EARLY BIRD STREAKCRED RISES

Wanye
September 25 2013 03:19PM

As the preseason comes to a close and the NHL regular season is squarely on the horizon StreakCred is ready to go with an early bird - $15 for the entire year.

This year StreakCred will reset every month. So if you come out of the gates stone cold and impossibly select the Flames to win each of their first 7 games and fall behind the entire leaderboard will reset at the end of the month and you can start anew. Prizes will be given out for the top streaks each month as will the most correct picks. And you are gonna win prizes friends.

And they are damn good prizes too. Autographed Oilers jersies. Autographed jersies from NHL stars courtesy of the connects of our newest Nation Network partner Brian Sutherby. Autographed sticks! Cash! Trophies! Trophy wives!*

Every month more people will get involved and it will cost them $20 to jump aboard the SS Winning. But from now until Friday night at Midnight MST the early birds will get the worm of $5 off and will have the entire season to test their mettle for only $15.

PRIZE-A-PALOOZA

Grand prize is a prize package worth $2,000 and a hilarious trophy that will sure to thrill any winner and annoy the hell out of the winners spouse. As in "what what the heck did you do to win this trophy and NO IT WILL NOT GO ON OUR MANTLE."

As always a portion of the proceeds will go to charity. For the 2013-14 season the Inner City Children's Program here in Edmonton - a deserving group and a Nation Network favourite who help provide programs and hot lunches to deserving Edmonton School Kids.

We will be pumping the holy hell out of this all year, showing the winners with praise and lavish prizes and laughing heartily at those who don't enter.

So sign up here won't ya?

Be a pal. Please? If you have a draft we will play it too and promise not to win**

*No actual humans are offered as prizes.

** Not an actual promise we will totally win.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 The Towel Boy
September 25 2013, 03:37PM

MAKE ME ENTER THIS CONTEST YOU BIG JERK!!

...I've given it some thought, and perhaps I overreacted. Sorry.

#2 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
September 25 2013, 04:39PM
Wanye wrote:

Mobile streakcred will be the next revision as part of a larger Nation Network app. Yeah we got BIG plans round these parts

*cackles and rubs hands together so fast they both catch fire*

Wanye, cool your hands

warm beer tastes horrible man

drink it through a straw*

--------------------------------------------------

* and hey, which of us writes better Haiku over on the POLLZ, The OG or Zippy?

#haikuwars

#3 Mikey
September 25 2013, 03:31PM

DONE!

#6 Mikey
September 25 2013, 03:49PM
Wanye wrote:

*cackles and rubs hands together so fast they both catch fire*

QUICK PUT THE FIRE OUT. WE NEED THOSE HANDS TO MAKE THE nn APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 book¡e
September 25 2013, 05:55PM

Wanye - Nice adaptive management! Monthly wins for both 'most wins' and longest streak is a tremendous improvement over a single winner take all game.

Well done. You might just make this thing shine.

Edit - Signed up now!

#9 Mullet Man
September 25 2013, 03:45PM

I'll take your money

#10 Common sense
September 25 2013, 03:45PM

Make an iOS app and I'm in.

#11 StHenriOilBomb
September 25 2013, 04:18PM

Yay! I can join from out of province this year!

I could use and Oodle Noodle g/c for something... mwahahahaha!!!

#12 LoweBlow
September 25 2013, 07:00PM

Hey Wanye,

Can y'all name the trophy "The Shivakamini Somakandarkram" ?

#13 Poolanov
September 25 2013, 09:30PM

What does " A prize worth $1000" mean?

#14 #ThereGoesTheOilers
September 25 2013, 10:03PM

From the purchase policy:

"Your entered billing address must match the address associated with your credit card. Only Alberta billing addresses will be accepted."

I'm in BC so I can't participate, yes? That's kinda harsh. I'm an okay guy.

I might live here, but I've never rolled a prius and set it on fire. Further to the point, I think Messier might just be the best thing to ever happen to Canuck fans.

#15 oilerjed
September 26 2013, 08:33AM
#ThereGoesTheOilers wrote:

From the purchase policy:

I'm in BC so I can't participate, yes? That's kinda harsh. I'm an okay guy.

live on the island and had no probs. Beware the dread!

#16 Darrell
September 26 2013, 10:44AM

Gretz - why is it we get two articles a day in the off season and one every other day during training camp ? I demand a refund ! Wait - more articles please ... Yours truly - crazed Oiler fan

#18 Kent Wilson
September 26 2013, 12:05PM

Here's a related question: who wins more games in October? Flames or Oilers?

#19 Wax Man Riley
September 26 2013, 03:57PM
Kent Wilson wrote:

Here's a related question: who wins more games in October? Flames or Oilers?

Bruins

#20 Wax Man Riley
September 26 2013, 04:18PM

DARN YOU WANYE AND YOUR CONSTANT ADVERTISING!!

I AM NOW PLAYING STREAKCRED. PREPARE TO SEE ME STREAK!

#21 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
September 26 2013, 04:33PM
Wax Man Riley wrote:

DARN YOU WANYE AND YOUR CONSTANT ADVERTISING!!

I AM NOW PLAYING STREAKCRED. PREPARE TO SEE ME STREAK!

Wax Man going streaking?