NEW NATIONGEAR ON SALE

Wanye
August 26 2013 12:38PM

The summer of 2013 is starting to start to wind down. The mornings are getting a bit chilly, it's raining cats and dogs. For some this is a reason to wring one's hands and cry aloud "WHY SUMMER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?" For us hockey fans, we have a secret smile in our heart as we can begin counting down the days till puck drop.

To get us all in the spirit we proudly present the first two NationGear designs of the 2013-14 season.

TEE ONE: NUGE FOR MAYOR

The only other thing of note on the horizon is the Edmonton Mayoral Elections in October. We suppose all of City Council is being elected technically, but the big chair is up for grabs with Mayor Mandel vacating his spot. We here at NationHQ don't pretend to understand the hot button issues of the day nor can we keep all the candidates straight.

Except one.

Imagine the Nuge ran for Mayor? Now granted he would need a ride to work every day and would require an adorable booster seat to be brought in to council meetings but we can't help but think he would do a rip roaring job. Yes, a massive Nuge for Mayor campaign is just the thing we need here in the Capital City.

Click here to buy yours.

TEE TWO: THE 4 STUDS

It was brought to our attention that ladies want NationGear too and they want it to be "fancy" and "appropriate to wear with nice clothes." Contrast this with the majority of the dudes who want NationGear and want it to "hide ketchup stains" and "require rare washing if ever."

We think this is a cool design. At first glance people may not even realize that it is hockey related apparel. But once they piece it all together we can't help but guess the wearer of these babies will get knowing glances and winks from everyone they meet.

Want strangers walking up to you and asking where you got your tee shirt? Of course you do.

Click here to buy yours.

NOTE ON PROCEEDS

As always a portion of the proceeds from NationGear will go to deserving Edmonton charities as a part of our corporate goal to get to $200k in charitable donations annually by the end of 2014. This time around we are supporting our friends at the Inner City Children's Program who help provide afterschool programs and other assistance to Edmonton kids.

These designs will only be on sale for this week and then they will be gone forever. Don't miss out and live a life forever filled with regrets of what could have been. Or get some other equally cool tee shirt and immediately forget about these. Whatever.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Rocknrolla
August 26 2013, 12:49PM

I want to be the FIST person to wear that sweet shirt!

#2 Krusher
August 26 2013, 01:03PM

What, no shirt that says "Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"!

#3 Destroyko
August 26 2013, 01:29PM

Absolutely buying one of these. Can anyone tell me if they tend to run a little big or small? Don't know if I should be going M or L. Thanks.

#4 Grizztopia
August 26 2013, 01:42PM
Destroyko wrote:

Go M. If it's too tight just tell people you're going for the Simon Cowell look. Then create the next Spice Girls and make BILLIONS.

#5 Kent Wilson
August 26 2013, 01:43PM

Where's the "Maybe we won't be terrible this year!" option?

#6 rubbertrout
August 26 2013, 01:52PM

Still sitting on a giant crate of "Got Loob" T-shirts there Kent?

#7 Carlos Danger
August 26 2013, 02:17PM
Kent Wilson wrote:

Where's the "Maybe we won't be terrible this year!" option?

This coming from the model for "bearded Lego guy"

#8 Dan the Man
August 26 2013, 02:33PM
Kent Wilson wrote:

Where's the "Maybe we won't be terrible this year!" option?

That one is a good one but I much prefer the Flames version "We will definitely be awful this year! Seriously, I'm talking 74-75 Capitals bad but thank god Feaster won't do anything dumb at the draft next year and the rebuild will be over before we know it."

I would totally buy that shirt.

#9 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
August 26 2013, 04:53PM

I need me that shirt.

Jordan, Taylor, Ryan, Nail

Classic. Winks and Nods.

#10 yawto
August 26 2013, 05:30PM
Kent Wilson wrote:

Where's the "Maybe we won't be terrible this year!" option?

Kent's right. You need to start selling shirts with flames slogans too.

Edit: also Kent, you have to realize mindless comments like that will do nothing for your Dakin.

#11 Czar
August 26 2013, 06:40PM

A Flames Suck shirt would be big seller or has it already been done?

#12 I tried it at home
August 26 2013, 07:27PM
Czar wrote:

A Flames Suck shirt would be big seller or has it already been done?

Personally, I consider any flames logo shirt to be a Flames Suck shirt.

#13 Puckbag
August 26 2013, 08:57PM

@Carlos Danger

Lol

#14 Quicksilver ballet
August 26 2013, 09:05PM

Still no 3 piece suit complete with fedora yet, oh well.

#15 gr8one
August 26 2013, 09:11PM

Was visiting Edmonton from North Carolina last week and asked @OilersNation twitter account if there was someplace to purchase some Oilersnation swag and received no answer. Was kind of bummed.

#16 Wax Man Riley
August 26 2013, 09:25PM
gr8one wrote:

No, no, no, you misunderstand. This IS your answer.... it just took Wanye a week to reply.

BUT... instead of a tweet, you got an ENTIRE ARTICLE DEDICATED TO YOU!

Right Baggedmilk??

#17 Oilfan69
August 26 2013, 09:36PM

I was really expecting an

E14 for C14

shirt :)

#18 Czar
August 26 2013, 11:36PM

200k is a good chunk of change and good on you! I appreciate the fact that you guys keep pounding out quality articles day after day,I couldn't tell you how many hours of entertainment I've gotten here and it's free! If it helps support the Nation I'm in, the fact that a portion goes to different charities is a bonus. Thanks Men.

#19 Jordan Nugent-Hallkins
August 26 2013, 11:51PM

Is it weird that I ordered one of each before I even finished the article? These shirts rule.

Also, Carlos Danger. Comment of the year. My sides...

#20 Rob...
August 27 2013, 07:11AM

Some day there will be a Nation t-shirt with a photo of Darnell pouring champagne into Hall's mouth from Lord Stanley's Cup, with a title of 'Nurse Made'. I will buy 3.

#21 K_Mart
August 27 2013, 07:12AM

Front of tee: Rape is no laughing matter... Back of tee: Unless you're raping the Calgary Flames

#22 K_Mart
August 27 2013, 07:16AM

Darnell& Connor& Jordan& Justin& Taylor& Ryan& Nail.

Playoffs this year, 1st overall pick the next? Kidding, I would never... ... ... ...

#23 Jordan Nugent-Hallkins
August 27 2013, 08:39AM

Oilers sign Omark to a 1-year? Setting up for a trade maybe?

#24 Grizztopia
August 27 2013, 08:45AM
Jordan Nugent-Hallkins wrote:

Oilers sign Omark to a 1-year? Setting up for a trade maybe?

Did not see that coming. Maybe simply restocking the AHL shelves, though the way Omark reacted to the AHL in previous years, I can't imagine that's the case.

Somebody's got to be getting traded somewhere in the next six weeks, though.

#25 OilClog
August 27 2013, 08:52AM

But everyone and their mothers have been going on and on about how MacT is done... Well I said he wasn't done.. Didn't see Omark coming though! Lol.

#26 vetinari
August 27 2013, 09:58AM
Grizztopia wrote:

Somebody's got to be getting traded somewhere in the next six weeks, though.

Just saw the Omark signing... my first thought is that this maybe sets up a future Hemsky trade?

#27 JSR
August 27 2013, 12:24PM

No Justin on the shirt? Do tell....