PHOTOSHOP CONTEST UPDATE AND SMYTH OMEN

Wanye
September 01 2011 10:00PM

Ah yes, is there anything funnier than photoshop contests? In a word: No.

This Thursday evening finds the stunning blonde locks on Lauren Pronger gleaming in the September sunshine and the unfairly crisp air is signalling that hockey season will soon be upon us.

Sweet.

CONTEST EXTENSION

At the request of several heavy hitters in previous photoshop contests, we are extending the deadline until next Wednesday. Of the entries we have received so far we have called the audible that the two pics above are the first two finalists out of the final 5 we will post.

The theme? What if the Oilers had one of their many breaks go the other way? What if Lauren Pronger had her trade request denied and ol' 44 and the Oilers were able to work things out? What if recently interviewed Jason Bonsignore had been a superstar for the Copper and Orange instead of a Grade A bomb?

Remember that Oodle Noodle is going to send lunch for 10 people to your work if you live in Edmonton and if you win. Think you are popular now because you "always bring the best thing to the Christmas Pot Luck lunch?" Candy cane Rice Krispie squares ain't got nothing on free Oodle Noodle. You will probably be named a Director of the company within a week of winning the contest.

Shoot your ol' pal Wanye your contest entries Nation. Your career could depend on it!

SMYTH OMEN

A new month means nothing to the onslaught of Smyth Omens flooding the market. Our main man Evan sent the pic above with the explanation:

"The other day my Dad asked me to pick up his mail from his mailbox, and then proceeded to nonchalantly tell me that his mailbox was #94. I was taken aback that such a Smyth omen had been under my nose this entire time. #94 protecting our paychecks, thank you Sir! Also of note is the lucky S.O.B. who gets the #99 mailbox."

One would have to think that a number 94 mailbox would be a valuable asset indeed. Not only is it the hardest working mailbox on the squad but it is durable too - rarely remaining broken for long. Years from now historians will note what a lucky fellow Evan has been.

As always if the religious experience that is Ryan Smyth returning home has affected you in any way - and you managed to snap a picture - send em to your ol' pal Wanye at wanyegretz@gmail.com

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
Blog so hard motherf**ckers try and find me. Email me at wanyegretz@gmail.com or tweet me @wanyegretz provided it is about Jordan Eberle or babes.
Avatar
#2 bigfan
September 01 2011, 10:05PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

smitty is

Avatar
#3 Big Perm
September 01 2011, 10:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Still hasn't sunken in that Smytty's back.

Let's get Fernie back and put them with Horcs.

Loved that line.

Avatar
#4 Robin Brownlee
September 01 2011, 10:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
31
cheers
Wanye wrote:

FIST!

Delete me Brownlee. I can restore any comment I chose!

It's "choose," knucklehead. Choose. Restore that.

Avatar
#5 Oilcruzer
September 01 2011, 10:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers
Robin Brownlee wrote:

It's "choose," knucklehead. Choose. Restore that.

Now that's freaking hilarious!

Avatar
#7 I tried it at home
September 01 2011, 10:28PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Props to Brownlee, my mom was a teacher and Im cursed with spelling-itis and gud dickshun. Just an aside but I was listening to Mssrs Brownlee and John Short on 1260 today and had a great time doing so. I phoned in to ask Meg Morrison but I'll put it here too, has anyone thought to ask Mr Short if he'd be interested in writing on OilersNation? Just wondering, I have no idea whar the protocols of such a move would be.

Avatar
#8 Wax Man Riley
September 01 2011, 11:17PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Robin Brownlee wrote:

It's "choose," knucklehead. Choose. Restore that.

We need a multi props-button. I have been trying to repeatedly prop that for 10 minutes

Avatar
#9 Wax Man Riley
September 01 2011, 11:19PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

I'm amazed that whoever did the top PhoSho-contest entry was able to get a picture of Lauren on a good day.

Avatar
#10 Wanyes bastard child
September 01 2011, 11:21PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers

If I had any computer skills beyond knowing how to turn one on and find the internet I would probably choose (see how to properly spell it papa?) the screaming Messier photo from lowetides article and combine it with a 300 "This is Sparta!" theme.

Something along the lines of;

"What if Messier never left the Oilers?"

(insert awesomly cool photo shopped image here)

Do I win?

Avatar
#11 Dog Train
September 01 2011, 11:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Loving the Smyth omens. Don't know if I can fully appreciate his return until he hits the ice in Oilers silks. Too sweet.

Avatar
#12 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
September 02 2011, 12:10AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
Wanye wrote:

FIST!

Delete me Brownlee. I can restore any comment I chose!

HA!*

*Damn it feels good to be a FISTer

Avatar
#13 geoilersgist
September 02 2011, 07:53AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers

There is nothing better than waking up in the morning and seeing a good fist

Avatar
#14 The Towel Boy
September 02 2011, 07:55AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers

I can't wait until hockey starts. Please start soon, hockey. Please.

Avatar
#15 Matt Henderson
September 02 2011, 08:15AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
Wax Man Riley wrote:

We need a multi props-button. I have been trying to repeatedly prop that for 10 minutes

I'm hoping for a Props tracking system with Leaderboards.

I want to know who owns the all-time record.

Avatar
#16 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
September 02 2011, 08:18AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers
Matt Henderson wrote:

I'm hoping for a Props tracking system with Leaderboards.

I want to know who owns the all-time record.

We were over 1200 props during that Propsapoluza a while back before I stopped counting.

A leaderboard would be awesome.

Props to that

Avatar
#17 Pronger's Wife
September 02 2011, 08:26AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

"What if Lauren Pronger found out her trade request had been DENIED"?!!!

NEVER!! I am never denied!! This was a family decision that we made together anyway. Besides, Chris was home in bed by 10:00 each and every night, so he just needed to go somewhere where he could get out more - you know, to spread his wings. It had nothing to do with me.

Love, Lauren

Avatar
#18 Matt Henderson
September 02 2011, 08:35AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement

I envision a leaderboard link next to "media" at the top of the page and an individual count that everyone can see if they click on the Commentor's name, much like the current Star, Goat, and Tagline fields.

Get it done Wanye.

Avatar
#19 justDOit
September 02 2011, 09:06AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Pronger's Wife wrote:

"What if Lauren Pronger found out her trade request had been DENIED"?!!!

NEVER!! I am never denied!! This was a family decision that we made together anyway. Besides, Chris was home in bed by 10:00 each and every night, so he just needed to go somewhere where he could get out more - you know, to spread his wings. It had nothing to do with me.

Love, Lauren

Hilarious, Lauren! I think the FIST post was for you!

Avatar
#20 Chris.
September 02 2011, 10:09AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Matt Henderson wrote:

I'm hoping for a Props tracking system with Leaderboards.

I want to know who owns the all-time record.

I'm only interested if it is an average props per comment stat...

Avatar
#21 Matt Henderson
September 02 2011, 10:42AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers

@Chris.

Dont worry Chris. Here at NationMetrics Inc. We can calculate P/60 (Props per 60 comments, P/W (Props per artricle written by a specific writer) and P/CP (Props per comment page)

If you want to know on average how many props you receive on page 3 of a Willis Article, we can do that for you*

Once we establish a negative props button we will also be able to record the PAA, or Props Against Average.

*accuracy +-100%

Avatar
#22 The Towel Boy
September 02 2011, 10:44AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
Matt Henderson wrote:

Dont worry Chris. Here at NationMetrics Inc. We can calculate P/60 (Props per 60 comments, P/W (Props per artricle written by a specific writer) and P/CP (Props per comment page)

If you want to know on average how many props you receive on page 3 of a Willis Article, we can do that for you*

Once we establish a negative props button we will also be able to record the PAA, or Props Against Average.

*accuracy +-100%

None of those metrics take into account the quality of competition for props.

...just saying.

Avatar
#23 Matt Henderson
September 02 2011, 10:46AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@The Towel Boy

It's in the works.

Avatar
#24 book¡e
September 02 2011, 11:28AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Be sure to show us ALL of the entries, not just the top five!

Avatar
#25 positivebrontefan
September 02 2011, 01:53PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

We missed a Smyth omen by a few days, Brownlee has 95 pages of articles and Gregor has 99...

Just sayin'...

Avatar
#26 book¡e
September 02 2011, 02:01PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers

OMG - another omen, right here on this page. The ON Stanley Cup image at the top of this page, the one that starts with 'W. Gretzky". It is showing 94 letters (counting partial letters).

Avatar
#27 Anti-Fist
September 02 2011, 02:59PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers

I'm all for a binding poll on whether to or not to banish the gay fist movement. I read the comments on this article and forgot what the hell the article is about because all people are doing is fisting each other or correcting each others spelling. When the comments are reduced to dribble I might as well just read the article. The people with anything good to say are getting to be few and far between because their getting turned off by the ignoramus's trolling for attention. Ban the fist movement so we can have good hockey debate, please.

Avatar
#28 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
September 02 2011, 03:25PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers
Anti-Fist wrote:

I'm all for a binding poll on whether to or not to banish the gay fist movement. I read the comments on this article and forgot what the hell the article is about because all people are doing is fisting each other or correcting each others spelling. When the comments are reduced to dribble I might as well just read the article. The people with anything good to say are getting to be few and far between because their getting turned off by the ignoramus's trolling for attention. Ban the fist movement so we can have good hockey debate, please.

If you want a good hockey talk then look at any of the actual hockey articles. The greatest thing about this site is that along with endless discussions about Hopkins making the team or if Gagner is a legit 2nd line center, we get the lighter side of Wanye. We get an article that doesn't have to do with dissecting point totals and intangibles. It has to do with making funny and sometimes very well done pictures, or the release of The Carter IV (still waiting for the review wanye) or some good old fashioned ghost riding.

We've had a poll on FISTing or the Anti-FIST and it's damn close let me tell you, too close to say one side wins. And so will continue this little game.

I say good day.

Avatar
#29 David S
September 02 2011, 03:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement wrote:

If you want a good hockey talk then look at any of the actual hockey articles. The greatest thing about this site is that along with endless discussions about Hopkins making the team or if Gagner is a legit 2nd line center, we get the lighter side of Wanye. We get an article that doesn't have to do with dissecting point totals and intangibles. It has to do with making funny and sometimes very well done pictures, or the release of The Carter IV (still waiting for the review wanye) or some good old fashioned ghost riding.

We've had a poll on FISTing or the Anti-FIST and it's damn close let me tell you, too close to say one side wins. And so will continue this little game.

I say good day.

Not to mention that the F--- guys will soon have their own website, which as we all know lends a definitive air of legitimacy.

*Grinds teeth, looks up at sky and makes a balled hand. Falls to knees and pounds balled hand repeatedly into the sand.*

http://youtu.be/CsbYx6hevoQ

Avatar
#30 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
September 02 2011, 05:19PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Wait a sec.... did I miss something here??

I always thought FIST was an acronysm (sp?)

Doesn't it mean F&%$ING IDIOT STEVE TAMBELLINI???

Avatar
#31 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
September 02 2011, 05:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
book¡e wrote:

OMG - another omen, right here on this page. The ON Stanley Cup image at the top of this page, the one that starts with 'W. Gretzky". It is showing 94 letters (counting partial letters).

Dude, what are you smoking, I went back and counted the letters...even the partial ones, and I got well over 99, and no, I didn't count the periods.

Start sharing the good stuff bookie

Avatar
#32 buttermilk buscuits
September 02 2011, 05:38PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Is it considered a Smyth Omen if I seen a number 94 lincense plate in the lovely city of Calgary? Or is that just not enough? I have such proof..but felt it was kind of lame..why would Smyth me lurking the streets of Calgary?? could it be him possibly trying to convince former team canada teamate Jarome Iginla to come north where the streets will soon be filled with Stanley Cup parades year after year??

Avatar
#33 Anti-F@%!
September 02 2011, 05:51PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

The F*%! movement is something I expect from flames nation. Take that steely. I said it and you know down in your heart its true. Don't comment cause there's no point, and I am done with this article. Word.

Avatar
#34 book¡e
September 02 2011, 06:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers
Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate wrote:

Dude, what are you smoking, I went back and counted the letters...even the partial ones, and I got well over 99, and no, I didn't count the periods.

Start sharing the good stuff bookie

Oh, wait, you counted them. That seems like a big waste of time. Why would anyone count them?

The whole point of this stuff is to believe - man, you just gotta believe. Do you think the Jesus toast would stand up to rigorous analysis such as counting.

Besides, why would anyone just make stuff like that up.

Listen up - THERE ARE 94 LETTERS IN THE STANLEY CUP IMAGE. I have now stated it in capital letters. It is clearly true. Everyone else on Oilers Nation knows that it is true, so why don't you just forget about your counting and accept facts like everyone else here!

Avatar
#35 Wanyes bastard child
September 02 2011, 07:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
book¡e wrote:

Oh, wait, you counted them. That seems like a big waste of time. Why would anyone count them?

The whole point of this stuff is to believe - man, you just gotta believe. Do you think the Jesus toast would stand up to rigorous analysis such as counting.

Besides, why would anyone just make stuff like that up.

Listen up - THERE ARE 94 LETTERS IN THE STANLEY CUP IMAGE. I have now stated it in capital letters. It is clearly true. Everyone else on Oilers Nation knows that it is true, so why don't you just forget about your counting and accept facts like everyone else here!

I see what you did here ;)

It's like asking "how many months have 28 days in them?"

Avatar
#36 Raider Jesse
September 02 2011, 07:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Blam picture sent.

Avatar
#37 book¡e
September 02 2011, 10:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Wanyes bastard child wrote:

I see what you did here ;)

It's like asking "how many months have 28 days in them?"

Pretty sure it's just February with 28 days and that just in non-leap years¡

I never counted the letters, I just wanted to see how many other internet sloths would find the time to do so - now we know that there is at least one.

Avatar
#38 Oilcruzer
September 02 2011, 11:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
book¡e wrote:

Pretty sure it's just February with 28 days and that just in non-leap years¡

I never counted the letters, I just wanted to see how many other internet sloths would find the time to do so - now we know that there is at least one.

Ummm, I think they all have 28...

Avatar
#39 Wanyes bastard child
September 02 2011, 11:47PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Oilcruzer wrote:

Ummm, I think they all have 28...

He included the upside down ! so he knew the real answer eh ;)

Comments are closed for this article.