March 22 2014 10:42PM
Excuse me while I clean the vomit out of my carpet... Final Score: 8-1 Flames
If you were around for the glory days of the Battle of Alberta, I want to hear from you. Unfortunately for me, I'm not old enough to remember any of those playoff series. All I remember is the mediocre Oilers teams from the mid 90s (generous I know) and the various versions of suck that we see today. These days, the Battle of Alberta is not so much a battle as it is a glorified tickle fight and from what I've heard, about the 80s, that's a sad state of affairs. Guess who was the tickler tonight?
The Oilers have to be closing in on the record for dropping turds on Hockey Night in Canada. That 2nd period was probably one of the worst periods of hockey that I've seen in a long time. Being an Oilers fan, that says a lot. Also, what was up with Taylor Hall and Dallas Eakins yelling at each other on the bench? It can't really be because of a wet jacket can it? Fight with the star player over a suit jacket, that makes sense. This train wreck of a season can't end soon enough.
Let's wrap this thing up...
The Bright Side
- The #HereComeTheOilers hash tag is at its best when the Oilers get killed
- Shooting on the Power Play = Good
- Viktor Fasth's mask was better than his play
- Someone won the 50/50
The Face Palmers
- Quite possibly the worst 2nd period in the history of the world
- Eakins throwing a towel at Taylor Hall
- Gazdic is apparently Russian for "visors are the devil"
- Minute 21-60
- We're all 2 hours closer to death
Best of the Tweets