DRAFT UPDATE AND PARTY CHATTER

Wanye
February 25 2013 12:26PM

Tickets are selling at a pace that can be described as "mildly brisk" for the OilersNation 5th birthday party at the Pint off Whyte this Friday. We like to think that it is because each $20 ticket gets you a free 5th birthday tee shirt pictured above.

Gregor thinks its because all the proceeds go to the Inner City Children's Fund. A buddy of mine texted to say "A UFC ring girl is in the house? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. This I gotta see."

Whatever may drive you to attend the party, we hope that you will join us on Friday.

WHO NEEDS TICKETS?

Every $20 ticket gets you the snazzy limited edition 5th Birthday T-Shirt, a $25 Oodle Noodle GC, a $20 Pint GC, and Labatt swag. Should this Friday find you without plans, or plans that are less entertaining then a big party click here to buy yours.

DRAFT UPDATE

Another week has come and gone in the NationDrafts draft of the Nation and Frankenstein remains the top of the pops with 429 points. The Ryan Smyth & Wessons took the time to brag tweet us this morning about his current 6th place position and as a man at the helm of the 412th place Ministry of Squee we have to take our lumps as they come.

Where you sittin in the draft? Higher than 412th place? You must be some kind of genius we bet. Or had advanced knowledge of how the first 19 games of the season were going to play out. We certainly didn't because we had the misfortune to pick BROOKS FRIGGIN LAICH.

Honest to Nuge Brooks Laich we have had to go and look up Washington Capitals news to find out what trickery you are up to. It said last week you were "nearing return to action." And yet here we sit 7 days later  with you still sitting comfortably in the press box and counting your millions.

We will say this once more Brooks Laich:

GET A STICK AND GET IN THE GAME YOU CLOWN SHOW.

*grinds teeth*

BIWEEKLY PRIZE WINNERS TO DATE

Using the magic of computer technology we randomly select a biweekly prize winner and then send them some goodies. Thus far the winners have been Team Knockout and the follicly themed Strudwick's Hair Line. Both are residents of good old Edmonton and have received $25 Oodle Noodle delivery gift certificates. May you both feast on your good fortune friends.

As always a big thanks goes out to our title sponsor United Cycle who has put up a $5,000 shopping spree for first place whoever that lucky SOB will be and some Oilers Jerseys for the folks in 5th-10th place. Mad respect!

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 Chuckpuck5000
February 25 2013, 12:34PM

Brooks laich it sounds like a type of shot i will be doing friday

#3 northof51
February 25 2013, 12:44PM
Wanye wrote:

BROOKS LAICH BROOKS LAICH WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT EVEN? HEAL UP YOU GODLESS SOB

I met Brooks' (Brooks'es?) sister at a party back in university... How did I know she was his sister? Cause she repeatedly told me and everyone else there that her brother Brooks is (was) playing for the Seattle Thunderbirds and that one day he would be in the NHL. Also, she prophecized that Brooks would miss a large portion of the lockout shortened 2013 season with a lower body injury. Shoulda been there Wanye!

#4 A-Mc
February 25 2013, 12:48PM

THE SHIRT PIC SOLD ME! NOT TO MENTION ITS LADDY SHMEEBS NUMBER!

I purchased my ticket! now to find a date..

PS: Are there different sizes or am i stuck getting an XXL when a M is probably more my style?

#5 CowboysRidingT-Rexes
February 25 2013, 12:50PM

I picked lupul. I fell through to the 500s overnight. 😔

#6 VK63
February 25 2013, 12:54PM

Olli post again Jokinen shall lead the squad out of the darkness!

*drafts make for strange commentary*

WHO PICKED THESE BUMS???

#7 Spydyr
February 25 2013, 12:57PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET TEES!!!!

#8 Ottawaoil
February 25 2013, 01:07PM

Hey, love the tshirts....would love to come to the party, but I'm a lonely Oiler fan in Ottawa. Any chance I can buy an XL of the shirt and have it sent my way?

#9 Shredder
February 25 2013, 01:07PM

you're selling tix to an event, but I don't see any date...how do I know what day to swing by?

#10 Mowgli
February 25 2013, 01:52PM

Can we buy tickets at the door?

Also, can we show up anytime after 6PM and still get our swag (shirts & GCs)?

#11 rubbertrout
February 25 2013, 02:04PM
Shredder wrote:

First line of the blog. I realize most people just jump to the MS Paint in Wanye's articles but come on man.

See below:

#16 MrBig
February 25 2013, 02:54PM

I'd love to have a T-shirt sent to me on Vancouver Island too if you have an extra medium. I'd certainly donate $20 for that!

#17 PrimeBane
February 25 2013, 04:32PM
Wanye wrote:

SOLID GOLD HOMIE Because we don't want a bunch of left over tee shirts we have ordered only L and XL.

If there are leftover shirts, I'm sure a few handsome gentlemen down highway 2 would like to rock them around YYC :)

#19 Travis Dakin
February 26 2013, 01:35AM

Listen, you know I love me some Nation party time, and I've been here since the beginning.... but, dammit! I just can't possibly make this one. I would definitely do some moderately illegal things for one of those shirts, though. the best Nation shirts yet.

#20 Oil Fever
February 26 2013, 10:20PM

Sadly Wayne I cannot make it to this most upscale event our friend has us counting inventory...

Is there another way to score one of the most sought after Tees in ETown??