Oilers Vs. Ducks Highlights: Sweet Release

Jonathan Willis
April 12 2010 12:40AM

Edmonton Oilers: 2

Anaheim Ducks: 7

Thank goodness it's over.

74b7cedc5d8bfbe88cf071309e98d2c3
#51 Reagan
April 12 2010, 10:34AM

I don't ever recall bashing the Management team other than Laforge, with just cause. LOL

#52 Archaeologuy
April 12 2010, 10:36AM

@RossCreekNation

I agree. How many times have we trashed Tambellini and Lowe? Turns out most of us who arent sheep were right about this management group. If Souray is telling the truth then it's even worse than we thought. Not only cant this group evaluate talent and put together winning teams, but they alienate and endanger the players that are actually here. This team doesnt have a bad reputation because spoiled players want to live by the beach, it has a bad rep because the people running the show are incompetent.

#53 Archaeologuy
April 12 2010, 10:39AM
Reagan wrote:

It almost makes me wonder if a hush order is put out by the Oilers Management.

If anything I would guess that Souray wasnt ready to go "on the record" about his issues until the season was over. I dont think the request to hold off came from the Oilers, but who knows.

#54 MrCondor
April 12 2010, 10:39AM

On the bright side, he was a UFA signing and if we get any sort of prospect or draft pick for him we are coming out better as a team in the long term.

On the dark side, no one will take on that salary without giving some back. My fear is that we will end up with expensive dead weight in order to get this move completed.

What's the status of Sourey's no trade clause? Can he pull a Heatley? Can we trade him to a team that's as far away from his family as possible to show him the same respect he just showed us?

I hear the Panthers are looking for a shake up....

#55 Jay
April 12 2010, 10:56AM

Back to last night's game. Pretty good game by JDD. Only 6 of the 7 goals were weak by my count.

He can sure make the hard saves. But wrist shot's from anywhere on the ice are his enemy.

Let's hope JDD is not with the big club next season and is the starter or backup in Oklahoma City.

DD has proven a lot more to me over the last 10-15 games then JDD has. Yes, DD had a terrible first 10 games but looked a lot more composed then JDD did to finish the season.