LEXUS OF EDMONTON - COMMUNITY PARTNER

Wanye
June 05 2013 05:32PM

Today is a sweet day for the site – we get to proudly announce that Lexus of Edmonton has become the first Community Partner of OilersNation.com. Recently the good folks at the dealership contacted us – which is a shocker in of itself – saying that they were interested in helping us get to $200k in annual charitable donations.

Said General Manager Bruce Kirkland, “we are proud to be involved in the community at Lexus of Edmonton. Some of us here at the dealership read the site on the regular and see that you guys are starting to support more charitable endeavours. We thought you might need some Corporate Support so we want to offer our help.”

This is legitimately awesome and we cannot thank them enough for their offer of prizing and awareness of our initiatives. They have also become an advertiser on the site which is sick too.

Lexus of Edmonton advertising on your site is kind of like getting the Nuge to come out to your beer league game. He is better than it and you know it. He knows it too. Everyone knows it. And yet there he is. And same goes for Lexus advertising on OilersNation.

Amazing.

A NIGHT OF FUN - BRYAN'S ANGELS

In addition to Lexus of Edmonton helping us with our charitable initiatives we are going to work to promote the stuff they do too. Lexus of Edmonton is impressively involved in the community and already works with people you may already know like Jason “Tiberius” Gregor who will be hosting the 3rd annual “A night with Bryan’s Angels” tomorrow June 6th at the Lexus of Edmonton dealership.

Bryan’s Angels were created in 2011 to help raise funds for the Brian Mudryk Golf Classic in support of the Alberta Cancer Foundation. In 2012 these folks raised over $70,000 and each year the total continues to climb.

This has a lot to do with this auction night at the dealership, which we attended last year and watched Host Gregor try and brow beat us into buying a Jordan Eberle stick in the auction. Then the bidding got up to about 11 billion dollars as we recall and we had to drop out of the running.

We will be back this year armed with a counterfeit credit card and a taste for blood.

If you are interested in supporting this awesome cause and our new best friends at Lexus of Edmonton you can get your paws on the $20 tickets at the door by emailing bryansangels@gmail.com

In conclusion thank you so much for your support Lexus of Edmonton. We look forward to working with you and raising money for deserving Edmonton charities.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Dave
June 06 2013, 06:35PM

I knew this crowd would have someone in it that would bring this up. Lego - I was a student of Bruce's and had to stay with him during my parent's divorce in the late 80s. Very supportive man. By today's stds, very tough to say he'd make it as a teacher/coach as his style was quite personable and caring, which included hugging kids and actually sharing/showing emotion - which just wouldn't fly today. I wouldn't be the man I am without him having shown compassion and caring. Shameful to bring that up it this thread, esp given nothing ever came from the claims you mentioned.

#2 Sox and Oil
June 05 2013, 05:42PM

Wow this is legit. Good job nations and good job Lexus.

#eatsh!taudi

#3 jeanshorts
June 05 2013, 05:53PM

So the Chevette Dealers Of Edmonton sponsorship didn't work out then I guess?

#4 Kent Wilson
June 05 2013, 05:57PM

Nice work Wanye.

Now when do principals of the network get their free, promo Lexuses??

#5 Boxersam
June 05 2013, 06:00PM

Wow LEXUS.....Good advertising. Now if i see one of your cars in front of me i will drive over it in my Redneck truck. Other than that, nice gig Lexus. You are as arrogant as those who drive your vehicles. AND YES I CAN AFFORD YOUR LUXURY.

JEEP.

LOL

Just kidding around round guys, dont get your thongs in a knot.

Good on you Lexus.

#6 mlcsellil
June 05 2013, 07:13PM

I hope the experience you have with them is better than my experience with them. Still waiting for them to deliver on their promise of their referral policy. Waiting since Feb.

#7 Smokey
June 05 2013, 07:31PM

Woohoo we're sellouts!!!!

So what kinda shwag do we get, free keg party at the Druid? Oiler tickets? Free colonoscopies, what?

#8 Jd
June 05 2013, 07:44PM

I got a peaceful easy feeling.

#9 Rob...
June 05 2013, 09:18PM

@Boxersam

If you own a jeep you can't afford a Lexus... god knows you can't even afford legally required mudflaps. ;)

#10 Archaeologuy
June 05 2013, 09:42PM

Lexus makes a quality vehicle and their leadership is clearly very astute. Well done Wanye et al.

#11 freeze
June 05 2013, 10:27PM

Congrats, fellas! Great to see more charities get additional support.

#12 David S
June 05 2013, 11:01PM

Dan Tencer got an Evoque when he inked his new deal with Range Rover. Does this mean Wanye gets to upgrade the beemer with a chick magnet Lexus? That'd be a deal breaker for me.

#13 Jonathan Willis
June 05 2013, 11:13PM

Ever since I learned they could parallel park themselves, I have wanted a Lexus, so this feels like a natural fit.

Well done, Wanye! And it's nice to see the support for charitable initiatives too!

#14 kgo
June 06 2013, 12:04AM

I miss my '95 LS 400.

That was a big luxurious beast, full of power.

I could rip on the highway at 140 in pure silence. Had electrical issues tho

#15 @Oilanderp
June 06 2013, 12:42AM

@Jonathan Willis

If you need, I can accept charitble donations of your corportate funds which get refunded back to you at tax time and I will parallel park your vehicle.*

*May or may not be able to parallel park, since I have usually just driven over any inconvenient things in my Jeep™

#16 Clyde Frog
June 06 2013, 07:56AM

Congratulations! Also great work Lexus!

#17 rubbertrout
June 06 2013, 08:27AM

Wanyemobile parked outside of Wanye Manor >>>>> anything Lexus sells.

This must have been about the charity.

#18 borisnikov
June 06 2013, 09:12AM

Why are guys grinding axes about Lexus on here? They just stepped up to help O.N. raise more charity money. Go grind somewhere else. Sheesh.

#19 Dave
June 06 2013, 09:32AM

Awesome. Bruce is a wonderful person and to have him step up is a natural. Yes, wheels get greased in PR moves and everyone has something to say about something and everything, but Car Wars stuff is unwarranted in this discussion... this is about supporting the site we all come to and its business plan, which includes community input/support.

#20 northof51
June 06 2013, 10:33AM

OT, but does anyone else like loading up the ON page just to see the last game score? Holy man I'm starting to look forward to next year already!

#21 oilers2k10
June 06 2013, 10:46AM
Jonathan Willis wrote:

Honestly if you need a car to parallel park for you then you shouldn't have your drivers license..pretty cool technology though, useless but cool.

#22 jonny94
June 06 2013, 11:35AM

Off topic but always wondered

Is your name pronounced like Kanye?

Cause that's how I've been saying your name Wanye.

#23 Lego
June 06 2013, 12:44PM

Pretty sure this is the same Bruce Kirkland that used to be a high school phys ed. teacher / coach. He used to physically and emotionally abuse us for fun. He was also implicated in a very inappropriate hazing incident at Scona in the 80's, for which he was charged. Not sure if the charges stuck though.

Maybe the leopard has changed his spots, maybe not.

#24 Chainsawz
June 07 2013, 12:48PM

Wanye, ever get sick of being the one that has to write the fluff pieces? I guess Brownlee writes fluff too but I don't think it is on purpose...

Either way, congrats.

#25 pelhem grenville
June 07 2013, 01:32PM

...again you have come up LARGE my leader...

you are THE consummate yet wonderfully shameless promoter and i'm duly impressed !!!

#26 pelhem grenville
June 07 2013, 01:39PM

...oh my... Shovel Lord

"fluff pieces"???????????????

I'm guessing he has no idea as to the "community" implications this "fluff" has on Oilersnation...

as a Shovel Lord he should 'dig it' way more