KHL HIGHLIGHTS - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012

Steve Dangle
October 10 2012 10:02PM

Fellow Nations contributer Andrey Osadchenko and I have started making highlight packs in English for the KHL youtube channel this season. Like them? We can make it a regular feature here at the Nations.

Enjoy!

Sergei Kostitsyn nets a bouncy OT-winner past Anton Khudobin. Actually a pretty ridiculous end to a great game.

Ak Bars Kazan finally ends their losing streak off a pretty slick shootout winner.

Anton Volchenkov's Torpedo wins a goal-fest against Viktor Hedman's Barys Astana.

And the whole shabang, including all three highlight packs above, and more.

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
#1 hunkybill
October 10 2012, 10:38PM

FIST

#2 RexLibris
October 10 2012, 11:00PM

I have a fever. And the only prescription is more Yakupov.

Nice collection. I did that Medvedev shootout move in road hockey all the time. Plus a 360 spin at center. Honest.

I especially like the commentary.

#3 Wanye
October 10 2012, 11:36PM

ME LIKEY

#4 treblecharger
October 11 2012, 12:47AM

Thanks for this, Dangle & Andrey! Looks & sounds great, keep 'em comin'!

#5 Manfly
October 11 2012, 05:49AM

i could care a less about what our players are doing elsewhere for somebody else's team...the players need to do their part to help end this lockout and get back to work over here for their NHL teams. but the highlights were appreciated!

#7 Peanut Sauce
October 11 2012, 08:22AM

Keep the vids coming!

#8 RMGS
October 11 2012, 08:55AM

Is it just me, or is this one damn good hockey league? Is there a KHL equivalent to NHL Gamecentre Live?

#9 Woogie
October 11 2012, 09:26AM

major props!

#10 adamb
October 11 2012, 12:14PM
RMGS wrote:

If you can get it, ESPN is carrying the KHL games.

#11 kidgloves
October 11 2012, 01:49PM

I've been watching the khl since the season started, and like I stated in an earlier post it is some damn entertaining hockey everybody is fast everyone can dangle its a very up tempo style played by all teams. I haven't seen a boring game yet the nhl should be wary this league is at par with the nhl. nhl players don't stick out as better and in fact a few (evander kane) have looked down right average in this league...on a side note I saw babchuk play in a game and although his offensive side looked terrible he played well defensive taking the body on more than a few occasions and creaming a guy in front of the net to save a goal...

#12 geoilersgist
October 11 2012, 03:22PM

These are awesome!!

#13 Morgie99
October 11 2012, 10:40PM
kidgloves wrote:

i DON'T DOUBT IT

CAN'T WAIT FOR A CANADIAN PROVIDER TO START SHOWING GAMES

whoops, sorry for caps

I'd have no problem watching this instead of nhl

maybe that realization is what it takes for the nhl to figure things out

#14 Tenbrucelees
October 13 2012, 04:11AM

These are terrific. Echo the post about the great commentary