GDB 02: SHARK HUNTING

Jason Gregor
January 22 2013 01:28PM

The Oilers are 19-8-5 (actual ties) in home openers including a perfect 3-0 v. the San Jose Sharks. They beat the Sharks 3-2 in a shootout in 2008, 3-2 in 1993 and 5-2 in 2003, so with it being 2013 it only seems fitting they open their home schedule v. San Jose.

I know technically this is the 2012/2013 season, but their home opener is in 2013 so just go with it.

Both teams won their season openers on the road, Edmonton in Vancouver and San Jose in Calgary, and both will try to become the 9th NHL team to start the season 2-0.

Shawn Horcoff, Sam Gagner, Taylor Hall and Ben Eager weren't on the ice for the optional morning skate. Eager's eye is swollen from his fight against Zack Kassian on Sunday and he won't play tonight. The other three were just resting.

LINEUP

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Horcoff-Hartikainen
paajarvi-Belanger-Petrell

Smid-Petry
N.Schultz- J.Schultz
Whitney - Potter

Dubnyk
Danis

"We'd like to incorporate him into the PK tonight," Krueger said about Paajarvi. When I asked Krueger about having more forwards involved killing penalties he said he plans on using more, but felt they weren't ready for the season opener. He wants to ensure his young guys are well-versed and completely understand the system.

In Vancouver, Krueger and Steve Smith didn't want to disrupt the ryhthm of their defence and they didn't try to hard to match lines. When I asked Krueger his strategy for home games," I look at each game as a different story. A lot of it will depend on how the game is unfolding."

Ladislav Smid liked the strategy in Vancouver because it allowed the defenders to stay in a consistent flow. He also joked that it was nice not having to defend the Sedins every shift. Smid and Jeff Petry both relish the opportunity to try and shut down the opposition's best line, and tonight they expect to see a lot of the Joe Thornton/Patrick Marleau/Joe Pavelski line.

Krueger was very complimentary of Corey Potter today and explained why he has him ahead of Fistric. He likes his body positioning and how he moves the puck. I'm curious to see when Fistric will draw in. The Sharks have a big team, but they aren't overly physical which is why Krueger replaced Eager with Paajarvi. Paajarvi was amped up to play and he is hoping to make a good impression early in the game.
 

SHARKS

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Wingels-Handzus-Galiardi
Mclaren-Desjardins-Burish

Stuart-Vlasic
Boyle-Irwin
Murray- Braun

Niemi

Joe Pavelski is the only right-handed shot in the Sharks top-six, and he's enjoying playing the wing with Thornton and Marleau. "Joe demands the puck a lot, so I've had to alter my game a bit and learn to dish it off, but it is easy because I know Joe will get it back to me in a better position."

The Sharks are without Brent Burns and Jason Demers, and Matt Irwin looked very good in his first NHL game in Calgary. "We put him with Boyle from the first day of camp to make him feel comfortable," said Sharks' head coach Todd Mclellan. "We wanted to instill some confidence in him early by putting him with Boyle and on the PP with Thornton. I saw his confidence grow all week and he looked good in game one."

GAME DAY PREDICTION: The Oilers are a perfect 4-0 in home openers/season openers v. the Sharks. They've won all three home openers in Edmonton and they also beat the Sharks in San Jose to open a season. The Oilers speed will be an issue for the Sharks and they win 4-2.

OBVIOUS GAME DAY PREDICTION: It will feel like a playoff game for fans. The building will be loud, the Octane will unveil a few new routines and with an 8 p.m. start many fans will be a tad "louder" when the game starts. Nail Yakupov scores his first NHL goal and follows it up with a triple fist pump.

NOT-SO-OBVIOUS GAME DAY PREDICTION: When they Oilers start announcing winners of the signed Oiler Jerseys, at least three diehard Oilersnation readers will win. They will instantly brag about it, rightfully so, in the comments section. And knowing Nation readers they will pick guys a jersey like Kurt Brackenbury #15, Stan Weir #21, Dave Brown #32, Jim Dowd #34 or Marty Reasoner's #19. The Nation readers set trends, they don't follow them.

GET OFF YOUR WALLET

You have five days left to win a $5,000 shopping spree at United Cycle or any of the 99 other prizes in the Nation's First Annual hockey draft. It is only $20 bucks with a portion of the funds going to charity. Bragging rights are on the line boys and girls, so enter today. We are almost sold out.

GOOD KARMA...UPDATE

I`m doing my show live at the Pint off Whyte today and at 2:10 Jessie strolled in and handed me a pair of tickets to tonight`s home opener. He wanted to give to a diehard fan. What a guy.

I will be giving them away at 6:30 p.m. You have to be here to win. Good luck.

Ddf3e2ba09069c465299f3c416e43eae
One of Canada's most versatile sports personalities. Jason hosts The Jason Gregor Show, weekdays from 2 to 6 p.m., on TSN 1260, and he writes a column every Monday in the Edmonton Journal. You can follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/JasonGregor
Avatar
#51 Thinker
January 22 2013, 08:47PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Yak city bitch. Yak Yak city bitch.

Avatar
#52 Darrell
January 22 2013, 09:05PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

This sucks ....pull him already

Avatar
#53 michael
January 22 2013, 09:11PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

6-1????? Did I just wake up. What a disaster. No PK.NO zone coverage. Thornton is just running their show. No defensive zone coverage at all. What a dumbass penalty on Hemsky again. And the penalty on Potter was so stupid he just have been given 4 minutes for being a dumbass. the guy was down. The ref was there and then you continue roughing him. What did that accomplish?Nothing. Dubnyk is being left hung out to dry. The second goal I don't give him But the other5 are on the team. Regroup. Focus on man coverage down low. And then generate off the rush. 8-4 final

Avatar
#54 Time Travelling Sean
January 22 2013, 09:18PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

I'm too shamed to complain.

Avatar
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

I still believe. Come back coming!!

Damn this koolaid tastes like piss tonight.

Avatar
#56 Bonvie
January 22 2013, 09:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan wrote:

they could put anyone in net, it wouldnt matter a lick with the coverage around him.

though, at this rate, joey moss better find a place to hide before he gets the green light to go in

You can make the first period highlights into a video manual on how not to play defense or defensive zone coverage in general and include the forwards too. Its tough to watch Bantam or Midget players making these types of obvious mistakes, but these are NHL defenseman. Two D men together behind the net chasing one guy leaving not one but two forwards alone. Chasing behind the net on a 5-3. Two D chasing one player on a 2-2 leaving one guy standing in front of the net alone. You see this sort of coverage often in atom hockey.

For all those that said Edmonton's defense was sub par I salute you guys tonight. Oilers defense made me and everyone else thinking that they would be fine look stupid. There was at least two or three of those D tonight in the first period that looked like they should not be playing professional anywhere.

Avatar
#57 vanreferee
January 22 2013, 09:38PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

I skipped yoga for this....

Avatar
#58 DSF
January 22 2013, 09:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
Bonvie wrote:

You can make the first period highlights into a video manual on how not to play defense or defensive zone coverage in general and include the forwards too. Its tough to watch Bantam or Midget players making these types of obvious mistakes, but these are NHL defenseman. Two D men together behind the net chasing one guy leaving not one but two forwards alone. Chasing behind the net on a 5-3. Two D chasing one player on a 2-2 leaving one guy standing in front of the net alone. You see this sort of coverage often in atom hockey.

For all those that said Edmonton's defense was sub par I salute you guys tonight. Oilers defense made me and everyone else thinking that they would be fine look stupid. There was at least two or three of those D tonight in the first period that looked like they should not be playing professional anywhere.

Who could have seen that coming?

Avatar
#59 yep
January 22 2013, 09:45PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Wow this team sure does suck tonight. I mean, I've seen teams suck before, but these guys are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked...

Avatar
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Ok boys, we just need the next three and we're right back in this.

Avatar
#61 michael
January 22 2013, 10:10PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

On a positive note the Oilers have 2 goals on the PP. Gagner is still a point a game center. MP looks really good tonight. He is skating miles. Too bad he is playing with belanger. I would move him up with Horcoff and Smyth.Hartsy has been ineffective down low. almost invisible.he needs to makes his body bigger in the front of the net. Better period. Oilers need a couple of more goals 5 vs 5 to gain some confidence going into next game.

Avatar
#62 OILERSORDEATH
January 22 2013, 10:21PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Let's not panic people: Vancouver 0-2 Rangers 0-2 Philadelphia 0-2 LA Kings 0-2

See its early!!

Avatar
#63 mlcselli
January 22 2013, 11:24PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Clyde Frog--You are my new hero and I think Big Mouth is intimidated by you and your awesome/hilarious stories. He's been quiet tonight. Keep up the great work and I think The Nation will have to nominate you for a Pulitizer Prize.

Avatar
#64 Marcus
January 23 2013, 08:04AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan wrote:

was the anthem singer being beaten with a bat that was covered in barbed wire while she sang last night?

She looked like she likes it rough.

Avatar
#65 Rick
January 22 2013, 01:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

The Sharks may not be overly physical but they look like the broadstreet bullies compared to the line up the Oilers are icing.

I don't get it myself, they have guys elsewhere in the line up that can give you what PRV and Potter give so why the aversion to icing a lineup that can give you a couple different dimensions.

Today's lineup has to be the least intimidating lineup in the league.

Avatar
#66 Spydyr
January 22 2013, 01:45PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Kurt Brackenbury.

Now that brings me back.He never meet anything moving he did not like to hit.

Avatar
#67 VK63
January 22 2013, 01:46PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Struds says if you get one of his jerseys signed you can co-host his show for an hour.

Ill do it but we gotta interview glenX..... :-)). I have stories!!!!

Avatar
#68 Oilfred
January 22 2013, 01:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Rick wrote:

The Sharks may not be overly physical but they look like the broadstreet bullies compared to the line up the Oilers are icing.

I don't get it myself, they have guys elsewhere in the line up that can give you what PRV and Potter give so why the aversion to icing a lineup that can give you a couple different dimensions.

Today's lineup has to be the least intimidating lineup in the league.

I'm not sure its an issue. I kinda like the 4th line if Belanger can continue his level of play on game one then its as close to a "roll 4 lines" team as I've seen in years.

#nice to have legit options

Avatar
#69 IfBruceLeeWasAnOiler
January 22 2013, 01:57PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@book¡e

i laughed my ass off thank you, also oilers 4-1 sharks looked a bit dry that first period against calgary maybe we get a couple early, looking at you yakupov

Avatar
#70 Dr Dangler
January 22 2013, 02:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Dissapointed Fistric isn't in the line up. I'd like to see what he adds. A former first rounder so you know he has some pedigree. Hopefully he gets a shot sooner than later.

Avatar
#71 Pucker
January 22 2013, 02:14PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
book¡e wrote:

To be fair, that was Photoshopped a fair bit from the original photo which can be seen here

Cowboy Flett !!

Avatar
#72 RexLibris
January 22 2013, 02:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Weir, Flett, Bailey, Ruotsolainen, Randy Gregg. Nobody asking for a Jiri Dopita or Dick Tarnstrom jersey?

"Nail does a double fist-pump after the anthems". Love this.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game against the Sharks.

Avatar
#73 JOE NOSABONADDA
January 22 2013, 02:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

i'd pick a guy called Esa Tikkanen, BEEEUUUTAHHHY!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Esa_Tikkanen_@_Kopparberg_Street_Hockey.jpg

Avatar
#74 BaconWrapped
January 22 2013, 02:35PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Bicepus Maximus - Peter, The Great. Potter, the Goat. wrote:

Man, there are so many options for a signed jersey: Reasoner, Kovalenko, Buchberger, McAmmond, Grier, Marchant, Mironov, Marchment, Oliver, de Vries, and the list goes on.....

Ahh the glory days for those of us who missed the glory days.

You forgot Hulbig!

Avatar
#75 Walter Sobchak
January 22 2013, 02:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
book¡e wrote:

To be fair, that was Photoshopped a fair bit from the original photo which can be seen here

Gold! Absolutely gold!

Avatar
#76 Walter Sobchak
January 22 2013, 02:37PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
justDOit wrote:

You beat me to it! Nail does a double fist-pump after the anthems.

I'm calling the bow and arrow! Book it!

Avatar
#77 Mac962
January 22 2013, 02:55PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I would bet Fistric is hugely impressed. Home town boy, opening night and he is a scratch on Favor of Bobby Orr himself. Against a Big team none the less, yes the sharks are not overly physical, but when they see the small lineup facing them you know they will be pumped to thump.

Its not like Potter is giving you something so special you just cant take him out. Yup, bet Fistric's family is impressed as well. Yes, we are here to win Hockey Games, but you are not sitting Eberle for Curtis Hamilton for crying out loud.

Be a bit of a Players Coach Ralph.. my gawd. I still hope there is another reason for not playing him.

Avatar
#78 BK
January 22 2013, 03:03PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT PHOTO!!!!

She's Octane!?!?!

By the way, WHAT THE HELL IS THE OCTANE OBSESSION WITH BAD 70's FASHION?

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66416

Really, in a day and age of LuLuLemon do you really need to dress Cheerleaders like that?!?!

Avatar
#79 justDOit
January 22 2013, 03:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Mac962 wrote:

I would bet Fistric is hugely impressed. Home town boy, opening night and he is a scratch on Favor of Bobby Orr himself. Against a Big team none the less, yes the sharks are not overly physical, but when they see the small lineup facing them you know they will be pumped to thump.

Its not like Potter is giving you something so special you just cant take him out. Yup, bet Fistric's family is impressed as well. Yes, we are here to win Hockey Games, but you are not sitting Eberle for Curtis Hamilton for crying out loud.

Be a bit of a Players Coach Ralph.. my gawd. I still hope there is another reason for not playing him.

I read somewhere that Coach K said that Fistric needs more time with the team before seeing game action.

You REALLY want lineup changes based on whose family might be in the stands? These are the kinds of posts I expect to read on a late Friday afternoon.

Avatar
#80 Phixieus666
January 22 2013, 03:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I want a Ralph Kruger Jersey with an aka Freddy on it. Signed please. And why you might ask...... Because nobody else has one.

Avatar
#81 Mac962
January 22 2013, 03:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
justDOit wrote:

I read somewhere that Coach K said that Fistric needs more time with the team before seeing game action.

You REALLY want lineup changes based on whose family might be in the stands? These are the kinds of posts I expect to read on a late Friday afternoon.

Not at all, i want wins. Thats why i stated at the end of my post, i hope there was another reason. Ralph has not relayed this to the Fans/media [not that he has too] that this is the Reason Fist is not playing yet. So dont get your panties in a knot ! lol...i want Victories-period.

Go Oil...

Perhaps an audition in COWTOWN Saturday night is best. Book it.

Avatar
#82 book¡e
January 22 2013, 03:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I'd take a Ray Whitney jersey and wear it all of the time just to remind the Coach and GM not to be as stupid as Ron Low (and Sather who should have forced the issue) was regarding Ray Whitney.

Avatar
#83 tileguy
January 22 2013, 03:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Wilf Paiemennt with #99, ooops wrong team.

Avatar
#84 justDOit
January 22 2013, 03:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Mac962 wrote:

Not at all, i want wins. Thats why i stated at the end of my post, i hope there was another reason. Ralph has not relayed this to the Fans/media [not that he has too] that this is the Reason Fist is not playing yet. So dont get your panties in a knot ! lol...i want Victories-period.

Go Oil...

Perhaps an audition in COWTOWN Saturday night is best. Book it.

I think everyone here is anxious for wins. Was the Vancouver game, where the Oilers have not had much success in the past, not good enough for you? The Oilers played that one just like the Swiss national teams - they hung around and kept it close. The difference being that the Swiss team never had talent like Ebs or Hemmer to eke out a win like that.

You questioning the most level-headed coach this team has had in years, and demanding that roster changes happen because of where a player was born, is patently absurd. But please, more personal insults about my undergarments - I can't get enough of that.

In trying to find common ground here, I'll agree that IF he's ready, the Calgary game would be a perfect time to put Fistric in the lineup. I too, am eager to see him paste some guys into the boards, but not if he isn't up to speed on the systems.

Avatar
#85 The Goalie 1976
January 22 2013, 03:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
jeanshorts wrote:

Only one game in and people are already losing their minds over which 6th DMan is playing.

WELCOME BACK EVERYBODY!!

I think the issue is, with the lockout everyone is so frustrated that a good glass breaking open ice hit from Fistric would make us all feel a little better. Expecially is we imagine he is crushing Bettman/Fehr in the other teams jersey.

Avatar
#86 The Goalie 1976
January 22 2013, 03:45PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
justDOit wrote:

I think everyone here is anxious for wins. Was the Vancouver game, where the Oilers have not had much success in the past, not good enough for you? The Oilers played that one just like the Swiss national teams - they hung around and kept it close. The difference being that the Swiss team never had talent like Ebs or Hemmer to eke out a win like that.

You questioning the most level-headed coach this team has had in years, and demanding that roster changes happen because of where a player was born, is patently absurd. But please, more personal insults about my undergarments - I can't get enough of that.

In trying to find common ground here, I'll agree that IF he's ready, the Calgary game would be a perfect time to put Fistric in the lineup. I too, am eager to see him paste some guys into the boards, but not if he isn't up to speed on the systems.

Good points. As badly as we have needed a big dangerous hitter like Fistric in the past, we must wait until he is up to speed in the systems.

In Ralph we Trust!!!!!

Avatar
#87 David S
January 22 2013, 03:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
book¡e wrote:

To be fair, that was Photoshopped a fair bit from the original photo which can be seen here

Ah. Book's going for the all-time prop record. Might as well help him out. *Props*

Well played old chap.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7m4vesnz1rdiecno1_400.jpg

Avatar
#88 jeanshorts
January 22 2013, 03:55PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
The Goalie 1976 wrote:

I think the issue is, with the lockout everyone is so frustrated that a good glass breaking open ice hit from Fistric would make us all feel a little better. Expecially is we imagine he is crushing Bettman/Fehr in the other teams jersey.

Oh I DEFINITELY want to see him go out there and ruin people's nights, that's for sure.

Avatar
#89 Rama Lama
January 22 2013, 03:58PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Dr Dangler wrote:

Dissapointed Fistric isn't in the line up. I'd like to see what he adds. A former first rounder so you know he has some pedigree. Hopefully he gets a shot sooner than later.

You will soon enough.........suffice to say he hits like a truck, and he is built the same way.

Good pick up for a seventh defenseman but his speed will keep him in the press box more often than not.

Avatar
#90 jeanshorts
January 22 2013, 04:09PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Phixieus666 wrote:

Really doesn't matter all that much but I must say I would totally favor a big physical guy that likes to hit because hey I like to see people getting hit. I miss Andy already. Nothing like a giant to lay out some hits.

Same. I liked Potter's game for like 3/4 of last year, but I won't be too heartbroken seeing him sliding in and out as the 6/7 DMan. And the bonus for Fistric over Sutton is Fistric can actually somewhat skate at NHL speeds!

Avatar
#91 The Goalie 1976
January 22 2013, 04:10PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Phixieus666 wrote:

Really doesn't matter all that much but I must say I would totally favor a big physical guy that likes to hit because hey I like to see people getting hit. I miss Andy already. Nothing like a giant to lay out some hits.

If Fistric can bring what Sutton did, and I think he can, then he's a perfect #6 defenseman. I still think if Potter's not getting big PP time he should be in the pressbox. Fistric will be a better evens player IMO

Avatar
#92 Walter Sobchak
January 22 2013, 04:10PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
The Goalie 1976 wrote:

No Doubt! The Sharks are the 'biggest soft team' around. I would looooove to see Fistric bust Thornton through the glass into the 1st row of seats.

I would have dressed both Hordy and Fistric.

Go ask Ryan Clowe if he's soft! My guess is Clowe Could beat Hordichuck in a fight.

Just ask Strudwick or YouTube it if you like.

Also a good one to watch..........Would love to have this guy on te Oilers!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8dSW6Mhoo&feature=relmfu

Avatar
#93 The Goalie 1976
January 22 2013, 04:16PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Walter Sobchak wrote:

Go ask Ryan Clowe if he's soft! My guess is Clowe Could beat Hordichuck in a fight.

Just ask Strudwick or YouTube it if you like.

Also a good one to watch..........Would love to have this guy on te Oilers!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8dSW6Mhoo&feature=relmfu

I was more thinking of Marleau and Thornton as big soft guys. Much respect for Clowe and Pavelski. Both multi-dimentional players

Avatar
#94 Mac962
January 22 2013, 04:18PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
justDOit wrote:

I think everyone here is anxious for wins. Was the Vancouver game, where the Oilers have not had much success in the past, not good enough for you? The Oilers played that one just like the Swiss national teams - they hung around and kept it close. The difference being that the Swiss team never had talent like Ebs or Hemmer to eke out a win like that.

You questioning the most level-headed coach this team has had in years, and demanding that roster changes happen because of where a player was born, is patently absurd. But please, more personal insults about my undergarments - I can't get enough of that.

In trying to find common ground here, I'll agree that IF he's ready, the Calgary game would be a perfect time to put Fistric in the lineup. I too, am eager to see him paste some guys into the boards, but not if he isn't up to speed on the systems.

Whatever, i think you like to read your own posts. I am not trying to question RK , and perhaps i didn't read all the posts elsewhere, i was uninformed by my own doing and lack of research. Quit being so stuffy dude, i get the point. Demanding, yes oh for sure, i was demanding roster changes. Do you have Ralph's Number by chance ? You know, there are many on this site that are just average fans making comments , informed or not, like myself in this case. Its twits like you with nothing better to do that tick me off. What part of " I HOPE THERE IS ANOTHER REASON" didn't you get ? Now i understand some other Posters comments about you. Now go away please... is that Absurd enough for you ? LOL

Avatar
#95 cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan
January 22 2013, 04:25PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Dallylamma wrote:

Happily the boobs stayed the same size...

I'd get a Bryan Marchment sweater. Rememeber when he collapsed Mike Gartner's lung with a hit? OLD TIME HOCKEY!

that was Boris Mironov wasn't it?

Avatar
#96 Walter Sobchak
January 22 2013, 04:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
The Goalie 1976 wrote:

I was more thinking of Marleau and Thornton as big soft guys. Much respect for Clowe and Pavelski. Both multi-dimentional players

I honestly think Marleau is underrated overall as a hockey player, he hits, he fights and is always in the play.

I totally 100% agree with Thornton, no use for the guy.

Avatar
#97 Dallylamma
January 22 2013, 04:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan wrote:

that was Boris Mironov wasn't it?

The wikipedias says Bryan Marchment. DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE GAME!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Marchment#Reputation_as_a_player

Avatar
#98 B S
January 22 2013, 04:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

#30 Jacques Plante jersey?

http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user/spyboy1/media/TSG%20Blog/EdmontonOilers74-75.jpg.html

http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user/spyboy1/media/TSG%20Blog/PlanteOilers.jpg.html

Avatar
#99 916oiler
January 22 2013, 04:45PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

That chick is my dream girl /story

Avatar
#100 Phixieus666
January 22 2013, 04:47PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

You know another interesting thing about putting MPS into the lineup, almost every line has an element of speed in it. A bigger not so physical opponent, this forces them to work harder and could lead to more penalties and/or odd man rushes. Not such a bad move when you think about it. Ya Hordi is big and tough and will fight but no one on the sharks is really like that so why not put a player in that could throw the opponent off balance. Just a thought

Comments are closed for this article.