NATION NETWORK HIRING AGAIN

Wanye
August 19 2013 03:05PM

The Nation Network and our affiliated group of companies is hiring again - this time for a graphic/web/video/animation designer. So if you rolled your eyes at the tee shirt above because "I am a designer and this is such a cliche" we may have just the job for you.

BACKSTORY

Having recovered 3% from the crippling destruction of an NHL lockout the Nation is growing again. We have just recently completed an exhaustive search for a sales executive and have now set our sights at hiring our first full time designer.

Working at NationHQ in Edmonton, this individual will help us in all super serious design aspects of our businesses and will also have the fun opportunity to make all sorts of gibberish working in tandem with your ol' pal Wanye.

DESIGN THIS

Are you a wicked designer? Do you currently smash yourself in the head with a hammer when forced to do the 1,650,302nd consecutive boring task at your current job? Do you have a burning desire to make videos and animations whilst tempering fun with "serious work" developing our brands?

Have you ever watched our photoshop contests and thought "I can hammer out those kinds of photos with my eyes closed." Can your work eclipse the MS Paint masterpieces we churn out with ever decreasing regularity? Do you like lots of questions?

QUALIFICATIONS

• Post-secondary degree or diploma is preferred and new graduates are encouraged to apply
  • Remarkable graphic design skills
  • A general interest in the sports, entertainment, hospitality and retail industries
  • Creativity, Flexibility and attention to detail
  • Proficient in desktop publishing tools including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
  • An understanding of XML and HTML
  • Strong motivation and ability to work independently
  • Ability to create video animation
  • Ability to create web ready video using stock footage and clips filmed by our team

For more information including a complete job posting please email your resume and a sample portfolio of your work to jobs@oilersnation.com.

Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Good luck!

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 The Towel Boy
August 19 2013, 03:16PM

People said working for Steve Jobs was sometimes terrible.

Those people have houses in Fiji and have chauffeured Maybachs now.

#3 Baresnake
August 19 2013, 03:20PM

I trashed Wanye's comment, just cuz I could. It's going to seriously affect his Dakin.

#4 The Towel Boy
August 19 2013, 03:24PM
Baresnake wrote:

I trashed your comment because DAKIN.

#5 Baresnake
August 19 2013, 03:32PM
The Towel Boy wrote:

I trashed your comment because DAKIN.

I may set the new low in the history of Dakin'in with that one. Wanye and the Belieber's will be out to get me.

#6 Robin Brownlee
August 19 2013, 03:48PM
Wanye wrote:

WORKING WITH WANYE? THAT SOUNDS TERRIBLE

My brain is scrambled from multiple concussions as a wannabe tough guy in lacrosse and it's further addled by years of bad living on the road as a sports writer. That's the same as a degree, no? I'd like to apply.

#7 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
August 19 2013, 04:06PM

Some day we're gonna look back and say "Believe it or not but that there was built on beer and MS Paint."

#8 Matt Henderson
August 19 2013, 04:13PM

Barf. This comment simply will not post.

#9 David S
August 19 2013, 05:21PM

I've had the opportunity to meet "Wanye". If you are a decent designer reading this post I can tell you he'd be one helluva straight up guy to work for*.

*This is a for-real endorsement.

** But I hope you like the booze because...well you see Wanye, he kinda...HEY DID YOU KNOW PAULINA GRETZKY GOT ENGAGED????

#10 The Beaker
August 19 2013, 05:33PM

I have all of those qualifications except for the design stuff.

#11 Rama Lama
August 19 2013, 05:58PM

I would like to apply except I know nothing of designing graphics and can only work part-time on Wednesdays.

Of course I do expect a six figure salary and ever second Wednesday off? Where do I send my resume?

#12 toni_rajalapeno
August 19 2013, 06:05PM

I knew I shouldn't have put all my eggs in the photograpy/Photoshop basket!

Now googling "how quickly can I learn XML"

#13 G Money
August 19 2013, 06:36PM
Wanye wrote:

WORKING WITH WANYE? THAT SOUNDS TERRIBLE

How do I apply to work AS Wanye?

*That* sounds like a cushy job! I have the requisite skill i.e. MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON WORKS!

#14 DSF
August 19 2013, 06:48PM

I'm over qualified for the job but, alas, my Dakin Score is severely in the red.

That's what happens when you're willing to go into the blue paint.

On that note, the Flames will finish ahead of the Oilers in the Blue Pacific because they will soon announce the signing of Mikaell Grabovkski who makes Snowpants look like a ballerina.

#15 Time Travelling Sean
August 19 2013, 07:07PM

WHEN DOES THE SEASON START?

#16 OilClog
August 19 2013, 07:10PM
DSF wrote:

That's what happens when you're willing to go into the blue paint.

Good Grief

#17 OilClog
August 19 2013, 07:12PM
Robin Brownlee wrote:

This actually does sound terrible

#18 OilClog
August 19 2013, 07:14PM
DSF wrote:

That's what happens when you're willing to go into the blue paint.

Ballerina.. so if we're talking "toughness".. Grabo will have a rude awakening on his hands. And I guess you'll have another one too, will it set in.. probably not, you believe Grabovski brings the Flames out of the Basement.

Good Grief

#19 toni_rajalapeno
August 19 2013, 07:18PM

You guys should chill with the resumes, I already have the head start because I'm a published contributor better luck next time. I can switch heads circles around y'all

this job is basically going to be full-time head switching right? errrrr

#20 I tried it at home
August 19 2013, 08:37PM

HEY!!! I'm still waiting for my date with the OKLA)(HOMA goddess over here. Anytime guys....

#21 toprightcorner
August 20 2013, 12:46AM
DSF wrote:

That's what happens when you're willing to go into the blue paint.

So living in your parents basement is over qualified??

If Wanye asked for someone who likes to be the centre of attention, regularly takes conversation off topic, pulls fake information out of thin air, rarely does statistical research to back up any statements and is 100% infatuated with themselves then it would be a slam dunk for you!!

Alas, you won't get this job where you would work behind the scenes of ON which means the rest of us will continue to be tortured by your idiotic comments.

#22 Oilfan69
August 20 2013, 08:20AM

so will the new guy be in charge of keeping this stuff current * cough*

http://oilersnation.com/news http://oilersnation.com/authors/nationradio

#24 Oilfan69
August 20 2013, 02:28PM

I didn't mean that the radio show should come back as I think that having most of the writers of the site having their own radio show on 1260 is sufficient but it should probably be cleaned up on the site here :)

as for the news either something broke or someone went on vacation cause it stopped updating on july 31st across the nation sites.

#25 Mojo
August 20 2013, 07:49PM

Looking forward to applying for the position!