A DIFFERENT KIND OF DRAFT PARTY

Wanye
July 14 2013 06:38PM

This year the Party Planning Department at OilersNation (me) and the geniuses at Pint Downtown (hot chicks for the most part) elected not to have our 4th annual NHL entry draft party. The Oilers mercifully didn't finish last, meaning they didn't pick first. Plus the NHL moved it from Friday (fun times) to Sunday at noon (dead times.)

But never fear - we are going to throw one hell of a Draft Party this Friday at the Pint Downtown. Draft party as in the official release of NationBeer.

You read that right. What was once merely a blog is now also a beer.

SAY WHAT NOW?

"How does one get one's own beer" you may be wondering? Well first you have to have tried almost every single beer on planet Earth. Then you have to come to the realization that they all sort of taste the same. Then you have to convince the people at Labatt and at Pint Canada that beer doesn't taste all the same and it's time that they make you a beer and sell it at their bar.

And then they buy your line of thinking by some miracle. And then you have your own beer. And then you have a launch party.

SO WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

First thing is first. Going to the Pint Downtown on a beautiful sunny Friday night* is always a great time. If we can't agree on that you might as well stop reading right now.

Secondly what's in it for you is as follows. For your $20 ticket you get:

1. An exclusive NationBeer tee shirt
  2. Admittance to the party of the year**
  3. A $20 Pint gift certificate
  4. A $25 Oodle Noodle delivery gift certificate
  5. A presumed hangover 10-15 hours later

But the party itself is gonna be awesome. Gregor is doing his show live from 2-6 PM. There are rumours Jason Strudwick will swing by. There are also other rumours that "babes" will be in attendance.

Let that sink in for a minute. BABES.

SO WHAT'S IN IT FOR SOCIETY?

As always all of the proceeds from Nation Network parties go to deserving Edmonton Charities. This time we are supporting the deserving folks at the Inner City Children's Program and the Edmonton Down Syndrome Society.

We are still digging out from the financial grenade that was StreakCred Season 1 so every dollar we can raise for charities is needed to keep pace with our goal of raising $100k for charity in 2013.

I'M IN WANYE NOW WHAT DO I DO?

Ah. Good for you. If you want to light the world on fire this Friday and sample a few kegs of a beer that has been described by critics as "palatable" and "containing alcohol" please click on the link below.

NationBeer Launch Party

Friday July 19, 2013 - starts at a leisurely 6 PM

Tickets are only $20 in support of Edmonton charities.

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS

*Or a torrential downpour who can really tell these days.

** If you exclude all better parties from this ranking system.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 vetinari
July 14 2013, 08:07PM

If you had a Steve Tambellini Dunktank (tm) with a real Steve Tambellini in it, you could raise like a gazillion dollars for charity (give or take a gogillian dollars)!

#3 Mikey
July 14 2013, 06:55PM

Beer?

#4 The real minnow
July 14 2013, 07:37PM

Count minnow +1 in. My love affair with beer and the nation will finally be married into one. I cannot wait

Drink the Nation Beer

Ummm...that is all that I have

Drink the Nation Beer

#6 G Money
July 14 2013, 08:33PM
Wanye wrote:

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

Another vote for Cowtown ...

And BTW, WTF is with this "Colonel" business??? I assumed you were an Admiral or a General or something.

#7 Harlie
July 15 2013, 10:36AM

I need a keg of this wonder elixir the next time I head out to the cabin at Buck Lake.

#8 The Towel Boy
July 15 2013, 09:03PM

THIS IS THE SINGLE GREATEST INVENTION SINCE THE INVENTION OF BEER.

#9 gr8one
July 14 2013, 06:57PM

Damn, would love to be there, even if for the t-shirt alone...damn living in North Carolina!

#10 WheresYourTowel
July 14 2013, 07:24PM

There is no way in the seven hells that I'll make it to this party. However, I do have a secondary query:

Will they sell this beer at the new Pint in Calgary?

*crosses fingers*

#11 the tikk
July 14 2013, 07:55PM

NATION BEER: Much like this young Oilers team, you just can't keep it down!

#12 The Soup Fascist
July 14 2013, 08:31PM
gr8one wrote:

Yes quite a cross to bear.

I am sure the new beer will more make up for 6 months of snow and potholes the size of a Volkswagen we have in good ol' our town.

#13 Dave
July 14 2013, 09:27PM

You got beer named after you? The best I could do is have toilet paper named after me, but people quit buying it, cause it didn't take s*#t either.

#14 John Chambers
July 14 2013, 10:59PM
Oilers G-that un-retired Haiku writing MotherF^%$er wrote:

Drink the Nation Beer

Ummm...that is all that I have

Drink the Nation Beer

Excellent haiku my friend

#15 Serious Gord
July 14 2013, 11:29PM

Need to get a picture of Wayne holding/drinking one...

#16 Mumbai Max
July 15 2013, 05:17AM

StreakCred was a confusing and nonsensical name. Change the name, change your Karma.

#17 Darrell
July 15 2013, 05:19AM
gr8one wrote:

I thought I was the only Oilernation representing North Carolina (Charlotte)? Where do u watch the games ?

#18 Spydyr
July 15 2013, 07:37AM

Beer and hockey go together like beer and hockey. Sounds like a fun Friday night.

#19 eljosho
July 15 2013, 07:46AM

Exporting to Australia??

#20 Shredder
July 15 2013, 08:27AM

Damn...I have go on stupid VACATION...so I'm out.

#21 bingofuel
July 15 2013, 09:37AM

Beer!

#22 OttawaOilFan
July 15 2013, 12:32PM

Sadly like gr8one, Darrell & eljosho I sadly can't make it. All week/weekend long I've been reading (& dreaming) of Nation Beer. I would sell my younger brother for a shot at drinking Nation Beer all weekend long with Wanye and the Citizen's of the Nation! :-(

#23 confused
July 16 2013, 12:03PM

So is your alter ego name pronounced as wanye = one eye