Playoff Time, Baby!

Jason Strudwick
April 11 2012 03:30PM

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

I love the first round of the playoffs. It seems like a hockey game is on every minute of the day. The intensity is raised a level or two from the regular season.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the other rounds as well but there is something about the first that as a fan gets me fired up!

This years first round has some great match ups. Everyone is talking about the Pittsburg/Philadelphia series as well as the Vancouver/L.A Kings battle.

I am really looking forward to the Boston Bruin and Washington Capital series. Boston will play their usual rough style against the Caps. The Caps might surprise the Bruins. With players like Ward, Chimera, Laich, Brouwer and Knuble the Caps has the potential to meet the Bruins head on in that style play.

I think this series might go the distance. I could be wrong of course. The Caps also have a few top end players that have been known to pay their two dollars and just public skate during the playoffs. We will know in two weeks!

Crack out the Pilsner and chicken wings. Tell your mom to put a meat loaf in the oven! It is playoff time baby!

5cf6b487166aced0cd781e41bfef915e
#1 Bucknuck
April 11 2012, 03:33PM

Why did you post that pic of Chicken wings... now I am hungry. #gottahavechickenwingsbabyyeah

#2 rob
April 11 2012, 03:50PM

playoffs?whats playoffs,as an oiler fan I am not sure what you are talking about,did we not win last night with the lottery?

#3 Chaz
April 11 2012, 04:13PM

I'm predicting a Pitt / Nash final. Who do you think will be in the finals Struds? First round is amazing. Awesome!

#4 LJAC
April 11 2012, 04:52PM

"The Caps also have a few top end players that have been known to pay their two dollars and just public skate during the playoffs."

Best line ever!!!

#5 Quicksilver ballet
April 11 2012, 05:06PM

Much like in other yrs, the best battles could take place in the first round. Pens/Flyers,Det/Nash, the Kings knocking off the Canucks in the first round. Just surviving the first round may be the most difficult challenge.

#6 TonyT
April 11 2012, 05:45PM

What's the over/under on games before Crosby suffers a career ending injury?

#8 Chris81
April 11 2012, 10:43PM

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! WHERE'S MY MEATLOAF???!!!!

#9 Chaz
April 12 2012, 08:19AM
Jason Strudwick wrote:

I am going to go off the grid for my picks to make into the final.

New York Rangers vs St Louis Blues

Call me crazy but I just have a feeling. It is hard to feel secure with these picks after watching the first two periods of the penguins game!

Pitt looked amazing, especially in the first two periods and they still lost. Is why the playoffs are so good. Anything can happen!

#10 admiralmark
April 12 2012, 01:32PM

Hey Struds can i get that recipe for chicken wings there?