STREAKCRED ROUND TWO

Wanye
May 14 2013 01:12PM

If all the annoying ads, tweets and articles haven't broken your free will - perhaps the start of StreakCred 2013.2 will convince you to join. For the second round of playoffs we have a whole new round of prizes and the entry cost is only $10.

People who signed up for round 1 continue on as though nothing has happened competing for the same prizes including the grand prize of a trip for two to Munich for Oktoberfest.

People who have been avoiding signing up "because the game looks dumb" or "because I don't pay for stuff on the internet" now have a chance to get involved.

There has never been a better time to join up and help the MS Bike Tour and the Edmonton Down Syndrome Society.

Sign up for Round Two of StreakCred here.

EXPLAIN IT AGAIN TO ME WANYE

"Ok you have my attention because I have nothing better to read for 5 minutes. What is streakcred once and for all?" StreakCred is a game where you pick who is going to win the games on any given night. It ain't gamblin as there is no points spread or over under or anything like that. It's just as simple as logging in and guessing who is going to win.

String back to back wins together and you have a streak going. Longest streak between Round 2 and the Cup Finals wins the grand prize.

Which brings us to:

ROUND 2 ENTRIES: GRAND PRIZE

We launched StreakCred last minute and our entries have fallen far short of what we thought we would get. Nevertheless the people who are playing it report it is "way funner than the original NationDraft" and "it is ruining my career/marriage/life."

Of our paltry entry totals through the first round our entries from Edmonton and Area are merely a fraction of the overall entries.So we are doing round 2 with an Edmonton focus.

The Grand Prize is going to be a round of golf with Jason Gregor, Jason Strudwick and your ol pal Wanye. We will share a golf cart, I will buy you beer and together we will secretly laugh at the pair of Jasons as they hack their way around the course. And we will bring you some swag that may or may not contain NationGear and other assorted goodies.

Second place is Oodle Noodle for a year for a lucky person. That's right. Free deliciousness from here until May 2014 when we are all wringing our hands about missing the playoffs again and alternately looking forward to the Oilers continuing their fantastic rebuild. Other prizes rounding out the top 10 are from our friends at the Pint and naturally more Oodle Noodle GCs.

We are trying to bail ourselves out of a StreakCred sized hole Nation and the only move is - you guessed it  - more StreakCred.

So please sign up.

Here.

For only $10.

MWAH MWAH MWAH

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 RED DRAGON
May 14 2013, 01:15PM

I missed the FIST round, I'd better get my poop in a pile for round 2!

#3 vetinari
May 14 2013, 02:52PM

Dammit. I misread and thought it was Steak-Cred... tender, delicious steak in a Montreal rub... mmmmmmmmmmmm... steak...

#4 Chainsawz
May 14 2013, 03:12PM

Not as big of a prize as Oktoberfest, but my wife, kid, and liver would probably prefer if I won a round of golf. Count me in.

#5 geoilersgist
May 14 2013, 03:14PM

I'M ALL SIGNED UP AND CAN'T WAIT TO WIN EVERY SINGLE PRIZE YOU ARE OFFERING

#7 gravis82
May 14 2013, 06:54PM

Fun Fact

When choosing 1st round playoff winners, the team with the higher end of season TSN power ranking won 7/8 rounds (exception being DET ANA). This included picking 4 winners that were lower in the final NHL point standings than their opponent (i.e.LA,SJS,NYR,OTT). Small sample size, but hey, neato.

#8 gravis82
May 14 2013, 07:03PM

Fun Fact

#9 Chainsawz
May 14 2013, 09:37PM
Wanye wrote:

SHOVEL LORDS THAT DOMINATE NEED NOT ENTER ROUND 2. ONLY PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT THINK COLUMBUS WILL WIN THE CUP AND ARE ABSTAINING FROM PLAY AS A RESULT

Haha, good thing I joined with a super top secret team name that will hopefully exclude me from exclusion.

#10 A-Mc
May 15 2013, 08:53AM

Wanye: I'm concerned with how often you're saying that this streakcred game has left you guys in a deep hole.

Did you over extend on the prizes? I hope this doesn't affect the re-appearance of this game next season. I quite enjoy playing this over any other type of pool.

#11 The Beaker
May 15 2013, 09:39AM

How big of a hole did you dig yourself Sir Wanye? I'll try and sign up for this round if I can though funds are tight. I'm assuming this will go into next year and such right?