if the new guard gained top spots thanks to the recent first-rate play of Nicklas Backstrom, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Eric Staal.  Good job new Top Ten!

Now, I’m sure most of you are just dying to know how you stack up against the Oilersnation crew.  It’s probably the only reason you are reading this article.  Well here you go.

This Is How We Do It

83. Robin Brownlee 539 -22
395. Jason Gregor 508 -53
544. Towel Boy Vs. Mothra 493 -68
671. The Pacinos 478 -83
749. Bonsignore Citizens Brigade 466 -95
872. Lord Wanye's Steeds 427 -134

I still feel I have it in me for a late charge.  I’m gunning for you Brownlee.

Now it’s time for my favorite part of the NationDraft update:  Stupidly awesome team names.

Honorable Mention

172. Kathy Bates' Face            529     -32

Scary.

217. Best. Team. Ever  524     -37

Judging by the 217th place standing I’d say this is the best team ever in name only.

518. Cooly McCoolstein          495     -66

Is it weird that I was very close to actually naming my team “Awesome von Awesomstein”?

Well, it’s good to see some new teams making a stand for top spot in the NationDraft.  It just goes to show you that nothing is for certain in the world of NationDrafting.  Let everyone know where you currently stand via the comments section.  We love gloaters and trash talk here.

Love,

The Towel Boy

This message was written in accordance with the guidelines and rules set forth in the Charter of The Ministry of Drafts and is approved by the Minister of Draft.

56616bc412a09c53607f8b0162de222b
William (Towel) H. Boy is chairman of TB Corporation, the worldwide leader in internet usage, poker playing, hockey watching, video gaming, and beer drinking. TB Co. helps people and businesses realize their full potential. TB Co. had revenues of US$0.053 cents for the fiscal year ending June 2009, and employs more than 0.5 people in 1 country and/or region. He also enjoys the sexy ladies. Follow me on Twitter, if you dare: TheTowelBoy
#1 Jonathan Willis
January 04 2010, 12:23PM

Unbelievable.

One minute apart.

Sorry, Towel Boy.

#3 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
January 04 2010, 12:29PM

251. Team Discovery Channel 521 -40

338. RossCreek Renegades 513 -48

I would have provided an interview if you wanted to take a special look at why my numbers are better than RossCreek's (mostly because I'm awesome and he's not). I still will if you want to include it in the next edition.

#4 RossCreekNation
January 04 2010, 12:30PM

@Jonathan Willis

@ Minister Towel Boy

Willis TOTALLY hi-jacked your moment atop the page. I completely missed it.

~I think he's out to get you~

LOLZ

#5 RossCreekNation
January 04 2010, 12:32PM

@The Towel Boy

No link? Or I'm blind?

#6 RossCreekNation
January 04 2010, 12:33PM

@Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things

:'-(

#7 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
January 04 2010, 12:34PM
RossCreekNation wrote:

:'-(

I'm sorry, RossCreek. It's nothing personal. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

#8 SirFozz
January 04 2010, 12:36PM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

251. Team Discovery Channel 521 -40

338. RossCreek Renegades 513 -48

*cough*245*cough*

#11 GSC
January 05 2010, 12:40AM

FYI, the beer tap used for the OilersNation logo in the picture above is none other than Yuengling Traditional Lager, pride of Pottsville, Pennsylvania.

One of the best beers I've ever had, it's a real commodity down here in the States - Yuengling only supplies to select states, the latest being West Virginia - and proof that not all American beers suck.

If you happen to make the trek to PA, do yourself a favour and grab a 24 of this stuff. It's a damned fine brew.

#12 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
January 05 2010, 06:58AM

@GSC

Do they serve Minnesota or North Dakota?

#14 yegCopywriter
January 05 2010, 09:35AM

Not only did Staal get me into the top 5, him remembering how to score goals is slowly helping the chances of Edmonton drafting Taylor Hall.

*runs off to purchase his Team Canada "Staal" jersey in appreciation*

#15 GSC
January 05 2010, 11:15AM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

Do they serve Minnesota or North Dakota?

My fellow Hip fan,

Nope, unfortunately they only distribute in the Atlantic/Southeastern US. It's kind of disappointing, but it makes getting the brew all the more worth the trip. The brewery expands its distribution one state at a time, I have a feeling that Ohio will be next.

Here's a map: http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

#16 GSC
January 05 2010, 11:18AM
The Towel Boy wrote:

As the Minister of Draught, I do believe I will have to sample this fine lager that you speak of. It is, after all, my job.

Quite the nice title to have, Minister of Draught. Regal, yet unpretentious. I like it!

I'm hoping to get back up to Edmonton next year (I've only been once), so I'll have to try and bring some with me for sampling by you fine ON gentlemen.

Wanye has already assured me that he'll show me an article-worthy good time when I return to E-Town...which is exciting, but scary at the same time.

#17 Wanye
January 05 2010, 05:57PM

That evening of fun is assured GSC.

That's what she said.