GDB 80.0: PERSONAL MILESTONES

Jason Gregor
April 08 2014 12:26PM

Milestones

Every player prefers wins over personal statistics, but with three games remaining the personal goals are more interesting to discuss than whether or not the Oilers will have a 14.2% chance (28th place) or an 18.8% chance (29th place) of winning the draft lottery.

Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and David Perron are battling for the team lead in goals -- they each have 27 --  while Hall is also trying to become the 12th player in Oilers' history to score 80 points.

Hall of Famers Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Jari Kurri, Mark Messier and Glenn Anderson did it, but can you name the other six? (*answer at bottom)

Hall is putting together an outstanding season. He already has 60 even strength points. When Doug Weight scored 104 points in 1996 and 90 in 2001 he had 58 and 50 ES points respectively. Right now only Ryan Getzlaf has a better ES points-per-game ratio than Hall.

Getzlaf is at .84, while Hall and Crosby are at .833. Hall has become a dominant offensive player and as he said yesterday in our interview, he is working hard at improving his overall game. He is going to be even better next season, and if he stays healthy he could push for 90 points and be a better defensive player.

While Hall is battling to become the 12th Oiler in team history to get 80 points, he is pushing Eberle and Perron to reach 30 goals. The Oilers haven't had two 30-goal scorers in the same season since Ryan Smyth (39) and Andrei Kovalenko (32) did it in 1997. They haven't had three 30-goal men since 1990.

It is unlikely all three of them will average a goal/game over the final three games, but it will be fun to watch who takes over the lead in goals.

Eberle is trying to become only the 10th Oiler to have two 30-goal seasons. (**List of the others is at bottom). He's quietly had a good season. He wasn't very good early in the season, and I think the trade talk was bothering him, but he's been quite good, 19 points in 18 games, since the Olympic break.

Scoring 30 goals twice as an Oiler would put him in pretty good company.

LINEUP

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Lander
Pinizzotto-Gordon-Smyth
Hendricks-Acton-Larsen

Marincin-Petry
Klefbom-Schultz
Fraser-Belov

Scrivens

I asked Eakins about Lander playing centre. "We know he can play centre, we need to find out if he can play the wing in the NHL," said Eakins. "I won't compromise the structure of our team to watch one player play centre. If he is going to play here he'll need to be able to play centre, right wing and left wing."

Lander hasn't looked bad, but he hasn't produced any offence, and in the future if he hopes to be a 3rd line he'll need to show he can produce at the NHL level. It is still to early to give up on Lander, but he'll need to show a pulse offensively in camp next season if he has any aspirations of making the team.

QUICK HITS...

  • The Oilers are 12-4-4 in their last 20 vs. the Avs including an 8-2 drubbing earlier this season. The Avs are one of the few top teams in the league that the Oilers dominate.

  • Nathan MacKinnon will win the Calder. He leads rookies in scoring with 60 points, and he's only the fourth 18 year old in the last decade to score 50+ points. Sidney Crosby, Patrick Kane and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins were the others.

  • This is a big game for the Avs. They have a two-point lead over Chicago for home ice advantage in their upcoming playoff series. The Avs finish the season with four road games.Tonight, Thursday in Vancouver, Friday in San Jose and Sunday in Anaheim. If they can win two of four they secure 2nd place in the central division and home ice against the Hawks. They should be movitvated to beat the Oilers.

  • When asked where he'll play next year, Ryan Jones replied, "Not here," to Rob Tychkowski. Jones went on to say he felt it was mutual from both sides. This isn't breaking news, because it was clear neither party had much interest in the other, but you don't hear a player admit it on the record very often.

TONIGHT...

tumblr_m8019ovWs01r3tp7bo1_1280

    GAME DAY PREDICTION: The SpOilers upset another team battling for home ice advantage with 6-4 victory.

    OBVIOUS GAME DAY PREDICTION: There will be multiple statistical comparisons between MacKinnon and Hall or Nugent-Hopkins throughout the broadcast.

    NOT-SO-OBVIOUS GAME DAY PREDICTION: MacKinnon and tough guy Patrick Bordeleau are the only Avs to have played all 78 games heading into tonight's tilt. Bordeleau picks up a 2nd period assist and reaches double digits in points for the first time in his career.

    * Weight (104 and 90), Jimmy Carson (100), Blair MacDonald (94), Vincent Damphousse (89), Mike Krushelnyski (88) and Joe Murphy (82) were the other Oilers with 80-point seasons.

    ** Kurri (10), Gretzky (9), Anderson (9), Messier (8), Smyth (4), Coffey (3), Esa Tikkanen (3), Craig Simpson (3), and Petr Klima (2).

    15 other players scored 30 goals once as a member of the Oilers: Carson (49), MacDonald (46), Krushelnyski (43), Damphousse (38), Murphy (35), Eberle (34), Jason Arnott, Mike Comrie, Ken Linseman and Stan Weir (33), Kovalenko, Dave Lumley and Dustin Penner (32), Zdeno Ciger (31) and Bill Guerin (30). Hall and/or Perron could become the 25th player to hit the 30-goal mark.

    Recently by Jason Gregor:

    Ddf3e2ba09069c465299f3c416e43eae
    One of Canada's most versatile sports personalities. Jason hosts The Jason Gregor Show, weekdays from 2 to 6 p.m., on TSN 1260, and he writes a column every Monday in the Edmonton Journal. You can follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/JasonGregor
    Avatar
    #51 Robin Brownlee
    April 08 2014, 07:03PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    20
    cheers
    Bryzarro World wrote:

    Katz and kblowe get to you? Starting to act like rexall security now....

    If you've been paying even the slightest bit of attention over the last several months you'll know I've pointed the finger directly at Lowe multiple times -- to the point somebody here accused me of having a vendetta against Kevin.

    So, is your comment a matter of ignorance to the above or are you just trying to get a reaction from me?

    Avatar
    #52 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
    April 08 2014, 07:03PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    2
    cheers

    @Bryzarro World

    Lolz

    Avatar
    #53 RexHolez
    April 08 2014, 07:09PM
    Trash it!
    7
    trashes
    Cheers
    32
    cheers
    Robin Brownlee wrote:

    If you've been paying even the slightest bit of attention over the last several months you'll know I've pointed the finger directly at Lowe multiple times -- to the point somebody here accused me of having a vendetta against Kevin.

    So, is your comment a matter of ignorance to the above or are you just trying to get a reaction from me?

    I get what you're saying brownlee. You're sick of the fire Lowe comments. I'm sick of typing them out. But the day Gillis is fired for missing the playoffs 1 time in his 6 years on the job, you gotta expect me to point out that this team hasn't even made it in once in 8 years without change. It just bugs me, and I know you're on the fire Lowe band wagon too. You think I'm beating a dead horse, but I won't be happy til Lowe is gone.

    Avatar
    #54 Robin Brownlee
    April 08 2014, 07:10PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    9
    cheers

    @Bryzarro World

    From my article March 23:

    "Firing Lowe tomorrow won’t undo the lousy signings and free agent acquisitions made by departed GM Steve Tambellini. It won't immediately effect some of the questionable tactical decisions made by Eakins. It won't make the defensive group in place now good enough or deep enough.

    All the above said, continuing to hire and fire GMs, coaches and assistant coaches and to bring in and ship out players and turn over the entire roster, as has happened in recent seasons, without addressing the one constant since 2000 – Lowe – before firing up the hockey-ops carousel again is insanity.

    How can Katz not make that change this off-season? How can he not offer the people who buy the tickets to watch his team something resembling a clean slate at the top after eight straight years out of the playoffs? Why should fans, having seen what we've seen, demand anything less?"

    Any questions?

    Avatar
    #55 Robin Brownlee
    April 08 2014, 07:16PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    19
    cheers

    @RexHolez

    I agree with your sentiment from top to bottom. I left your comment in place, but it just becomes noise when you offer it up multiple times under multiple items day after day -- wouldn't be any different if I wrote a "Fire Lowe" article every day.

    I'm hoping you're not beating a dead horse, but that call belongs to Katz alone.

    Avatar
    #56 RexHolez
    April 08 2014, 07:34PM
    Trash it!
    9
    trashes
    Cheers
    22
    cheers
    Robin Brownlee wrote:

    I agree with your sentiment from top to bottom. I left your comment in place, but it just becomes noise when you offer it up multiple times under multiple items day after day -- wouldn't be any different if I wrote a "Fire Lowe" article every day.

    I'm hoping you're not beating a dead horse, but that call belongs to Katz alone.

    I wish you would write a fire Lowe article everyday. In fact I wish every article that anyone writes about the oilers is a fire Lowe article. I wish no one could turn around without Fire Lowe being talked about, printed, chanted, graffitied, sung, danced or tweeted! Maybe then change will be made. but I will stop spamming the site with fire Lowe comments, but I won't drop it completely

    Avatar
    #57 Craig
    April 08 2014, 08:09PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    24
    cheers

    Why are the sports media so gutless in Edmonton? Are they afraid they won't get a interview or some access to the gong show called Oilers?

    Avatar
    #58 Rob F
    April 08 2014, 08:16PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    13
    cheers

    What the heck was that goal all about. they just let johnson skate right through.... Stupid Lowe.....

    Avatar
    #59 Virtual_Xi
    April 08 2014, 08:17PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    13
    cheers
    Robin Brownlee wrote:

    From my article March 23:

    "Firing Lowe tomorrow won’t undo the lousy signings and free agent acquisitions made by departed GM Steve Tambellini. It won't immediately effect some of the questionable tactical decisions made by Eakins. It won't make the defensive group in place now good enough or deep enough.

    All the above said, continuing to hire and fire GMs, coaches and assistant coaches and to bring in and ship out players and turn over the entire roster, as has happened in recent seasons, without addressing the one constant since 2000 – Lowe – before firing up the hockey-ops carousel again is insanity.

    How can Katz not make that change this off-season? How can he not offer the people who buy the tickets to watch his team something resembling a clean slate at the top after eight straight years out of the playoffs? Why should fans, having seen what we've seen, demand anything less?"

    Any questions?

    You're right about this one Brownlee, but your point seems illogical to me as Lowe hired Tambellini and his ineptitude pushed the oilers further and further down the town well. No accountability from him from katz. I argue that it will undo some of the mistakes at least in the perspective of the fans by giving them some faith that the organization won't tolerate year after year of suck.

    Avatar
    #60 Craig
    April 08 2014, 08:20PM
    Trash it!
    3
    trashes
    Cheers
    8
    cheers
    Rob F wrote:

    What the heck was that goal all about. they just let johnson skate right through.... Stupid Lowe.....

    Your the type of fan that let's management think there doing a good job.

    Avatar
    #61 kale
    April 08 2014, 08:20PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    12
    cheers
    Craig wrote:

    Why are the sports media so gutless in Edmonton? Are they afraid they won't get a interview or some access to the gong show called Oilers?

    I agree that most dont ask the tough questions, but there are a couple of writers who call it like it is and have quickly become my favorite reads..namely brownlee and baggedmilk. They dont care what others say but I agree the reporters tend to ask the soft questions unless its someone trying to provoke an emotional response for a story.

    Avatar
    #62 kale
    April 08 2014, 08:25PM
    Trash it!
    4
    trashes
    Cheers
    16
    cheers

    okay I just really liked MacTs response to Genes question about the draft...Ekblad or Drasaitl, MacT says both areas are an area of need, fist pump! He recognizes Gags isnt the guy

    Avatar
    #63 Brian
    April 08 2014, 08:26PM
    Trash it!
    6
    trashes
    Cheers
    10
    cheers

    Let's try something different .

    Fire the Punster, and especially fire with extreme prejudice, KQuinn and Louie.

    Avatar
    #64 Arius Mumin
    April 08 2014, 08:33PM
    Trash it!
    3
    trashes
    Cheers
    29
    cheers

    What kind of coach puts Gagner and Smyth on the same line, and why?

    Avatar
    #65 Cubsfan
    April 08 2014, 08:40PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    24
    cheers

    Sounds like season ticket sales in Vancouver were slumping with renewals starting tomorrow

    Hit them where it hurts....the wallet

    Maybe problem here is that we keep selling out the place....no sense of urgency for change.....

    Avatar
    #66 Romanus
    April 08 2014, 08:47PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    7
    cheers
    Cubsfan wrote:

    Sounds like season ticket sales in Vancouver were slumping with renewals starting tomorrow

    Hit them where it hurts....the wallet

    Maybe problem here is that we keep selling out the place....no sense of urgency for change.....

    Are you going to renew your season tickets?

    Avatar
    #67 Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty)
    April 08 2014, 08:54PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    8
    cheers

    HEY! KEEP IT DOWN .....THERES A GAME ON!

    Avatar
    #68 Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty)
    April 08 2014, 08:57PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    22
    cheers

    I'm sick of watching guys coast back to bench for the line change. New Rule....you can't leave the bench until the guy who's coming off is actually off the ice.

    Would open up the game a little.....and take some of the lazy out of the game.

    Avatar
    #69 Cubsfan
    April 08 2014, 09:07PM
    Trash it!
    16
    trashes
    Cheers
    2
    cheers
    Romanus wrote:

    Are you going to renew your season tickets?

    Why am I filled with shame when i say..?..... I will......

    Avatar
    #70 kale
    April 08 2014, 09:15PM
    Trash it!
    7
    trashes
    Cheers
    3
    cheers
    Cubsfan wrote:

    Why am I filled with shame when i say..?..... I will......

    LOL, because you are perpetuating the problem but at the end of the day we are all going to tune in..its in our blood

    Avatar
    #71 Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty)
    April 08 2014, 09:16PM
    Trash it!
    4
    trashes
    Cheers
    20
    cheers

    Leafs are eliminated!

    Avatar
    #72 Romanus
    April 08 2014, 09:18PM
    Trash it!
    6
    trashes
    Cheers
    1
    cheers
    Cubsfan wrote:

    Why am I filled with shame when i say..?..... I will......

    Lol. Me too. We are suckers for punishment.

    Avatar
    #73 Randaman
    April 08 2014, 09:24PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    21
    cheers

    A couple observations of the game so far;

    Lander is not an NHL player yet. Three times he was down low with somebody wide open out front but he holds on or turns away. His decision making skills are still too slow.

    Gagner is absolutely brutal. No strength on the boards and plays from the perimeter. The only time he goes to the net area defensively, he takes a shot in the chops and drops like he was shot. Bye bye Snowpants!! PLEASE!

    Smyth on the second line. Really?? He needs a power play goal. Please get the goal and retire!

    Eakins actually got on the linesman for that weak icing call at the end of the period! More Please!!

    Avatar
    #74 Serious Gord
    April 08 2014, 09:26PM
    Trash it!
    5
    trashes
    Cheers
    24
    cheers

    Re: firing Lowe

    In toronto two years ago the hometown fans chanted "fire Wilson" for most of a game - it was deafening.

    The next day Burke fired Wilson saying that it would be cruel (or words to that effect) to put him behind the bench for another home game.

    At the game in Van last night the fans chanted "fire Gillis".

    Less than 18 hours later he was fired.

    Do the oilers fans have the guts to chant "fire Lowe"?

    Would katz act and do so if fans did that?

    I say no and yes respectively.

    Avatar
    #75 Arius Mumin
    April 08 2014, 09:32PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    7
    cheers

    What a nice way to avoid a hit by Belov, so smooth and effective.

    Avatar
    #76 Randaman
    April 08 2014, 09:35PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    18
    cheers
    Serious Gord wrote:

    Re: firing Lowe

    In toronto two years ago the hometown fans chanted "fire Wilson" for most of a game - it was deafening.

    The next day Burke fired Wilson saying that it would be cruel (or words to that effect) to put him behind the bench for another home game.

    At the game in Van last night the fans chanted "fire Gillis".

    Less than 18 hours later he was fired.

    Do the oilers fans have the guts to chant "fire Lowe"?

    Would katz act and do so if fans did that?

    I say no and yes respectively.

    Sorry Gord, I disagree. The fans here don't have the guts to start that chant and Katz wouldn't care if they did. He only watches the games in Vancouver. Maybe we could get the Canuck fans to chant for us. LOL

    Avatar
    #77 The Soup Fascist
    April 08 2014, 09:36PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    10
    cheers
    Serious Gord wrote:

    Re: firing Lowe

    In toronto two years ago the hometown fans chanted "fire Wilson" for most of a game - it was deafening.

    The next day Burke fired Wilson saying that it would be cruel (or words to that effect) to put him behind the bench for another home game.

    At the game in Van last night the fans chanted "fire Gillis".

    Less than 18 hours later he was fired.

    Do the oilers fans have the guts to chant "fire Lowe"?

    Would katz act and do so if fans did that?

    I say no and yes respectively.

    Sorry. To be clear - you are saying if the fans chant Fire Lowe, Katz reacts to this and fires him?

    Are you serious, Gord?

    Not in a million years. The only way Lowe leaves is if he falls on the sword himself. If Katz has not fired him yet it is NEVER going to happen.

    Avatar
    #78 Reg Dunlop
    April 08 2014, 09:46PM
    Trash it!
    14
    trashes
    Cheers
    23
    cheers

    Timing is everything. Our three 1st overalls COMBINED are worth less than Mackinnon. Sorry, but it is true..

    Avatar
    #79 Arius Mumin
    April 08 2014, 09:48PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    16
    cheers

    Down by two goals, time to get Gagner and Smyth out there.

    Avatar
    #80 Reg Dunlop
    April 08 2014, 09:50PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    17
    cheers

    Also, I hate to continually grind a legend but Smyth is SO slow. It's like watching Brad Marsh execute the 3 point turn in the neutral zone. Please hang up the axe Ryan.

    Avatar
    #81 Arius Mumin
    April 08 2014, 09:53PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    24
    cheers

    RNH should get a toilet paper endorsement-he is soft.

    Avatar
    #82 Gk1980
    April 08 2014, 09:54PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    11
    cheers

    Stopped watching the game after third goal. But hey, the oilers are trying. Trying their little hearts out.....

    Avatar
    #83 Serious Gord
    April 08 2014, 09:54PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    7
    cheers
    Randaman wrote:

    Sorry Gord, I disagree. The fans here don't have the guts to start that chant and Katz wouldn't care if they did. He only watches the games in Vancouver. Maybe we could get the Canuck fans to chant for us. LOL

    So you agree with point one.

    I think Katz would fire Lowe. It would be nice to see the fans do the chant to see which of us is right.

    Avatar
    #84 RexHolez
    April 08 2014, 10:00PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    15
    cheers
    Serious Gord wrote:

    So you agree with point one.

    I think Katz would fire Lowe. It would be nice to see the fans do the chant to see which of us is right.

    Fans won't chant. It's like edmonton likes being losers. Aside from a few jerseys tossed. I can't see a fire Lowe chant from edmonton, and it frustrates the heck out of me

    Avatar
    #85 RexHolez
    April 08 2014, 10:01PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    9
    cheers

    What a shocker! The oilers lose their last home game. This rebuild is right on track. Just 4 more lottery picks and it should be just about complete

    Avatar
    #86 Robin Brownlee
    April 08 2014, 10:02PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    10
    cheers
    Reg Dunlop wrote:

    Also, I hate to continually grind a legend but Smyth is SO slow. It's like watching Brad Marsh execute the 3 point turn in the neutral zone. Please hang up the axe Ryan.

    You went with the Brad Marsh? Cruel shot, but bonus points for naming the worst skater ever to play in the NHL.

    Avatar
    #87 shaun
    April 08 2014, 10:04PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    17
    cheers

    Hey Klowe there is an opening in Vancouver, you should apply

    Avatar
    #88 Serious Gord
    April 08 2014, 10:05PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    1
    cheers
    Robin Brownlee wrote:

    You went with the Brad Marsh? Cruel shot, but bonus points for naming the worst skater ever to play in the NHL.

    Worst skater? Ever?

    Not so sure about that - I remember some defensemen in the seventies who played for TO who were not only slow, but could only turn one direction.

    Avatar
    #89 RexHolez
    April 08 2014, 10:05PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    18
    cheers

    I have a nightmare of seeing Lowe smirking and pointing to his rings in self satisfaction 3 years from now when the oilers finally make their first playoff appearance and have 4 1st overall picks and 4 or 5 lottery pick players on the team. "I told you 2nd tier fans that I know somthing about winning" he'll proclaim.

    This team will get better simply because they draft high for a decade. Coaching and management will have nothing to do with it. It's sad really

    Avatar
    #90 The Soup Fascist
    April 08 2014, 10:07PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    11
    cheers
    RexHolez wrote:

    What a shocker! The oilers lose their last home game. This rebuild is right on track. Just 4 more lottery picks and it should be just about complete

    Sorry. Season is not over yet. Two more home games.

    File under "wishful thinking".

    Avatar
    #91 Serious Gord
    April 08 2014, 10:11PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    10
    cheers
    Arius Mumin wrote:

    RNH should get a toilet paper endorsement-he is soft.

    RNH was soft in junior - he's soft now. (And phaneuf loses the plot every now and then just like he did in junior)

    I always marvel at a player like jean beliveau - who is widely regarded as on of the greatest gentleman to ever play the game. Take a look at his PIMs. One year he got 143 in 70 games. He averaged almost one PIM per game over 1100 games. RNH could use a bit of beliveau-type attitude.

    Avatar
    #92 Jakester
    April 08 2014, 10:26PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    20
    cheers

    Wow is McKinnon ever a special player. Kid can flat out play. He's going to be phenomenal in this league!

    Avatar
    #93 Quicksilver ballet
    April 08 2014, 10:46PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    23
    cheers

    Thought the score flattered the Oilers. That was like NHL vs AHL out there with the different pace of each club. The game slowed down whenever the Oilers had the puck.

    The Oilers had only one kid who played the game at that pace. And that was Nail Yakupov last year under Krueger. Now that he's had that Eakins lobotomy, he fits in with the rest of this group now. Under Dallas' new defence first system they've given up the most goals in the league. If they're going to continue to bang their heads against this brick wall, maybe Alberta Health Care should start refusing coverage to these bozos.

    Didn't take long for Ben Scrivens to be affected by the cancer within this organization. All of a sudden his numbers have dropped down to that average .917'ish Dubnyk area.

    God bless those season ticket holders who have not seen, yet still believe in these idiots (Lowe, MacTavish and Eakins) will get this thing turned around anytime soon.

    Avatar
    #94 Oiler63
    April 08 2014, 10:49PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    9
    cheers

    Is anyone of our 3 first overall picks properly developed? No. In Edmonton you have to figure everything out by yourself, like Hall slowly getting there, in his 4th year in the league.

    Avatar
    #95 Wonger
    April 08 2014, 10:54PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    7
    cheers
    Bishai in the Benches wrote:

    Wonger is that even you?? There weren't any CAPS LOCKED words in that whole post! I'm impressed. I'm also lobbying for BaggedMilk to start up a weekly Wonger article.

    I would be honoured!!! However, with all due respect to everyone, Robin Brownlee is my favourite. He is very knowledgeable and tells it like it is! Mrs. Wonger has read some of the CAPS locked garbage that I write when I get wound up - and ordered me to cool it! I always listen to Mrs. WONGER- my soul mate!!!

    Avatar
    #96 Anton CP
    April 08 2014, 10:57PM
    Trash it!
    2
    trashes
    Cheers
    8
    cheers

    Oilers lost to a team with veteran players with a veteran coach. Surely there's no shame to lose to a better team. Another moral victory checks in!

    Avatar
    #97 shaun
    April 08 2014, 11:00PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    11
    cheers
    Anton CP wrote:

    Oilers lost to a team with veteran players with a veteran coach. Surely there's no shame to lose to a better team. Another moral victory checks in!

    You listen to Roy and you think I can see why the players love playing with him, you listen to Eakins and you wonder if the players are thinking , man I hope he doesnt throw me under the bus tonight,sure wish Yak was back

    Avatar
    #98 Harry2
    April 08 2014, 11:03PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    9
    cheers
    Cubsfan wrote:

    Sounds like season ticket sales in Vancouver were slumping with renewals starting tomorrow

    Hit them where it hurts....the wallet

    Maybe problem here is that we keep selling out the place....no sense of urgency for change.....

    Ive been asking myself this same question for months. Why the hell are you muppets in EDM supporting this absolute sh'tshow of a team.

    I love the Oilers and hockey for that matter as much ad anyone I know which is exactly why not one dime will come out of my pocket towards the Oilers or anything that has Rexall on it. We got to send a message somehow.

    May seem lke small potatoes but I encourage others to follow.

    Avatar
    #99 Reg Dunlop
    April 08 2014, 11:08PM
    Trash it!
    0
    trashes
    Cheers
    3
    cheers
    Serious Gord wrote:

    RNH was soft in junior - he's soft now. (And phaneuf loses the plot every now and then just like he did in junior)

    I always marvel at a player like jean beliveau - who is widely regarded as on of the greatest gentleman to ever play the game. Take a look at his PIMs. One year he got 143 in 70 games. He averaged almost one PIM per game over 1100 games. RNH could use a bit of beliveau-type attitude.

    I get the gist of what you are saying but #4 was one of the biggest players in original 6 hockey while RNH is one of the slightest-built players in today's game. Unfair comparison. In addition, penalty minute totals are not always indicative of competitiveness. Remember Dave Keon? I think his game might be a better goal for little Nuge to strive towards.

    Avatar
    #100 Anton CP
    April 08 2014, 11:09PM
    Trash it!
    1
    trashes
    Cheers
    4
    cheers
    Harry2 wrote:

    Ive been asking myself this same question for months. Why the hell are you muppets in EDM supporting this absolute sh'tshow of a team.

    I love the Oilers and hockey for that matter as much ad anyone I know which is exactly why not one dime will come out of my pocket towards the Oilers or anything that has Rexall on it. We got to send a message somehow.

    May seem lke small potatoes but I encourage others to follow.

    Considering about lots of peoples that I have met after the game in other places. There are lots of those with extra incomes and looking for excuse to get drunk that has little caring about if the team were putting up a good performance.

    Comments are closed for this article.