MAGIC HOODIES FOR SALE

Wanye
January 07 2013 01:02AM

So a few weeks back we had 10 hoodies made up for Christmas presents for folks. And these same folks started freaking out as they had long heard whisperings that NationGear existed but considered it a myth like a Pat Quinn coaching strategy session or a Dustin Penner situp. These new hoodie owners said "you have to start selling these."

And that got us thinking, we should start selling these.

LIMITED TIME ONLY

So we loaded up with 100 of these hoodies from the good folks at Speak Volumes in Edmonton who cut us a sweet deal and got ready to presell them on twitter. And then they sold out in three days and then our jaw hit the floor.

Then the logistics questions kicked in. What just happened? Who are we? Canada Post? How do you ship 100 hoodies in a day? Do you walk to the post office in 100 trips? Can they send a nice person in a van to meet us at the corner? Do you stuff em all in a mailbox?

We don't have the best track record with logistics you see. We shudder to think of the time we recently gave away over 700 sticker sets and mailed at least thirty of them empty. We are pretty sure we have also forgotten to ship the odd prize here and there and may owe people all over town for all we know.

Speak Volumes assured us that they would take care of everything and that the hoodies will arrive in 3-4 weeks. All legit and all up on the up and up.

We haven't thought this through to hooking up some sort of online store to the Nation. No you will have to click on a link at the bottom of this article to get your hands on a sweet magic hoodie. "What's that Wanye? A magic hoodie?" you are doubtlessly saying.

See when we randomly picked last Friday to sell the 100 jerseys we had no idea.

No idea that the hoodies we made would end up solving the lockout.

But as astute people on twitter pointed out, they did exactly that.

Yes, these first edition NationGear hoodies single handedly ended the 104,237 day lockout. And we haven't sold a thread of NationGear since about 30 tee shirts back in 2008 so it is more than mere coincidence.

Who knows when NationGear will come again or if it will at all. But we can guarantee you will never see these babies again after we sell these next 100.

Guaranteed.

SO SEXY YOU ARE

In honour of the lockout ending we will call the gang over at Speak Volumes and order another 100 tomorrow morning. $59 bucks plus shipping and taxes and a portion of the proceeds will go to a local charity that the venerable Jason Gregor will select on all of our behalf.

If you want NationGear hoodies and to be the sexiest person you know click here.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 David S
January 07 2013, 01:19AM

Maybe now that you're a hoodie sellin' baller you can take some of the proceeds and wash that beemer!

#3 mooseoil
January 07 2013, 01:37AM

I actually own one of those 30 from 08 and constantly get asked how. There was talk of compromising photos I have of Wanye i my possession...

#4 book¡e
January 07 2013, 01:52AM

Hoodies are for thugs, I am awaiting the Oilersnation 3 piece suit and fedora.

#5 Nail and Nuge
January 07 2013, 04:22AM

I got mine ordered- excellent idea and design. Love the support of Gregor's charities as well.

As long as no proceeds go to the NHL so my mini-boycott that means jack to anyone is intact.

A magic Hoodie that ends everything that is wrong in the world? Who could resist?

#6 One cold Canadian
January 07 2013, 05:13AM

Scooped one of these bad boys up at 4:30 in the morning.. They must be magic to have gotten me up at this hour.

This being my first and last purchase of anything hockey related in the last 6 months kinda made me feel like a sheep...

And then I go back and read that the venerable Mr Jason Gregor will be picking a worthy charity to throw some of the proceeds at and all of a sudden I think I can go back to sleep!

I anticipate spilling beer on this hoodie during every game I don't go to this year.

And also.... CALGARY SUCKS.....you too VANCOUVER

#7 Professor Q
January 07 2013, 05:22AM

Totally saw those tweets! Intriguing idea Mr. Wanye. Most intriguing indeed.

#8 Bleed Oil
January 07 2013, 06:40AM

When I saw Wayne's post I was worried they'd sell out before I could lock one up. Thanks goodness for the UK time difference! Will totally rock this "jumper!" First hockey is back and now this! Weeeeeee

#9 MVParkerknox
January 07 2013, 06:42AM

Well you've done it Wanye...you've made me EVEN SEXIER! Although a little redundant as its like putting perfume on a flower. I'm sure this great beginning will lead to a NATIONGEAR store bigger than Walmart!

#10 pelhem grenville
January 07 2013, 08:11AM

...wanted TWO ...got TWO... double XL

almost makes me wanna watch these spoiled brats play hockey again...

many thanks to Wanye and his enormous brain

#11 Dave
January 07 2013, 08:55AM

When you are out curling with the Mayor can you ask him about the arena negotiations ?

#12 Antony Ta
January 07 2013, 09:34AM

Is that Crestwood Curling Club?

#13 freeze
January 07 2013, 09:42AM

Screw the mail. Just get people to meet you by your old fridge box in that alley behind The Pint.

#14 DJ
January 07 2013, 10:30AM

Why the color change? The logo goes from a cool fist in the original white and blue, to a spiky haired suglasses wearing douche with a bright orange nose in the black version. Looks like the kind of guy that drives a truck with balls hanging on the bumper. :)

#15 michael
January 07 2013, 11:04AM

Can we buy direct from Speaks-Volumes? i don't do credit card. I'm a cash only guy. Can I go and pay them the 60 bucks in person or send a money order? I want an x large for me. Let me know.

#16 Petr's Jofa
January 07 2013, 11:09AM

WOOT!!!

It's win-win. New oiler gear for me and none of my money goes towards the NHL's revenue.

#17 A-Mc
January 07 2013, 12:23PM

If there were any way to modify the hoody so that it had a zippered pocket/pouch to put my phone in while i play outdoor shinny, I'd greatly appreciate it!

We need a zippered area for our tractor keys and cell phones while we sport this fine looking piece of clothing out on the town!

#18 Neal
January 07 2013, 12:25PM

I guess this means my own strike against thew NHL is officially over...

#19 Szach
January 07 2013, 03:26PM

Hej you bum - I would Order one but my sticker never made it to Poland. Will not try with paid for merchandise - even if a random part of proceeds goes toward charity... Cheers.

#20 Next up, is Connor McJesus.
January 07 2013, 05:05PM

Any in royal blue, rather than the navy?

#21 Czar
January 07 2013, 06:07PM

Think big! Do up some t-shirts and send them to those OKC tarts. Who wouldn't want a Nation t-shirt??

#22 a lg dubl dubl
January 07 2013, 06:12PM

I just got mine ordered! but will it come with a sticker? I LIKE STICKERS!

#23 bigrroberto
January 07 2013, 06:40PM

These should have limited edition numbering IE 2 of 200

#24 Kent Wilson
January 07 2013, 06:44PM

@Szach

Wanye isn't handling the shipping this time around - that's a good thing.

#25 DoubleJ
January 07 2013, 07:01PM

You guys need to make some hats. They would be awesome. I just bought the hoodie by the way.

A black hat with that logo would be amazing.

#26 geoge99
January 07 2013, 07:16PM

the logo is so so at best. there needs to be more than just a tiny oil drop. come on biys represent!!!! then ill buy your frigin' hoodie!!

#27 Szach
January 07 2013, 08:27PM
Kent Wilson wrote:

Wanye isn't handling the shipping this time around - that's a good thing.

Yep.... If he wasn't so damn funny I would hold a grudge... Just can't bring myself to it.... Good to see you taking the post stamps from Wanye's playpen. .

#28 Clarkenstein
January 08 2013, 07:41AM

Don't forget to call them "bunny hugs" when you market them in Saskatchewan... and forget about the hoodies I want me one of those bad boy curling sweaters the other skip is wearing! Now that's awesome!

#30 Fatbob24
January 08 2013, 10:24AM

sold out already??? wow, good thing i was the first to order *cue evil laugh* bwah-haha-haha-haha.

#31 dubbs88
January 08 2013, 03:07PM

Nooooo, Hopefully I can get a chance at these sweet hoodies in the future

#32 David S
January 08 2013, 04:07PM
Wanye wrote:

ALL SOLD OUT! INSANITY! Thank you to everyone who bought a hoodie/bunny hug/sexiness increasment device. They should arrive within 3-4 weeks.

Be sure to tweet/email your old pal Wanye a pic of your hoodie in action so we can see you in all your glory!

Psssst! Comment #25 Wanye.

#ThinkAboutIt #Dollaz