Nation Radio - February 19, 2011

NationRadio
March 03 2011 11:38AM

We have had some pretty positive reviews of NationRadio to date. Many folks are shocked at how awesome Lowetide sounds on the old radiola and others still are shocked that NationHQ was able to stitch this baby together.

Well prepare to have your collective pants blown off by Episode II.

Segment 1

Talking to Jim Hughson about the Heritage Classic and fond recollections from days gone by.

Segment 2

Discussing the Atlanta Thrashers successes and the trades leading up to the Trade Deadline.

Segment 3

Chris Vivlamore from the Atlanta Journal Constitution dissecting the Thrashers Franchise from bow to stern.

Segment 4

Gabriel Desjardins from behindthenet.ca talks advanced analytics and their impact on the game among things.

Segment 5

Lowetide looks ahead to the 2012 draft, discusses the genius of Stu Macgregor.

Segment 6

Dustin Nielson from the Team 1260 discusses the World's Longest Hockey game.

Full Podcast

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 OilDrop
March 03 2011, 11:41AM

I was going to Fist this then decided that's disgusting.

#2 Wanye
March 03 2011, 11:42AM
OilDrop wrote:

I was going to Fist this then decided that's disgusting.

Prudent judgement is one of the hallmarks of NationRadio listeners. Well played.

#3 OilDrop
March 03 2011, 11:49AM

I try my best when the opportunity arises.

On another note, I had never actually sat down and listened to NationRadio, due to my only dialing in to AM when the Sacred Oil are chasing the puck.

Great stuff, I've got hours to kill today and two of those hours just got filled.

#4 DIAMOND
March 03 2011, 11:51AM

Boys Can you do a segment on Sleepers in the draft ? We all know who the top 5 are but there must be sleepers...Review the top 31 , Some of these kids are going to wear Copper and Blue.

#5 Wanye
March 03 2011, 11:52AM
OilDrop wrote:

I try my best when the opportunity arises.

Excellent to hear OilDrop. Hear that society?? Three less hours of production from another citizen.

*lies back in bed, lights a satisified cigarette*

#6 OilDrop
March 03 2011, 11:54AM

@DIAMOND

Exactly, with the L.A. pick probably coming later in the round I'd like to know a little bit more about the players most likely going in the latter 15 of the First Round.

#7 OilDrop
March 03 2011, 11:56AM

Hooray for lack of productivity! I need all the rest I can get to you know... watch the boys play tonight.

I'll err... do something... tomorrow

#8 Next up, is Connor McJesus.
March 03 2011, 12:17PM

Is Nation Radio anything like the Finer Things club on The Office?

Oiler ballcaps part of the suitable attire?

#9 DIAMOND
March 03 2011, 12:39PM
OilDrop wrote:

Lets hope L.A. Chokes down the stretch. I know they got a heck of alot slower. Say what you want people think We got hosed in the Trade. We will see. Penner has reached his potential. You cant teach grit. Sorry Dusty, Enjoy getting Fat in L.A. and watching Taylor make you look like a pylon as he flies by you.

Looking forward to Tuebert myself. Lets hear about the other in the draft, i know enough of RNH, AL, SC...And my choice for first Landeskog...

#10 freeze
March 03 2011, 02:10PM

The thing that really chaps me about 1260 is how loud the intros and commercials are compared to the content.

I really enjoyed the Gabriel Desjardins interview. Great work again, lowetide!

#11 Mustafa Hirji
March 04 2011, 05:33AM

Are there plans to load these onto iTunes?

- Mustafa Hirji