NATION RADIO - AUGUST 20, 2011

NationRadio
August 21 2011 07:19PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG. Ryan Smyth is on NationRadio this week. Robin Brownlee hosts for the second week in a row and quite honestly we could kiss him for getting this to happen*

Cam Barker is on the show too - and you may recall he now plays with a Mr. Ryan Smyth. David Staples from the Edmonton Journal stops by too, ostensibly to discuss Ryan Smyth. Finally Ben Kuzma from the Vancouver Provence swings through. Perhaps he has some information regarding Ryan Smyth?

This is NationRadio. Enjoy!

*That's what she said

Segment 1

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Ryan Alexander Gordon Smyth makes his first of what we pray is many, many, many appearances on NationRadio. Captain Canada discusses his departure and subsequent glorious return to the Edmonton Oilers, what it was like playing here in Edmonton. His Mighty Grace also discusses his role with the team and the youth of the 2011-12 Edmonton Oilers heading into next season.

Segment 2

David Staples from the Edmonton Journal and the Cult of Hockey posts up inside the NationRadio lane. He talks Oilers Bloggers and the concept of writing on the internet.

Segment 3

A replay of the interview with Edmonton Oilers Head Coach Tom Renney from the Jason Gregor Show earlier in the week.

Segment 4

One of the newest Edmonton Oilers Cam Barker joins NationRadio to talk about choosing Edmonton as his new home and team. He compares the two cities and discusses his arrival in Edmonton.

Segment 5

Ben Kuzma from the Vancouver Province provides an excellent segment on NationRadio. He provides excellent insight into the untimely passing of Winnipeg Jet Rick Rypien and the impact of mental health of players on and off the ice.

Segment 6

A second segment with Ben Kuzma takes a look at a variety of topics including the Stanley Cup run in Vancouver this year.

Full Podcast

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 Wanye
August 21 2011, 07:21PM

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU WOULD KISS ROBIN BROWNLEE? LOAD THE RADIO FASTER - HANG YOUR ROMANTIC AMBITIONS!

#2 Mantastic
August 21 2011, 07:22PM

we love you wanye!!

#3 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
August 21 2011, 07:22PM

F***ING FINALLY! I WAS SO PISSED I MISSED THIS LIVE. FIST.

Edit: F***

#4 Wanye
August 21 2011, 07:24PM
Mantastic wrote:

we love you wanye!!

POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT ONLY WORKS ON 99.3% OF PEOPLE. WOULDN'T YOU RATHER TELL ME OFF?

#5 Wanyes bastard child
August 21 2011, 07:27PM
Wanye wrote:

WTF!?!?!

It's Thursday already? Where did the week go? Thats when im used to nationradio being put up.

HURRY FASTER WANYE!!!

#6 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
August 21 2011, 07:29PM
Wanye wrote:

Maybe it's just one of my hundreds of insecurities, but it feels like that reply was directed at me.

WANYE, I DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!

#nohomo

#7 Brandon
August 21 2011, 07:42PM

IT'S ABOUT TIME THIS WENT UP*

*THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

#8 Puritania
August 21 2011, 10:14PM

CAPS!*

*I'M A PART OF THE GROUP! SQUEEAGE

#9 Wanyes bastard child
August 21 2011, 10:23PM
Puritania wrote:

CAPS!*

*I'M A PART OF THE GROUP! SQUEEAGE

Dude.. its SQUEEEE, not SQUEEAGE...

:P

#10 @Oilanderp
August 22 2011, 12:01AM

Nation Radio: All the latest breaking news from a week or so ago!

THANKS WANYE!

#11 Wanye
August 22 2011, 12:12AM
@Oilanderp wrote:

Nation Radio: All the latest breaking news from a week or so ago!

THANKS WANYE!

If we had a banner, that's what it would read.

TRUE THAT

#12 TigerUnderGlass
August 22 2011, 01:06AM

This is the first time I have heard Brownlee's voice - I am the only one who was shocked at how little his voice matched my expectation of what he would sound like?

#13 I tried it at home
August 22 2011, 09:16AM

Ok, am I the only one who cant get the segments to play?? Is it my computer/software or are you guys on a diffrent frequency that only wanye-bots can hear? Dang

#14 I'm a Scientist!
August 22 2011, 09:42AM

@I tried it at home

I can't load them either. Hmm...

#15 Wanye
August 22 2011, 10:04AM
I tried it at home wrote:

WHAAAAAA? Just click on play? Works for me. Anyone else?

*gets ready to start smashing stuff around the room*

#16 I'm a Scientist!
August 22 2011, 10:18AM

I click and I click and I click... nothing happens. SMYTTTTTTY AWAITS!!!!!!!!! *click* *click* *click*

#17 geoilersgist
August 22 2011, 10:47AM

Just listened, it worked fine for me. Ahh Smytty you are a hero. Great show again RB

#18 I'm a Scientist!
August 22 2011, 10:54AM

Works now...but opens in a new page. Odd. Not the normal process.

#19 Charlie Huddy
August 22 2011, 01:14PM

Smyttty's velvety voice is soothing these ear holes.

#20 I tried it at home
August 22 2011, 07:32PM

I have pushed play over and over again, in both official languages and in various positions, some less "interesting" then others... Nothing. Nada. Zip. Don'work, man