GAME DAY BITCHES

Wanye
June 15 2011 01:14AM

Get a load of our fellow Justice League: Twitter edition cohort. @faqu94 sends his best along with a picture of himself getting ready for Game 7. @michealrioux later pointed out: “I love how he wolfed down a bag of Old Dutch chips right before the pic."

Classic case of crushing Old Dutch and taking an epic pic if you ask us.

Game 7 for all the beans is all that’s left Nation. It's a good old fashioned GDB: SCF7.

THE GREAT WANYETO

"It's time for bold action and declarations of victory. Good luck fellas. Bruins 5 - Canucks 2"

– The Great Wanyeto. Before Game 6.

NOT TOO SHABBY

As a person who sold his TV to attend Game Six of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals, we can identify with the importance of the big old W the Bruins were able to take home. But the Oilers shaped hole in our heart can attest to the fact that Game 6 wins - no matter how dominating they may be - do not a Stanley Cup winner make.

So when we say good luck to the Boston Bruins we mean it, understanding that as a fan the loss stays with you for a good long time.  But as a player what are the odds are you are going back to the Finals again in your career?

Someone with a calculator! Quickly now! What percentage of NHL players in the SCF have appeared in a Cup Final game again in their career?

Can’t figure it out? Har har har.

Neither can the Canucks it would seem.

Go BROONS. Win it for Tim Thomas.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 Peterborough
June 15 2011, 02:31AM

This is it Timmy, one game and you can instantly become the most popular man in all of Alberta.

#3 hamzinoilcntry
June 15 2011, 07:41AM

@todd

nice troll work. Can you be considered a Conn Smythe Trophy candidate when you have given up 16 goals in three games in boston. No matter what outcome happens in the game (go Broons) Tim Thomas is gonna be taking that particular piece of hardware with him when he leaves.

book that!

#4 Travis Dakin
June 15 2011, 01:54AM

In honour of this epic event, I have changed my profile pic to one of me as an 8 year old, sporting a B's jersey. It is strange because the picture was taken a mere 4 months after the Oilers defeated the Bruins to win their 4th Cup. I had a thing for jersey's back in the day so it's acceptable. I never did own a Canucks jersey though. Always despised them.

Imagine that, I would have rather worn the jersey of a hated rival like the Boston Bruins back then, than that of those dirty Canucks.

That hate runs deep in my blood.

#5 Justin Azevedo
June 15 2011, 03:51AM
Peterborough wrote:

Nigh-Most popular man in all of the Northwestern Hemisphere.

#6 Robin Brownlee
June 15 2011, 07:21AM

No jug of Sprite to go with the chips? That's just bad form.

#7 The Beaker
June 15 2011, 07:00AM

All I know is that if the Broons win tonight (and they must) Steve Lanksy is going to be either really happy or really frightened.

Jeanshorts wrote:

I don't know who Steve Lansky is but if his prediction comes true I will fellate him till the end of time.

#8 @Oilanderp
June 15 2011, 10:29AM
oilbaron wrote:

I had a dream last night that the Canucks won it 5-2. I told my fiancé this and her reply was "don't worry none of your dreams have ever come true". Like WTF is up with that :)

You should have taken her into your arms and swooned, 'I have you don't I?'

(shameless self props)

#9 Archaeologuy
June 15 2011, 07:56AM

@todd

Conn Smyth Roberto Luongo?

Did they re-define the trophy to go to the Player most likely to choke under pressure?

#10 Max Powers - Team HME Evans
June 15 2011, 08:54AM

@fuzzy muppet

Just thought of that. Imagine the Vancouver Canucks are to be the LAST TEAM TO EVER WIN THE CUP?!?!

Then again, if all goes right in a way... they might never EVER win a cup.

Either way I hope the world doesn't end in 2012.

#11 Bucknuck
June 15 2011, 09:47AM

I started the playoffs cheering for a Vancouver Win because i thought they had paid their dues and this was their year.

As the playoffs wore on, I started liking them less and less. I watched the dirty play. I watched the comments after the game. I listened to the jeering of the Vancouver fans around here (I have Oilers stuff proudly displayed in my store).

And you know what!? f**k you Vancouver. I am tired of your crap. I am tired of the creepy guys in green... and I am tired of Canuck flags everywhere and cocky fans telling me how good their team is.

Go Bruins!

#12 OilFan
June 15 2011, 11:16AM

@ TODD

LOL, That was the funniest thing I've read all season. Bobby Lou Conn Smythe bahahahhaaha.

I had a dream also. Game goes into overtime. A Boston player gets a stick broken no call. Then Chara takes a shot fom the center ice it deflects off the broken stick and in. Vancouver protests the refs/league knew the stick was there and start crying AGAIN.

It's kinda funny the Vancouver fans call Boston dirty when the Cannots are the team biting and pulling hair ?

Watching Sedin stand there and let a much smaller Brad Marchand punch him with like a min left in game 6 was classic. Like WTH the game is over what was he trying to do draw a penalty ? Embarrassing

Bostons captain hits and plays hard, Vancouvers dives and falls to the ice. Which captain wants it more?

#13 Pucker
June 15 2011, 02:49PM

TO LOSE !!!

#14 LoweBlow
June 15 2011, 03:00PM

I live in Van and have watched these fans first hand during this run. I've never seen a larger crowd of un-hockey-educated fans north of the border. This morning I heard of long time fans selling their tickets to game 7 for the cash. Why hasn't this city yet won a Stanley Cup? They don't deserve it, period.

Go Bs and do us a favour, win the cup for a city that will actually appreciate it.

#15 Gerald R. Ford
June 15 2011, 10:10PM

Standard Operating Procedure for CanuckFan

1) Demand unconditional surrender of other 29 teams in October 2) Spend next eight months insisting that *THIS* group of EuroSissies and unapologetic douchebags is DIFFERENT! Really! 3) Witness stellar choke job at worst possible time. Again. 4) Burn city to ground, rinse and repeat.

Of course, the most telling aspect of this storied franchise is that the best use that their fans have for their gear is to use it to cover their faces from the cameras during a riot.

Well done, Greatest City in The Known Universe! We simple prairie-dwellers stand in awe of you.

#16 todd
June 15 2011, 07:31AM

I HAD A DREAM, NO not that DREAM. But a REAL DREAM last night:

First Period: No scoring

Second Period:

PP Kesler ( Bieska, H.Sedin)

Sh Higgins(unassisted)

PP Kaberle (Peverely, Seguin)

Third Period

D. Sedin (H.Sedin, Burrows)

Marchand (Chara, Ryder)

Empty Net: Burrows ( Bieska)

NUCKS WIN NUCKS WIN NUCKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

COnn Smythe winner is: ROBERTOOOOOOOOO LUONGO!!!!!

BOOOK IT!

P.S.

Flames will take Mark Mcniel we will take David Musil

out

#17 justDOit
June 15 2011, 08:40AM

2 GA in 3 home games should tell me to pick the C-c-c-c-c... the Can-un-un-un-un... uh

Screw it! 3 - 1 BOSTON! Marchand = game winner, Recchi = empty net goal. MVP = TT! Timmah!

#18 fuzzy muppet
June 15 2011, 08:47AM

If Vancouver does win tonight, it surely is a sign that the mayans are right. The world is ending and there is no God.

#19 oilbaron
June 15 2011, 09:24AM

#20 Ales Hallsky
June 15 2011, 10:09AM

My prediction: 3-3 with 1min 30sec remaining, Big Z get the puck in his own zone..... with one hand on his stick, he raises the other...... he extends his index and middle fingers..... The flying "V"!!!!, and Boston wins the cup!!!

#21 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
June 15 2011, 12:49PM

In keeping with our theme, I have changed my profile picture to the bottle of Canuck tears that Tim Thomas will use to replenish his electrolytes following this evening's win.

#22 Mantastic
June 15 2011, 04:10PM
Dman09 wrote:

maybe if the article were in Chinese or Japanese they would get more responses.

that is just horribly racist, i am both from vancouver and chinese and i can read. most canucks fans aren't asian anyways...

#23 Gerald R. Ford
June 15 2011, 09:12PM

*sniff*

#24 Quicksilver ballet
June 15 2011, 09:34PM

Canucks = overated.

#25 PigeonCamera
June 15 2011, 10:20PM

You people make me sick.

I'm going to goaltend the crap out of games 8 and 9, and we'll see who laughs last. Tim Thomas couldn't pump up my Big Wheeler.

-Lou

#26 Puritania
June 15 2011, 11:19PM

People are getting f*cked up in the riots.

Stay classy Vancouver.

#27 Peterborough
June 16 2011, 12:46AM

ahh that's better . . . It's going to be a fine summer afterall.

#28 Mr. Pederson
June 16 2011, 12:54AM

YEEEEEEEEEEAH BUDDDAAAAAAAAY!!!!

#29 Jeffrey Chapman
June 15 2011, 01:17AM

SECOND FIST. @faqu94 will be so proud!

#30 OilerLand
June 15 2011, 01:36AM

Nice pic, old Dutch mmmmmm

I had a hankering to watch boys on the bus this week - anyone know where to get it online?? Tweet me @NHL_Imagineer

Go Broons go Thomas- jinx luongo!!!!!! If Boston wins I'm going streaking.

#31 DonovanMD
June 15 2011, 04:20AM

Wish they sold old dutch ketchup in Australia, I would crush a few bags and wash em down with a cool bottle of Canadian Dry.

Ah, the things you miss. Along with hockey being on in the evening instead of at 8 am.

Gonna catch the game with a couple Canadian friends here in Perth, a loyal Vancouver born Nucks fan who is nice enough to let us watch on his slingbox. And a guy from TO who is mercileslly made fun of for being a Leafs fan. I am the Oil fan and will be cheering the Bruins of course. A Sens fan may show up as well.

Bruins 3-2 in OT, Seguins beard scoring the winner and making us all argue again.

#32 hemi
June 15 2011, 05:59AM

@DonovanMD: Are not all leaf fans the butt of all jokes? Go B's Go!

#33 Cut Your Hair
June 15 2011, 06:51AM

Party's over Vancouver. Luongo's ego cost them the cup. What better way to spend 10 million. Light'em Bruins.

Wanye wrote:

SELF FIST SECOND TIME IN A ROW GO BRUINS YES IM YELLING NO TIME FOR PUNCTUATION

@Wayne no magical Nostradamus-like prediction for game 7???

#35 Horcsky
June 15 2011, 07:14AM

The Ray Bourque jersey will be out in full force tonight. Go Bruins!

#36 They're $hittie
June 15 2011, 07:58AM
DonovanMD wrote:

You may not be able to get Old dutch chips down under, but if im not mistaken do you not have access to Oryans sour cream and onion.

#37 Max Powers - Team HME Evans
June 15 2011, 08:01AM

Oh boy. This is gonna be a good one. This has got to be the best finals series I can remember seeing other than the 2006 SCF. As long as this game doesn't really suck it'll go down as epic in my books.

P.S. If the 'Broons' win tonight then the replays of the hit Thomas had on Sedin will be replayed for years and years to come. Right up there with the image of Bobby Clarke's toothless grin as he holds the Stanley. A timeless classic. Just a prediction.

#38 freeze
June 15 2011, 08:11AM

Can't help but predict Van 2 - Bos 1

Conn Smyth to Thomas.

#39 ItsTheBGB
June 15 2011, 08:18AM

I TAKE IT YOUR MOTHER WASN'T BEHIND YOUR BACK WHEN YOU MADE THAT TITLE WANYE!!!!!!!

#40 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 15 2011, 08:41AM
todd wrote:

I HAD A DREAM, NO not that DREAM. But a REAL DREAM last night:

First Period: No scoring

Second Period:

PP Kesler ( Bieska, H.Sedin)

Sh Higgins(unassisted)

PP Kaberle (Peverely, Seguin)

Third Period

D. Sedin (H.Sedin, Burrows)

Marchand (Chara, Ryder)

Empty Net: Burrows ( Bieska)

NUCKS WIN NUCKS WIN NUCKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

COnn Smythe winner is: ROBERTOOOOOOOOO LUONGO!!!!!

BOOOK IT!

P.S.

Flames will take Mark Mcniel we will take David Musil

out

I give you props for great fiction writing. Cant wait for the sequel!

#41 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 15 2011, 08:46AM
Wanye wrote:

SELF FIST SECOND TIME IN A ROW GO BRUINS YES IM YELLING NO TIME FOR PUNCTUATION

Wayne are you starting to believe all the nice things we say about you?

#42 Palt
June 15 2011, 08:55AM
todd wrote:

I HAD A DREAM, NO not that DREAM. But a REAL DREAM last night:

First Period: No scoring

Second Period:

PP Kesler ( Bieska, H.Sedin)

Sh Higgins(unassisted)

PP Kaberle (Peverely, Seguin)

Third Period

D. Sedin (H.Sedin, Burrows)

Marchand (Chara, Ryder)

Empty Net: Burrows ( Bieska)

NUCKS WIN NUCKS WIN NUCKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!

COnn Smythe winner is: ROBERTOOOOOOOOO LUONGO!!!!!

BOOOK IT!

P.S.

Flames will take Mark Mcniel we will take David Musil

out

Couple of things wrong with your prediction

1) The Canucks are going to score 4 goals in 1 game on a guy who theyve only scored 8 goals on in 6 games? Get real

2) Tomas Kaberle is not going to score. You have to shoot the puck to score goals.

#43 Oilcruzer
June 15 2011, 09:02AM

4 to 2

Thomas gets the Connie

A lot of people won't feel like going to work in BC tomorrow.

That's all I have.

#44 Souby
June 15 2011, 09:21AM

@todd

Luongo wins the Conn Smythe?....Seriously. The guy has let in so many goals in Boston that he is still applying the Aloe Vera lotion to the sunburn on the back of his neck!

Win or lose, the Connie should go to Thomas. The guy has been stellar and far above Luongo.

Goalie Comparison: Thomas is stopping the puck as if it were the size of a beach-ball. Luongo has played 3 games this series where he couldn't stop a beach-ball. Which goalie shows up tonight, LOOOOOO or Red-Light Luongo?

#45 geoilersgist
June 15 2011, 09:26AM

2-1 Broons, Timmys beard is one for the ages and he can't be denied. Maybe if Luongo let his beard grow he wouldn't choke.

#46 The Towel Boy
June 15 2011, 09:36AM

GOOOooooOOooOoOOOOO BRRRUIIINNNSSSSSZZ!1!!

#47 oliveplusgreen
June 15 2011, 09:41AM

Raffi Torres. This'll be his second SCF Game 7. Hoping it doesn't work out for him any better, this time around. I've been pretending that 2006 was exclusively his fault.

#49 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 15 2011, 09:56AM

REMINDING SELF TO CHARGE PHONE, TOO MUCH TWITTERING, GAME 7 STANLEY CUP FINALS, GO BRUINS.

*LOVELY FIST SIR WANYE

#SEDINCANEATIT #WHODOESTHISGUYTHINKHEISMESSIER? #SLAMITDOWNHISTHROAT #THATSWHATSHESAID

#50 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 15 2011, 10:00AM

@Bucknuck

"""I am tired of the creepy guys in green...""" You know that has to be the worst thing to show up in hockey since what? Pyramid power! It has started to happen at other rinks now also! If they loose and those stupid suits go away it will be the best thing Boston ever did for the game since Bobby's OT goal.