NATION RADIO - AUGUST 6, 2011

NationRadio
August 07 2011 01:25PM

This week on NationRadio we have Dustin Nielson of Team 1260, Nation Network Scribe Cam Charron, Pat McLean from the awesome blog Black Dog Hates Skunks, Bob Ridley from the Medicine Hat Tigers and the recent RNH media scrum from World Juniors.

Enjoy!

Segment 1

Dustin Nielson - Host of Nielson & Chase Show tells us about the new show on Team 1260 “Inside Hockey.” He also discusses the World Junior Prospect Camp including the goaltending outlook for the team, RNH and Dillon Simpson.

Segment 2

Cam Charron a new and already treasured Voice of the Nation stops by to discuss the importance of faceoffs in today's game among advanced statistic talk.

Segment 3

The blogging institution that is Pat McLean from the legendary blog Black Dog Hates Skunks engages Lowetide in some blog talk and discusses Oilers Drafts through the ages.

Segment 4

Bob Ridley - Play by Play man for the Medicine Hat Tigers - weighs in on Oilers Goaltending prospect Tyler Bunz as well as the possibility of a new arena in Medicine Hat.

Segment 5

A pre-recroded interview with Oklahoma City Barons Head Coach Todd Nelson. The Coach discusses various Oilers prospects, the concept of "too much depth" and provides an ECHL update.

Segment 6

A replay of the considerable media scrum surrounding the RNH at World Junior Camp.

Full Podcast

ADVERTISERS UNITE!

Recent efforts to recruit advertisers have led to four new companies signing on to NationRadio for the upcoming NHL season. Are you interested in advertising your company with some of the best value radio ads in Northern Alberta? Why not send your ol' pal Wanye an email at wanyegretz@gmail.com and we can talk about it some more.

Or we can talk about whatever you want - it's your dime!

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 Peff
August 07 2011, 01:27PM

Stay Firsty my friends !

#2 Wanye
August 07 2011, 01:29PM
Peff wrote:

Stay Firsty my friends !

Well played!

ALSO WANYE SO STUPID AND SO SLOW I WISH HE WAS FIRED FROM THIS PLACE SO DUMB

#3 OilerLand
August 07 2011, 01:54PM

I have no energy to make fun of Wanye. Summer is soooo stupid. Hurry October, faster...

You imbecile....

#4 Lowetide
August 07 2011, 02:08PM

That's like a 24 hour turnaround. Carrying those heavy cartons of mp3's up that monster hill to Wanye's castle has to account for 18 of those hours. Well done!

#5 mslepp
August 07 2011, 02:13PM

Look at Nielson go... making LCC broadcast grads proud, albeit in Oil Country.

#6 Zimmy
August 07 2011, 02:35PM

What, this is already 24 hours old! I want next weeks, damnit Wanye!

#7 justDOit
August 07 2011, 03:12PM

re: Fraser and KP. Not trying to defend the draft record of those guys, but it should be stated that the recent picks from MBS have a great support system to rely on.

#8 Lowetide
August 07 2011, 03:18PM
justDOit wrote:

Yeah, that's part of it. I'm actually preparing an article about the nomadic life of the Oilers AHL team during the KP era.

#9 David S
August 07 2011, 03:26PM

All chirping aside, 24 hours is a pretty fast turnaround.

Nice job Wanye!*

*And yes, that IS what she said.

#10 Wanye
August 07 2011, 03:47PM
Zimmy wrote:

What, this is already 24 hours old! I want next weeks, damnit Wanye!

I AGREE WHERE IS THE ONE FROM THE WEEK THE OILERS WIN THE CUP NEXT STUPID WANYE

#11 justDOit
August 07 2011, 04:03PM
Lowetide wrote:

That's a great idea for an article. We can then connect the dots for the players who failed to make the bigs.

#12 Wanyes bastard child
August 07 2011, 04:41PM

Im just happy and relieved to see the nation radio put in quick and timely manner, props Wanye.

signed

~30~

#13 Zimmy
August 07 2011, 04:44PM

@Wanye

All kidding aside big thanks Wanye these shows make the summer months a lot more tolerable

#14 Dan the Man
August 07 2011, 06:35PM

Do I have to pay to advertise my love for Nation Radio?

#15 @Oilanderp
August 07 2011, 08:51PM

Cool, I was going to listen to this but then I realized it was old news. GOOD JOB DUMBSHEADS!

Also, Cam Charron needs to be much much clearer and precise in communicating what he uses to analyze. I can't tell if he is precise because it is unclear as to what his variables are. I'm not usually the dumbest one in the class so if I find his secret equations unclear, then surely others must as well.

EDIT: SHUT UP DUMBHEADS, AND CAN I GET THIS IN 8 TRACK HAHA WANYE SHADDAP +1

#16 Wanye
August 07 2011, 08:57PM
Dan the Man wrote:

Do I have to pay to advertise my love for Nation Radio?

That depends. Would you?

*crosses fingers briefly, then wanders off into the night*

#17 @Oilanderp
August 07 2011, 09:16PM

Wanye to make some advertising money you should make a poll as to the names of everyone's significant other @ ON. When you discover that 473 ppl are involved with a girl named Cynthia*, maybe you can convince them to all throw in 5 bucks each to raise a billboard for the day reading "Cynthia, You're Half-Decent n Stuff".

*The best part is when we discover that although there are 473 ppl involved with Cynthia, there are only 73.5** Cynthias.

** .5? Who are we to judge?!

#18 OilerLand
August 08 2011, 12:38AM

That's not a commercial, that is a video of Dustin Penner playing goal.

WHOAAAAA OH NO YOU DIDN'T

#19 Jon
August 08 2011, 08:33AM
@Oilanderp wrote:

EDIT: SHUT UP DUMBHEADS, AND CAN I GET THIS IN 8 TRACK HAHA WANYE SHADDAP +1

You're not alone...I find the other guys around the internet who analyze statistically to write articles or blogs that are much clearer. And after reading thoroughly, it's not because Cam Charron is doing anything more complicated. Even the radio interview wasn't very clear. To be honest, his articles are sort of a pain to read, this (blog writing) does not seem to be his forte.

#20 Matt Henderson
August 08 2011, 09:38AM

@@Oilanderp

I have completely disagreed with his last 2 articles. It seems as though he chooses a stat at random then pulls a result out of a hat and says that one means the other.

I dont get it.

EDIT: I'm also not used to being the dumbest guy in the class

#21 Dan the Man
August 08 2011, 09:42AM
Wanye wrote:

That depends. Would you?

*crosses fingers briefly, then wanders off into the night*

I've got a stack of Canadian Tire money with your name written all over it.

#22 camsoilers
August 09 2011, 02:31AM

Is it me or does the coach from OKC need a interview coach. He say's "like a" every two seconds. Listen to Tom Renney he is such a smooth speaker. Very eloquent. Get this guy some help because he is a great coach he may spend some significant time in front of a camera