TIES THAT BIND

Robin Brownlee
April 15 2013 05:29PM

If there's anybody who is actually surprised Craig MacTavish was named the new GM of the Edmonton Oilers today after Steve Tambellini was fired and made the fall guy, they haven't been paying attention.

That doesn't make Kevin Lowe's end-around of anything remotely resembling due diligence and process in terms of scouring the NHL for other candidates – a fact that's been bemoaned at great length in the aftermath, and a criticism that certainly has merit – right, and it doesn't mean critics shouldn’t be hacked off about it, but it should surprise nobody.

This is a shot that could have been called, and was, the second MacTavish returned to the organization as vice-president of hockey operations under Lowe. The only real question about when – not if – what happened today would come was tied to the health of MacTavish, who has had non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for a couple of years now.

No matter what happened with the Oilers this season, Lowe was not going to be blown out by owner Daryl Katz because they’re friends. Again, you don’t have to like it, but that doesn’t make it less true. That remains so today and it isn’t going to change. That's a pound of flesh fans aren't going to get.

Likewise, if things went sideways, as they have, Tambellini was positioned as the fall guy. The first guy who'd be offered the job was MacTavish because he and Lowe go back more than 25 years – hell, they were teammates in New York with the Rangers in 1994 when they first discussed what it might be like one day to jump into coaching and the front office as a tandem. They like each other. They respect each other. They have history. Ties that bind.

No surprise. None.

SETS UP NICELY

Process (no small matter for debate) or lack of same aside, the bottom line for long-suffering Oilers fans facing a seventh straight season out of the playoffs has to be this: will the organization be more competently guided and better built for success under MacTavish than under Tambellini?

My best guess is the answer is yes, and there's plenty of reasons for that – not the least of which is that I believe, lack of experience aside, MacTavish has a better grasp of what it takes to build a team than Tambellini does (or at least a better grasp than the often indecisive Tambellini displayed).

I could be mistaken, of course, but my opinion of MacTavish was formed over many years of picking his brain about hockey – from the time he was captain here to his brief tenure as an assistant coach in New York to his return to Edmonton. We spent a lot of time in airports, hotels and hockey rinks across the continent.

Fact is, I think MacTavish's approach to the game and team building will see him more successful as the GM of this team than he was as head coach. And, as he said today (and I've seen first-hand), MacT's got an impatient streak – that in itself is a welcome change for fans frustrated by Tambellini's guarded approach to getting things done.

ALL IN THE TIMING

MacTavish is sharp. He's aggressive. He has very strong opinions about the kind of players he wants and what it takes to build a team. Those traits aside, MacTavish is taking over the big chair at the perfect time and it would take a face-plant of biblical proportions for him not to be more successful than was Tambellini, who, like departed coach Tom Renney, stepped into the breach with the team at its lowest point.

As disappointing as the last five games have been and as much as the weaknesses in the roster have been exposed during that stretch, this isn't a team that is hopelessly far off returning to contention in terms of the number of players needed and how much the mix must be tweaked. The core is going to continue to get better – no matter who is GM.

The trick, one Tambellini never did grasp or at least never did act on, is to plug in the right forward here, a defenseman or two there and veterans in support positions who can bring the kids along. MacTavish, rest assured, will move on that. Will he make the right moves? We'll see soon, which was never the case with Tambellini.

Bottom line is MacTavish, like returning Scott Howson, is stepping back into the Oilers fold at exactly the right time. From where I sit, they're set up to enjoy infinitely more success than Tambellini ever was. That, of course, has yet to be played out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a year or two from now the Oilers are right where fans want them to be.

If that happens, I'm guessing results will trump process, no?

Aceb4a1816f5fa09879a023b07d1a9b4
#1 JOFA
April 15 2013, 06:32PM

@DSF

1000 NHL games played, 4 Stanley Cup rings, 300 coaching wins, a trip to the finals as coach, an MBA at 50.

That's a whole lot of 'accomplishing nothing'.

#2 Curcro
April 15 2013, 06:54PM
DSF wrote:

301 wins and 308 losses as a head coach.

Surprisingly, being opinionated in a blog also has nothing to do with knowing how to build a winning team OR for that matter in knowing who the right person to hire in the situation is.

He has accomplished allot more than you DSF. (unless 40,000 posts indicating your own stupidity is counted as an accomplishment?)

I think the logical thing to discern here is that Tambellini made his last stand on the activity at the trade deadline. And that MacTavish disagreed with that approach. And I would suggest that Lowe said something to the effect that if Tambellini was wrong he was gone.

#3 Gaz
April 15 2013, 08:35PM

@DSF

Really? Because you've said many times on other articles that role-players are easily available "off the scrap heap" all the time. Quick, backtrack!

I'm no fan of Lowe, but your statement earlier that MacT rode Pronger to the final, and that was it, clearly illustrates your prejudice. I'll trust greater hockey minds that yourself on that one.

Again, your inability to reasonably comment on anything Oilers makes you look foolish.

#4 DSF
April 15 2013, 07:00PM

@Curcro

You have no idea what I've accomplished and calling someone who has clearly more intelligence than you do "stupid" is really ironic.

Would you like me to correct your spelling mistakes or can you handle that on your own?

Watch out for those dangling participles.

And never, ever begin a sentence with "And".

It's a conjunction.

It makes you look stupid.

#5 One Cold Canadian
April 15 2013, 07:23PM

301 wins and 308 losses as a head coach.(can you do better turd?)

3rd or 4th in the NW every season but his first when they finished 2nd. It was all down hill from there.(economics play a part and does reflect on the G.M)

Made the playoffs 3 times in 8 years as head coach going out in the first round twice.(with no horses)

Games played as a player and an MBA have nothing to do with knowing how to build a winning team. (But a useless troll does. right turd?)

Yes DSF why don't you tell us all what you know about hockey? Tell us all what a great hockey mind you possess!

What, if anything, have you ever accomplished?

I'm willing to bet that Lowe, MacT and Howson have FORGOTTEN more about hockey then you will EVER know.

Now, hold your breath and stomp your feet like the little girl you are. Flail your arms and muss up your petticoat until we all agree with YOUR assessment of the situation

You. Are. A. Turd.

#6 Curcro
April 15 2013, 07:24PM
DSF wrote:

Watch out for those dangling participles.

And never, ever begin a sentence with "And".

It's a conjunction.

It makes you look stupid.

Go ahead correct my spelling mistakes(if I am wrong I will admit it). But as for your conjunction problem, from a writing website. "professional writers have started sentences with coordinating conjunctions throughout history."

Yawn!

So as for which one of us was smarter is not the issue.

The issue was whether or not MacTavish had sufficient accomplishments, and whether they exceeded yours. I am sorry if you could not discern the point of my reply.

#7 TigerUnderGlass
April 15 2013, 07:26PM
DSF wrote:

Cinderella had to go home after the ball.

How did MacT do after Pronger left?

You mean Pronger and most of the rest of the team's defense? How would anybody do?

#8 Quicksilver ballet
April 15 2013, 07:33PM
Curcro wrote:

Yawn!

So as for which one of us was smarter is not the issue.

Man, please just stop. Enough of your B/S already. Are you Jasmines husband or sumfin?

#9 Gaz
April 15 2013, 08:45PM

@DSF

I really dislike defending Lowe, but I like taking you to task. So:

Why is he involved with Team Canada if he's such a useless tit? Don't tell me that "anyone can put together a Team Canada" because my phone never rings, and I'd do it for free!

Old boy's club? Houdini-like hypno ability? Reversing the earth's rotation? How does that evil Lowe-down magician do it!?

#10 Gaz
April 15 2013, 09:31PM

@DSF

Five years, eight months, actually - but who's counting? Picking out a strong performer doesn't mean that the team is being carried. Good grief. Would you assert that Anaheim is being carried by Souray?

Why did Vancouver hire MacT? Gillis seems to fill your boots just fine. How could someone so smart do something so foolish?

How weird is it going to be when Fletcher hires Tambellini in Minny?

#11 Bucknuck
April 15 2013, 09:33PM

Wow - another thread dominated by DSF making inflammatory remarks and then arguing. I can't quite figure out if you are a misguided bitter fan, or just love arguing, or what.

Whatever the case, the events that transpired today were completely predictable. When they brought MacT in I could see the writing was on the wall. When they brought back Scott I saw a great wingman who was getting back to what he was best at.

It seems to fit. A great communicator (MacT) is what is needed, especially when Lowe seems to be self destructing , which I believe is due to his frustration. He REALLY wants to win, and by hiring MacT I think he stands a pretty good chance of it.

#12 Romanus
April 15 2013, 10:18PM
Kypreos wrote:

Katz is the problem and scared of Kevin Lowe, maybe because he grew up worshiping him now he does have the testicles to fire him.

You better grow some Darryl!

Get rid of this guy. He got his cups riding the coattails of other good hockey players. He was in the right place at the right time.

Right. That's how he became a billionaire.

#13 warren
April 15 2013, 05:43PM

I'm just happy I don't have to listen to a boring steve t. interview again.

#14 Craig
April 15 2013, 05:51PM

To have an attitude like Lowe has he must have gotten his way all the time. He obviously has an enormous ego. He probably thinks he did nothing wrong. I truly feel sorry for his family. This guy is a bully.

#15 DSF
April 15 2013, 06:41PM
JOFA wrote:

That's a whole lot of 'accomplishing nothing'.

301 wins and 308 losses as a head coach.

#16 TigerUnderGlass
April 15 2013, 07:17PM
DSF wrote:

MacT presided over the exit (for nothing) of Jan Hejda, Kyle Brodziak and Curtis Glencross.

Tells you pretty much all you need to know.

I don't think "presided" means what you think it means.

Regarding your Pronger comment earlier - could you please point us to all those amazing coaches with championships who did NOT have superstar players to ride through the playoffs? I'd love to know who they are.

#17 PutzStew
April 15 2013, 07:22PM

I'm glad Tambi is gone but I started feeling sorry for him, last night (Sunday), when I realized, he never really had a chance. Has Klowe never fully stepped aside and let him run the show? A proper rebuild requires getting rid of the old and starting over. Tambi (Like, Hall and company) never had a full clean slate to build off of because of the people standing in front of them.

So Mr. Tambi, I'm sorry you got completely backed door in this. I don't know if you totally deserved the fate you got or if you would have been a better GM if you didn't have Klowe standing above you, but I would like to thank you for your time and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

As for Mr. Lowe. Go F*** yourself. You were a great man at one time in that town but moments like todays just proves what a looser you are. How can we except the players to be accountable, when you don't. That was embarrassing. Enjoy being a bottom feeder because you don't deserve any better.

To bad, SIX RINGS can't plug a hole either....

#18 Harlie
April 15 2013, 07:33PM

Wow, Gregor and his damn ESP

"The team is underachieving, despite a high payroll and almost no financial flexibility in the future. Season number one as the new owner has not gone the way Katz or anyone in the Oiler organization hoped it would.

His text message just fuels the fire that new GM, Steve Tambellini, doesn’t have much say in how the organization is run. And there is no evidence that shows Tambellini has the ability to be a true GM under this regime.

Or maybe Katz just gave his coach the proverbial kiss of death. He wouldn’t be the first owner or GM to come out and proclaim the coach’s job was save, only to give him a pink slip a month later.

I’ve stated for months that MacTavish won’t be fired, but that he would resign when he felt he wasn’t benefiting the team. After the loss to the Ducks, you got the feeling that MacTavish was begining to wonder if his departure behind the bench might be best for the team."

#19 TigerUnderGlass
April 15 2013, 07:46PM
DSF wrote:

Not the point.

MacT has never been a winner since his playing days ended.

There are those including the Iraqi Information Minister (LT) who think MacT was responsible for the playoff run the only time he had a "balanced roster" but I'm of the opinion it was Pronger who took the team on his back and carried the team to the finals.

Now that MacT is responsible for building a "balanced roster" we'll see how that works out.

I would wager the team will spend another 3 years twisting in the wind and Katz will clean house just as the new arena is about to open.

He should have done that housecleaning today and Lowe's sad, sad performance today is exactly why that should have occurred.

We wait.

Well I feel better about the GM today than I did yesterday.

You definitely have a point about what Katz should have done, but at least I believe MacTavish has a chance to prove me wrong. With Tambo I never, for even a second, believed he could do anything right.

Frankly I believe 10 minutes of conversation with Tambo should have been enough to convince anybody he was in over his head, which I why I believe he was a patsy all along.

#20 Eddie Shore
April 15 2013, 08:24PM
DSF wrote:

With you all the way there.

MacT is at least intelligent but I'm still convinced Lowe won't be able to keep his fingers off the levers and, given their long relationship, I think it will be all but impossible for MacT to tell Lowe to perform his duties as "President of the Remembering the 80's" and leave hockey operations alone.

Listened to an interview with the venerable Doug Mclean today.

His view is that any organization that has a "President of Hockey Operations" doesn't have a GM but an assistant GM.

I expect he is right about that.

Besides the fact that Doug Mclean is a moron, how the hell would he have any idea of the inner workings of the Edmonton Oilers front office? Also, do you honestly think MacT would assume this role if he was not granted the same autonomy other GM's receive across the league?

#21 DSF
April 15 2013, 08:27PM
Eddie Shore wrote:

You answered your own question.

#22 Gaz
April 15 2013, 08:38PM

@TigerUnderGlass

Agreed. We can all (myself included) question Lowe's ability to run a hockey club, but he's a master at placing human shields for protection.

In the end, he's got a long career in management, making great coin, and a number of shiny rings to look at in his massive house. He wins.

Cue DSF.

#23 reaperfunkss (2nd tier fan)
April 15 2013, 09:14PM

So today I see the press Conference and have to hear Kevin Lowe tell me that there are 2 levels of fans and how coming within 1 period of winning the cup means that he is a top flight hockey exec.

It was a legit question asked by the journal writer and Lowe showed his derision of having anything he does questioned. He is a bad manager and needs to be nuetered with the organization. He has handled most adversity very poorly and has a long track record of bad decisions and ZERO Cups as an exec but demands to be treated as a hockey genius?

As a fan who can't afford season tickets or to be honest go to a single game due to the expense. Apparently i am foolish to spend it on kids and food and not the Oilers. So i am a second class fan now. Maybe the Blackhawks or Canadiens would appreciate another fan since I am 2nd tier for the Oilers in Lowes view.

Sorry for the length and rambling but I have never been so insuilted or dissapointed by Oilers management as i am today. That Counts suffering Pocklington stupidity and greed.

Vented thanx

#24 DSF
April 15 2013, 09:38PM
Bucknuck wrote:

Did you ever watch Groundhog Day?

This is the hockey version.

Bend over.

#25 DSF
April 15 2013, 09:53PM

This was posted in the last thread and every one of us needs to read it:

Sorry for comments here kevin. Afterall, I am one of those other fans.

I remember going to Oiler games as a Bay Blueliner. Yep, up there in the deep end, WHA days, cheering the boys. My family didnt have much, so that's all I could afford. Sorry I wasn't a better fan Kevin.

Then the NHL came. I was a student at the Uof A, paying my tuition, scartched together a few dollars to attend the odd game or so. Sorry i did'nt do more.

The I graduated! Got a job. Still couldn't really afford tickets, but i got a jersey and watched all the games I could. I know I could have done more.

Then I got transfered to Thunder Bay! I subscibed and got the Saturdat Journal mailed to me, before the internet came Kevin, to keep tabs on the TV. I missed the games pn ITV, but found out ITV was carried in the town of Long Lac, four hours north. I went there every Wednesday I could to watch the team. Youare boys were fantastic Keven. All those cups. I bet there would have been more if I did more.

Then, I got transfered to calgary. Close to home! Still an Oiler fans. My kids are 21 and 18 now. Since they were 4 and 2, I bought tickets every Christmas when I came up and took my father and my two sons to a game. We have been faithfully doing it every year, except the strike years of course. But i understand, you needed more money.

We didn's miss this year though. We came up just a few weeks ago and say you beat calgary. My 86 year old and my sons loved it. What a tradition! Alas, it's not enough however.

I'm so sorry I am not an "A" fan Kevin. I havn't missed a game on TV yet this year, I have a bunch of jesey's, even one signed by Smyth when my son was ill and in the hospital.

It's not easy being a die-hard fan in calgary Kevin. My neighbours don't like me. My co-workers are on me for the last seven years. But I stayed true. Now you don't like me.

On behalf of all of us, who have been there from the beginning, who grew up with the team, I'm sorry for not being a better fan.

Now it's your turn to apoligize to all of us.

#26 etownman
April 15 2013, 10:12PM

I think MacT is the right man for the job! Only time will tell but I'm a helluva lot more confident that Mac will get the players we need! Just never thought Tambi was the man to get'r done!

#27 ginganinja
April 15 2013, 11:56PM

@andrewmk20

"kids are 21 and 18 now" im guessing his dad is 86. Let me just say that dsf is what we will all turn into if this team stays on this road. Ive been a fan my whole life, 24 years. I have three good memories Dallas series Colorado series, 2006 and a whole lot of hopes and dreams. Every year my level of negativity inches closer to the max of my negativometer soon to reach the dreaded point at which I actually become dsf. He gets a lot of flak but I would say he had the most accurate and unclouded judgement out of anyone on this site all year. That being said, LET FANS BE FANS! Unreasonable expectations and dreams are normal for any good fan.

#28 dougtheslug
April 16 2013, 12:22AM

Actually I've never trusted Kevin Lowe as a GM since way back in 2006, when he was hired by his buddy and fellow Boy on the Bus, Wayne Gretzky, as assistant GM for the Olympic team in Turin, 2006, along with Tambo as director of player personnel. Instead of making the risky move of selecting younger players who were playing well that year, and deserved to be there, the "brains trust" played it safe, picking mostly by reputation, essentially duplicating the roster that won gold in 2002. Thus we saw plodders like Todd Bertuzzi, Kris Draper, Shane Doan, Adam Foote - safe,choices, but iffy on the big olympic ice - make the team instead of the likes of Sidney Crosby, Eric Stahl, Pual Kariya, Marc Savard - selections that would have raised eyebrows for sure, but in fact players that were having stellar seasons. I remember the "brains trust" saying "Crosby will have his turn", which made me cringe at the time because everyone I talked to knew that the the Olympic team should be comprised of the best players available, not some kind of lifetime achievement award for veterans.

Predictably, Canada was hopelessly outmatched on the big ice surface, getting shut out by Finland, Switzerland and Russia.

Klowe has shown that same mentality as a GM, demonstrating a lack of creativity, falling back to safe choices out of loyalty. And his performance today, insisting that his Stanley Cup rings won over 20 years ago, in a hockey landscape light years away from the modern game, somehow confers on him the knowledge to navigate that landscape, just shows how out of touch he and his buddy Katz really are.

#29 cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan
April 16 2013, 07:10AM

@Bucknuck

I am seriously hoping you are wrong

given his track record there is a very real chance your hope becomes reality

#30 The Real Scuba Steve
April 16 2013, 09:19AM

Maybe Terry Jones should have Fire Kevin next On the suns front page

#31 vetinari
April 16 2013, 10:29AM

Apparently being an Oiler fan is like a case of diabetes-- what type are you?

#32 tileguy
April 16 2013, 11:12AM

To make the best of this situation,

Kevin, just tell Mac T how much money he has to spend and then stay the f**k out of his way. That is all.

#33 match16
April 16 2013, 11:19AM
DSF wrote:

Watch out for those dangling participles.

And never, ever begin a sentence with "And".

It's a conjunction.

It makes you look stupid.

It's funny, you make fun of someone for starting a sentence using AND, while using AND as the first word of that sentence. Kind of makes YOU look stupid. AND you do the same thing again in post #81.

#34 John
April 16 2013, 12:58PM
DSF wrote:

Watch out for those dangling participles.

And never, ever begin a sentence with "And".

It's a conjunction.

It makes you look stupid.

Didn't you just use And at the beginning of a sentence?

#35 Harlie
April 15 2013, 05:32PM

Well, at least MacT has fire in his gut and he ain't afraid to say it. And of course he will have more power and say than Tambellini ever did. Time will tell but with Howson doing the metrics and MacT doing the wheeling and dealing this just may work. Time will tell..

#36 Spydyr
April 15 2013, 05:36PM

You can't leave those who created the problem in charge of the solution.

Tyree Scott

#37 Will
April 15 2013, 05:39PM

I like some of the aggressive moves Howson made in Columbus recently, and I also think Mac T will bring in the exact players needed to build around the talented core. He also understands the defense first side of things.

But he also lost the room the last time, and now he's running the team? And look at the turn around in Columbus when Howson left?

These things make me worry one of these two guys is going to screw it all up (not that screwing up isn't already happening). I'm worried about a brash move, like in the old days, that will see a player be traded, then blossom somewhere else, for a player that becomes ineffective when brought into the Oilers. Then, much like Greene, Glencross, and Brodziak, we will whine and complain and the brass will talk abut the exact type of player needed, is the one they just sent away, but didn't give enough time or circumstance to develop.

#38 The Soup Fascist
April 15 2013, 05:41PM

Tambellini's fatal flaw was the "stand pat" approach. In retrospect, that may end up being a good thing for the organization versus him making dumb moves, but sitting on the fence cannot be tolerated going forward.

I realize I am restating the obvious, but fans tired of the dithering "paralysis by analysis" approach Tambellini employed in putting a team on the ice. MacT will make a few errors, certainly - but at this point the fans (season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders alike) would rather see mistakes of comission rather than mistakes of omission.

#39 positivebrontefan
April 15 2013, 05:45PM

I for one hope K-Lowe made the right decision here today. What scares me is how good a friends him and Katz are and how much of a slide or sharp downward turn(if that's even possible) they will have to take before Lowe gets the trigger pulled on him. This team needed patience to get where it is. From the GM from the Owner and from the fans. The time for patience is over and while I thought Tambo was in a tough spot at the deadline because the Oilers went and put themselves in contention for a game or two, it was he who ultimately made the choice to sit on his hands. Trading away Whitney at that point may have been a sign that he didn't have faith in this group and might have sent the wrong message. What the team then did is seal his fate by going ahead and losing five in a row. Tough spot to be. Good luck MacT. At least he has some passion.

#40 JohnnySkidmarks
April 15 2013, 05:45PM

Bringing in MacT has everyone reeling....part of the good ole boys from the glory days. I say give it time, but my patience has slowly ran out. Changes need to be made NOW.

I dunno what to think anymore. Golf anyone?

#41 JohnnySkidmarks
April 15 2013, 05:45PM

And shout out to Wanye.

Dude is a pimp....werd to ya mutha.

#42 Smokey
April 15 2013, 05:49PM

You gotta wonder if Tambo reluctance to make a decent move or the right move at the trade line was due to him being a lame due to him being a lame duck GM.

#43 JDP
April 15 2013, 05:49PM

Say What! Good timing? Good timing to hire a GM with no experience? Okay...lets all wait now for the rebuild of our new GM...geez

#44 Rama Lama
April 15 2013, 05:56PM

I for one am okay with MacT making mistakes.........not necessairly the same one over and over again mind you.

Watching Tamby do what Tamby does........nothing, will be a very refreshing change. It seems to me all the hockey pundits, fans, commentators, were all asking for the same thing. That being something, anything that resembles a change in direction. It's too bad Tamby was frozen, like a deer in the headlights.

I do believe that an organization with all the talent in the world, could benefit from a Tamby type......maintainer. What we need here in Oile country is a builder, someone who has a vision, and for me today, Mac T reflected more of a vision in twenty minutes that Tamby did in six years.

As a fan, we all know what was coming, and now it's here..........let's all rejoice!

#45 Craig
April 15 2013, 05:57PM

This behaviour reminds me of Pres Clinton when he was having sex with interns, he could never get around fact that he did anything wrong. He was so use to getting his way , it never occurred to him he did anything wrong.

Lowe has this ego, that has been fed for years. He is truly a little man whose family I'm sure knows the real Kevin.

#46 T__Bone88
April 15 2013, 05:57PM

I don't mind this change. This team does need a shake up in the roster and hopefully Mac T is the one to make the correct bold move. Not maybe GM's are still with the team from start to finish of a rebuild. I think Tambellini was a prospect minded GM which is good for the start of a rebuild but now the team needs a GM that values veterans and Mac T has a better outlook on NHL veterans. I wish people would get off the idea that Lowe was the man pulling all the strings among trades and signings and the 'Old Boy's Club', its kinda getting old. I am sure all of GM's have to get the 'ok' from the higher ups on player movement.

#47 T__Bone88
April 15 2013, 05:57PM

#48 DoubleJ
April 15 2013, 05:59PM

I would love to know some of the moves Tambi was approached with, that he was scared to move on. I bet there was some too good to be true if "hind sight is 20/20".

I'm glad tambi was let go. I think Lowe should of waited to see if some other GM's became available or interviewed a few other candidates with more experience.

I think MacT is smart, just wish he could of tutored under an experienced gm a year or two first.

Either way there will be movement this offseason. Hope for the best.

#49 JDP
April 15 2013, 05:59PM

No experience people

#50 Jed
April 15 2013, 06:02PM

If being smart was the answer for a GM, there would be millions of Good GM's out there.