NationDraft Update: Send In The Cavalry

The Towel Boy
February 05 2010 10:12AM

Holy Schnikies!  Have you checked the Team 1260 NationDraft standings since our last update?!?   What the heck is going on over there!?

There has been a slight alteration of the Top 10, more specifically: the 1st Overall Position.  Also, by “slight” I mean HUGEGANTICUAN!!!!

That’s right people; somebody has called in the cavalry since our last update took place.  I suggest we put on our lab coats and get down to business and use some science to try and figure out what happened and, more importantly, how we can all learn from what appears to be NationDraft Mastery!

TEAM 1260 NATIONDRAFT UPDATE AS OF FEB 4/10

THE TOP TEN

1. Peniuk Pukes 806 0

2. Kevo91 793 -13

3. R Kenny's Killers 787 -19

4. Subaru Shooters 787 -19

5. Young Guns 787 -19

6. empaul 787 -19

7. get er done 786 -20

8. Calgary Sucks 783 -23

9. The G.O.A.T 783 -23

10. KAG 783 -23

As you can see the “Peniuk Pukes” have gone all in.  And by “all in” we mean they have employed the ancient Sun Tzu battle tactic of “Being the only NationDraft team to have Daniel Sedin in their lineup”.  I’m sure that was a chapter in “The Art of War”.  Yes, I’m positive it was.  A couple three point nights for Daniel since our last update has vaulted the “Peniuk Pukes” into stardom.  Kudos!

NATION PEEPS

I suppose you loyal Nation readers are chomping at the bit to find out how well you stack up against the rough and tumble Oilersnation crew.   Let's have a look:

93. Robin Brownlee                          747   -59

201. RossCreek Renegades           728   -78

369. Jason Gregor                            706 -100

457. Towel Boy Vs. Mothra             695 -111

610. The Pacinos                              672 -134

680. Bonsignore Citizens Brigade    661 -145

855. Lord Wanye's Steeds               601 -205

Would you look at Robin Brownlee's placing!  He was in 120th in our last NationDraft update.  I guess having a healthy Jason Spezza has really kicked RB into high gear.  Somebody better keep an eye on him.

WHO'S HOT

Well, as the intro to this update mentioned, Daniel Sedin has had himself quite a good couple of weeks.  Since our last update he has put up 13 points in 8 games.  Daaayyyyyuummm! Also, Robin Brownlee's steed, Jason Spezza, has put up some pretty decent numbers as well.  He has chalked up 8 points over 6 games since returning from injury on Jan 23rd.  Not too shabby.

Another player available in the NationDraft doing alright for himself is Steven Stamkos.  That little firecracker has 12 points in the last 7 games since our last update.  Yowza! Washington's Nicklas Backstrom is also rackin'em up of late.  A 5 point game last night gives him 14 points over the last 8 games.  He is helping out a few NationDraft teams!

Lastly, with a 4 point effort last night, LA's Anze Kopitar deserves a mention here.  Including last night's point feast he has put up 15 points over 8 games.  *swoon*

It seems all the players that should be putting up points for their teams are putting up points for their teams.

NATIONDRAFT TEAMS OF HONOURABLE MENTION

195. Puck Fronger                                    729 -77

Indeed!

247. The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers 722 -84

These guys travel from town to town putting on shows of dazzling feats of strength!  ...and they also participate in the NationDraft.

710. Power Thrust                                                  655 -151

Hahahaha ha hah..ahhhh.ha...  that's sick.

Well, I certainly hope the next couple weeks are as exciting as the last couple of weeks in the NationDraft.  Will Daniel Sedin go down and ruin the "Peniuk Pukes'" stranglehold on top spot?  We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Yours truly,

The Towel Boy

This message was written in accordance with the guidelines and rules set forth in the Charter of The Ministry of Drafts and is approved by the Minister of Draft.

56616bc412a09c53607f8b0162de222b
William (Towel) H. Boy is chairman of TB Corporation, the worldwide leader in internet usage, poker playing, hockey watching, video gaming, and beer drinking. TB Co. helps people and businesses realize their full potential. TB Co. had revenues of US$0.053 cents for the fiscal year ending June 2009, and employs more than 0.5 people in 1 country and/or region. He also enjoys the sexy ladies. Follow me on Twitter, if you dare: TheTowelBoy
#1 SirFozz
February 05 2010, 10:21AM

I love your weekly draft updates! Keep up the hard work.

#3 yegCopywriter
February 05 2010, 10:34AM

Mike Ribeiro. You are my only hope. Get well. Get points. Godspeed.

#4 SirFozz
February 05 2010, 10:40AM
The Towel Boy wrote:

I don't know where this misinformation of draft updates being "weekly" came from.

It's been semi-biweekly-plus-or-minus-2-to-9-days-or-whenever-I-get-around-to-it since we started this adventure.

So back up out my grill, son!

"Each week I'll try and summarize who's rocking and who apparently let me chose their picks."

Minister Towel Boy October 29 2009 06:26PM 'Those who can't do, report on it'

Game, set, match.

Boo-ya!

#5 Dan the Man
February 05 2010, 10:41AM

Now that Comrie is back I expect to skyrocket up from my current 551st placing.

#7 Eric Johnson
February 05 2010, 10:44AM

Omg, I am ahead of Brownlee.....

~who knows their hockey now!~

...I'm scared.....

#8 I'm a Scientist!
February 05 2010, 10:59AM

BEST...PICTURE....EVER.

NOTE: Not better than the ice girls pictures...but good none the less

#9 Dan the Man
February 05 2010, 11:19AM

No wonder Sedin's doing so well this year, he has a gun and rides a bear.

Katz should buy all of the Oilers guns and bears next year.

#11 MattL
February 05 2010, 12:27PM

Nobody's commenting on the best TSN headline ever, "Predators ink TOOTOO TO TWO-year contract extension."

Two funny.

#12 Eric Johnson
February 05 2010, 12:29PM

@MattL

Tootoo for 2, too good to be true.

#13 BUCK75
February 05 2010, 12:32PM

Sarah Jessica Parker's Face is tied with NeedSmid, bulinrulin, MD Rocks, Korruption, & Reapers with 743 points.

PS - nice pic - looks like the mural on my panel van

#14 Matty31
February 05 2010, 12:54PM

Rougeaus! That's me!!! Unfortunately I'm too far behind now.

#15 OvenChicken8 - Team JSBM
February 05 2010, 01:17PM

LOL! I have to say my favorite part of your updates TB is your honourable mention of clever team names! I cannot wait to see what names haven't been mentioned yet.

#16 Kaiser Wilhelm
February 05 2010, 01:35PM

Were you guys doing acid while you did the photoshop? It's like Lord of the Rings meets Enemy at the Gates meets a bad werewolf flick. In other words, keep up the great work.

#17 Travis Dakin
February 05 2010, 02:09PM
The Towel Boy wrote:

Don't forget his sword!

Man, the more I look at this picture the more I can't help but think of how helpless the enemy of those bear riders must feel as they see the oncoming terror charging towards them from within the forest!

I mean, it's bad enough that your enemy calls in reserve forces with guns and swords, but to have them call in reserve forces with guns and swords on BEARBACK! Terrifying!

I have to imagine that'd just truly suck out all of your will to fight.

HaHa bearback.... Ok man seriously, that picture is pure gold. You sir have slayed me.

#18 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
February 05 2010, 02:35PM

Figures you'd wait for BOTH BROWNLEE AND ROSSCREEK to pass me in the standings before posting an update.

#19 Bucknuck
February 05 2010, 02:43PM

93. Robin Brownlee 747 -59

201. RossCreek Renegades 728 -78

258. Bucknuck 721 -85

369. Jason Gregor 706 -100

457. Towel Boy Vs. Mothra 695 -111

610. The Pacinos 672 -134

680. Bonsignore Citizens Brigade 661 -145

855. Lord Wanye's Steeds 601 -205

C'mon Comrie and Riberio. You gotta get me ahead of Rosscreek. I can't let a Calgary fan beat me.

And "Lord Wanye", your steed is lacking some pretty important equipment.

#20 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
February 05 2010, 02:45PM
Bucknuck wrote:

93. Robin Brownlee 747 -59

201. RossCreek Renegades 728 -78

258. Bucknuck 721 -85

369. Jason Gregor 706 -100

457. Towel Boy Vs. Mothra 695 -111

610. The Pacinos 672 -134

680. Bonsignore Citizens Brigade 661 -145

855. Lord Wanye's Steeds 601 -205

And "Lord Wanye", your steed is lacking some pretty important equipment.

226. Team Discovery Channel 725 -81

#21 Bucknuck
February 05 2010, 03:00PM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

226. Team Discovery Channel 725 -81

What!?

An ogden is in front of me?

Oh man! Comrie - eat your Prostars buddy!

#22 jeanshorts
February 05 2010, 03:00PM

So I'm in 680th place. That's out of 9 billion though right? And not 700? So if you look at it that way I'm doing really well, right? I need some positive reinforcement here!

#23 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
February 05 2010, 03:03PM
Bucknuck wrote:

What!?

An ogden is in front of me?

Oh man! Comrie - eat your Prostars buddy!

I've got him, too. Comrie alone isn't going to be enough to pass me.

#24 Bucknuck
February 05 2010, 03:22PM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

I've got him, too. Comrie alone isn't going to be enough to pass me.

Ribeiro and Iggy better get their stinky on and get some points.

#25 Oilitsinyoutogive
February 05 2010, 05:06PM

Power thrust should have been Powerthirst.....one of the best videos on Youtube. If you have not seen it i suggest you check it out. You will have babies....400 babies.

#26 RossCreekNation
February 05 2010, 09:23PM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

TESTIFY!!

#27 Eddie Shore
February 05 2010, 10:43PM

138. JohnnyDrama 738 -68

No love for Vinny Chase's big bro??

#28 Dan the Man
February 06 2010, 09:36AM

Is it just me or are other people having issues viewing the "Fear and Loathing" thread?

#29 Eric Johnson
February 06 2010, 11:59AM

internets are broken

#30 Eric Johnson
February 06 2010, 12:00PM

***jabs internets trolls, and smacks computer alla the Fonz***

internet? Hello?