Nation Radio - March 17, 2012

NationRadio
March 18 2012 11:09AM

After another glorious victory over the sinking Calgary Flames, there was little else to do Saturday but sit back and gloat. Oh, and talk about Oilers prospects, advanced analytics and...

This is Nation Radio.

Segment 1

Oklahoma City Barons play-by-play man Jim Byers is featured in part one. He updates listeners on everything to do with OKC, including Clear Day roster decisions and the improved play of Tyler Pitlick.

Segment 2

Cult of Hockey's Bruce McCurdy is the guest for segment two. He and Allan run through the Hall hit and Friday's game against Calgary and talk a little bit about the Oilers interest in analytics.

Segment 3

Nation overlord Kent Wilson makes his regular appearance. Kent runs through the Flames chances of making the playoffs, the cup of coffee for Sven Baertschi and how close Calgary may or may not be to a rebuild.

Segment 4

Canucks Army lead writer and editor Thomas Drance joins Allan in part four, talking about how the Canucks have fared post trade deadline, and the changing role of Ryan Kesler.

Segment 5

Oilers' alum Mike Krushelnyski is Allan's guest for the fifth part of Nation Radio, and they go into some detail on the Oilers' glory days.

Segment 6

Some thoughts from Allan to close out the show, as well Tom Renney's post-game against Calgary make up segment six.

Full

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 PeOiler
March 18 2012, 11:11AM

So, am I the first to complain that I can't listen to more than 5 min or so on any of these?

you spelled first wrong :)-ed.

#2 Kent Wilson
March 18 2012, 12:22PM

@PeOiler

They all work for me.

#3 Lowetide
March 18 2012, 12:29PM

PeOiler: works for me too.

#4 Spot The Loon
March 18 2012, 12:54PM

Not working for me either. I can hear the first few seconds of each segment and then silence while the file is still playing.

#5 Kent Wilson
March 18 2012, 01:18PM

Not sure what the issue is for others, but you can always choose to right click and "save as" each file and then listen to them from your computer.

#6 Justin Azevedo
March 18 2012, 01:50PM

working for me too.

#7 shuddertothink
March 18 2012, 04:34PM

Hey guys. The nation radio segments haven't worked for me for over a month now. It either goes silent after 10 seconds or so or after 5 minutes just as you get into it. The timer bar keeps moving along but no sound at all.

I tried reloading, refreshing, but nada.

Tried in chrome mainly but it doesn't work on IE either.

#8 @Oilanderp
March 18 2012, 04:45PM

Faster Faster you moron!!!!

#9 BaconWrapped
March 18 2012, 04:52PM

Are these still being posted as a podcast to iTunes? I checked earlier today and the most recent one was from feb.

#10 PeOiler
March 18 2012, 10:00PM

I thought it was just my old computer, then I figured it was my old computer and my phone. When my girlfriends PC did the same I thought I'd mention it.

Exact same problem as shuddertothink. The 'right-click-save-as' still only gets up to 1-5 min, even though the filesize looks to be correct.

#11 geoilersgist
March 19 2012, 09:23AM

Is segment two only supposed to be 2:34? otherwise they all worked for me. When my sound stopped I just paused then play again and it worked fine.

#12 Kent Wilson
March 19 2012, 11:13AM

We'll try to figure things out folks. Not sure what it could be, but we're looking into it.

#13 Wanyes bastard child
March 19 2012, 03:52PM
Kent Wilson wrote:

Don't let Wanye help you... it would take 3 months.

#14 tcho
March 19 2012, 05:54PM

I'm having the same problem as several people have posted above. I'll try right clicking and saving...

#15 Citizen Alpha
March 21 2012, 06:53PM

Hey everyone,

The iTunes feed has been fixed and the new episodes should be up shortly.

The issue with the feed might also be what's causing the hang ups for some of you folks. Please try some of the segments in this article again and let me know if it does NOT work. Please let me know the following details:

1) Your OS 2) Your browser and version

I'll try to replicate the situation. Amazon S3 might just be acting up. FANKS!