Dig up the ABBA gold!!

Jason Strudwick
January 01 2012 02:43PM

"There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando!"

Cue up that song dj, Fernando cometh to Sweden!

Santa came a few days late for the team and fans of Sodertajle Sk, but the important thing is he delivered! My old team mate and friend Fernando Pisani is coming to play with Ssk for the rest of the season.

He is a great addition to our squad. With three important games this week, Fernando is coming at just the right time. If I am being honest we were really trying to get Pi's youngest son, with whom the two of us skated before I came over. I thought he was better than his dad most days. Unfortunately there is an age floor so Pi is our boy!

"They were shining there for you and me and liberty Fernando..."

Can't wait for them to play that song when he scores!

5cf6b487166aced0cd781e41bfef915e
#1 The Real Scuba Steve
January 01 2012, 02:46PM

Fist to agree with ya.

#2 dohfOs
January 01 2012, 02:52PM

Did you get to celebrate a Swedish Christmas on Christmas eve Jason? With Donald Duck and Karl-Bertil Jonsson. Classics.

#3 Maggie the Monkey
January 01 2012, 06:04PM

I was wondering about Pisani the other day, hoping (without much actual hope) that the Oilers would pick him up for the second half of the season to better fill the role that Petrell is struggling with.

It's great news that he'll be back playing professionally again, though, and I hope the best for him and his family in Sweden.

#4 dawgtoy
January 01 2012, 06:40PM

Good Luck Fern, you'll always have a spot in my Oiler memories for 2006. My wife and I had just put our newborn daughter down for the night, it was game 5 and we needed the shorty, nuff said. My screams of joy clearly scared the life from my wife and indefinitely woke my baby girl, it took an hour to calm her down. I still get reminded about that one today, but I always smile remembering the goal.

#5 Spydyr
January 01 2012, 08:21PM

Glad Fernando found a place to play for the rest of the year.Hoping you light it up over there and get another shot in the show.

#6 Dog Train
January 01 2012, 09:35PM

Nice to hear that Pies is continuing to play pro hockey. He was always a favourite of mine. Good luck Fernie!

#7 Dodd
January 02 2012, 08:31AM

If you like hockey, you like Fernando Pisani.

#8 Smyth94ever
January 02 2012, 09:01AM

Good for Fernando! I miss him still (yeah...I'm an old timer that has trouble letting go)! All the best to you in Ssk, Pi!

#9 Greg Stink | ESPN
January 02 2012, 10:59AM

Time to dust off my Pisani Jersey!!!

#10 Love Monkey
January 02 2012, 11:35AM

Two classy guys in Ssk! Is there a way to follow your games? Online stream? Something like that? Good luck to both of you!

#11 Oilerbill
January 02 2012, 12:13PM

All the best for Fernando... hopefully his health holds up and he can make it back to the show soon!

#12 Romulus' Apotheosis
January 02 2012, 01:05PM

Hey Struds... send back updates of you and Fernando walking all over the competition! Good luck in the new year to both of you!

#13 ubermiguel
January 02 2012, 01:20PM

Glad to hear Fernando's playing pro still. Love the way he plays in his own end, I'll bet Sodertajle Sk's goals against drops big time.

#14 Snoeflekz
January 03 2012, 06:15AM
Love Monkey wrote:

HockeyAllsvenskan games are broadcast online by Viasat (TV10 or Viasat Hockey) or newspaper Aftonbladet (S24): http://viaplay.se/sport/hockeyallsvenskan-live/hockeyallsvenskan-live http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/s24/ Current broadcast schedule can be found here: http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/spelschema/tv

Now, I have no idea whether or not these streams are available outside Sweden, but I guess you could contact Viasat or Aftonbladet to find out. Viasat/TV10: http://viaplay.se/help/view/support (Form is in Swedish, but you can contact them via the Facebook or Twitter links to the right if you prefer.) Aftonbladet/S24: support@s24.se

If you just want to follow the live scores, go to http://stats.swehockey.se/ Look for "Hockeyallsvenskan" under "Games Today".

#15 roger törnkvist
January 03 2012, 04:33PM

@Love Monkey

Im a swedish guy who follows ssk and dallas stars. If you wanna fallow ssk go in to viasat.se...

#16 Chribsson
January 10 2012, 05:27AM

And now he´s gone... To bad that Fernando wouldn´t stay but now I´m worried about you. Are we treating you allright, and are your family getting the proper support from the club and the people around it? I realy hope so, cause we need you to stay man, your awesome! Feels like I´m watching a NHL-game when your on the ice. Anyway- Hang in there! I´ll be on section A, watching and cheering as usual. P.S If you and your family need a homecooked meal, me and my wife would be happy to have you over some night.