GDB Wrap Up: Rangers @ Oilers

baggedmilk
March 30 2014 08:38PM

Booooo

So THAT went well... *smashes face on fork* Final Score: 5-0 Rangers

Last time the Oilers played the Rangers, Nail Yakupov scored the game winning goal with a minute left in the 3rd period. Kevin Quinn's goal call was hilarious and we all had a good laugh about it. It was an exciting game. Fast forward to today and half the team is either out or apparently playing injured.  The Rangers are still in a playoff spot and the Oilers have been spoilers since October. What a season (read 8 years) to be an Oilers fan! *sigh*

When Philip Larsen is taking shifts at forward, you know things are not going well. Midway through the 2nd period the Oilers had 6 shots for funk sakes. Frankly, it's a struggle to think of anything positive about this game aside from the fact that the Rexall DJ was a running punchline on Twitter. When making fun of the shitacular music at Rexall is the best thing about a hockey game, you know things are bad. On the bright side, we're all in this together.

Let's wrap it up...

The Bright Side

• We're all one day closer to death
  • Making fun of the Rexall DJ was more entertaining than the actual game
  • Martin St. Louis didn't score!
  • 7 more games left in this life draining season
  • Not a single jersey was thrown on the ice

The Face Palmers

• The music at Rexall is so bad Rangers media guys were commenting on it
  • Shorthanded goals number 6000 and 6001
  • Paying actual post tax dollars on Oilers tickets
  • The best power play of the night was when the Oilers took a penalty to make it 4 on 4

Best of the Tweets

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 6.20.39 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 6.30.46 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 7.41.31 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 7.54.38 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.00.01 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.19.14 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.23.34 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 8.38.14 PM

94ea28cbbd0f9fe4153692bb3e38b40c
Twitter tyrant for @OilersNation - Resident Jackass - Poor vessel for carrying milk. Follow me on twitter (@jsbmbaggedmilk) - Instagram (@himynameisbaggedmilk) or email me at baggedmilk@oilersnation.com.
#1 8year&counting
March 30 2014, 09:28PM
Max wrote:

Putting all my Oilers' collection on eBay - willing to pay $500 for someone to take it. Redecorating my bar/rec room and looking for a team that WANTS to win to support. I am DEEPLY ASHAMED to be known as a former Oilers' fan. OILERS YOU SUCK. YOU SUCK SO BADLY THAT THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE SHAME THAT YOU HAVE INFLICTED ON YOUR FANS. I am ashamed and embarrassed that I ever supported you. You are a disgrace to the NHL. I'd rather watch ballet than a game with you participating, because you don't do that. You don't participate, you just show up and collect your millions of $$$$$. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I am sick to my stomach. I feel as if I've been kicked in the b***s.

So whatcha got and when can I pick it up?

#2 Cold Hard Truth
March 30 2014, 08:57PM

I saw a lot of progress tonight. Luckily they can finish off the season against easier opponents.

#3 nuge2nail
March 30 2014, 09:43PM

Oiler Domination To Follow

#BlameGilbert - #BlameCogliano - #BlameHorcoff - #BlameOmark - #BlameHemsky - #BlameGagner

Etc

#Shootmyself

#4 oilerso
March 30 2014, 11:25PM
Mr common sense wrote:

People in front of me at the game were saying that Eberle and Hall both want out of town. I had heard before that Hall's agent had spoken to MacT. Wow, if true what a disaster about to hit us, but can't say I blame the players

It is true. Have heard from insider and an agent in Calgary. Though they may not have approach the team.

Six rings has no respect rom players, agents, or other GM's. E has single handedly with Mac T turned Edmonton fron a proud franchise to the laughing stock of the league recycling NHL 3rd and 4th line garbage and signing has beens.

#5 Mr common sense
March 30 2014, 10:07PM

#6 JAG-041
March 30 2014, 10:19PM
Chris wrote:

Yeah because those people in front of you have access to the players and agents. We're all dumber because you chose to comment tonight.

If Hall leaves then I will definitely be through with this team forever

#7 Larry
March 30 2014, 08:45PM

This website is still up? Why?

#8 JAG-041
March 30 2014, 10:08PM

who wants to bet the guy going through this blog and putting the one trash on every negative comment is Kevin Lowe?

#9 Chris
March 30 2014, 10:17PM
Mr common sense wrote:

#10 Mr common sense
March 30 2014, 10:25PM
Chris wrote:

It hurts eh? I felt disgusted too. Oilers eh? Morons have no one to blame but themselves

#11 Total Points
March 30 2014, 10:22PM
JAG-041 wrote:

If Hall leaves then I will definitely be through with this team forever

Me too

#12 Max
March 30 2014, 09:20PM

#13 redhot1
March 30 2014, 09:37PM

We know what the problems with this team are. Lets look at it from a different angle. What can they (mgmt, coaching) do? Honestly. Because I have no idea how to fix this, or even start. (Not including the Fire Lowe solution)

#14 hockey fan 1976
March 30 2014, 09:13PM

what the funk is this garbage MC T called "entertaining hockey" at one point? and since when do get "banged up" when your forwards don't even back check? is partying and getting wasted on Saturday night called "banged up" now days?

ohh you meant the "young core" took time off last night and decided to not show up again for the 40th time this season, yet when a fan that pays good $$$ for this and decides to throw his hard earned jersey on the ice we say is disrespectful? how about this losers that manage the team to the joke of the league or the players not giving a funk about playing hard? isn't that more disrespectful to the Oilers legends? to the logo? even hockey?

To all the Oilers Management (laughed when I typed this) enjoy your paycheque and have fun golfing losers.

#15 hockey fan 1976
March 30 2014, 09:36PM
Gk1980 wrote:

Man, I wish we could look 3-4 years from now and see how the oilers at doing. Question is should we be patient with what we have or just blow it all up? Will they be any worse next year if the replace everyone here? Maybe the nhl could put together a mercy draft for the oilers. Kind of like an expansion draft.

Let me answer this for you or paint you a picture.

"with the first pick of the 2017 Hockey Draft the Oilers select....."(another wasted talent)

mark my words, Flames will move at least 3-5 spots in the standings next year, and will make the playoffs in 2015-16 season while Oilers are still it year 4 of the rebuild. LOSERS!!

#16 Fan1957
March 30 2014, 09:48PM
Cold Hard Truth wrote:

You were watching the Oilers and Rangers game? You sure it wasn't the Calgary and Ottawa game?

#17 ONTARIO OILERS FAN
March 31 2014, 04:58AM

Blah blah blah blah..... The Oilers still exist because of people such as the ones on here. I'd rather tar & feather Katz outta town and have a southern franchise to move here. Or who cares anyway.

#18 Harlie
March 30 2014, 09:12PM

#19 tileguy
March 30 2014, 09:19PM

I wonder what the Corsi stats will look like tonight, must be a positive in there somewhere.

#20 FireKLowe
March 30 2014, 09:56PM
tileguy wrote:

Don't worry JW will find some positive stats.

#21 Time Travelling Sean
March 30 2014, 08:42PM

TSN is probably happy they lost the NHL bidding to SN by now.

#22 oilredemption
March 30 2014, 08:56PM
baggedmilk wrote:

This genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Well that's not fair at all. They certainly have spoiled other teams. Especially the players padding their stats.

#23 Mer fee
March 30 2014, 09:13PM

Picture this - new arena - Katz handing out free tickets on 104 ave to get someone to watch another last place team.

#24 mesa
March 30 2014, 09:18PM

serious Q: anybody having this headache on the back of the head when oilers play.the wife warned me not watch oilers games any more.idiot i do not listen should have watched the voice.

#25 Dave
March 30 2014, 09:46PM

@ ON - sorry your biz plan was based on the Oilers. Penny stock for your thoughts?

Anyone noticing the props/trash counts are WAY down?

Good thing Riddick Bowe ain't an Oilers Fan. He'd be threatening the Oilers coaching staff on Twitter. Bucky'd be dumb enough to fight him.

#26 Rod from Viking
March 30 2014, 10:10PM

@Fan1957

The Leafs in the "Ballard era" didn't spend any money on players. Thats what is so frustrating with this team, Katz has no problem with hie buddies throwing money away and that makes no sense. The Oilers are worried about season tickets going forward since their surveys did not comeback favorable for renewals and they keep having these luncheons.

#27 hagargt
March 30 2014, 10:59PM

@Gk1980

We can't even look one single game into the future to see how the oilers are doing. There is zero trend. The oilers are a game of blackjack with 350 decks mixed together.

#28 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
March 30 2014, 08:40PM

Garbage.

#29 RexHolez
March 30 2014, 08:47PM

I take offence to this GDB wrap up BM!! You called the oilers spoilers! They haven't spoiled anyone

#30 Dog Train
March 30 2014, 08:49PM

So I'm in the semifinals of my Yahoo fantasy hockey league. The ONLY way I can lose is if the Oilers get shutout as the person I'm playing has Talbot in goal. I should've seen this coming.

I think the fans at the game must've been in a good mood or are just too tired to revolt. There wasn't much booing or jersey tossing out there.

#31 kale
March 30 2014, 09:02PM
Hallsy More Like Fallsy wrote:

I don't understand why people still show up to home games.

The entertainment value of an Oilers home game can't even be compared to say a Habs vs Bruins game.

Why support this team!?

tax break

#32 The Real Scuba Steve
March 30 2014, 09:09PM
Hallsy More Like Fallsy wrote:

I don't understand why people still show up to home games.

Why support this team!?

50/50?

#33 Derian Hatcher
March 30 2014, 09:17PM

The entire team and coaches and even six rings should watch tapes of the golden bears. They may see some things they may not recognize: consistent puck support, puck protection, proper defensive positioning ALL OVER THE ICE, low risk plays, proper zone entries, shots on goal, and an overall High level of compete and battle level all over the ice. I bet that Ian Herbers could step in immediately and make a positive difference. Pathetic and laughable.

#34 Fan1957
March 30 2014, 09:27PM

Anyone remember the Harold Ballard years in Toronto? Bad ownership led to bad management, led to bad coaching, led to years of futility. The Leafs still aren't respectable and we believe that things are going to be better soon. This is worse, much worse.

#35 Gk1980
March 30 2014, 09:29PM

#36 Max
March 30 2014, 09:57PM

I defy ANYONE who says Eakins/Smith/Bucky, should be around next season - he has been a cancer to this team.

Also to go:- STU MACGREGOR HEAD AMATEUR SCOUT BOB GREEN AMATEUR SCOUT BOB BROWN AMATEUR SCOUT JIM CROSSON AMATEUR SCOUT JOSEPH CUCCI AMATEUR SCOUT BILL DANDY AMATEUR SCOUT BRAD DAVIS AMATEUR SCOUT PELLE EKLUND AMATEUR SCOUT KENT HAWLEY AMATEUR SCOUT SCOTT HARLOW AMATEUR SCOUT DAVE HEITZ AMATEUR SCOUT FRANK MUSIL AMATEUR SCOUT ROBERT NORDMARK AMATEUR SCOUT MATTI VIRMANEN AMATEUR SCOUT Pro Scouts MOREY GARE HEAD PRO SCOUT MICHAEL ABBAMONT PRO SCOUT CHRIS CICHOCKI PRO SCOUT DAVE SEMENKO PRO SCOUT DUANE SUTTER

#37 RYAN
March 30 2014, 09:59PM

@Dog Train

THERE WAS A BRAND NEW OILERS HAT TOSSED ON THE ICE WITH A MINUTE LEFT.

#38 Oilveoiler
March 30 2014, 10:02PM

@Oliveoiler

OOPS, sorry, barf bags. I Am so angry right now, I can't spell.

#39 Total Points
March 30 2014, 10:11PM

When a team is having a bad game and the score is being run up score the coach pulls the goalie even though it is not his fault.

MacT and 6 rings should pull the coaches for a few games even though it is not their fault. I wonder what would happen?

#40 dougtheslug
March 30 2014, 10:26PM
Oliveoiler wrote:

I feel sick, could the Oilers please issue free Gravol and bark bags at the entrances in future?

I believe Katz will include them with each new season ticket.

At an additional price of $15.95 per ticket, plus tax.

#41 hagargt
March 31 2014, 03:45AM
Jason wrote:

So Eakins comment after the game, he blamed Oilers are not a scoring team, the last 5 seasons they were always dead last in goals scored.

Isn't it his job to make this team better and not compared to previous years?

Is Eakins a retarded monkey or what? It's like saying your kids have always been stupid, the last 5 years they have low marks, so it's the parents job to get them smarter right? His job is to turn this team around and make them better.

So Patrick Roy took over 2nd worst team last season and turned the team around this season with same young team and unproven Dmen. The Avs have a chance to win 50 games this year, what a turn around. Roy made the team better with what he has.

This Eakins guy is not making Oilers better but worst. 2 more short handed goals scored against and another shut out lost at home. The fans have to put up with this crap AGAIN? How can a team has power play got scored 2 goals against with a man advantage? THIS EAKINS guy is a JOKE.

He is not making the young players better and believe in themselves, instead he is making them doubting themselves.

MAC T please fire this clown!

You just don't get it man.. kevin is the ferris wheel, and everyone else just goes for a ride. This disease is WELL past remission... The figurative tumor is kevin, and we need to lop it off before we can start therapy. There is nothing that can ever be done to make the oilers proud again until kevin is gone. This has been re-hatched 1 million times, and will be the bane to any future oilers growth. It is so redundant that the redundancy is redundant.

#42 MMAX
March 31 2014, 06:23AM

I turned on the game with a couple of minutes left in the 2nd. It was about what I expected so I started flipping channels. Found LaBamba playing and decided to watch that instead. Looks like I made the right choice. There was a time I would say there's no way you could think of trading the young core guys. Now, I say blow it up. Trade every last one of them. Doesn't suprise me in the least that Hall and Eberle want out. I would too. Just don't boo them when they come back to town wearing other team's jerseys. How much losing can potential young stars take before they start to doubt themselves?

#43 Oilcruzer
March 30 2014, 08:46PM

The Oil should rerun that game tape every day, three times a day. Perfect example of how one team should play and how one team shouldn't play.

#45 kale
March 30 2014, 08:54PM

The oilers should be paying me to watch this junk

#46 6 ring circus
March 30 2014, 09:00PM

Does anyone besides Katz still believe Lowe knows a thing or two about winning?

#47 Hallsy More Like Fallsy
March 30 2014, 09:01PM

I don't understand why people still show up to home games.

Why support this team!?

#48 backup bob
March 30 2014, 09:09PM

So many things wrong.

#49 HardBoiledOil
March 30 2014, 09:10PM

yet another craptacular Oiler game that made me change the channel for good with 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd. and please, if there is a God, DON'T bring the awful Rectall DJ to the new barn! i find him too boring and predictable. time for a fresh face in a fresh building....for likely an unfresh team.

#50 God
March 30 2014, 09:19PM

Those tier one fans that paid money to go to this game are complete suckers.

I certainly enjoyed Entourage re-runs tonight. At least there does the lil' guy make it!

This team is pathetic.

The clowns that said the team is turning a corner are pathetic.

The proponents of anything to do with the current edition of the Edmonton Oilers are, you guessed it, PATHETIC!

P.S. Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) is my new god.