Lineup Changes For Tomorrow

Jonathan Willis
April 01 2010 02:08PM

Associate coach Tom Renney announced some line shuffling today for tomorrow's game against the Dallas Stars, and with all the injuries up front the good news is that the Oilers will be adding some size to their forward corps.

74b7cedc5d8bfbe88cf071309e98d2c3
#1 David S
April 01 2010, 02:22PM

Wait. What?

Ohhhhhhh...

#2 Heavyd
April 01 2010, 02:34PM

Finally a good move by this team.

#3 FS
April 01 2010, 02:36PM

LMAO!!!!

#4 WizCo
April 01 2010, 02:38PM

A good tan all over one's goalie body always helps.

#5 Twiggs
April 01 2010, 02:40PM

dumb

#6 Ender
April 01 2010, 02:46PM

"I mean, it can't be that hard, right?"

Priceless.

#7 Kizz
April 01 2010, 02:48PM

April Fools... i love the potulny part on the website

#8 Bucknuck
April 01 2010, 02:48PM
Ender wrote:

"I mean, it can't be that hard, right?"

Priceless.

I think they did a good job.

#9 Chaz
April 01 2010, 02:49PM

Hilarious. Struddy deserves a new contract based on the 'tanned' comment alone...

#10 Jamie B.
April 01 2010, 02:54PM

The joke is dumb but the video's funny. Who knew we had such good actors on the team.

#11 Lofty
April 01 2010, 02:56PM

Hey POS... He can't do much worse than you have!

#12 David S
April 01 2010, 03:08PM
Jamie B. wrote:

I had a feeling we were watching the WWE this year. Who knows. This team might be the greatest bunch of actors in pro sports.

#13 Kizz
April 01 2010, 03:12PM
David S wrote:

They should focus a little less on acting and more on actually playing hockey they have had the whole year off

That was pretty funny. In all seriousness however, who does Moreau think he is in a comment he made earlier today "I assume I'm playing. There's no reason why I wouldn't be." Honestly this is why this guy is the worst captain in oilers history, he doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself! There is a good reason for him not to play, because he is the most selfish and useless player on this hockey team.

#15 Garett
April 01 2010, 03:28PM

I would not have allowed april fools joking around today if I were owner, the team has been enough of a joke all year long, we don't need any more such sillyness. Oh, and for sale is my fully authentic signed Ethan Moreau Jersey, bidding starts at $100, that is I will pay you the $100 to take the disgraceful item off my hands!

#16 tricksnard
April 01 2010, 03:29PM

I'd keep struds as a bottom pairing defenceman for years just for his comments in these little segments.

#17 Jamie B.
April 01 2010, 03:32PM
David S wrote:

Yeah, I have to admit O'Sullivan's delivery made me think, "Oh, that's how he's answered to the media all year with a straight face."

#18 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
April 01 2010, 03:34PM
Garett wrote:

I think you're a little off-track. Working in insurance, I was privy to a lot of conversation about the whole AIG debacle, and people said similar things about the management:

"How dare they have a Christmas party when they're that close to going belly-up!"

"My tax dollars are being mis-managed because they can still afford to give their employees bonuses."

The fact of the matter is that - even when a company is struggling, there's something to be said for 'business as usual'. If you turn around and tell your employees they're not getting Christmas bonuses/parties, they're going to quit and go to some place that treats them right.

Similarly, if the Oilers turn around and tell their players that they can't have fun because they suck at hockey, they're going to end up with people refusing to sign or requesting a trade to a team that treats them well.

#19 Dan the Man
April 01 2010, 03:43PM

This is hilarious until you realize that Dubnyk probably wouldn't be any worse that O'Sullivan right now.

#20 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
April 01 2010, 03:44PM
Dan the Man wrote:

I was thinking Deslauriers might have been a better fit if they were looking for some sandpaper. Who was it that got in his kitchen awhile back and ended up with a blocker to the chin?

#21 DDP
April 01 2010, 03:46PM

Oilers are going all out. Check out who's listed as 2C on the Oilers Depth Chart...

#24 Adam D
April 01 2010, 04:01PM

I liked Gilbert's caption.

"Intrigued".

#25 jeanshorts
April 01 2010, 04:04PM

Despite all their horrible faults, it's nice to see the Oilers are still amazing at rattling off vague quotes with a straight face, no matter what they're talking about.

#26 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
April 01 2010, 04:08PM
jeanshorts wrote:

"With Dubnyk up there we're just going to keep getting pucks to net, take it 1 shift at a time. We just have to keep our feet moving. We've got him slotted in at 2C coming out of training camp in the fall, but we need a little more time to assess the situation."

#27 Dan the Man
April 01 2010, 04:16PM
Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things wrote:

I'm torn on who I prefer betweeen JDD and DD but I like JDD's fire, he's definitely a competitor.

#28 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
April 01 2010, 04:22PM
Dan the Man wrote:

If cooking counts for anything, JDD's got the edge there too.

#29 Chris.
April 01 2010, 04:47PM

Memo to Allan Watt:

The absolute only way I will order tomorrows PPV is if Dubnyk actually does skate at center.

#30 Pajamah
April 01 2010, 05:20PM

Any insight on the Oilers interest in that Finnish goalie?

Can he be signed anytime, will it be in the offseason? Do the Oil have much of a shot at the guy

#31 Biowolf
April 01 2010, 06:12PM

That´s really funny. Makes up for a lot of grief. I say: Go Oilers`for the first time this season.

#32 Jon
April 01 2010, 06:21PM

hahahaha I think he's probably one of the top 20 guys on our team that could do it...Strudwick is hilarious

#33 Samwise
April 01 2010, 06:36PM
DDP wrote:

take it one step further and click on both Potulny and Dubnyk to see their 'stats'..

#34 MattL
April 01 2010, 10:39PM

Yeah, they all did pretty well, but Struds ("I've always told Potulny he has a great goalie body") was golden. Best piece of Oilers website content I've seen... ever?

I don't like Renney that much as a coach, but:

"I WILL take credit for it [...] I'm excited about the fact that I'm actually the one that came up with this idea."

Killer.

#35 David S
April 01 2010, 11:06PM

Strudwick on Potulney in goal: "He's probably one of the top 20 guys on our team who can do it."

Total deadpan delivery. Brilliant.

#36 Jeremy
April 02 2010, 01:04AM

This video tells me that Struds is the next coach after the 2 headed monster is gone.

#37 oilerzz
April 02 2010, 01:33AM
Ender wrote:

"I mean, it can't be that hard, right?"

Priceless.

i had a good laugh over that as well .. at least they had some fun with April Fools