GDB Wrap Up: Rangers @ Oilers

baggedmilk
March 30 2014 08:38PM

Booooo

So THAT went well... *smashes face on fork* Final Score: 5-0 Rangers

Last time the Oilers played the Rangers, Nail Yakupov scored the game winning goal with a minute left in the 3rd period. Kevin Quinn's goal call was hilarious and we all had a good laugh about it. It was an exciting game. Fast forward to today and half the team is either out or apparently playing injured.  The Rangers are still in a playoff spot and the Oilers have been spoilers since October. What a season (read 8 years) to be an Oilers fan! *sigh*

When Philip Larsen is taking shifts at forward, you know things are not going well. Midway through the 2nd period the Oilers had 6 shots for funk sakes. Frankly, it's a struggle to think of anything positive about this game aside from the fact that the Rexall DJ was a running punchline on Twitter. When making fun of the shitacular music at Rexall is the best thing about a hockey game, you know things are bad. On the bright side, we're all in this together.

Let's wrap it up...

The Bright Side

• We're all one day closer to death
  • Making fun of the Rexall DJ was more entertaining than the actual game
  • Martin St. Louis didn't score!
  • 7 more games left in this life draining season
  • Not a single jersey was thrown on the ice

The Face Palmers

• The music at Rexall is so bad Rangers media guys were commenting on it
  • Shorthanded goals number 6000 and 6001
  • Paying actual post tax dollars on Oilers tickets
  • The best power play of the night was when the Oilers took a penalty to make it 4 on 4

Best of the Tweets

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 6.20.39 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 6.30.46 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 7.41.31 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 7.54.38 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.00.01 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.19.14 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.23.34 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.38.14 PM

94ea28cbbd0f9fe4153692bb3e38b40c
Twitter tyrant for @OilersNation - Resident Jackass - Poor vessel for carrying milk. Follow me on twitter (@jsbmbaggedmilk) - Instagram (@himynameisbaggedmilk) or email me at baggedmilk@oilersnation.com.
#51 Oilveoiler
March 30 2014, 10:02PM

@Oliveoiler

OOPS, sorry, barf bags. I Am so angry right now, I can't spell.

#52 Cyclops
March 30 2014, 10:06PM

$9.25 a beer, and the team won't even try. The Starbucks line was a mile long.

#53 Mr common sense
March 30 2014, 10:07PM

People in front of me at the game were saying that Eberle and Hall both want out of town. I had heard before that Hall's agent had spoken to MacT. Wow, if true what a disaster about to hit us, but can't say I blame the players

#54 JAG-041
March 30 2014, 10:08PM

who wants to bet the guy going through this blog and putting the one trash on every negative comment is Kevin Lowe?

#55 Rod from Viking
March 30 2014, 10:10PM

@Fan1957

The Leafs in the "Ballard era" didn't spend any money on players. Thats what is so frustrating with this team, Katz has no problem with hie buddies throwing money away and that makes no sense. The Oilers are worried about season tickets going forward since their surveys did not comeback favorable for renewals and they keep having these luncheons.

#56 Total Points
March 30 2014, 10:11PM

When a team is having a bad game and the score is being run up score the coach pulls the goalie even though it is not his fault.

MacT and 6 rings should pull the coaches for a few games even though it is not their fault. I wonder what would happen?

#57 Chris
March 30 2014, 10:17PM
Mr common sense wrote:

Yeah because those people in front of you have access to the players and agents. We're all dumber because you chose to comment tonight.

#58 JAG-041
March 30 2014, 10:19PM
Chris wrote:

If Hall leaves then I will definitely be through with this team forever

#59 Total Points
March 30 2014, 10:22PM
JAG-041 wrote:

If Hall leaves then I will definitely be through with this team forever

Me too

#60 Mr common sense
March 30 2014, 10:25PM
Chris wrote:

It hurts eh? I felt disgusted too. Oilers eh? Morons have no one to blame but themselves

#61 dougtheslug
March 30 2014, 10:26PM
Oliveoiler wrote:

I feel sick, could the Oilers please issue free Gravol and bark bags at the entrances in future?

I believe Katz will include them with each new season ticket.

At an additional price of $15.95 per ticket, plus tax.

#62 Rod from Viking
March 30 2014, 10:49PM
dougtheslug wrote:

I believe Katz will include them with each new season ticket.

At an additional price of $15.95 per ticket, plus tax.

They won't do that or the 5000 fans that show up will be wearing them over their heads.

#63 hagargt
March 30 2014, 10:59PM

@Gk1980

We can't even look one single game into the future to see how the oilers are doing. There is zero trend. The oilers are a game of blackjack with 350 decks mixed together.

#64 ThatButthurtOilersFan
March 30 2014, 11:23PM

I have a deep respect for anyone who writes about the Oilers. I don't know how you guys do it almost every single day, when the story is the exact same. Hopefully you guys have something good to write about in the near future.

#65 oilerso
March 30 2014, 11:25PM
Mr common sense wrote:

It is true. Have heard from insider and an agent in Calgary. Though they may not have approach the team.

Six rings has no respect rom players, agents, or other GM's. E has single handedly with Mac T turned Edmonton fron a proud franchise to the laughing stock of the league recycling NHL 3rd and 4th line garbage and signing has beens.

#66 ThatButthurtOilersFan
March 30 2014, 11:26PM
Dog Train wrote:

So I'm in the semifinals of my Yahoo fantasy hockey league. The ONLY way I can lose is if the Oilers get shutout as the person I'm playing has Talbot in goal. I should've seen this coming.

I think the fans at the game must've been in a good mood or are just too tired to revolt. There wasn't much booing or jersey tossing out there.

To busy throwing up. Or leaving. Or crying.

#67 hagargt
March 31 2014, 01:53AM

Btw.. thank you bagged milk for your refreshing blogs. I can't even make it half way through the stats and figures of some of the others'. Not that I am not smart enough to understand them.. it just becomes an explanation in futility after a while. I like your abbreviated articles, and the tweets are funny. You are to the point, and make things to talk about without mathematics. Kudos.

#68 Jason
March 31 2014, 02:59AM

So Eakins comment after the game, he blamed Oilers are not a scoring team, the last 5 seasons they were always dead last in goals scored.

Isn't it his job to make this team better and not compared to previous years?

Is Eakins a retarded monkey or what? It's like saying your kids have always been stupid, the last 5 years they have low marks, so it's the parents job to get them smarter right? His job is to turn this team around and make them better.

So Patrick Roy took over 2nd worst team last season and turned the team around this season with same young team and unproven Dmen. The Avs have a chance to win 50 games this year, what a turn around. Roy made the team better with what he has.

This Eakins guy is not making Oilers better but worst. 2 more short handed goals scored against and another shut out lost at home. The fans have to put up with this crap AGAIN? How can a team has power play got scored 2 goals against with a man advantage? THIS EAKINS guy is a JOKE.

He is not making the young players better and believe in themselves, instead he is making them doubting themselves.

MAC T please fire this clown!

#69 hagargt
March 31 2014, 03:45AM
Jason wrote:

Isn't it his job to make this team better and not compared to previous years?

MAC T please fire this clown!

You just don't get it man.. kevin is the ferris wheel, and everyone else just goes for a ride. This disease is WELL past remission... The figurative tumor is kevin, and we need to lop it off before we can start therapy. There is nothing that can ever be done to make the oilers proud again until kevin is gone. This has been re-hatched 1 million times, and will be the bane to any future oilers growth. It is so redundant that the redundancy is redundant.

#70 ONTARIO OILERS FAN
March 31 2014, 04:58AM

Blah blah blah blah..... The Oilers still exist because of people such as the ones on here. I'd rather tar & feather Katz outta town and have a southern franchise to move here. Or who cares anyway.

#71 MMAX
March 31 2014, 06:23AM

I turned on the game with a couple of minutes left in the 2nd. It was about what I expected so I started flipping channels. Found LaBamba playing and decided to watch that instead. Looks like I made the right choice. There was a time I would say there's no way you could think of trading the young core guys. Now, I say blow it up. Trade every last one of them. Doesn't suprise me in the least that Hall and Eberle want out. I would too. Just don't boo them when they come back to town wearing other team's jerseys. How much losing can potential young stars take before they start to doubt themselves?

#72 Bryzarro World
March 31 2014, 07:00AM

If you have a problem dropping a deuce, just fire up the oilers game. Problem solved.....

Thanks Kblowe and katz. Another all natural remedy care of rexall drugs....

#74 Veritas
March 31 2014, 10:27AM
ThatButthurtOilersFan wrote:

To busy throwing up. Or leaving. Or crying.

I feel sick. This is like one funeral after another. Someone, please take my life. Please.

#75 Veritas
March 31 2014, 10:27AM
ThatButthurtOilersFan wrote:

To busy throwing up. Or leaving. Or crying.

#76 Loweblows and so does rectalls dj
March 31 2014, 01:31PM
redhot1 wrote:

We know what the problems with this team are. Lets look at it from a different angle. What can they (mgmt, coaching) do? Honestly. Because I have no idea how to fix this, or even start. (Not including the Fire Lowe solution)

Bringing in an experienced coach who can get the most out of every player would be a start. Barry Trotz anyone?

#77 Loweblows and so does rectalls dj