NATION RADIO - JUNE 25, 2011

NationRadio
June 27 2011 12:48AM

Some problems on the Team 1260 end this week held up the file transfers to Nation Command this week. So gnash your teeth all you like, it isn't your ol' pal Wanye's fault that this didn't go live sooner. So here is what we have which includes the full podcast but there is no segment 7 for now.

Stay tuned for next week when Wanye makes a mistake preventing the NationRadio files from being uploaded sooner.

This is NationRadio.

Segment 1

Corey Graham Play by play man for the Oil Kings discusses prospects for the WHL Draft.

Segment 2

Jason Gregor talks Oilers picks at the 2011 Draft and the then uncompleted Ryan Smyth trade. Gregor also provides sage advice to parents of players in the draft, suggesting you don't attend the draft unless your child is going in the Top 40.

Segment 3

Dustin Neilson from the Team 1260 also talks the Oilers picks including David Musil and the Oilers young goaltenders.

Segment 4

Former Oiler Mark Napier and a big time prospect in his draft year back in 1977 passes along some good Oiler stories from back in the day and talk about what he's up to these days.

Segment 5

Terry Jones from the Edmonton Sun has been covering the Oilers entry drafts for decades and always brings a chuckle or two along with good information.

Segment 6

Matt Bugg from Dobber Hockey and a guy who can deliver information on even the most obscure prospects. We'll rely heavily on him for information on the later picks.

Segment 8

TSN Analyst Craig Button discusses the draft and newest Oiler Ryan Nugent Hopkins.

Full Podcast

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 OilerLand
June 27 2011, 12:52AM

my first fist(edited by a laughing Wanye.)

#2 Wanye
June 27 2011, 12:53AM

HEY WANYE WHY DON'T YOU PUT THESE UP SOONER YOU STUPID ASS?

#3 Shapeman
June 27 2011, 12:59AM

Mice hockey makes me think of cheese sticks.

#4 Shapeman
June 27 2011, 12:59AM

Let this double post be damned! OR stuck in an imaginary cheese and hit around with sticks!

#5 Muji 狗
June 27 2011, 01:03AM

Any chance these can come in podcast form?

Having them in podcast form would make it really easy for me to transfer Lowetide's sweet somethings to my iPhone. I live in Vancouver so I'd really like to be jamming to Nation Radio when the next riot breaks out in downtown Vancouver.

#6 OilerLand
June 27 2011, 01:05AM

Nice way to wrap up the weekend...love it.

#7 Wanye
June 27 2011, 01:13AM
Muji 狗 wrote:

Any chance these can come in podcast form?

You can right click the file and save it to your iphone. It should also be available on iTunes*

*So I'm told, I am a blackberry man.

#8 robinrussia
June 27 2011, 03:59AM

Oh Oh....

Segment 6 doesn't work. Segment full podcast is Buttons interview :-(

#9 -30-
June 27 2011, 06:21AM

Is the REAL reason for having the podcast to frustrate your readers?

Nice job as usual Wanye. ;)

When I looked up competent on Wikipedia, surprisingly your pic wasn't there. LOL

#10 Lowetide
June 27 2011, 07:17AM

lol. You guys are ridiculous. It was a three hour show and because of the draft (crazy busy) I have no idea when Wanye would have gotten the show but a good guess would be last night.

There's a lot of good info in this show. I'm not saying it because it's me but every guest was into the draft and passed along great stuff. Enjoyed it very much.

#11 Oilerdiehard
June 27 2011, 07:51AM
Wanye wrote:

HEY WANYE WHY DON'T YOU PUT THESE UP SOONER YOU STUPID ASS?

I am okay with it going up later. So long as the full podcast download is not just segment 6 only like usual. :)

Any chance you could fix that for us? Mucho appreciato.

#12 Oilerdiehard
June 27 2011, 07:55AM
Lowetide wrote:

Yeah it was good stuff LT. I caught a fair bit of it live, but I wanted to hear the whole thing again. Good work.

#13 Wanye
June 27 2011, 05:41PM
-30- wrote:

Is the REAL reason for having the podcast to frustrate your readers?

Nice job as usual Wanye. ;)

You are getting on my nerves. Why not listen to the show on the radio or on the team1260 website if waiting a day is so hard for you?

*grinds teeth*

#14 Zimmy
June 27 2011, 08:58PM

Wanye if it takes a week.. no month... no year! it would always be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million, these podcasts are absolute gold! While i definitely dont share the same sense of entitlement (they are free for frack sakes) I do share the absolute adoration of the program. Keep up the great work and long live captain canada and the boy wonder eberle!

#15 @Oilanderp
June 27 2011, 10:07PM

Compuders is haard. :(

#16 GerardC
June 28 2011, 01:28AM

no surprise nation radio is in high demand. if this was the stock market, i would put all my chips in on nationradio. Keep it up LT and Wanye! Love the show!

#17 jonrmcleod
July 02 2011, 11:04AM

I can see Mice Hockey leading to a few fights between brothers. That thing would probably be destroyed after 3 games or less.