INTRODUCING THE FANTASY MINUTE

Wanye
March 21 2014 11:44AM

Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 5.39.48 PM

Now most of my hockey fantasies include Jordan Eberle, a bottle of sherry, a roaring fire and a DVD of All Dogs Go To Heaven. So when I heard about a video called the Fantasy Minute I was understandably excited.

Today we are introducing the Fantasy Minute but be forewarned - it's about fantasy hockey not necessarily fantasies about hockey. Oh and the mega babe host. No big deal.

*cackles wildly*

THE INAUGURAL FANTASY MINUTE

Follow Ashley on twitter @ASHRUSSELL14

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#51 VK63
March 21 2014, 07:01PM

Awesome!

wanye that backdrop is all… pro..fessional and stuff….. I be impressed!!

Ashley…. well… my my my.

#52 BobbyCanuck
March 21 2014, 07:02PM

Just curious, based on the last forum thread, indications would have it that

Bolt Van Der Huge and majin_oil would consider this lass rather plain, perhaps on the same level as our ice girls?

Don't flame me, don't diss me. I am just wondering that is all, please let me know

#53 Still Hoping
March 21 2014, 07:23PM

I really, really, want the Oilers to be a hockey team again.

However, there are some facts we need to realize and not hold onto old hopes and glories.

The facts are:

1) The worst team in the NHL over the past 14 years, coinciding with Kevin Lowe's arrival on the scene.

2) The majority of what Lowe has done includes Mac T. They are joined at the Hip. They are a team.

3) As was quoted from a friend of mine who works in the NHL, will not give any more information. "The Oilers are a recycle plant for all the NHL garbage. This is well known in the NHL and there is no respect for the management of that team."

4) The major sports industry magazine in North America voted the Oilers the worst managed team of all major professional sports teams (NHL, NBA, NFL, Soccer, Baseball).

So, here are the facts. There are two things to consider getting free agents to Edmonton. The most obvious, the players. Second, their agents, which are equally important because they want to protect their financial assets.

The agents, who make their lifelong paycheck from advising and negotiating for players that play an average of 3 to 5 years in the league are well seasoned in the "business".

So, If the agents look at the Oilers. They want to maximize the economics of the player, but also the future value of their asset. This includes development, and the "winning" factor which will affect future negotiations.

Because of the Oilers recent 14 year record. The agents look at the Oilers as the "team of last resort" in their recommendations to their players. If two teams are bidding for a player with equal money. Do you go to a winning team or the Oilers if you are an agent? That is easy.

The only way to correct the problem is a culture and leadership change within the Oilers organization so a "fresh slate" can be developed with the players and agents.

This will not be accomplished with Lowe, Mac T, Smith, Buchburger et al.

We need a complete change, otherwise the NHL recycle team for NHL garbage will continue to be very good at what it has been for 14 years. Losing.

#54 JJ
March 21 2014, 08:28PM

I can't stand reading Wanye's posts because his jokes are so forced, so fake, and so terrible. Hey Wanye, don't quit your day job.

#55 David S
March 21 2014, 08:32PM
JJ wrote:

"Don't quit your day job"?

Oh man. You're new here huh?

#56 THRNHJE
March 21 2014, 08:33PM

@majin_oil

I am an Oiler fan through and through, but yeah, Calgary girls are hotter. Hottest cities for girls 1) Vancouver. 2) Montreal. 3) Calgary.

#57 God
March 21 2014, 10:25PM
THRNHJE wrote:

You've obviously never lived in Montreal. I've lived in Edm, Cal, and Mtl. Currently in Van. Montreal and Toronto have the hottest girls in the country. Smarten up.

#58 Burnward
March 22 2014, 01:14AM

"Ashley: Well Wanye, I used to be the host of the Yahoo Sports Minute which got 22 million views monthly. This made me the most watched female sports reporter in the world from 2008-2010."

Bwaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!

#59 Burnward
March 22 2014, 01:15AM

Still better than Hockeybuzz Julie though.

#60 Chainsawz