A NEW SIGN

Wanye
August 20 2012 11:33AM

Monday Morning finds us checking WanyeMail for the final addresses for stickers - over 300 people and growing by the by - and we found an email from our main man Yawto who wove a tale so fantastic, indeed a story so stupendous that on a sunny day like today it merits further analysis and may indeed become a whole new thing here on the Nation.

THE TALE

"Hey Wanye,

Last year you taught us to look out for Smytty omens coming our way. As a diligent citizen of the OilersNation I thought I would send you what I believe to be the first sign that the Oilers are destined for future Championship(s) again.

Along the lines of the Smytty omens, I believe the very Earth itself is trying to cure an imbalance that has worked against the mightly Oil since the last dynasty. I have four pictures for you today and one GPS location to show you that I am not faking.

The first is a picture my wife took of me as we travelled across Canada with our family. When one comes upon the fair city of Dryden, Ontario and is presented with a life size photo of the Human rake in an Anaheim Ducks Jersey we dealt with it the only way we could.

Flipping the bird to Anaheim Pronger while giving the Maple Leaf the thumbs up with my other hand.

 

From there, I felt a mighty weight lifted off my shoulders and we carried on with our trip through Ontario. 17 days later as we passed through the middle of that continent disguised as a province, we came upon a sign on the side of the road. It was a small town and to come across a Taylor Street sign was in of itself cool but no big deal.

However, not more than 20 feet past that street do we come across another sign, for one Hall Street. Small town, middle of nowhere, two streets beside each other bearing the name of our own future superstar - Taylor Hall.

That is worth a picture I thought, worth sharing this info with Wanye and seeing if he can decipher what it may mean. So I have my wife turn around, so we can take a picture of said streeets bearing the names of our first overall one and that is when it really starts to get weird.

What do we find next to one Taylor and one Hall street. Well, I will let you look at the final picture and see for yourself.

Long live the Oilers, long live OilersNation.

- Yawto

GPS Co-ordinates N46 19.923' W081 35.087

EXPERT COMMENTARY

"Goose bumps never lie" - Swedish House Mafia

Say what now? Random town has a Taylor street and a Hall street? That in of itself is interesting and the odds of this are already remote. Taylor and Hall Streets are beside Stanley Street you say?! That leaves the realm of unlikely and enters the world of destiny if you ask us.

The unintelligible earthly co-ordinates provided affirm the tale beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Taylor Hall (1 of 3) and Stanley Street all in one town. 

*whistles so loudly that the Nuge grows a chest hair*

A NEW HOPE

Big ups to Yawto for taking the time to take a bunch of pics for us all to enjoy during his vacation. You have done us all all a solid Sir and got us to thinking. The time has arrived Nation.

Time to begin contemplating life somewhere else than the ocean floor of the NHL.

Send us signs that the Oilers are going to win.

You walked outside your "apartment" into the "hall" to find someone had left an empty McDonalds cup on the ground? Yes, you did see Hall with a Cup. You see a baby wildly celebrating in the streets of Edmonton? Yes that is a dress rehearsal for the Nuge's float in the Stanley Cup Parade. A new guy moved in on the floor of your building who has a cousin who knows a guy who once saw a lady who was married to a guy named Jordan?

These aren't coincidences Nation. They are signs. Signs from the very Gods above that the Oilers are going to win the Holy Grail quicker than you can say (insert word that may take 20 years to pronounce.) 

SEND SIGNS TO WANYE

SICK

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
Blog so hard motherf**ckers try and find me. Email me at wanyegretz@gmail.com or tweet me @wanyegretz provided it is about Jordan Eberle or babes.
Avatar
#2 Rallan72
August 20 2012, 11:45AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers

Another sign possibly? Nail wearing number 99 at perry pearns 3 on 3 camp

Avatar
#3 John Chambers
August 20 2012, 11:51AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers

I'm not sure what implication 'Front' is meant to symbolize. Is Hall only going to bring us a cup if he receives a Front-end loaded contract, or are we going to observe a lot of Fronts, "ie boobies" on Whyte avenue when this Stanley Cup party kicks into an escalating frenzy of liquor and supple females.

I'm going to stick with Yawto's positivity and assume that the mighty Oil will soon win a cup and we'll all enjoy the splendour of bare fronts in the moments of jubilation.

"Show your boobies for Doobie."

Good Times.

Avatar
#4 David S
August 20 2012, 11:51AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers
Rallan72 wrote:

Another sign possibly? Nail wearing number 99 at perry pearns 3 on 3 camp

What the...???

BLASPHEMY!!!

Avatar
#5 Freezing Weather Fan
August 20 2012, 12:00PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@John Chambers

I think as long as Renney leaves Hall on forward, the prophecy will stay in line. But with the way our defense health went last year... who knows right?

That being said, I like your ideas for front as well.

Avatar
#6 Calvin
August 20 2012, 12:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers

@Freezing Weather Fan

Er... Renney keeping Hall on forward may be difficult, for a variety of reasons. One being Renney is now with the Red Wings...

Avatar
#7 Wax Man Riley
August 20 2012, 12:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
Freezing Weather Fan wrote:

I think as long as Renney leaves Hall on forward, the prophecy will stay in line. But with the way our defense health went last year... who knows right?

That being said, I like your ideas for front as well.

Wait..... are you saying Hall is going to be traded to the Red Wings??!?!?!?

Avatar
#8 Calvin
August 20 2012, 12:46PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers
Wax Man Riley wrote:

Wait..... are you saying Hall is going to be traded to the Red Wings??!?!?!?

BALDERDASH! GET HIM!

Avatar
#9 Tyler
August 20 2012, 01:01PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
4
cheers

Seriously, we need to organize every single vote for the TSN who is better. Eb's vs. Hall can only end one way. A tie. Also, could this be a sign? No one is better then the Oilers? Source, TSN and all of Canada.

Avatar
#10 Zed
August 20 2012, 01:19PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
10
cheers

Add the last time the Oilers won the cup with the current year 1990+2012=4002. Divide that number by the number of Oiler 1st round draft picks 4002/3=1334. Add all of the current Oilers' roster jersey numbers 739. Subtract with your original number 1334-739=595. Divide that number with the amount of players you can have on an NHL roster 595/23.

Amazing! you get the number of Stanley cups the Oilers will win in the next 50 years.

25.8695652

Coincidence? I think not.

Avatar
#11 Dman09
August 20 2012, 01:21PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
John Chambers wrote:

I'm not sure what implication 'Front' is meant to symbolize. Is Hall only going to bring us a cup if he receives a Front-end loaded contract, or are we going to observe a lot of Fronts, "ie boobies" on Whyte avenue when this Stanley Cup party kicks into an escalating frenzy of liquor and supple females.

I'm going to stick with Yawto's positivity and assume that the mighty Oil will soon win a cup and we'll all enjoy the splendour of bare fronts in the moments of jubilation.

"Show your boobies for Doobie."

Good Times.

No, he's going to be a front for supplying one of the greatest dynasties in history as he was the original 1st overall and that sign also had a north on it implying that its nothing but up from here.

Avatar
#12 DSF
August 20 2012, 01:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Two questions.

What's a quardinate?

Why was Yawto's wife driving?

Should he turn in his man card?

Okay, that's three.

Avatar
#14 David S
August 20 2012, 02:04PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Big ups for Wanye's "Guaranteed stats-free zone" articles.

More please.

Avatar
#16 yawto
August 20 2012, 02:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
3
cheers

When you drive 10,000 km and get your wife to captain the helm for 8500 of it you get a bonus man card for realising you can't surf the interwebs on your phone and follow free agent frenzy on the road while driving.

The real question for dsf is that at home with your boyfriend, do you guys flip a coin to see who gets to wear the man pants on any given night?

Thanks for the shoutout wanye, always doing my best to feed the nation.

Avatar
#17 JL
August 20 2012, 02:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
1
cheers
DSF wrote:

Two questions.

What's a quardinate?

Why was Yawto's wife driving?

Should he turn in his man card?

Okay, that's three.

1) It's a spelling mistake. I'm sure the mighty DSF has made one.

2)Because Yawto was busy helpin Wanye write good articles. Because he wanted to sleep? Does the mighty DSF like to chauffeur girls around instead?

3) Even though you only said two, so there is a mistake of yours already. He should only turn it in if you turn in your woman card because you bitch and complain far to much.

Your post was stupid, irrelevant and unnecessary making mine unnecessary as well. Before you trash another contributing member of this blog please think hard about your life and why you consistently make yourself useless from post to post.

Avatar
#20 Reg Dunlop
August 20 2012, 02:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@DSF

Turn in his man-card? Yawto was tired after driving 2000miles in the previous 24 hours, eating a 72 ounce steak for breakfast and shaving for the third time that morning. Nothing screams "man's man" like a copper and blue bleeding behemoth like Yawto.

Avatar
#21 A-Mc
August 20 2012, 02:54PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

I feel like the good work being done here at the nation is somehow solving the mysteries of the universe piece by piece.

Was the Buddha an ON member?

Avatar
#22 DSF
August 20 2012, 03:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
JL wrote:

1) It's a spelling mistake. I'm sure the mighty DSF has made one.

2)Because Yawto was busy helpin Wanye write good articles. Because he wanted to sleep? Does the mighty DSF like to chauffeur girls around instead?

3) Even though you only said two, so there is a mistake of yours already. He should only turn it in if you turn in your woman card because you bitch and complain far to much.

Your post was stupid, irrelevant and unnecessary making mine unnecessary as well. Before you trash another contributing member of this blog please think hard about your life and why you consistently make yourself useless from post to post.

1) Are you sure?

2) Yes.

3) "too much"

4) Why didn't the dog bark?

Avatar
#23 Kent Wilson
August 20 2012, 03:37PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Can I send in a picture of the Edmonton "City of Champions" sign with me pointing and laughing at it?

Avatar
#24 Reg Dunlop
August 20 2012, 03:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Kent Wilson

Maybe we should re-locate the 'City of Champions' sign to one of the dozens of broken down and abandoned cars on the Deerfoot.

Avatar
#25 J
August 20 2012, 03:51PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
4
cheers

@Kent Wilson

A little history lesson for you Kent.

"On July 31, 1987, a devastating tornado hit the city and killed 27 people. The storm hit the areas of Beaumont, Mill Woods, Bannerman, Fraser, and Evergreen. The day became known as "Black Friday." Then-mayor Laurence Decore cited the community's response to the tornado as evidence that Edmonton was a "city of champions," which later became the city's official slogan."

Laugh if you want.

Avatar
#26 JL
August 20 2012, 04:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
DSF wrote:

1) Are you sure?

2) Yes.

3) "too much"

4) Why didn't the dog bark?

The point has been proven.

Thank you ;)

Avatar
#27 nairn
August 20 2012, 05:22PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Smith Street is between Hall and Taylor+Stanley. Perhaps the prophet who laid out those streets is weak on Oilers spelling? Did he mean Smid or Smytty?

Avatar
#28 Wanyes bastard child
August 20 2012, 05:25PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

I read the title a little too quickly... thought it said "a new son" and got excited that I may have a brother to share in the misery with...

Avatar
#29 Quicksilver ballet
August 20 2012, 05:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

@Kent Wilson

Your mom lent you her car to come to the big city did she...lets see that money shot.

No picture, no proof Kenney.

Avatar
#30 DSF
August 20 2012, 05:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
2
cheers

All those streets are in Ontario.

Maybe Hall wins a coup after he's traded to the Leafs.

Avatar
#31 The Soup Fascist
August 20 2012, 07:21PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
DSF wrote:

All those streets are in Ontario.

Maybe Hall wins a coup after he's traded to the Leafs.

... And I was just thinking to myself, DSF isn't a bad guy, just misunderstood.

The Leafs?? You are a very bad man, Jerry. A very bad man.

Avatar
#32 book¡e
August 20 2012, 07:33PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Seriously, Where is our OilersNation Art Gallery.

It might just be time for an Oilersnation Spring.

Avatar
#33 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
August 20 2012, 10:05PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers

Art gallery? No.

Adhesive Advertisements*.

Where are they Wanye?

* Stickers

Avatar
#34 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
August 21 2012, 01:16AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Cheers
0
cheers
J wrote:

A little history lesson for you Kent.

"On July 31, 1987, a devastating tornado hit the city and killed 27 people. The storm hit the areas of Beaumont, Mill Woods, Bannerman, Fraser, and Evergreen. The day became known as "Black Friday." Then-mayor Laurence Decore cited the community's response to the tornado as evidence that Edmonton was a "city of champions," which later became the city's official slogan."

Laugh if you want.

Checkmate, Sergei. Chowa, Chung.

Comments are closed for this article.