Malkin & Kulemin light it up, Ovechkin scores and gets punchy, and more KHL Highlights

Steve Dangle
October 22 2012 11:04PM

Lots of KHL goodness today. Malkin puts up 4 points and helps Nikolai Kulemin get two of his own, Ovechkin scores and helps Nicklas Backstrom get his first KHL point, and he gets a little punchy, too.

Enjoy

Damn it Kulemin looks good with Malkin. I think Malkin could even make me look good, and I have the skating speed of a glacier.

Ovechkin scores, sauce, and scraps as he is reunited with Nicklas Backstrom in the KHL.

Alexei Ponikarovsky and Ruslan Fedtotenko team up to win for Donbass.

And this little guy's got all in one, plus more :)

6b6884e175cda86e6828bab0537236ad
#1 MSG
October 23 2012, 07:04AM

Props to OV for decking the guy wearing #99. RESPECT.

#2 Reg Dunlop
October 23 2012, 12:08AM

I don't know what to say. As much as I appreciate the effort to cover the KHL, my interest in a league on the other side of the world with one Oiler playing... well, it's dwindling.

#3 The Oilers Shot Clock
October 23 2012, 02:33AM

If this were an Olympic year, I would bet the farm on Russia.

#4 OilDieHard
October 23 2012, 07:03AM

great highlights, thanks for them, but i have to admit i'm not missing the NHL much right now, there's the baseball playoffs, NFL and CFL football, and of course the Oil Kings.

#5 j
October 23 2012, 08:36AM
Reg Dunlop wrote:

I dunno - the action seems a lot more exciting than NHL hockey many nights. Big ice surface. Lots of dangle/skill. Less fourth liners. Granted we are only seeing highlights but it looks pretty good to me.

#7 The Keystone Garter
October 23 2012, 11:58AM

With worse goalies it means more puck-possession and offense in KHL. If the Jets have the roster room I like R.Moser. A hockey blog did a lobby for his linemate G.Black who went 135th. Moser is only a little worse. I'm assuming no PP time and on pace for 20 goals, a gentle progression.

#8 @Oilanderp
October 23 2012, 02:10PM
MSG wrote:

Props to OV for decking the guy wearing #99. RESPECT.

There were TWO players wearing 99. One on each team! I demand the KHL immediately shutdown forever as an appropriate compensation for this atrocity.

Nicklas Backstrom, you should know better, you dickball.

#9 The Keystone Garter
October 23 2012, 03:52PM

Weird THN has Backstrom way down their best centres list. As an asset he has injury issues but for best, is way up there. Is R.Moser UFA eligible? Is it two rounds or 20 yrs of age, UFA? Only a summer window after one yr? A 5 yr two way contract would be sweet given some big salaries now. Roll over the pick if you have to you usually get more anyway.