Big Yann or Big Yawn?

Lowetide
July 07 2011 06:41AM

Over the years I've learned that when it comes to signing free agents the Edmonton Oilers can fool you. Sometimes the big money guys are here for a good time (not a long time) and the secondary moderns are the ones follow. 

Speaking about goaltenders with any kind of authority is folly. Even goalie coaches use vague phrases about mechanics and positioning. I believe the language of goalies exists so that these poor souls don't hear "why the hell didn't you stop the damn puck?" every 5 minutes. It sometimes seems as though G's are to hockey as pitchers are to baseball: even the best of them might get released, face several career crossroads and suffer massive amounts of booing at home and on the road. 

Inside the pitcher/goalie realm live the knuckleballers who are represented in hockey by the Tim Thomas group (waiting until 30+ before putting it all together). That group enjoyed a giant FU moment this spring, when "elite goalie all his life" Roberto Luongo questioned Thomas' mechanics in game 2 only to let in an equally devastating goal in game 7 under similar on-ice circumstances (the Marchand wraparound, goal #2 in G7).

Making any kind of claim in regard to Yann Danis being from the Tim Thomas family of "elite goalies after 30" is ridiculous. That kind of good fortune combines talent, confidence, luck, karma and the Hockey Gods in equal measure. Still, the resume for Yann Danis suggests that he deserved the look he's getting from the Oil Drop. 

Danis isn't an obvious choice for a free agent steal, but there are some things on his resume worth noting:

  • Won the Ken Dryden award for NCAA's top goalie, 2004. 
  • ECAC player of the year, 2004. 
  • Enjoyed some solid AHL seasons on the deep Hamilton (Montreal) Bulldogs team, mid 2000's. 
  • Rookie NHL season (08-09) included a .910SP for the lowly NY Islanders. 
  • Backup in NJD the following season, posted a .923 SP for the Devils. 
  • Played well in the KHL last season.

Danis is considered a solid bet by a few good hockey minds. Robert Vollman wrote about him in Hockey Prospectus earlier this summer:

  • Some teams don't look past Evgeni Nabokov when searching the KHL for options, causing them overlook Khabarovsk's Danis. Initially a promising goalie prospect, Danis got stuck behind Halak and Carey Price in Montreal's system. He eventually found his way to the NHL, playing 43 games for the Islanders and Devils from 2008 to 2010, earning an impressive even-strength save percentage of .926 and quality start percentage over 60. This success could be due to the small sample size, but Danis certainly deserves the opportunity to prove it.

There are a few things going Danis' way at this time: he's young enough to have several seasons of effectiveness moving forward; even if he starts the season in OKC the Oilers situation is fluid; Khabibulin's downward trend may end up forcing the issue as soon as this fall; the Oilers have waited too long in free agency to add another goalie to the mix, meaning either they improve via trade or Danis is the de facto first option when the money runs out and the engine blows for the NHL tandem.

At this point the Edmonton Oilers have the look of a team that is about to rely heavily on a young goaltender. Devan Dubnyk is a solid player and may build on last year's foundation to solidify himself as an NHL starter. Yann Danis is certainly behind backup Nikolai Khabibulin at this point (who may well be considered the starter by Oilers management) but the recipe exists for Yann Danis to get a huge NHL opportunity this season.

Hockey's Tim Wakefield? I believe we're about to find out.

C2a6955161684b5e3189319acfa5ebe4
Lowetide has been one of the Oilogosphere's shining lights for over a century. You can check him out here at OilersNation and at lowetide.ca. He is also the host of Lowdown with Lowetide weekday mornings 10-noon on TSN 1260.
Avatar
#51 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 01:00PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
SurfacetoAirMissile wrote:

Conolly can't set up Kessel from the press box

How many shutouts will Khabby get from prison? ahaha I win!

Avatar
#52 Souby
July 07 2011, 01:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

Oilers will blow again! My Leafs have a waay better chance to make the playoffs and we've only just started rebuilding! The Flames will continue to beat you guys up. Hemsky, meet Giordano LOL!

Coming from a guy who's team hasn't won the cup since 1967! The Leafs have sucked WAY longer than the Oil my friend, and contrary to Burke's opinion, they will suck this year too!

Avatar
#53 Team Hall
July 07 2011, 01:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

I think this is DD's year to seize the #1 position. I think mentally, the management want to protect him from being "the guy", but secretly, he is the guy now. The rumour going around "los internets" was that the Oil were peddling Khabby to anyone. Old Khabby still has it in him to do well in short stretches, just doesnt have the stamina anymore. See his great starts the last two years running. He goes downhill with too many starts though.

Avatar
#54 Mike Krushelnyski
July 07 2011, 01:09PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
5
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

How many shutouts will Khabby get from prison? ahaha I win!

The cornhole is a much smaller area to protect than a hockey goal. Should be fine.

Avatar
#55 OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F
July 07 2011, 01:11PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ender wrote:

Training camp isn't a one-day exercise. I understand what you're saying, but between you and me if Hemsky goes through all of camp and doesn't find the twine even once (let's not complicate things with assists) then I'm thinking he doesn't start on line-1 anyway.

History plays a part - you're right - but hockey is an awful lot about "What have you done for me lately".

Each situation is obviously different.

If the team feels Eberle is close to Hemsky going in, and Ebs puts has a steller camp while Hemsky struggles, Eberle will probably start as 1C.

However, Mike Comrie scored more goals then both Crosby and Malkin last pre-season, I'm confident their was never any debate in Pits as to which two centers will start the year at 1C and 2C.

Marty Gerber also put up a SV% that was at a minimum .27 better then both DD and Bulin.... and he clearly wasn't getting a sniff at the starters role

Avatar
#56 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 01:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Souby wrote:

Coming from a guy who's team hasn't won the cup since 1967! The Leafs have sucked WAY longer than the Oil my friend, and contrary to Burke's opinion, they will suck this year too!

If Lowe was half the man Burke is your team wouldn't have sucked so bad for so long! Unlike your team we don"t believe in tanking our team to be better. Thats laughable. 2 first overall picks in two years has anyone every sucked that much before? Nope... Edmonton continues to break records for suckiness!

Avatar
#57 OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F
July 07 2011, 01:16PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

If Lowe was half the man Burke is your team wouldn't have sucked so bad for so long! Unlike your team we don"t believe in tanking our team to be better. Thats laughable. 2 first overall picks in two years has anyone every sucked that much before? Nope... Edmonton continues to break records for suckiness!

I'm happy to say the Nords out sucked the Oil for three straight 1st overalls.

Avatar
#58 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 01:21PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F wrote:

I'm happy to say the Nords out sucked the Oil for three straight 1st overalls.

Well as long as your happy about that... And look what happend to them, I believe thery're called the Avs now... Way to compare yourself to crap that USED to be in the league...

Avatar
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ender wrote:

Training camp isn't a one-day exercise. I understand what you're saying, but between you and me if Hemsky goes through all of camp and doesn't find the twine even once (let's not complicate things with assists) then I'm thinking he doesn't start on line-1 anyway.

History plays a part - you're right - but hockey is an awful lot about "What have you done for me lately".

"what have you done for me lately" is that not more for fans? I seem to remember Jones getting a spot over Reddox and Peckham over Belle because of what they did in the previous year and not TC.

Avatar
#60 Oil Rigger
July 07 2011, 01:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers

Maple Leafer... you are one funny guy. Now get off our page.

Avatar
#61 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 01:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

OK all you had to do was ask nicley! Later Deadmontonians! Enjoy the 3rd striaght 1st overall pick hahaha

Avatar
#62 Archaeologuy
July 07 2011, 01:29PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
5
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

OK all you had to do was ask nicley! Later Deadmontonians! Enjoy the 3rd striaght 1st overall pick hahaha

Enjoy watching Seguin and Hamilton dominate the team they should have been drafted by for the next decade.

Avatar
#63 Dano
July 07 2011, 01:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Maple Leafer

Really??? Wow...

"My Leafs have a waay better chance to make the playoffs"

Based on what, a couple of mediocre 2nd line players and a crumbling defense. O, I forgot you have a vet in net who played pretty good for the last quarter of a season.

" and we've only just started rebuilding"

Pretty sure you have been rebuilding for the better part of the last decade Oilers are entering year 2. But I guess you could say we have been rebuilding longer considering we are actually building something and not just remaining a solid contender for 9th place.

Avatar
#64 Souby
July 07 2011, 01:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

Well as long as your happy about that... And look what happend to them, I believe thery're called the Avs now... Way to compare yourself to crap that USED to be in the league...

You are right, the Oil are basements dwellers, there is no denying it. The good thing is, the rebuild is well under way, with lots of high end young talent to build around which makes for a very bright future.

I am sure if we look at your Leafs, we will see that Burke has them stocked full of these types of players that puts them so far ahead of the Oilers. Let's see....there's Kadri and Aulie....that can't be it, can it? I know, he must have signed some high end UFA's to take them to the playoffs....No Richards? Ehrhoff?, wait, they signed Connolly? OH, that's who is going to take them to the promised land!... Good luck with that!

Avatar
#65 Souby
July 07 2011, 01:33PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Archaeologuy wrote:

Enjoy watching Seguin and Hamilton dominate the team they should have been drafted by for the next decade.

Well played sir! LOL.

Avatar
#66 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 01:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Archaeologuy wrote:

Enjoy watching Seguin and Hamilton dominate the team they should have been drafted by for the next decade.

I'll enjoy that and you can enjoy every free agent worth having on your team flipping you off and signing for less money somewhere else. I think everyone in Edmonton should buy a can of febreeze, go outside and just spray it into the air. Then maybe someone will want to sign there!

Avatar
#67 Ender
July 07 2011, 01:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F

In 2006, Patrick Thoresen was a virtual unknown. Came into camp and played his way onto the roster. Did great for a couple of months . . . and then fell into the abyss of NHL-players-past. Right or wrong, that was MacT's decision at the time.

You'd be right to point out that that was then and this is now. Last year, many fans thought that Reddox had played his way into a spot because of a strong camp and that Omark wasn't even given a fair chance at all to make the team. Renney didn't seem to care; it appeared he had his mind pretty well set before camp ever started.

In my original thought here, I stated that I thought a player should have his place on the team determined in large part on camp performance. Yeah, you'll get the odd Thoresen that dissapoints you, but that's why you have a farm team and that's when you call up someone who is doing better at that time. Still, I have to admit that I don't believe Renney (or even Quinn, for that matter) and I see eye-to-eye on the value of camp performance.

I think the better goalie in camp should start the season. I also think you're on the mark to suggest that's not necessarily what will really happen under this coaching/management team.

Avatar
#68 Souby
July 07 2011, 01:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

I'll enjoy that and you can enjoy every free agent worth having on your team flipping you off and signing for less money somewhere else. I think everyone in Edmonton should buy a can of febreeze, go outside and just spray it into the air. Then maybe someone will want to sign there!

Enjoy your Leafs not making the playoff for the 7th year in a row!

Avatar
#69 book¡e
July 07 2011, 01:47PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Souby wrote:

Coming from a guy who's team hasn't won the cup since 1967! The Leafs have sucked WAY longer than the Oil my friend, and contrary to Burke's opinion, they will suck this year too!

Don't feed the troll - he is probably not even a Leafs fan!

Avatar
#70 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 01:50PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Souby wrote:

Enjoy your Leafs not making the playoff for the 7th year in a row!

Is the pot calling the kettle black? Anyways I had fun on your page. Come visit me on my page, but bring your A game cause all I saw here were a bunch of C's and D's.

Avatar
#71 Souby
July 07 2011, 01:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
book¡e wrote:

Don't feed the troll - he is probably not even a Leafs fan!

You might be right, but he must be a MapleLaughs fan. Why would anyone brag about being a fan of a team that made sucking an art form for 44 years!

Avatar
#72 Montreal Mike
July 07 2011, 01:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

De Oiler - dey suck. My Habs is we go win the cup more den you, eh! Dos guys runneeng the Oiler office, dey don't know ockey from ringette, eh!

Avatar
#73 Souby
July 07 2011, 01:56PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

Is the pot calling the kettle black? Anyways I had fun on your page. Come visit me on my page, but bring your A game cause all I saw here were a bunch of C's and D's.

You are right again, if the Oil miss the playoff this year, it will be 6 in a row. Not as bad as 7, but bad nonetheless.

Wait, we at least made it to the Cup final in 2006. When was the last time the Leafs played for the Cup?

Avatar
#74 rubbertrout
July 07 2011, 02:05PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Archaeologuy wrote:

Enjoy watching Seguin and Hamilton dominate the team they should have been drafted by for the next decade.

Well played Arch! I ordinarily prefer to ignore the trolls but when they throw up a beachball like that you are honour bound to rake away and go yard with it.

Avatar
#75 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 02:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Souby wrote:

You are right again, if the Oil miss the playoff this year, it will be 6 in a row. Not as bad as 7, but bad nonetheless.

Wait, we at least made it to the Cup final in 2006. When was the last time the Leafs played for the Cup?

Leave it to an Oiler fans to live in the past. I suggest you take your Gretzky jerseys off cuz you fools have been wearing it since 1990, and you're in dire need of a shower. Leafs will make the playoffs before the Oilers and by then Hall, Eberle, Pajaarvi and Hopkins will want to play for a real team and ask for a trade. But you guys are used to that, no??

Avatar
#76 Souby
July 07 2011, 02:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

Is the pot calling the kettle black? Anyways I had fun on your page. Come visit me on my page, but bring your A game cause all I saw here were a bunch of C's and D's.

By the way, I did just visit your page. I have to ask, does anyone other than you go there? The place is a ghost town. There are articles on there (good articles) that are days old that have little or no comments on them.

No wonder you came to Oilersnation, you just want someone to talk to! It all make sense now.

Avatar
#77 OB1 Team Yakopov - F.S.T.N.F
July 07 2011, 02:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ender wrote:

In 2006, Patrick Thoresen was a virtual unknown. Came into camp and played his way onto the roster. Did great for a couple of months . . . and then fell into the abyss of NHL-players-past. Right or wrong, that was MacT's decision at the time.

You'd be right to point out that that was then and this is now. Last year, many fans thought that Reddox had played his way into a spot because of a strong camp and that Omark wasn't even given a fair chance at all to make the team. Renney didn't seem to care; it appeared he had his mind pretty well set before camp ever started.

In my original thought here, I stated that I thought a player should have his place on the team determined in large part on camp performance. Yeah, you'll get the odd Thoresen that dissapoints you, but that's why you have a farm team and that's when you call up someone who is doing better at that time. Still, I have to admit that I don't believe Renney (or even Quinn, for that matter) and I see eye-to-eye on the value of camp performance.

I think the better goalie in camp should start the season. I also think you're on the mark to suggest that's not necessarily what will really happen under this coaching/management team.

I'm confident the vast majority (if not all) managment/coaches choose the roster this way, 95% of the time.

Avatar
#78 Walter Sobchak
July 07 2011, 02:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ender wrote:

Training camp isn't a one-day exercise. I understand what you're saying, but between you and me if Hemsky goes through all of camp and doesn't find the twine even once (let's not complicate things with assists) then I'm thinking he doesn't start on line-1 anyway.

History plays a part - you're right - but hockey is an awful lot about "What have you done for me lately".

I don't know if this has been answered yet, I dont feel like reading through all the post's but, what happens if Khabby isn't even at camp?

When does his sentence start? Dubnyk could be the #1 going into camp.

What happens when Khabby comes back? Does Khabby become the back up or starter?

Avatar
#79 Walter Sobchak
July 07 2011, 02:09PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@CanuckleHead420

S.O.F.T for years to come. deal with it.

Avatar
#80 Souby
July 07 2011, 02:10PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

Leave it to an Oiler fans to live in the past. I suggest you take your Gretzky jerseys off cuz you fools have been wearing it since 1990, and you're in dire need of a shower. Leafs will make the playoffs before the Oilers and by then Hall, Eberle, Pajaarvi and Hopkins will want to play for a real team and ask for a trade. But you guys are used to that, no??

Since 1990? You know Gretzky was in L.A. that season don't you? You made have heard about a big trade back then?....August 9, 1988 ring a bell? Now had you said Messier, I would have thought that you knew something about hockey, but you just proved otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Avatar
#81 Archaeologuy
July 07 2011, 02:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers

@Maple Leafer

You choose this off season to pull out that old song and dance? Right after a player demanded to be traded here and the Oil acquired 5 players on day 1 of Free Agency?

Avatar
#82 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 02:19PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Souby wrote:

Since 1990? You know Gretzky was in L.A. that season don't you? You made have heard about a big trade back then?....August 9, 1988 ring a bell? Now had you said Messier, I would have thought that you knew something about hockey, but you just proved otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

All I got from that is...blah blah blah. I was three at the time so... whatever. I'm sure you even remeber what you were wearing that fateful day, cuz ur probably still wearing it...

Avatar
#83 SurfacetoAirMissile
July 07 2011, 02:20PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

Leave it to an Oiler fans to live in the past. I suggest you take your Gretzky jerseys off cuz you fools have been wearing it since 1990, and you're in dire need of a shower. Leafs will make the playoffs before the Oilers and by then Hall, Eberle, Pajaarvi and Hopkins will want to play for a real team and ask for a trade. But you guys are used to that, no??

Didn't your first round draft pick (you traded up for) throw up on the bench first day of camp? I would too if I played for the leafs... yakkkk

Avatar
#84 Walter Sobchak
July 07 2011, 02:20PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers
Souby wrote:

Since 1990? You know Gretzky was in L.A. that season don't you? You made have heard about a big trade back then?....August 9, 1988 ring a bell? Now had you said Messier, I would have thought that you knew something about hockey, but you just proved otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1990! No, but I was wearing my Gretzky jersey in 93 when Gretzky eliminated the Leafs from the playoffs........That's the closest your team has gotten to a Stanley cup since! WOW. I don't like to live in the past but, I definitely wouldn't if I was a leafs fan.

Avatar
#85 Souby
July 07 2011, 02:24PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

All I got from that is...blah blah blah. I was three at the time so... whatever. I'm sure you even remeber what you were wearing that fateful day, cuz ur probably still wearing it...

This has been fun and all but it's time to run on home to Leafland now. I am sure you wouldn't want to miss the latest Burkie interview on TSN. If you can't find it, just look for TV cameras around town, Burke will be standing in front of them spewing out more reasons he won't pursue big name UFA's because he doesn't like how the contracts work.

Avatar
#86 book¡e
July 07 2011, 02:25PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
4
cheers
Souby wrote:

Since 1990? You know Gretzky was in L.A. that season don't you? You made have heard about a big trade back then?....August 9, 1988 ring a bell? Now had you said Messier, I would have thought that you knew something about hockey, but you just proved otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

My Ford Pinto is better than your Renault Le Car!

Avatar
#87 Souby
July 07 2011, 02:30PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
book¡e wrote:

My Ford Pinto is better than your Renault Le Car!

Now that is funny. I get your point. I should not be reliving the past here, but I couldn't help it. He kept talking about how great his Leafs are when they haven't done anything for WAY longer than the Oil have.

Wes Mantooth said it best a couples posts ago, "I don't like to live in the past but, I definitely wouldn't if I was a leafs fan."

Avatar
#88 book¡e
July 07 2011, 02:38PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Souby

Oh, its not about the past, its about how funny it is to see two people debating which team is more awesome - the team that finished 30th or the team that finished 22nd.

Both of our teams suck. Go Oilers!

Avatar
#89 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 02:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Souby wrote:

This has been fun and all but it's time to run on home to Leafland now. I am sure you wouldn't want to miss the latest Burkie interview on TSN. If you can't find it, just look for TV cameras around town, Burke will be standing in front of them spewing out more reasons he won't pursue big name UFA's because he doesn't like how the contracts work.

Wait 3 years and stay tuned to sportsnet west for "Another Oil Change"7pm MT...hahaha peace out losers!

Avatar
#90 Souby
July 07 2011, 02:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
book¡e wrote:

Oh, its not about the past, its about how funny it is to see two people debating which team is more awesome - the team that finished 30th or the team that finished 22nd.

Both of our teams suck. Go Oilers!

This is true.

Go Oil!

Avatar
#91 Ender
July 07 2011, 02:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers

@Walter Sobchak

There's little chance Khabbi misses camp. Originally, there was talk of him being finished his 30-day sentence in a mere 10 days factoring in 'time off for good behaviour'. It was reported that he screwed something up with his probation recently, though, so I don't know if that will be a factor. In any case, the odds of him starting his sentence so late in the summer that it drags into camp are pretty long. One way or the other, I'm sure he'll be in an out as quietly as possible and be ready for camp come the fall.

Avatar
#92 Ales Hallsky's Junk
July 07 2011, 02:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers
Maple Leafer wrote:

All I got from that is...blah blah blah. I was three at the time so... whatever. I'm sure you even remeber what you were wearing that fateful day, cuz ur probably still wearing it...

So you are 19 then. Little bit of leafs history for you young man. take your age, times it by two and add a bunch of years and thats how long your beloved team hasnt won the cup for. Your team is junk. BLAM..... My Junk

Avatar
#93 Ales Hallsky
July 07 2011, 02:46PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

24, never said i was good at math.

Avatar
#94 Walter Sobchak
July 07 2011, 02:46PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Ender

Thank's for the info Ender, I was under the assumption that he didn't start his until late Sept or early Oct.

Avatar
#95 Souby
July 07 2011, 02:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ales Hallsky wrote:

24, never said i was good at math.

It's okay AHJ. It probably went over his head anyways.

Avatar
#96 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 02:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ales Hallsky wrote:

24, never said i was good at math.

LOL! Thanks for the math lesson. Didn't expect you to be good with numbers, being from Edmonton and all.

Avatar
#97 Maple Laugher
July 07 2011, 02:53PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Maple Leafer

Wow. I always heard that toronto fans were the biggest clumps in the shallow end of the gene pool. Thanks for confirming that!!! Sure, Edmonton doesn't have the population density, smog levels, or overall smugness of the big T-dot... but we got a kick-ass forum for our hockey fans that is not moderated by the mainstream media that all get paid to blow smoke up YOUR ass. I guess you win. Go Oilers! Haha

Avatar
#98 Ales Hallsky
July 07 2011, 02:54PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Dammit, I fed the troll!!!

Avatar
#99 Souby
July 07 2011, 03:03PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Ales Hallsky wrote:

Dammit, I fed the troll!!!

Don't feel bad man. I have been doing it a lot today. book¡e warned me about it a while back, and I still kept doing it. I am done now though....I think.

Avatar
#100 Maple Leafer
July 07 2011, 03:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Maple Laugher wrote:

Wow. I always heard that toronto fans were the biggest clumps in the shallow end of the gene pool. Thanks for confirming that!!! Sure, Edmonton doesn't have the population density, smog levels, or overall smugness of the big T-dot... but we got a kick-ass forum for our hockey fans that is not moderated by the mainstream media that all get paid to blow smoke up YOUR ass. I guess you win. Go Oilers! Haha

Shallow end of the gene pool? This is coming from an Edmontonian? LOL say hi to your sister/wife for me and don't forget to feed your 3 legged dog!

Comments are closed for this article.