NATION RADIO - MAY 22, 2011

NationRadio
May 21 2011 04:51PM

This early posted edition goes out to our good friend -30- in the commentary. To say that -30- has been all over our jock about posting NationRadio late in the week would be an understatement. Telling us off directly, going over our head and appealing to Lowetide. He has made complaints via every channel. Well played.

And so this Episode of NationRadio is dedicated to -30-. She's up bright and early for you Sir. To everyone else - this Japanese "music video" that our main man @ounyea tweeted at us earlier goes out to you.

Segment 1

Dustin Nielson from the Team 1260 Morning Show drops in to give us all a look behind the velvet rope at his draft nerdiness. It's intense and stretches back for years. Nielson also talks top players and his experiences as a MSM at the Draft.

Segment 2

Matt Bugg from DobberHockey.com - outlines what is involved in preparing the Dobber Hockey Prospects Report where over 100 players are profiled for the annual NHL Entry Draft. Bugg also discusses the 2011 Entry Draft including players who might make a big move up the charts and who might fall down the list.

Segment 3

Lowetide recaps the news of the week and reads NationRadio listeners emails.

Segment 4

Matt Fenwick from Battle of Albera blog talks about Calgary's plans for the 2011 Entry Draft. Lowetide also taunts Fenwick telling him that "Winnipeg is only going to make it harder for Calgary to compete in the Western Conference" and then brings the arena into it.

Segment 5

Kirk Ludeke from Bruins Draft Watch is forced to give an interview during the 2nd Intermission of the Bruins-Bolts game following a stunning collapse by his squadron. Lowetide steers the conversation expertly to the 2011 Entry Draft and the emergence of Ryan Nugent Hopkins as the consensus #1 pick.

Segment 6

Lowetide discusses the Oilers fortunes when they have selected defensemen in the first round at the NHL Entry Draft.

Full Podcast

FINAL NOTE

This week's episode marks the launch of a NationRadio twitter account. @itsnationradio will allow Lowetide and Guests to interact with listeners in almost real time. During the rest of the week we will be tweeting segments of the show and discussing guests for the coming week and taking questions.

This was the first time Lowetide had seen Twitter live. It was quite epic to be present.

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 Robin Brownlee
May 21 2011, 04:55PM

What is this about Dustin Nielson claiming to be a member of the MSM?

#2 Wanye
May 21 2011, 05:23PM
Robin Brownlee wrote:

What is this about Dustin Nielson claiming to be a member of the MSM?

Speaking of MSM gracing NationRadio with their presence - will you ever come regularly on the show Lord Brownlee?

#3 jnewton91
May 21 2011, 05:24PM

Nation radio up the same day as it airs? Awesome. Thanks for doing this.

#4 treblecharger
May 21 2011, 05:34PM

Hey guys...each segment is exactly the same, the opening show segment. Ya might wanna fix that!

#5 Wanye
May 21 2011, 05:46PM
treblecharger wrote:

FIXED!!!!!

#6 friday the FISTeenth
May 21 2011, 05:46PM

In addition to the above conundrum...the "pocast" refuses to be transferred to my "ipod". "Thanks"

#7 friday the FISTeenth
May 21 2011, 05:47PM

Pip Pip!

#8 friday the FISTeenth
May 21 2011, 05:51PM

Gag me with a spoon it still does not work on the ipod machine! I want my money back.

#9 -30-
May 21 2011, 06:59PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

#10 @Oilanderp
May 21 2011, 07:23PM

Why in GODS NAME would anyone purposely post that japanese video? I feel like i've just had a bleach enema IN MY EYES!!!!! It took me until about a minute in of mashing on the keyboard in blindness until it finally shut off!

COME ON!

And thanks for the timely Nation Radio post.

P.S. It's past 6pm here in BC and I am still alive. After seeing a bit of that video I almost regret it.

#11 Richard Cloutier
May 21 2011, 07:26PM

Just wanted to say I've been listening to the radio show...think it's the best of the best on Team 1260. Excellent stuff today.

#12 Wanye
May 21 2011, 08:09PM
friday the FISTeenth wrote:

You cannot right click the player and download the show? You see I am a blackberry man and wouldn't dream of doing something so cheeky like 'listen to the radio' with it.

Hmm.

#13 Wanye
May 21 2011, 08:26PM
@Oilanderp wrote:

COME ON!

And thanks for the timely Nation Radio post.

That was the video that was supposed to shield us all from rapture.

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE

#14 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
May 21 2011, 08:37PM

The video is of poor quality shame on you Wayne! Why I can not even tell which one is Daniel and which one is Henrik!

#15 friday the FISTeenth
May 21 2011, 08:59PM

this so called blackberry sounds interesting. I have downloaded every single episode so far and placed them in itunes for safe keeping. I want my offspring listening to these episodes while they are enjoying the Oil dynasty V2 so they know that Jordan Eberle did not used to lift the stanley cup every year. Point being, this episode is not compatible with itunes.

#16 rubbertrout
May 21 2011, 10:05PM

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

POP POP.

SQUEE.

I might be drunk.

#17 book¡e
May 21 2011, 11:20PM

Yatta!

Wow, the internet is starting to seem old - it was years ago when this thing went viral (before viral meant viral).

#18 Wanye
May 22 2011, 01:32AM
rubbertrout wrote:

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

POP POP.

SQUEE.

I might be drunk.

Now isn't this nice.

I GUARANTEE I'M DRUNK

Trololol indeed.

#19 David S
May 22 2011, 01:51PM

That video hurt my brain.

*Swears to NEVER click on a Wanye-posted video again*

I clicked on the video and am now blind. MY EYES, MY EYES. Curse you Wanye

*Thank god for Typing 15 in high school. Home row rocks...

#21 Wanye
May 22 2011, 04:07PM
David S wrote:

That video hurt my brain.

*Swears to NEVER click on a Wanye-posted video again*

ENJOY

#22 Wanye
May 22 2011, 04:07PM
Wanye wrote:

Now isn't this nice.

I GUARANTEE I'M DRUNK

Trololol indeed.

YOU ENJOY TOO

#23 Coco crisp
May 23 2011, 05:05AM

Thank you wanye. You will no longer receive horrible late night tweets. I will now channel my words to nationradio.

Thanks for the fond memories.

Faqu94

#24 robinrussia
May 23 2011, 07:27PM

Japanese Pop Music Rocks!

Way better than Justin Beiber!