PHOTOSHOP AND DRAFT UPDATES

Wanye
April 23 2013 09:58AM

It was a two horse race in this Photoshop Contest this time around and we can't help but think that Kim Jong Un himself would have been pleased with the effort put forth this time around. And why not also plug in a crazy good Jay Z/Lana Del Rey mashup for some ambiance while we read?

Exactly.

WINNER

Ok seriously both of the entries that were running away with this contest are awesome. However this entry by the supremely talented OilerLand is one of the more amazing entries in the history of the Photoshop Contests. This is poster quality design right here folks.

Oilerland is one of those guys who pumps out work and you go "man, this stuff is so good. It's amazing that the NHL hasn't connected with him in some sort of official capacity." He has a blog and sells gear and everything and you should go and look.

Get a good look. bathe it in. This is supreme quality.

RUNNER UP

Ah we had such a laugh when this entry came in to WanyeMail. It's just a priceless entry that captures both the spirit of the contest and the humour we were shooting for. Look at ol Kay-Z running away from those bikini babes. Must be hard to be a billionaire in constant - WAIT WHAT -

*squints at bikini babes on 2 inch monitor*

HAHAHA ITS THE OILERS BRAIN TRUST.

Classic.

As always a big thank you goes out to everyone who entered the Photoshop Contest. These things are one of our most favourite parts of the site and we will have another one once the dust has settled on the playoffs fer sure. Prizes to Oilerland glory to the State of OilersNation.

DRAFT UPDATE

As the regular season grinds to a painful close here in good ol' E-Town it is clear that the Ministry of Squee has fallen short of it's goal of finishing in first place and landing the $5,000 shopping spree from United Cycle. Although we have climbed aaaaaaaall the way up into 397th overall it is going to take one HELL of a week from Brooks Laich for us to vault into the Pole Position. And yes we are aware he has climbed back onto the IR for the remainder of all eternity.

Meanwhile up in the clouds in an emotional state of bliss that we can barely fathom the leaders keep on leading. Bernie Nicholls Blue Skate Blades seems to be maintaining his comfortable 5 point lead week after week after week. But if there is anything we know about the NHL it's that things can change in a hurry. Except here in Edmonton of course.

*sighs so heavily time stops briefly*

As we prattled on about a few weeks back we have an entirely new draft game cooked up for the playoffs called Streak Cred. It is going to be more interactive and prizes will be global yet the charities supported will remain in Edmonton. Then when your Tanzanian cousin plays and bitches that he can't even crack the top 10 you can say "yeah well, Edmonton charities halfway around the planet benefited so it ain't all bad."

OTHER WINNER

Anyone see Travis and Cory Dakin on the television last night? That's one of the most amazing things that has ever happened. Like seriously what a hero. Then there was the time he did this.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Archaeologuy
April 23 2013, 10:49AM
Jonathan Willis wrote:

Remember Travis Dakin after Gagner's eight-point night?

Seriously, what a hero.

If you read this and dont understand then just know that you missed out on one of the great Oiler fan moments of the internet age.

#2 Archaeologuy
April 23 2013, 11:41AM

Wanye, its truly time you organized a search for Ender.

#3 Harlie
April 23 2013, 10:01AM

I vote for the Dakin photoshop.

How they shaved a gorilla and made it look like Dakin one will never know!

#4 Jonathan Willis
April 23 2013, 10:12AM

Remember Travis Dakin after Gagner's eight-point night?

Seriously, what a hero.

#6 rubbertrout
April 23 2013, 11:31AM

I dig the photoshops but it makes me nostalgic for Ender's entries. They were always top notch.

#7 The Towel Boy
April 23 2013, 11:22AM

Thinking of getting "DAKIN" tattooed across the back of my shoulders.

#8 rubbertrout
April 23 2013, 11:30AM
Archaeologuy wrote:

plug that into your internet machine and follow along.

AAAND he beats me to it. Although my link was much more interweb savvy.

#10 Harlie
April 23 2013, 10:24AM

But, I meant it in the nicest way possible. Any gorilla and his bro that can crush a couple of blenders full of draft beer has got my RESPECT!

#11 VK63
April 23 2013, 10:57AM

The irony of having the belanger triangles name bar superimposed on Sir Dakins squeeze shirt is just.... well..... 2013 oilerz painful.

#12 rubbertrout
April 23 2013, 11:20AM
Archaeologuy wrote:

Arch you really should have posted a link for the uneducated because it was a great moment. We all need to remember things like that in these dark days when we have to look up at the Flames in the standings even though they stink.

#13 pelhem grenville
April 23 2013, 11:21AM

...it's printed framed and on my wall in my moms third husbands'daughters bedroom ...

nice solid work Oilerland...

#14 Bucknuck
April 23 2013, 11:24AM
Jonathan Willis wrote:

Remember Travis Dakin after Gagner's eight-point night?

Seriously, what a hero.

That was classic comedy.

#15 Oil Kings 'n' Pretty Things
April 23 2013, 11:24AM
Harlie wrote:

I -just- linked someone to the tucked-in jersey pic in this article last week. Weird.

#16 Dallylamma
April 23 2013, 11:27AM
Wanye wrote:

Hey now me and Travis Dakin decided over our 1,665th beer this weekend that we are "legit friends" now upgraded from "internet buddies."

As his legit friend I now have to scrap you for calling him a shaved gorilla.

*Puts on fighting sweat pants*

Are you giving TDake a key to stately Wayne Manor?

#17 Archaeologuy
April 23 2013, 11:28AM

plug that into your internet machine and follow along.

#18 rubbertrout
April 23 2013, 11:29AM

For those of you that missed the Dakin 8 point extravaganza here is the link.

#19 Bucknuck
April 23 2013, 11:34AM

What if Ender was taken by the Borg and brought back. Is there anyone on here who always starts their posts with the word "we".

#20 Archaeologuy
April 23 2013, 11:36AM

@rubbertrout

My html is getting better, but I would have had to check my cheat sheet to make the hyperlink. I was lazy.

#21 pelhem grenville
April 23 2013, 01:04PM
Archaeologuy wrote:

Wanye, its truly time you organized a search for Ender.

...what he said

#22 abbeef
April 23 2013, 01:37PM

Come on Tanzanian tornadoes. The inter Web is a little rough on this side of the planet but a nice $5000 shopping spree would be a nice welcome back to Edmonton. Plus I think I deserve something for listening to the oiler games at 6 in the morning on a internet connection that cuts in and out constantly. If only David Jones lights it up this week all will be well. PS I have not been able to find out what happened to Kaberle. Did he get injured or has he just sucked supremely and been sent down?

#23 Bucknuck
April 23 2013, 01:46PM
Archaeologuy wrote:

Wanye, its truly time you organized a search for Ender.

Sounds like a necessary diversion while I try and ignore the playoffs.

#25 DrDave
April 23 2013, 10:05PM

What a legend! My hat is off to the Dakin boys (although I can't wear many hats due to the excess of hair I currently sport...)

#28 pelhem grenville
April 24 2013, 07:47AM

...Ender might be in a witness protection program and has been trying to tell us how he's doing now that he's taken on a new identity...DSF

hi Ender how's it hangin' ?