LATE PLAYOFF DRAFT BAD, RUSH STILL GOOD

Wanye
April 16 2010 12:26PM

Yes, the playoffs have already begun and the internet is awash of teams looking "to avoid being down 2-0 in their series." Yes, the best time to have launched a playoff draft would have been on Tuesday. But in true OilersNation "always a step behind but trying reeeeeeally reaally hard" fashion we present our OilersNation playoff draft sponsored by The Pint. So consider the fact that there has already been a game played our present to you.

And besides, the Playoff Draft is always a good time. The prizes? Massive. Number of entries in this our third draft season? Immense. The quality of team names we all have to think of to make our fellow Nations laugh heartily when they read the leaderboard? Amazing. And besides there are much crazier things happening than a playoff draft launching two days late. Jay-Z is suing Bo Sox slugger David Ortiz for heavens sake! Can things get any worse?

Sign up here for the Playoff Draft and try and beat our team the "Lindsay Lohan Death Watch Society."

Good luck to you and please accept our sincere apologies for the draft being so late starting. Remember, make sure you pick Milan Michalek of the Ottawa Senators. We don't know why, but we just have a feeling that this guy is going to have a hell of a playoffs this year.

RUSH STILL GOOD

Despite a loss last week against the Colorado Mammoth, the Edmonton Rush continue in their quest tonight to be "Edmonton's first playoff bound sports team since 1957." For an added bonus the Rush are playing the Calgary Roughnecks tonight, who must win to make the playoffs. Lose and they will go home losers, as everyone from Calgary already knows they are with the Flames recently missing the post season and Calgary being named "Most densely populated loser City" in a recent nation wide poll.

If we knew any of the Rush players and were able to interview someone we are sure they would say something like "as tonight's game is the final regular season match, we want to make sure we set the tone for the playoffs." Then we would roll our eyes and think "oh really? That's a surprising thing to say. Just hit us with some more of the usual platitudes we expect from athletes and we will wrap this interview up and get on with our life."

Seeing our mind wander, the imaginary Rush player would take exception to this veiled disrespectitude and would immediately smash us over the back with his lacrosse stick dealy before powerbombing us into the ground. That's how lacrosse players roll Nation, particularly the Edmonton Rush who are filled with swagger and confidence at the moment.

We just got off the phone with the Rush begging pitifully for more tickets to give away for tonight's game. Amazingly they have agreed to hook us up for a second game in a row. Therefore first 3 people to hit us up on the Wanye Mail at wanyegretz@gmail.com will be going to tonight's game in style - with tickets waiting at the roll call.

These games are seriously a good time and we have found ourselves caught up in the Rush Fever for several weeks now. This is infinitely more pleasurable than the time we caught scarlet fever and nearly a third of our fellow seventeenth century New England colonists died.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 416oil
April 16 2010, 12:50PM

#2 The Towel Boy
April 16 2010, 01:10PM

Holy crap! I'm in 3rd place in the pool! Suckit 4th place and down!!1!

...let me have my moment, alright?

#3 SirFozz
April 16 2010, 01:28PM
The Towel Boy wrote:

Holy crap! I'm in 3rd place in the pool! Suckit 4th place and down!!1!

...let me have my moment, alright?

Whatever. Go my team!

#4 Motel
April 16 2010, 01:35PM

Team Edible Urinal Pucks checking in. We start slow and finish quick. And our pool teams are also not very good.

#5 The Towel Boy
April 16 2010, 01:48PM

Ok, now I'm in fourth. At this rate I will be last by 3:32PM this afternoon. :(

#6 Ender
April 16 2010, 01:49PM

That Trololo mashup is straight madness covered in awesomesauce. My Friday is complete.

#7 Archaeologuy
April 16 2010, 01:50PM

Archaeolodraft has been entered. It's pretty much a lock that the Colorado, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver will be shut out every night now.

#8 BUCK75
April 16 2010, 01:51PM

STEVE HOLT!!! in the house.

#9 Dean
April 16 2010, 01:53PM

Wayne,

You are correct, the Rush games are a blast. Me and my boys have went to the last three and it's been fun. I hate Calgary, to tonight should be even better, plus eight of the dancers are hot, the other four should be cut, but at least they have cheerleaders.

#10 SirFozz
April 16 2010, 01:55PM

Eeeek, every time I refresh I'm further down the draft list. Curse on you Steve Holt!

#11 OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F
April 16 2010, 01:58PM
Dean wrote:

Wayne,

Hey Dean, how many people do you expect at the game tonight?

#12 BUCK75
April 16 2010, 02:03PM

@SirFozz

STEVE HOLT!!!

#13 OilFan
April 16 2010, 02:11PM

OCL.pipe-dreams. Thanks for the hockey pool Wayne. Mad Props. Good luck to everyone

#14 Reagan
April 16 2010, 02:12PM

Since when did Edmonton get lacrosse team?

I'm kidding...

GLR

#15 Heavyd
April 16 2010, 02:25PM

comrie doing the "Duff". Thats my name.

#16 Michele
April 16 2010, 02:30PM

Rush games are awesome. My gfs and I are all going to check them out tonight. I challenge all the men on here who have not been to a game before, to get out and support this team! Go Rush Go!

#17 David S
April 16 2010, 02:33PM

Oh god. Yet another Nation draft absolutely guaranteed to suck any remaining feeling of self worth from my soul.

Must. Resist. Draft.

*Knowing he'll give in, contemplates idiotic draft team name for the rest of the day*

#18 SirFozz
April 16 2010, 02:38PM
David S wrote:

Must. Resist. Draft.

How 'bout Team David S. Bahahahahahaha....just keeding. :)

#19 Robin Brownlee
April 16 2010, 02:40PM

A playoff draft after most of the first-round series have started? Derrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'll take the Kings in four games over Vancouver . . . This joint is Pud Pull City.

And did we even get around to publishing the results of the regular season draft yet? Knuckleheads.

#20 Team Dean
April 16 2010, 02:46PM

Papa Brownlee smashed you good Wanye, ooooooohhhh snap. The only draft I'm worried about screwing up is the "We have already decided on Seguin" draft coming up after Hall wins the Memorial Cup whilst standing on his head eating a banana recanting 'I love Edmonton, I love Edmonton'" draft.

#21 SkinnyD
April 16 2010, 02:57PM

Screw Hall and Seguin. It's about time this team drafted a hot girl.

#22 Robin Brownlee
April 16 2010, 02:59PM
SkinnyD wrote:

Screw Hall and Seguin. It's about time this team drafted a hot girl.

Draft Hall and Seguin. It's about time this team screwed a hot girl. FIXED.

#23 The Towel Boy
April 16 2010, 03:04PM
Robin Brownlee wrote:

It was well documented who won the draft in my season end NationDraft wrap-u...oh F***!

Winners were notified by messenger fox.

#24 SkinnyD
April 16 2010, 03:05PM

@Robin Brownlee

Many thanks, good sir.

#25 Travis Dakin
April 16 2010, 03:08PM

POWERBOMB!!!!

#26 I'm a Scientist!
April 16 2010, 03:10PM

Nancy McKeon's Private Whipping Boy is going to take all of you down. We take a whippin and keep on tickin...

What's that? Already NINE points behind? What the...

#27 Robin Brownlee
April 16 2010, 03:10PM
The Towel Boy wrote:

Winners were notified by messenger fox.

How can that happen? . . . Can you tie your own shoes yet or are you wearing tard velcro straps?

#28 Hemmertime
April 16 2010, 03:19PM

@Robin Brownlee

I thought the new special shoe was Crocs. I know anyone wearing them in public at least looks retarded.

#29 The Towel Boy
April 16 2010, 03:35PM
Robin Brownlee wrote:

How can what happen? Messenger foxes? I don't know how they're trained exactly. I think they're raised from pups. But I don't really know, it's Wanye's department.

As for my shoes, I have my mom tie them once and then I leave them tied up and just slide my feet right in.

#30 jeanshorts
April 16 2010, 03:36PM

Ummmmmmm, I believe it's "Will Call" not roll call.

*continues being super elitist and pretending I'm smarter and better than everyone else*

#31 David S
April 16 2010, 03:40PM
SirFozz wrote:

How 'bout Team David S. Bahahahahahaha....just keeding. :)

At that point, humiliation would be guaranteed.

#32 Ender
April 16 2010, 03:54PM

Colonel Eldrick V. Towel Boy wrote:

Winners were notified by messenger fox.

That was a messenger? I hope they're not expensive.

[burp]

You should really look into labelling those things.

#33 smiliegirl15
April 16 2010, 05:07PM

Damn peer pressure! I'm in too!!!

Instead of Colonel Eldrick V. Towel Boy he should be Towel Whipping Boy! ~

#34 Chickenplucker
April 16 2010, 05:22PM

Searching for Seguin: A Love Story

#35 Jamie B.
April 16 2010, 09:51PM

Damn it, Wanye, the Rush have lost both games since you started talking them up. JINX~

#36 StrangePhD
April 16 2010, 09:52PM

So...talking with my girlfriend about how poorly the Oil did this year. "Yeah, they only won 27 games!" She asks how many they played. We won 27 out of 82 games...ugh, at least I can cheer for Chicago now...those guys better pull their weight in the draft...

#37 OilFan
April 16 2010, 10:07PM

@StrangePhD

lol. Not tonight

#38 OilFan
April 16 2010, 11:12PM

Andy Sutton delivered one of the hardest clean hits I have see. Wow.

#39 DoubleJ
April 16 2010, 11:31PM

I'm watching the SJ game, I have a question.

Why would the NHL not put sensors in the puck? Why do we need all these camera angles trying to see if the puck crosses the line? A sensor in the puck would tell everyone where the puck is. If it's across the line the red light goes off. Simple. It makes no sense.

#40 Hemmertime
April 17 2010, 02:32AM

@DoubleJ

Smartest idea , yet simplest idea, Ive ever heard. If they can do it for Americans to follow they can do it for goal judge

#41 RossCreekNation
April 17 2010, 10:04AM

@ Wanye

Remember that time (last week) where you emailed me to tell me I won Rush tickets... you remember that?

That was awesome...

...Except the part where you emailed me at 5:00 for a 7:00 game... because since I hadn't heard back from you the previous day, I went ahead and bought tix and was sitting at Original Joe's in Sherwood Park by 5:00 for a pre-game meal. It was quite awesome to get home after the game only to find out that I had won free tix.

Oh wells.... it was a good time. Having played minor hockey with Jimmy Quinlan for a couple years (over a decade ago), its quite cool watching him in Rexall.

#42 SkinnyD
April 17 2010, 10:54AM
DoubleJ wrote:

I'm watching the SJ game, I have a question.

Umm...a little expensive?

#43 David S
April 17 2010, 11:43AM

-22 out of the gate. This cannot end well.