MAN CAVE WINNER

Wanye
July 22 2013 08:27PM

Sometimes in life a bigger better fish swims by and all you can do is appreciate what you have had the chance to see for yourself.

And so it goes in our Man Cave contest as sponsored by Jerad Cox and Sterling Real Estate.

A couple weeks back we put out the Man Cave contest to the Nation to see what the OilersNation has built over the years to cheer on their beloved squad. "When I got into real estate I couldn't get over the man caves I saw" said Jerad when we first cooked up this contest.

"Edmonton fans must lead the league in building man caves. I don't know if it's the weather making Man Caves a winter necessity or the fact that Oilers fans are just the best in the game but I knew if we put it out there we will see some dandies."

And dandies we saw.

Over 30 different Man Caves were sent in as applications for a Nuge-Hall-Eberle lithograph as supplied by Jerad. It's clear regardless of the new arena being built that Oilers fans are building themselves their own luxury in their own homes from which to watch the Mighty Oil try and float themselves off the ocean floor of the NHL.

AND THE WINNER IS

After all the votes were tallied our winner - we will call him "Harvey X" on account of his first name being Harvey and his secrecy protected by an X - is the top of the pops.

Just look at this palace of festering.

Non finished roof (respect) jersies piled on top of jersies. Sticks, photos, everything the rest of us Tier Two fans can aspire to as we sit in our homes watching the Oil play their hearts out night after night.

Mad respect to everyone who entered our contest. It was one of our favourite contests to date and getting a chance to take a gander at everyones set ups was a real treat.

RESPECT ALL AROUND

And mad respect to Jerad Cox too. It is one thing to advertise on the Nation and become our favourite real estate agent in town. It is quite another to cook up a cool contest and supply the sick prizing. Should Wanye Manor ever be restored to the point it could undo all of the damage we have caused it and be a "saleable asset" on the Edmonton Real Estate market we know who we will enlist.

Enjoy your prize Harvey X. It will fit in nicely to the Taj Mahal of man caves that you have already built.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 Mark-LW
July 22 2013, 08:36PM

What was the prize?

#3 Kevrock
July 22 2013, 08:51PM

Are you seriously insulting Sir Wanye with that comment that implies you didn't read his article...He's got a lot of important things to be doing like, Crafting fine lagers, drafting new photoshop contests, designing amazing clothing and spreading good cheer in this depressing time of no hockey.

At least appreciate his efforts by reading "Over 30 different Man Caves were sent in as applications for a Nuge-Hall-Eberle lithograph as supplied by Jerad."

Also, I'M so fracking impressed with this cave...but I do wonder, Where's the red light?

#4 vetinari
July 22 2013, 09:00PM

Can we call this place "Man Manor"?

#5 YFC Prez
July 22 2013, 09:45PM

I am incredibly envious of that basement. How can anyone not have a good time on game night in that shrine.

One night I will have a random drunken encounter with your basement Mr "Harvey X". Rest assured good sir!

#6 Harvey X.
July 22 2013, 10:46PM

Thanks to everyone for the votes.....that is years of collecting and its always growin! The red light is on one of the back shelves...just across from the super rare Strudwick game jersey and Super Chexx Bubble Hockey. Like the other guys said it's too bad you can't get all the details in...the best part is my wife doesn't even like goin down there! Thanks again for the prize and votes!

#7 Wax Man Riley
July 23 2013, 01:12AM
Harvey X. wrote:

YOU HAVE THAT CAVE AND HAVE TOUCHED A WOMAN?!?!?

*bows down*

#8 pelhem grenville
July 23 2013, 03:50AM

"...This is a real eye opener that should inspire the handiman and handiwomen in all of us to up our games...

(sp)handyman and handywomen please

i'm a handyman...and I AM inspired...to start robbing banks to have a joint like dat...

nice piece...

#9 rubbertrout
July 23 2013, 07:12AM

Oh yeah? I've got a TV in my basement! And . . .

*sobs

#10 The Soup Fascist
July 23 2013, 07:16AM

@Harvey X.

Ha ha. There actually is a red light there! So one can only assume you really do have the much sought after Struddy game worn - amazing.

This really is an awesome collection, Sir. Well done!

One question though, what is the deal with the tuba? Michigan Wolverines marching band? The kid that played it got to "dot the "I" at midfield at an Ohio State game? The kid that got destroyed when the band came on the field too early? A & W root bear prop? There has to be a story.

#11 e5realestate
July 23 2013, 07:47AM

@harveyx

Congrats! Contact me and we will get you your prize!

Easiest way is either through oilersnation or direct through me through our website. Click on the link in the article above.

Jerad Cox Sterling Real Estate

#12 Oilfan69
July 23 2013, 07:49AM

hey wayne quit slacking, we're expecting a follow up article with a slide show of pics from said winning basement to be posted :)

#13 Spydyr
July 23 2013, 08:59AM

Tier two fans RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

#14 Zarny
July 23 2013, 10:04AM

Mr. X, I salute you.

#15 HardBoiledOil
July 23 2013, 11:21AM

YES!!! the mancave i voted for! :-)

#16 vetinari
July 23 2013, 11:29AM
Wax Man Riley wrote:

YOU HAVE THAT CAVE AND HAVE TOUCHED A WOMAN?!?!?

*bows down*

It may be just Wanye in a wig... he's fooled people before like that...

*curls up on the floor of a shower, scrubbing madly with soap... can't get clean... can't get clean...

#17 H.O.P.E (guess its now, H.E.Y.H)
July 23 2013, 04:45PM

Looks like the only thing youre missing now is the Stanley Cup replica fridge..... and i possibly could be convinced to sell it....

I too have the red light but its kind of annoying.

#18 Kevrock
July 23 2013, 04:57PM

@H.O.P.E (guess its now, H.E.Y.H)

Hahaha, It's going to get alot more annoying this year!

#19 A-Mc
July 23 2013, 07:00PM

Ah crap. Just when the contest ends i think of a sure winner. People would love my hand painted replica carboard posters (creases included), and my sportchek bedazzled, yet nuuuuge signed, pucks!

Im pretty sure my hockey stick coffee table sans 1 leg would captivate the hearts of Oil fans everywhere. next year ill reveal what a real Oiler fans mancave looks like!

#20 Harlie
July 23 2013, 08:40PM

Nice cave dude! I especially like the wall/dressing room stall jersey area. When I get my cave up and running I'd like to have something like that as well. Beauty!

P.S - Just got my Bud Red Light the other week that will have to find a place in my cave. Cool piece if anyone is considerin. It's full metal jacket and quality craftsmanship.

#21 lauren
July 30 2013, 07:37AM

That is such a great sign. My fiance has a nice man cave and I wanted to get him a sign. He is in a band so I was thinking about getting a sign of his bands name. I have been looking into led sign manufacturers to see if they can custom make a sign for me. Should I get a sign of the band name or of his favorite beer?