PHOTOSHOP IV: L'IL NUGIE

Wanye
November 05 2011 03:12PM

Holy smokes. Not only are the Oilers on absolute fire but so are the entrants in the fourth installment of the photoshop contest. At first we were only going to allow 10 finalists but 31 seperate people entered the thing!

Unbelievable - doesn't anyone work anymore?

Thankfully no.

ENTRY 1: ANGIE AND NUGIE

Imagine Angelina Jolie had birthed the Nuge so many years ago? Not only would he be a straight gangster pimp on the ice, but his father would be Tyler Durden off the ice. No offense to his real Earth parents, but that would be awesome.

ENTRY 2: ASTRONUGE

When this entry came in we had to run to imdb.com to see if there had actually been a movie released called Astro Nuge. This poster is insane and the movie - which we assume is very much real and very much on its way to a theatre near you - is going to be radical.

Amazing entry.

ENTRY 3: BABY NUGIE NUGE

See THIS is the kind of entry we had envisioned when we thought up the new contest. Look at them l'il pigtails! Look at the Cabbage Patch doll he is hauling around! EEEEEEE!

ENTRY 4: BIEBERNUGE

Obviously anything that ties the Nuge to the Biebs has us at hello. Justin Bieber is only a single year younger than RNH as our memory serves, which should put this whole age thing in scary perspective for us all.

ENTRY 5: COREY POTTER

These kids are all little wizards led by Corey Potter of late and the glasses on Eberle's face are classic and Hall looks so fetching with his mop of brown hair that we had to include it among the finalists. Classic.

ENTRY 6: FULL HOUSE

This is just hilarious. Look at DJ Tanner-Hall! Look at the Nuge as Michelle! Bonus points for leaving Stamos untouched too. Our sides hurt from laughing at this photo for the past hour.

ENTRY 7: DRIVE TIME!

Not only is this one part hilarity and one part diabetes-causing sweet but there are bonus points for including a Jordan Eberle autograph on the stick Nugie is holding to get in our good books. This worked and we should all take note of that trick for future entries.

Smytty probably does bundle the Nuge into the van to take him to the airport for road trips. And once he wakes from his nap in the opposing City he is full of energy to destroy whomever he chooses on the ice. Well played Poppa Smyth. That's some damn fine parenting.

ENTRY 8: LOOK WHO'S SCORING

Epic comparisons to legendary NHL players? Check. Reference to 80s classic flick Look who's talking. Check. Yes, this will work nicely.

ENTRY 9: HALL AND NUGE

All the modifications to this classic picture are awesome. Nuge as Gary Coleman is brilliant. Taylor Hall as the Moose is awesome. And Brownlee making sure everything is legit is almost too much to bear. This is just a great entry.

ENTRY 10: SEASON TWO

This baby is ready to go as a saleable poster. If you temporarily forget that George Lucas would sue the living hell out of the Oilers for about 15 copyright infringements of course. Stupid George Lucas, always getting in the way of good Oilers posters.

ENTRY 11: PAMPERS

RNH's agent should take note of a potential endorsement deal here. Nugent-Hopkins brand pampers would fly off the shelves in Edmonton netting the agent 10% of what would have to be hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.

ENTRY 12: THE MANY FISTS OF THE NUGE

This entry is not only funny as all hell but bonus points are awarded for suggesting that a shopping trip with your ol' pal Wanye and RNH would result in him dressing with the flair of a 1920s pimp. At Halloween. If his costume was "stereotypical pimp." That is exactly how we would suggest he dress.

VOTING

As always the winner of the Photoshop Contest will receive a catered lunch for 10 from our friends at Oodle Noodle. If the winner doesn't live in Edmonton we will mail him or her 10 orders of Oodle Noodle in a tupperware container. It may arrive cold and inedible, but we can't help but think you should have thought of that before you lived somewhere other than Edmonton.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Wax Man Riley
November 05 2011, 03:15PM

OMG!! All are so fistin' funny!!

I looove Drive Time!

#3 Archaeologuy
November 05 2011, 03:21PM

Something about Drive Time speaks to me. Smyth making sure little Nugey is safe in the back seat rings true. It gets my vote.

#4 Quinn the Eskimo
November 05 2011, 03:26PM

My props go to entry 7, 'Drive Time', because it says so much so quickly, but that was a hard decision because THEY ARE ALL SO EFFIN' GOOD! Also, that foot-in-mouth pic at the top?: disturbing and funny at the same time. Wow. Just wow. Great work everybody!

#5 Travis Dakin
November 05 2011, 03:49PM

Ok wow. Some of you people have crazy good imaginations. Every time I scrolled down to the next one I thought it was definitely going to be the winner. They are all hilarious.

#6 David S
November 05 2011, 03:50PM

Astro Nuge is quality. Season 2 is pretty solid as well. Drive Time lacks finesse but is on point!

#7 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
November 05 2011, 03:53PM

Winner is DRIVE TIME

Buckle me in good Smytty

#WINNING AIN'T EASY

#8 Jordan Nugent-Hallkins
November 05 2011, 03:53PM

Corey Potter!

Ebs' gameface looks like he's a little tipsy off Rexall beers, and he just realized how much he paid for them.

#9 book¡e
November 05 2011, 03:54PM

Wanye - You should post the other 20 or so - just so we can see them.

THese are brilliant!

#10 Jerk Store
November 05 2011, 03:54PM

Smytty bundling RNH into the carseat has the sense of realism and humor that are hard to beat, but there have to be bonus points for including a legitimate picture of Brownlee into the contest. First legitimate Hatty is good too. But overall the car seat photo is the best.

#11 book¡e
November 05 2011, 03:56PM

Also, I think its about time for another Photoshop contest!

#12 ubermiguel
November 05 2011, 04:11PM

Every time Potter scores a goal or assist I yell "Point for Gryffindor!" Yeah I'm an epic nerd.

#13 ItsTheBGB
November 05 2011, 04:18PM

entries 12, 10, 7, 6, 4 and 2 all should win!!!

#14 m3sh
November 05 2011, 04:22PM

Cannot stop laughing at the Full House still stamos. Makings of a classic.

#15 Bucknuck
November 05 2011, 04:30PM

I gotta give it to entry 7 - how sweet it is!

#16 BUCK75
November 05 2011, 04:31PM

Astro Nuge is my pick. Props to whomever created the moose/nuge picture. I was howling when I saw Brownlee's mug in the picture. Although points were lost when I noticed RNH's hands were black.

#17 Petr's Jofa
November 05 2011, 04:32PM

Damn it Wanye, I feel like a kid who has eaten all of his Halloween candy already. So good, now sooo sad that it's gone.

Thanks to TV and the internet I no longer have the attention span to remember all 12 photoshop pictures. Next time you need to divide the contest entrants into multiple blogs, have a drawn out playoff system, and milk it for all it's worth.

#18 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
November 05 2011, 04:36PM

All so good! Too hard to choose! Drive Time by a nose....?!

#19 BingBong
November 05 2011, 04:56PM

Biebernuge made me laugh. Gets my vote.

#21 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
November 05 2011, 05:13PM

Drive time is my vote

#22 BArmstrong
November 05 2011, 05:13PM

Astro Nuge is quality work. Drive Time is good. But Full House is really, really funny.

I'm torn - great work people!

#23 BArmstrong
November 05 2011, 05:21PM

I just noticed the "NUGE" knuckle ring on RNH's FIST - nice touch.

#24 Talbot17
November 05 2011, 05:41PM

i dont think i have laughed so hard in a long time, they are all solid but DRIVE TIME is my favorite

Like arch said, something about BIG RYAN strapping his LITTLE RYAN in is hilarious, maybe between periods he helps change LIL' NUGE'S DIAPERS TOO

Astro Nuge is insane that actually looks like a movie

i pissed myself when i saw Corey Potter lol at first i didnt know that was EBS face!

#25 book¡e
November 05 2011, 06:25PM

The Oilers must get wind of these, right - some friend of RNH must be sending him this link. I sure hope so. These are two awesome not to be appreciated by RNH and more importantly, by his team-mates.

#26 Smokey
November 05 2011, 06:46PM

My wife could not stop laughing at the full house one. Leaving Stamos in there makes it killer. I'm saddened by the lack of DP pics. And everyone has seemed to forget our three best players Whitney, Hemsky, and Khabby.

#28 buttermilkbiscuits
November 05 2011, 07:24PM

Gotta go with the last one.. "the many fists of the nuge" Nice looking hattrick

#29 ButtermilkBiscuitsAKAoilers2k10
November 05 2011, 07:25PM

That last one has got me lol-ing the weirdest I've lol-ed all week long

#30 Romulus' Apotheosis
November 05 2011, 07:32PM

#7 Drive Time... but Full House is a close second... What is amazing about Full House is not only is Stamos the same, but the double down of writing it in, like over explaining a joke, just kills it!! awesome! and Horcoff's giant forehead... oh man!

#31 Harlie
November 05 2011, 07:42PM

this is good on soo many levels.

Entry #9 Hall and Nuge MUHAHAhahahahaahahahahaaha! Check out the hands ;)

Props to Astro Nuge too, that's some well done ish.

#32 RyanCoke
November 05 2011, 09:01PM

Awesome pics. Love 7 though that is the best.

#33 Jimmeh
November 05 2011, 10:59PM

10, 7, and 2.

#34 Quinn the Eskimo
November 06 2011, 12:00AM

Having read the comments and taken another long look, I gotta say, 'AstroNuge' is some damn fine editing: nice shading work on the Nuge's face to blend in with the actual poster. So cool. Dead heat with Drive Time but in two different sub-categories. Which means I CAN'T CHOOSE! Dammit.

#35 David S
November 06 2011, 01:55AM

I'd also like to add that "Hall and Nuge" may not win, but is clearly under-rated. Nice blending skillz and solid idea. Props to whoever pulled this one off. *

*I should know because I work with these idiots... er...geniuses every day.

#36 EvanAllTogether
November 06 2011, 12:12PM

My favourite part of "Hall And Nuge" is that RNH still has Gary Coleman's hands. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it's hilarious none the less.

#37 treblecharger
November 06 2011, 03:30PM

Every single one of these is brilliant!! Way to go Nation peeples!!!

#38 book¡e
November 06 2011, 04:42PM

The black hands were intentional. It was a bit of a tribute to Gary C and also in case there was anyone who kinda recognized the scene, but needed that one little reminder about who in the original picture.

Funnily enough, I actually made RNH's face black at one point, but something about that didn't seem politically correct. It did look awesome though.

The one thing I wished I had done was write 94 on Gary C's notepad - that would have been awesome.

#39 Max Powers - Team HME Evans
November 07 2011, 07:50AM

What a goddamn thing to wake up to on a sweet sweet Monday morning. Nothing better than looking for a reason to avoid work and stumbling upon these gems.

If I have to pick a winner, it is #7 but you're all winners in my book!

#40 Derle_earl